Pre-Registration Events at Tokyokid and Comicopia

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Hey everyone, I know you're all anxious to Pre-Register for Anime Boston 2009, so we've set up some local events for you to take advantage of. Anime Boston will be taking Pre-Registration for $35 at Tokyokid on August 30th (Labor Day Weekend) from 2-5pm. We will also be taking registration at Comicopia September 20th from 2-5pm. Anyone who pregisters at Comicopia on that day will receive 10% off on all Manga. So come down and see us to pre-register at our cheapest rate of the year!
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

^_^

Now to have talk with my friend about should he and our friends should reg as a party at the in-person event, or wait to do group reg when it goes online?

Which brings up question: can we register as a party at the in-person event? Party seems to do same thing a Group does: have fewer people needing to wait inline to get the badges.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

You certainly can register as a group and select a party leader to pick up your group's badges at the event. Your group must have 2 or more people to select this option.
XxYukirinxX
Experienced Poster

Post by XxYukirinxX »

I was wondering if the pre-registration online will be more expensive than the pre-registration at Tokyokid.
Animeboston 2015:
Friday: [none]
Saturday: Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)
Sunday: Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

It will not. When pre-registration goes online it will remain at $35 for a couple months then the price will increase. I will post the deadline of the price increases when online registration is up.
karriachinoryu
Veteran Poster

Post by karriachinoryu »

Question... can we pre-register other people who aren't present? If we have their information and the money to pay for them, would that work?
AB2018: My fourteenth Anime Boston! :mrgreen:
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Yes you can, as long as you have all their information. The required information is as follows: Full Name, Full Address, Email (You will get a confirmation email around the time online reg is up), Birthday, and Emergency # (if they are under 18). Badge name is optional, if you leave it blank we enter your first name. You can change it once you get the confirmation email.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Okay, I might be able to get to Tokyokid, but here is a question....if I pre-reg there, would I have to make my badge then, and not be able to change it in the future? I would like to know so I have time ahead of the date to put some thought into a badge name. I hope not though. My mind tends to change alot, and since I don't know who I would be cosplaying yet, it wouldn't help too much.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
ShadowWolf
Committed Poster

Post by ShadowWolf »

You will be given you badge upon entrance of the convention. When registering they only take your money and information up front so you do not have to wait. Until they take the system down (usually about a week or two before the convention) you have the option of changing your badge name as you please.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Your are able to change your badge name up until online pre-registration closes. When you register you are given a confirmation email and an attendee code. (In the case of in-person reg events it takes longer to email to you because we must manually enter your information and that needs to wait until our database is ready, so you will probably receive a confirmation around the time online pre-reg is up) With that attendee code you can access a status page and change some information like badge name or address. If no badge name is provided we use your first name only for the badge name.

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

What type of Payment methods are accepted? The Registration page is still showing 2008's information, and for at-door only.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

Unless our technology has been upgraded without my notice, we are accepting cash and check only, which is our standard procedure at all in person events (only online can you use a credit card).

Hope that helps!
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Mike is correct. We will be accepting Cash and check only. (Or Money Order if you are so inclined, though I don't see the point for an in-person event where you can just give us the cash ^^;;) I know that at the Garage where Tokyokid is located there is an ATM on the first floor.
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

if i go to comicopia to pre-reg, will i have to pay for to get in just to pre-reg for ab or how will it work ^-^'?
You will never understand the depth of our pride
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

[quote=Akimichi Sazuki]if i go to comicopia to pre-reg, will i have to pay for to get in just to pre-reg for ab or how will it work ^-^'?[/quote]

I'm not sure why you would have to pay a fee to enter a comic book store. Either way, the answer is definately no. If you wish to pre-reg at Tokyokid or Comicopia there is no fee to "get in". Just show up and you'll be able to pre-register for $35 for all 3 days of Anime Boston 2009.
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

^-^', i didnt know it was just a comic store, i thought it was more then that, I'll deffinitly pre-reg for ab then, thanks for the info.
You will never understand the depth of our pride