LARPing Limited

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Yammark
Determined Poster

LARPing Limited

Post by Yammark »

There were very few larping opertunities that didnt have to do with Vampires }:(
Yamma!
Eimi
Show-off

LARPing Limited

Post by Eimi »

You could always volunteer to lead a LARP next year :3
Yammark
Determined Poster

LARPing Limited

Post by Yammark »

[quote=Eimi]You could always volunteer to lead a LARP next year :3[/quote]

I'd love to... only... I've never LARPed before....
I've seen people do it alot though!
Yamma!
Yammark
Determined Poster

LARPing Limited

Post by Yammark »

[quote=Yammark][quote=Eimi]You could always volunteer to lead a LARP next year :3[/quote]

I'd love to... only... I've never LARPed before....
I've seen people do it alot though![/quote]

Now that I think about it... If I had people who knew LARP pretty well... I could get a LARP together!

Now if Only I knew some people....
Yamma!
kendernwj
AB Alumni

LARPing Limited

Post by kendernwj »

Besides BESM,
What kind of LARP are you expecting?

We do our best to make the Vampire game as "Anime" as possible (I pull the characters and theme's from animes). I just use the VTM rule set and world cause it add a nice frame that I and my crew happen to enjoy.

If you want to start your own I can offer some advice though. just shoot me an e-mail Kendernwj@gmail.com
Yammark
Determined Poster

LARPing Limited

Post by Yammark »

[quote=kendernwj]Besides BESM,
What kind of LARP are you expecting?

We do our best to make the Vampire game as "Anime" as possible (I pull the characters and theme's from animes). I just use the VTM rule set and world cause it add a nice frame that I and my crew happen to enjoy.

If you want to start your own I can offer some advice though. just shoot me an e-mail Kendernwj@gmail.com[/quote]

I dont care too much about how the LARP systems varie... too much, I care a little
(Never heard about Big eyes, small mouth before)

Vampires is all right.... I can only assume that it fits the hopes of those who cosplay characters in a less than violent settings of carnage. However its a bit absurd or unnecessary for characters who meet the status of an already/more violent series (IE: Soul Calibur, or say Final Fantasy).

If I were too conjour a theme, I think I would be as general enough to say something that would have to with the classic LARPing live-or-die fashion with a style/plot that depicts... I dunno, maybe the good ol' med-evil fantasy.
Frankly, I also think that modern day conceptions of Vampires are absolutely silly, even much more as it would probably depicted in anime and movies.
Yamma!
kendernwj
AB Alumni

LARPing Limited

Post by kendernwj »

All I can say if you don't seem to know what you are talking about :-) (I do mean this nicely)

Do a little research into Vampire the Masquerade (if you wanna spend the time) our game hoped to cater to both violent and non violent playing styles and we took characters from a stretch of animes ranging from Nana to Hellsing. As I said before the Vampire portion just happens to be the rule set and frame I like to use. Also you may have what the Larps at AB are confused with Nero or other Boggin larps. Also these vampire do NOT sparkle.

Don't really know what else to say,
Nick
greengrasspony
Expert Poster

Re: LARPing Limited

Post by greengrasspony »

LLRPing sounds like fun. My friends RP all the time but I've never tried LLRPing.
I'm just going to keep dreaming until one comes true.

"The more you know. The more you learn you don't know"

You are who you choose to be, Not what others choose you to be.