Swap meet... what exactly is it?

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
OtakuJolyn
Getting the hang of this...

Swap meet... what exactly is it?

Post by OtakuJolyn »

Hey fellow con goers,
So I've never been to the swap meet before. I'd like to try this year, as I have a few things I don't really need. I want to know how the swap meet works. Is it like a trading thing? Or can you just say "who wants this?", and someone who wants it can take it?
2016: Tree Higher, MLP
2017: Espeon, Pokemon
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Re: Swap meet... what exactly is it?

Post by pulsedemon »

It's all about trading your old stuff that you don't want anymore for someone else's old stuff that they don't want anymore! Trades only!

It's a pretty great scene and it seems like there's someone there looking for just about anything. A friend of mine brought a waffle iron to see if anyone wanted it and this one dude was like 'I legit am a waffle iron collector' and a perfect trade was made.

That said, if you bring broken old garbage, I can't promise someone's going to be all like 'oh please give me your trash'.

There are a lot of cats that bring like old Nintendo tapes or comic books about dudes getting rude. There's a stickied thread about what people are bringing to maybe coordinate some swaps in advance, but there's just a whole bunch of people all over the place with all kinds of stuff to trade, so bring some stuff you don't want anymore to see if you can get rid of it for some stuff you maybe want.
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Visc
Veteran Poster

Re: Swap meet... what exactly is it?

Post by Visc »

pulsedemon wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm It's all about trading your old stuff that you don't want anymore for someone else's old stuff that they don't want anymore! Trades only!

It's a pretty great scene and it seems like there's someone there looking for just about anything. A friend of mine brought a waffle iron to see if anyone wanted it and this one dude was like 'I legit am a waffle iron collector' and a perfect trade was made.
My reputation precedes me.