Panel question

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
ArtestCosplayGirl200
Experienced Poster

Panel question

Post by ArtestCosplayGirl200 »

Hi yes, my group wants to submit a panel. What I'm confused on if someone can help me. I heard this was floating around and I was wondering what people are saying is true. Is it true that they don't accept in character panels or ask panels anymore. I know educational panels are. But can you be in character for any kind of panel or not as well? Please answer so that my group and I can submit a panel that ab is ok with.

AB 09: SM
10: Pretear, Sakura
11: Miku Hatsune, Yuki Cross, Mion, Amu Hinamori
Been going since 2009.
2021: megumin and re zero
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Re: Panel question

Post by Mirotic »

Not staff, but there is a thread directly below this one where a staffer answered.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20968#p280736

If you don't feel like clicking, you can apply with an ask panel, but it is unlikely to make the cut. AB prefers educational/seminar panels.
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Re: Panel question

Post by tehscribbles »

Correct Mirotic, I will post my reply here as well for others to see.
Every year, Anime Boston receives hundreds of panel submissions. Some of these are inevitably of the format of "fans ask characters in Cosplay questions." While these panels can have a place in some contexts, generally Anime Boston is not one of those.

If you're interested in panels that allow you to discuss certain aspects of anime, generally academic seminar type discussions would be preferred.
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator