View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
The Cosplay HQ for 2014 is open! 
AB Staff

Post The Cosplay HQ for 2014 is open!
Applications for the 2014 Cosplay Events are now open in our Cosplay HQ!

Visit the Cosplay HQ to sign up for Cosplay Games, Masquerade, and the Hall Cosplay Contest.

Check out everything cosplay at Anime Boston in our Cosplay section!

Questions? Please ask below and our Cosplay Games, Masquerade, and Hall Cosplay staff members will answer as soon as they can!

Deadlines
-Cosplay Games: February 28, 2014
-Masquerade: February 1, 2014
-Hall Cosplay Contest: February 1, 2014

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:59 pm
Getting the hang of this...

Post Re: The Cosplay HQ for 2014 is open!
Right now our audio is just music. If we would want to add dialogue over it (not affecting the length of the audio) can we resubmit an audio file?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 am
Committed Poster

Right now, I only have one costume I'm bringing to AB finished and it's currently the only one with photos. I want to submit the other cosplay as well, but I obviously don't have photos of it yet since I will be starting on it after the holidays. Should I wait to apply for any cosplay games I'm interested in until I have both cosplays completed or can I just apply with one then add in the other one later? I've never applied for any of the games before so I'm not sure how this works.

Hikaru Hitachiin (pink hair)- Ouran Highschool Host Club- 70%
Pikachu- Pokemon

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Experienced Poster

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:
Right now, I only have one costume I'm bringing to AB finished and it's currently the only one with photos. I want to submit the other cosplay as well, but I obviously don't have photos of it yet since I will be starting on it after the holidays. Should I wait to apply for any cosplay games I'm interested in until I have both cosplays completed or can I just apply with one then add in the other one later? I've never applied for any of the games before so I'm not sure how this works.

deff was thinking the same black star but Im sure if you can at least wear the wig to prove your sticking to the anime im sure they will consider Im hoping the costumes I submitted was enough I only have pictures of my cosplays from years before but if Im chosen I will just cosplay that character. Im hoping not because I deff wanna be saeko princess serenity female soul lucy or erza not sure yet :)))

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:08 am
Veteran Poster

When is the deadline this year for Death match applications and Cosplay Chess applications? ( As I know it isn't first come first served as the Masquerade is! Correct me if that has changed! :3 )
I'll be getting my cosplays finished up in the next week or so; I won't be able to put up the pictures of my newest costume till then!

Also, does anyone happen to know the theme for this year's Cosplay Chess??

AB '12
AB '13
AB '14

Anime Boston 2015; Get Ready to Battle!

Cosplay Plans~*
Wadanohara- Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea (20%)
Toph- Avatar: The Last Airbender (60%)

(*ノ∀`*)

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:50 am
AB Staff

Deadlines have been added to the first post of this thread.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:47 am
Committed Poster

Quote:

Also, does anyone happen to know the theme for this year's Cosplay Chess??

I've been wondering this as well.

Hikaru Hitachiin (pink hair)- Ouran Highschool Host Club- 70%
Pikachu- Pokemon

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran Poster

Is it like first come first serve for the cosplay games? Does sending in our applications earlier increase our chances of getting in? ..

Ab2014
Saturday- Winry Rockbell/ Tamaki Suoh
Sunday - Nagisa Furakawa , Hinata Hideki

Ab2015 - Ideas - Mary Kozakura , Kuroha ,Nagisa Furakawa

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm
Expert Poster

I do believe it is not first come first served and that they want all applications before they start choosing participants for the different cosplay games.

Still I myself would not consider an early application a bad thing as long as your costume is done. (Need to take a couple of photos of my latest costume as the wig is done now.)

Roy Mustang-FMA

Cosplays 2014:
Archer-Fate Stay Night 100%
Domon Kasshu- Mobile Fighter G Gundam 100%
Iori Yagami - King Of Fighters

A normal person has 1,000 wishes. A SOLDIER only has one, to come home safe.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced Poster

I also was interested in the Chess application- but it doesn't really say what the theme is.
The only descriptions I can find are very generic.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
AB Staff

Hello, to answer a few questions:
With the exception of Masquerade, cosplay events are not first-come-first-served. So please take your time to work on your cosplay and take a full picture of you in your cosplay before the applications deadline. Participants for Chess, the Dating Games, and Death Match are often chosen for having accurate costumes, so we need pictures to make sure you have completed the outfit and it is very recognizable to the audience.
If you have not finished the cosplay before the end of the deadlines, then please take a picture of how far you have gotten and include in the costume's notes what you still have to do. Again, the event staff only look at applications after the deadline, so you have untill then to finish the outfit and take a nice picture.

This year's chess theme will see the forces of Order battling against unruly Chaos. For the purposes of teams, characters that are lawfull evil, lawfull good, or characters that act off of straightforward principals shall work together on Order; characters that are selfish, chaotic, or you just cant figure out what they're thinking will be Chaos.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:18 am
Veteran Poster

How do the teams for the death match work?

Ab2014
Saturday- Winry Rockbell/ Tamaki Suoh
Sunday - Nagisa Furakawa , Hinata Hideki

Ab2015 - Ideas - Mary Kozakura , Kuroha ,Nagisa Furakawa

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:29 pm
Experienced Poster

Say you were doing a second version outfit that a character wears in the series, would that be allowed or should only be a more recognizable outfit the character wears? And if so for the applications should we send a picture of our cosplay and a picture of what it should look like?

Celestia Ludenburg - Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Touka Kirishima/Rabbit - Tokyo Ghoul
Sailor Saturn - Sailor Moon

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
I'm new!

i want to participate in the cosplay games like chess and the dating game, but i'm not going to be wearing a costume that's anime/video game related. I plan on being either the 10th Doctor from Doctor Who or Two Face from batman the animated series. will that hinder me from possibly being chosen?

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:11 pm
Experienced Poster

The cosplay I wish to apply for the games with I just ordered last week, but since it's the Chinese Lunar New Year there was a notification that my costume might not arrived until early March. Would there be any chance of my cosplay still being accepted if my costume doesn't arrive on time and I don't apply until later? :c

Celestia Ludenburg - Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Touka Kirishima/Rabbit - Tokyo Ghoul
Sailor Saturn - Sailor Moon

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
AB Staff

@boken2007: Anime Boston has stayed committed to being an Anime convention, so event coordinators will look for characters that have Japanese origins. However non-anime characters have been accepted in the past if they fit a theme really well or a need arose for them. So please feel free to apply, but know that there is a smaller chance of your character being accepted into an event.

@bittersweetdemons: We often get applications for characters in alternate outfits, so feel free to submit a cosplay with a different look. We are currently only asking for a picture of people in their cosplays, rather than a picture of the actual character, so you do not need to include a reference picture from the series. There is a portion in the application to name the version, so if the alternate outfit has a moniker, or an episode it was featured in, then that would be the place to name it.
Applications to cosplay events will close on February 28th. So you have until then to finish your cosplay and submit a photo of yourself in your costume. If your outfit hasn’t arrived before then, then the next best thing would be to take a photo of yourself in as completed a cosplay as you have, and include a picture from the site where the outfit was purchased from. Then explain in detail in the extra information section what the rest of your cosplay will look like when completed so coordinators have an idea what to expect from you. Because the events are not first-come-first-served, everyone’s applications will be looked at after February 21st, so I hope your outfit arrives before then.

Last edited by Ficus on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:04 am

Where do I sign up for the games? I really need to know this. Is there a link to the page? I must be overlooking it somehow... :cry:

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:16 pm
Committed Poster

From the lovely navigation bar on the main page, click the Cosplay button, which will have a list pop down. From that, Cosplay HQ will come up, which has its own list of links. First fill out My Info, My History, and My Costumes with all of the necessary things those pages bring up.

After that is all filled out, you can go to Cosplay Games (the one on the same list as My Info, not the one on the main Navigation bar,) where you can click to apply to events and choose which costumes you'd like to apply with.

ARE YOU READY FOR 2014?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:22 am

Thanks! I realize what I did wrong. I do not yet have my cosplay so I cannot sign up without the photos, but thanks again! I shall submit them as soon as possible!

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:

you should apply with the consume you have finished and you can always up date it after but you have till the end of February to summit it. good luck. i am also submitting a cosplay.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Experienced Poster

With the con only a month away, has anyone hear if they are in the games and chess?
I was just wondering because if I am not in what I applied for then I may not bring the costume. Needs some minor repairs after Katsucon. I don't know if I should fix it up or just focus on the Masquerade since I know I am in that.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
AB Staff

Applications dont close untill February 28th. Everything will be reviewed by each events' coordinators then. A short time after that e-mails will be sent out informing everyone if they got in or not, and which character was accepted.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 am
Experienced Poster

Does the applications for the cosplay games close at midnight on the 28 or at some point during the day of the 28?

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:59 pm
I'm new!

Cant wait for the games!!!!!! Submitted my Tenth Doctor Cosplay and im so excited for the reviews!!!

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:21 pm
Experienced Poster

When you get notified if you made it or not, are you supposed to get the notification in the HQ and and email? I got rejected from the dating game and I got an email for that but for the Death Battle the HQ said I was rejected but I never got an email.

Anime Boston 2012 & 2013: Yumi Yoshimura(HiHi Puffy AmiYumi)
Anime Boston 2014: Monokuma (Danganronpa) & "It's dangerous to go alone, take one of these" Pokemon box (Pokemon)
Anime Boston 2015
Cosplay 1
Lucy Van Pelt (Peanuts)
Cosplay 2
Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]