Sheraton Parking/Checking in

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Sheraton Parking/Checking in

Post by Mirotic »

What time (on Thursday) does the Sheraton typically begin letting people into their rooms? I realize they say 2pm, but most hotels let you in early.

Also, how quick does their garage fill up?
Just wondering what people's experiences are with this!
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Re: Sheraton Parking/Checking in

Post by JosephW »

Not sure about Sheraton, but in my experience with Hilton and Marriott hotels, even though they say check-in is at 3-4pm, I usually arrive around 9-10am and they let me right in.

Worst case scenario, your room isn't ready yet and you just let the hotel hang on to your luggage for a few hours while you go off and do whatever at the convention.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

In the past I used to drive overnight on Thursday night and check in at the Sheraton very early Friday morning (don’t recommend doing this btw, there’s a reason our group stopped haha), but they never had a problem checking us in very early Friday morning every time we did this. So I don’t see why Thursday morning would be a problem.

In my general experience with hotels, they all say 3-4 pm for check in to cover themselves in case they were fully booked the night before and absolutely have no rooms available for you. But if a room is available they do not usually have a problem checking you in earlier. And basically the larger the hotel, the more likely they are to have rooms available for early check in. The Sheraton is a pretty large hotel so I think you’ll probably be fine.
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

I remember in the past reading about how the hotels were able to check in bags if you arrived early. It is best to call the front desk and ask that question though.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

The Sheraton Parking is expensive. Across Dalton st. the Hynes Auditorium Garage is cheaper. At 50 Dalton Street.

I always do early check-in. If the room is not ready, most hotels will hold your luggage while you wait.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

From my experience from working in a hotel - early check-in really depends on how full the hotel was the night before. If you're arriving Thursday, you might call the hotel on Wednesday to see what their capacity is, and then ask them to leave a note in your reservation that you'll be an early arrival. Worst case scenario: they're completely full all week and the can't get you in until check-in time and you'll have to stash your bags. But usually if there's a note in a reservation, Front Desk will do their best to accommodate.

Remember to always be polite to hotel staff. You'll get a lot farther that way. 8-)
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I checked in at noon time. Had no problem getting a room. If they have no room ready they will ask you to come back latter. It doesn’t hurt to ask.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.