Parking fee question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
k1koala
Getting the hang of this...

Parking fee question

Post by k1koala »

This is our first time staying at the Sheraton, and it says the rate is $53.00 per night for parking!! YIKES! Im assuming this is not included???
If it is not as I assume, and we are staying one night, will I be charged for both Saturday and then Sunday when we leave in the afternoon??
Thank you for any help, just trying to figure out the finances with food, etc...
Lamron
AB Staff

Re: Parking fee question

Post by Lamron »

The parking fee is in addition to the room charge/rate. So it is an extra cost. As for being charged for a second day, that is something that you would have to ask the hotel.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

k1koala wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:21 pm This is our first time staying at the Sheraton, and it says the rate is $53.00 per night for parking!!

Thank you for any help, just trying to figure out the finances with food, etc...
If it's practical for you, do consider leaving the car at a T station and taking the subway in. On Thursday, I leave my car either at Braintree or Quincy Adams stop on the Red Line and pick it up Sunday. I've never paid more than $33 for the whole weekend.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Post by LantisEscudo »

I second the suggestion of parking at a T station. Subway stations that allow overnight parking are: Alewife, Braintree, North Station, Quincy Adams, Riverside, South Station, Wellington, Wonderland, and Woodland.

I personally like to use Wellington; if you park in the garage on levels 6-8, it's $5 per day, so I can park Thursday to Monday for under $30.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

Another thing to think about is parking at one of the T stations farther out, and then taking Uber or Lyft. We did that last year on the way back to the car and it saved us a royal post-con headache, and it really wasn't that expensive.
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
WertPhotography
Experienced Poster

Post by WertPhotography »

I too park at a T station. I check into the Hilton and then drive out to Wellington Station and leave my car there until Monday. For $7 per night at Wellington it's still cheaper than one night at the hotel.