Live Action Halo CTF?

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Live Action Halo CTF?

Post by Rox3l »

So, I hope this is the right place to post this. I wasn't really sure where it would fit and I am hoping it's not totally shot down. ^^; I read the post in General about Lazar Tag not being Japanese anime or culture related, and although the Halo series is American they do have Halo tournaments at the convention, so I am hoping that a game of Halo CTF would be admissible.

Anime Boston 2012 Live Action Halo Capture the Flag

Objective:
Both teams start out at Base(to be determined). There are six flags placed throughout the convention center's second and third floors(as they are not as crowded as the first) and 2 teams (Red vs. Blue) each made up of 4 players. You may switch up players at the end of each round. Which ever team brings back the most flags wins the round. Flags are then reset. Best 2 out of 3. The winning team gets a prize (to be determined).

Rules:
1. If you get tagged by a member of the opposite team you must ‘respawn’ stand where you were tagged and count to ten (you must count in Mississippis, do not speed count). If you are in a crowded hall or main area, please move to the wall and do your count there.

2. The flag will not be placed in exhibition halls or panel rooms.

3. The flag must stay within the convention center.

4. You can not take more then 1 flag back to Base at a time. (There will be referees watching the flags to make sure they are not messed with or illegally taken).

5. If you are the flag carrier and get tagged you must drop the flag and take a 15 second Respawn.

6. You will get a bandana of your team’s color, your team color must be visible to other players.

7. You must abide by all of the Hynes Convention Center rules. i.e. No running. If the refs see you running you will be disqualified and your team will then be short a player for the remainder of the round.

8. Please be respectful of other players and con goers. AB is a big con and this is supposed to be a fun game, so be aware of your surroundings.

This was an idea that I had a few years ago and the person I was trying to plan it with told me that it was a stupid idea. I brought it up to my boyfriend recently and he said that it would be interesting if we were allowed to do it. I would be planning/running this with the help of other con goers. I am thinking it will be about a half hour to 45 minute game, I am really not sure how long each round would take. I am not asking for this to be an event or a panel or anything like that I was just hoping that we would be allowed to play. Although having a not used room to use as Base would be really BA. :)
AB'13: Riven (League of Legends)
AB'14: Queen Elinor (Brave)
AB'15: Female Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
Rox3l
Determined Poster

Re: Live Action Halo CTF?

Post by Rox3l »

Would anyone actually be interested in playing?
AB'13: Riven (League of Legends)
AB'14: Queen Elinor (Brave)
AB'15: Female Twisted Fate (League of Legends)