Fire Emblem 2017?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Floranime
I'm new!

Fire Emblem 2017?

Post by Floranime »

I don't know if there's already a post for this, but I can't find one!! Is anyone interested in a Fire Emblem photoshoot? I'm going to be cosplaying Ryoma from Fates, and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of us again this year!!
lucretiainferno
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Fire Emblem 2017?

Post by lucretiainferno »

My friend and I are going as Corrins and we would also like to know if there is a meet! I know there's normally a few people who organise it each year so if someone has any news from them?
Anime Boston 2017 Lineup
Friday: Aries Mu, Marth
Saturday: Dragon Corrin, Nico di Angelo
Sunday: A Trash Can (Kylo Ren)
karriachinoryu
Veteran Poster

Post by karriachinoryu »

I'm hoping to go as a character from Radiant Dawn! (It's retro, right?) Looking forward to seeing fellow fans at the con!
AB2018: My fourteenth Anime Boston! :mrgreen:
lucretiainferno

karriachinoryu wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 pm I'm hoping to go as a character from Radiant Dawn! (It's retro, right?) Looking forward to seeing fellow fans at the con!
OMG is Radiant Dawn old enough to count as retro? I have my Soren cosplay!
Anime Boston 2017 Lineup
Kimmiiekinz

Post by Kimmiiekinz »

I will be cosplay ingredients as Velouria from fates! Lmk when the photos hoot is so I can plan accordingly
karriachinoryu
Veteran Poster

Post by karriachinoryu »

lucretiainferno wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 pm OMG is Radiant Dawn old enough to count as retro? I have my Soren cosplay!
It'll be ten years old next month! Probably not really retro but I'm doing it anyway for the fun of it. I'd love to see a Soren there if you decide to wear it!
lucretiainferno

karriachinoryu wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:54 pm
lucretiainferno wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 pm OMG is Radiant Dawn old enough to count as retro? I have my Soren cosplay!
It'll be ten years old next month! Probably not really retro but I'm doing it anyway for the fun of it. I'd love to see a Soren there if you decide to wear it!
Aw man I am so tempted to! It needs a bit of fixing up I made the cosplay back in like...2009?
Anime Boston 2017 Lineup
water_angel

Post by water_angel »

I will hopefully be going as Rebecca on Saturday. The two people who run the Is Marth in this Game panel usually do a photo shoot that day and I'm guessing as long as they are going they will do it again this year. I've gone the last two years to their photo shoot and have loved it.
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

Hey, I'm the one with the Marth panel! I'm usually on my game with meets and all much earlier, but I'm in the middle of a move. I'm happy to coordinate meetups, though! I think we're likely to bring Pent and Louise from FE7, and my boyfriend is working on Xander from Fates as well.

Would people be interested in Friday, Saturday, or both this time around? I'll also get on setting up a Facebook event, as I know people have been asking around there, too.
AB 2018 plans
Oscar Dragonia - Tales of Berseria
Sailor Saturn
Taako - The Adventure Zone
water_angel

Post by water_angel »

That's fun, where are you moving to?

I personally like the Saturday one, having it right after your panel has always worked for me.
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

I'm moving from western MA to the Boston area! Haven't found a place just yet, but Boston housing is what it is.

The big problem with scheduling around the panel is that I generally don't know if it's going to be scheduled at all until a few weeks beforehand, and then I don't get my time sometimes until as late as the week before the con. Sometimes that leaves us scrambling for an unfilled meetup spot at the very last minute. If we can tentatively reserve a time/space now, but it ends up conflicting with the panel (or an FE-related guest, or something else that would make it weird), then we can swap times with another group.

I think last year's location worked really well! It was a liiiiittle tight, but I think hallway ends might be even worse with the kind of turnout we can expect. I don't have hard numbers, but we have over 100 cosplayers expected for Katsucon this month, so I'm sure there will be a lot. I don't want to herd people outside, given unpredictable weather on top of security/bag check.
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
water_angel

Post by water_angel »

I liked the light in last years location too. looking back through my photos no on was hidden in shadows

And wow ididntrealize that they waited until the last minute to schedule things. I can understand if you want to schedule the meetup spot earlier. Maybe we should do it at the beginning of the day? Or just after lunch time. I believe both your panels in the last two years were at twoish, should we try to schedule it using that time frame and see what happens?

And the Boston area is awesome, I really want to move closer to there someday. My "career" actually is centered around Boston so I think it would be a good move in the long run unless my current job pans out. I'm currently upper central MA
Lightlaurein
I'm new!

Fire Emblem 2017 Photoshoot

Post by Lightlaurein »

Hey, couldn't find a topic for this, so not sure if there already is one, but my gf and I are planning to go as Velouria and Selkie! I know there was a pretty large shoot last year, so I have to ask - anyone interested in one or already planning one for this year?
:mrgreen: Planned Cosplays AB 2017:
707, Mystic Messenger: 50%
Ryuuji Kawara, Hatoful Boyfriend: 40%
Velouria, Fire Emblem: Fates: 50%
indigo

Post by indigo »

I will be attending the meet as either Owain or Lon'qu! If no one has taken point yet on organizing the meet, I can help out, too. Either Fri or Sat. works for me!
twitter: @t0dorokishouto
lucretiainferno

It'd be nice to see a Friday and Saturday shoot if only because Heroes is out and it'd be cool to have two FE shoots!
Anime Boston 2017 Lineup
Jugdral Defender
Experienced Poster

Post by Jugdral Defender »

I will be going as Sety again this year, and Leaf will be the new cosplay for me this year (http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fir ... 0719003132 his armorless TCG outfit). Going with my Celice again and potentially a Shanan who will also be cosplaying Soren!

I considered pulling the Master Knight card for Leaf but I'd rather not hold up the security line for twenty minutes for them to check All The Things.
Anime Boston 2019:

Carl Grimes (Season seven + eight, four outfits)

Enid (Season nine)
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

Sorry for the lateness! I've finally escaped Katsucrunch and set up the meetup.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1104288503016298/
We don't have times yet, but I'd like to choose before this coming weekend and get everything in place. Please let me know if you have hard commitments, like private shoots, and I'll do my best to include you.
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

I'll be there as Lucius again, with my Raven this year! And if we're gathering RD, I suppose I could try to convince her to reprise Naesala and Tibarn, but our wings are in rough shape. Really rough ^^; Not to mention getting them on the T might be a trick XD

Lucius and Raven for sure, though! I can't wait to see your Pent and Louise, I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to get up to AAC. Friday, Saturday or even Sunday would work for me--one of those days I want to try to be at a Tales Of shoot, but one hasn't been officially scheduled. So you guys get the first shot at my time, haha.

(I just crashed headfirst back into Elibe Feels with the release of Heroes. I'm so hyped for this meetup, guys XD)
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

I'm not seeing a tonnnn of Tellius interest this year, so don't feel too much pressure to bring them if they're not in good shape. Not that I wouldn't love to see them of course! So far there's a Shinon coming, but I don't know what day, and Angela's bringing Heather back.
I didn't actually manage to get Pent and Louise done until Katsu, and they weren't quite 100% there, even, so you didn't miss them! They are however definitely wearable, so we'll have them most likely Friday. We also somehow managed a little FE8 group, so I'm resurrecting Eirika and Ephraim for Saturday morning before changing out into my FF thing. They're not easy to wear and I also feel like we've gotten so much better at making stuff that they're not going to be a full-day thing by any means.
I definitely think Heroes has shaken up what I've seen for cosplay! It's kind of revitalized me, too. I was feeling a little burned out on FE, but as it turns out all I needed was pulling my favorites in Heroes and taking a step back for a while.
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

The Tales meetup is looking like it's going to be Saturday afternoon, so Elibe on Friday would be perfect for me!

I'm thrilled that my brain is back in FE, because I had kind of lost touch with it too. Then I pulled Raven in Heroes and OOPS, hello House Cornwell feelings. The only problem is it's cutting into my desire to work on Yuan ^^; I shouldn't be noodling around with hand axes and heal staves when I have armor and a double-blade to finish! XD
karriachinoryu
Veteran Poster

Post by karriachinoryu »

Hey guys! So I just saw a post on the main cosplay forum here on the AB boards indicating that a room in the Hilton is being reserved for cosplay gatherings and photoshoots! If the organizer of this photoshoot wants to, it looks like no one has reserved a spot in that room yet (and it's first come, first served) so maybe that would be a good idea for a location that is indoors and actually able to be reserved just for us!

Here is a link to the post explaining about the cosplay gathering room and how to reserve it: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21446

Edit: Oh goodness I just noticed the organizer posted to that thread the exact minute I posted here. Thrilled to hear we're on the same page!
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

Thanks so much! Yeah, someone messaged me about it on FB and I flew, haha. We managed the hall last year, but only with a lot of yelling and crowding.
So as of right now, Saturday will be at 1 PM in the Fenway cosplay room! I asked for a full hour because Saturday FE is Big, and that way we'll have time and room to do ship shots and all that which has been getting cut the last couple years. I figured Friday is a little smaller, so we can swing the hall space still.
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
water_angel

Post by water_angel »

Where is the address of this room? I don't think the Hilton is anywhere near the hynes, is it in another location we'll have to leave the convention to walk to?
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

The Hilton is across the street from the Sheraton! It is very close. You will have to go outside, but unfortunately there is literally nowhere inside the Hynes that can accommodate the group we're anticipating Saturday. Last year we got kicked out of an area and were fortunately able to move closeby, but we were reeealllllyyy pushing it. I don't want to end up with a situation like what happened the year before last, where we ended up getting the group broken up because we were moved by con security. As sucky as it is to have to leave the con and then have to do bag check and all again, I think it's the best way to make the meetup happen with the size we're looking at.
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
papertoadette
AB Alumni

Post by papertoadette »

Just for the shoot I might have to bring my Aqua/Azura (I'm so used to the Japanese name) cosplay from Fire Emblem Fates/IF

Michelle Light
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Cosplay Games Staff 2018-2019 We Put the PLAY in Cosplay

Cosplays for 2019: Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Sakura from Card Captor Sakura, Toadette from Mario and ??? from ???
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

All right, our times are finalized!

Friday: 3 PM, first floor, underneath second set of escalators, near street entrance
Saturday: 1 PM in the Hilton Fenway ballroom/cosplay photoshoot room
Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1104288503016298/

I'll be running my usual FE panel at 8:30 on Friday night, so we're probably going to stay in Pent and Louise all day for that. Let's pray con staff doesn't take my bow away c':
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

Cinnamon Chai wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 am Let's pray con staff doesn't take my bow away c':
I'm worried about Raven's sword getting confiscated, it turned out much heavier than I was expecting. I'm not worried about Legault's daggers (we talked our roommate into being Legault, yes, she's working on the costume as we speak XD) because they're light, but the sword is quite a respectable weight. Also a little worried about my staff, if I manage to get it done, but I guess it's a risk I'm willing to take.

3:00 under the stairs on Friday it is! I'm so excited~ (I might be at the Saturday one as well, but as a spectator. The Tales Of shoot is in the ballroom right after the FE shoot is XD)
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

Ahh I'll try to stay to take tales pics! I have to change into Terra right afterwards, so I'm glad times seem to be ok.
AB 2018 plans
Sailor Saturn
TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

Oops, bungled up my times! Tales shoot is at 3:30. I might show up for the FE shoot anyways, it might be nice to have some pictures myself for a change XD