Thread for Staff to Introduce themselves? :o

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Thread for Staff to Introduce themselves? :o

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

I was just wondering if there was a way for the staff to have a thread or place to introduce themselves and say a bit about their positions?

You've all been doing great work and I, as Im sure many others, would love to know about the people running our beloved Anime Boston.

Also, if this info is already out there please let me know. I could have easily overlooked it! ^×^;;
Anime Boston '17:
  • Thursday: Pikachu Trainer
  • Friday: School bathing suit Rin Kagemine, Loli Link, Pikachu Trainer
  • Saturday: Pikachu Trainer, summer casual Rin Kagemine, Loli Link
  • Sunday: one of the above
Just turned 21 this year! Let's hang and get drinks!♡
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: Thread for Staff to Introduce themselves? :o

Post by Aurabolt »

Here ya go: http://www.animeboston.com/staff/staff_listing/

A staff member can feel free to correct me on this but they are not paid to do what they do every year. It's a labor of love ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Aurabolt wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 am Here ya go: http://www.animeboston.com/staff/staff_listing/

A staff member can feel free to correct me on this but they are not paid to do what they do every year. It's a labor of love ^_^

Thanks so much!
Anime Boston '17:
  • Thursday: Pikachu Trainer
  • Friday: School bathing suit Rin Kagemine, Loli Link, Pikachu Trainer
  • Saturday: Pikachu Trainer, summer casual Rin Kagemine, Loli Link
  • Sunday: one of the above
Just turned 21 this year! Let's hang and get drinks!♡
honmeichoco
AB Alumni

Post by honmeichoco »

Hi Rainbow! We don’t have a dedicated “meet-and-greet” thread. The staff listing link that Aurabolt posted is helpful as you can see just how many people are committed to making Anime Boston happen, but unfortunately we don’t have a nice shiny page of staff bios to show off (sorry!).

That being said, I’m happy to talk a bit about my position at Anime Boston; I’m a part of the volunteer management team. Ever notice the hordes of orange-vested individuals directing lines, assisting in panels, and being as helpful as can be? Those guys and gals are attendees (such as yourself) who have decided to give back to the convention while they’re not cruising the dealer hall or checking out Cosplay Chess. The team I work with manages those fine folks; we make sure they’re well-fed, that they have all the correct info about the convention to give to attendees, and that they’re having fun.
There are a few sub-departments in my team (we have mini-teams that handle scheduling, food & prizes, media, and managing volunteers). I’m a part of the mini-team that manages our volunteers while they’re out on the convention floor. I provide them with up-to-date info while they’re on their shifts, confirm that they understand their assignments, watch out for their well-being and happiness, and make sure they’re back in time for dinner.

Shameless plug time! Here’s some more information about my department:
http://www.animeboston.com/staff/volunteers/
http://www.animeboston.com/staff/volunteers_faq/
If this sounds fun to you, feel free to sign up (even if it's past deadline -- just email us); we’re always looking for more individuals to join our little family!

There’s a lot that goes on to make the Anime Boston happen. Many of the staff's departments are involved in planning for the convention year-round. Aurabolt was correct in saying what we do is a labor of love.

I hope this was a helpful response! See you at AB!
Jennifer (Jinx) McNeece