Undertale 2017

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Undertale 2017

Post by Onipuck »

So we don't have a repeat of last years mass migrations and confusion, I've decided to help out with starting this a good while in advance, instead of roughly at the last minute like last years.

First off, I would like to state that I do not know how to call dibs on a cosplay photoshoot area, or what would be a good area to lay claim, so if anyone had an idea or suggestion, I'm all ears.
Just make sure that if we do an outdoors area that we have a backup for if the weather's bad, as it has turned out to be like these past few years.

I will be using the same method with what the photo groupings will be, such as ships, fights, and the like, since I know a lot of you have your own preferences for what gets precedence.

I'm planning on going as Chara instead of bringing back my Sans because I could not find a better mask, and I do not do well with them of any form...
And if I can actually pull off a little arts and crafts project I'm working on, there might be a mini-Frisk joining me.

I'm hoping we get that awesome Burgerpants cosplayer again this year.

UPDATE
Our shoot times are 5PM at the Sheraton's Fenway Ballroom, and 4PM Saturday at the courtyard if sunny, or the Belvidere Alleyway
Last edited by Onipuck on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Re: Undertale 2017

Post by Onipuck »

Either I made this thread way too early, or the people interested in Undertale cosplaying do not show up that often on the forums...
Abear
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Abear »

Hihi!! Me and a friend will almost definitely show up for this! I'm planning on cosplaying Mettaton EX (in my own lil alt outfit) and she's being either Burgerpants or Tem. So excited!!!

I'm fairly new to actually going to meetups though, so idk about the location thing. umu good luck
Have been attending since 2013!
AB 2022- Zacharie (OFF), Hikaru Orihara
AB 2023- Penny (Pokemon ScVi), Anzu Futaba, Kuromi
AB 2024 plans- (boxhead????)Iori Motohashi, Momosuke Oikawa
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

To be fair, I don't know how to set one up myself, I just made this so people will actually know an Undertale meet up was gonna happen.

Last year it was a last minute thing, and a good deal of it was up on facebook, hopefully this year we'll be able to secure a location instead of having to march all over the mall, multiple times.

The exodus was not fun.
Veejneedsabreak

Post by Veejneedsabreak »

Hey, if you need a photographer, I'll do it once you come up with a time and place. I won't be able to get my undertale cosplay done this con..
MakeMeHowell
I'm new!

Post by MakeMeHowell »

I'm going to AB as Toriel for a day, I'd love to meet up!

I'm being 100% honest here, this is my first time going to AB and going to a meet up, so I might be kinda slow haha :lol:

I'll keep my eye out for the location and I hope i see you there!
SansTheLazySkeleton123
I'm new!

Post by SansTheLazySkeleton123 »

Hello im new here and i just wanted to know what day and month it is? plz reply. :D
hartleyisboring
I'm new!

Post by hartleyisboring »

boi ill be temmie and burgerpants, id love to help in any way to organize this as well, cause like, I need to be surrounded by fellow undertale trash or else I won't have a reason to breathe I meAN,

lets first set up a time and place to meet
AB 2k16: Sans (undertale)
AB 2k17: Temmie (undertale), burgerpants (undertale), Minami (Yuri!!! on Ice)
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Well, now that we've got a few more people posting, let's try and figure out a location, does anyone here have prior experience with photo shoots?

For a day, most people show up on Saturday and in the afternoon, so that would be the best for a primary shoot time, but we should probably aim for another, slightly smaller one for Friday as well in case others can't make it.
If someone wants to lead a Sunday session, I'd appreciate volunteers, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to run it since the last day is reserved for Chess match and getting ready to leave. New comers might not know this, but to get a good seat you need to wait in line all morning.

Also, Sansthelazyskeleton, it says so on the Anime Boston homepage, but it's March 31 to April 2nd.
Mothit

Post by Mothit »

Ugggghhhhh I WAS planning to be MTT again this year, but I now have to travel from my school to Boston via public transport, and I can't bring my Blook prop all that way (which means there's no point in being MTT as the Blooky is the best part!). And I lost a few pieces of the cosplay at AAC so I'd have to remake those...

Anywhoo! I might still show up to a meetup if it happens because I've still got Undertale Stickers leftover from last year to hand out and I'm not going to let public transportation stop me from getting rid of them!
AB 2013- Julius Monrey (Fri, Sat, Sun)
AB 2014- Julius Monrey (Fri), Kevin (Sat), Fact Core (Sun)
AB 2015-Sander Cohen (Fri), Carlos (Sat)
AB 2016- Mettaton (Fri/Sat), Aziraphale (Sun)
AB 2017- Cole (Fri/Sat), Stormer (Sat. Night/Sun)
AB 2018- Herbert von Krolock (Fri), Cole (tba), The Dollamekr (tba)
xPandaPie93
I'm new!

Post by xPandaPie93 »

Hello!! I currently have a Toriel cosplay in the works. I don't have any experience organizing photoshoots but I'm game to help out however I can.
2008: Anko (Naruto)
2009: Konan (Naruto)
2013: Fem!Sebastian (Black Butler), Kyoya (Ouran High School Host Club)
2014: Shiina (Angel Beats)
2015: Gatomon (Digimon), Elsa dressed as Jack Frost (Frozen/Rise of the Guardians), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
2016: Neo (RWBY), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon), Festival Minako Aino (Sailor Moon)
2017: Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last Airbender), Toriel (Undertale), Neo (RWBY)
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

So, to get a head start on things, how do people feel about having the first meet-up be on Friday at 5 PM, and the second on Saturday at 4 PM?

As for location, if it's raining we could either go to that bay-window area on the third floor of the convention center, or we could use the large, mostly empty hallway called Belvidere Arcade.
If it's not raining, we could try for the courtyard, unless another group's laid claim to it on those days.

Using this as a reference guide for locations: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14985
And, I'd probably want to put more thought into the raining locations, just because for the past few years, it's been rainy and dreary on convention days.
xPandaPie93
I'm new!

Post by xPandaPie93 »

I agree on putting more focus on indoor locations since the weather rarely cooperates. Times sound good to me.

As for locations, I never been to an Undertale photoshoot before so I don't but know how popular cosplay for the fandom is or how clustered it gets at photoshoots. Experience from one of the RWBY photoshoots last year taught me don't underestimate the turn out if its a popular fandom. It was a huge group that showed and the space that was booked was so small.

I like the bay windows area but I can't say I'm familar with the hallway. I haven't done many shoots outside of the convention center. I have done zero in the courtyard since its rained everytime I there's one planned to be one there in my experience.
2008: Anko (Naruto)
2009: Konan (Naruto)
2013: Fem!Sebastian (Black Butler), Kyoya (Ouran High School Host Club)
2014: Shiina (Angel Beats)
2015: Gatomon (Digimon), Elsa dressed as Jack Frost (Frozen/Rise of the Guardians), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon)
2016: Neo (RWBY), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon), Festival Minako Aino (Sailor Moon)
2017: Ty Lee (Avatar: The Last Airbender), Toriel (Undertale), Neo (RWBY)
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Just made a facebook group for the photoshoot, since my older brother(who's organized photoshoots before) suggested that I do so.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1004364089694680/
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

An update, we have the Friday 5PM slot at the Fenway Ballroom at the Sheraton Hotel
Thatgamermal

Post by Thatgamermal »

Me and my friend are coming as Frisk and Chara I hope to See all the great costumes and the photoshoot :D
Raylulz
I'm new!

Post by Raylulz »

I'll be there as Frisk!
Anime Boston 2017
Shinra: Durarara
Okabe: Steins;Gate
Frisk: Undertale
Yukio?: Blue Exorcist
Danny?: Danny Phantom
Security Guard?: FNAF