what does "eataly" mean for ab2016?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Re: what does "eataly" mean for ab2016?

Post by basharoftheages »

Sno wrote:
DemonGirl-Setsuna wrote:
Sno wrote:It does look like Dunkin Donuts and Pinkberry will be closed :(
Dunkin Donuts is over by the Hynes-entrance, so I don't think it'll be affected...
And the Pinkberry is over by Wagamama, so it might also not be affected.

Plus, I think we should wait until after the 25th to check the site, so we'll have a better idea of what might still be around for AB 2016. :? (The location of the Cheeseboy is still showing in the food-court...)

I was just reading on the Prudential Center dining page page that said, "Important Visitor Information: The Food Court will close at the end of business on June 25, 2015. This closure is in preparation for construction of Eataly Boston, opening in late 2016. Click to view restaurants and eateries that will remain open after the Food Court closure." and I clicked on all of them. The ones with no business hours are the ones I assumed would be closed. But yea definitely going to wait until the 25th to make sure which are a definite closure.
Well, those places weren't in the food court to begin with... easy to see why they'd be overlooked. They're also probably not considered restaurants by the Pru.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Hielostar
Experienced Poster

Post by Hielostar »

Fetch wrote:There are 2 other Cheeseboys in Boston. One in South Station, the other in Downtown Crossing across from Walgreen's.

Still, no food court means all the bars and restaurants along Boylston are going to be getting a ton of extra business.

The easiest food option might just be to go to the Sheraton lobby, ask at the front desk if they have menus for places that deliver, then call one of those places and tell them to bring the food to the Back Bay Sheraton lobby.
Also, if you don't want to do that (asking the front desk for menus), there's always Foodler or Grubhub - has multiple menus for places in the area to deliver. Used Foodler the past 2 ABs to order and had my food within an hour in both instances. So if you do enough planning ahead, it may be even a more efficient option for your schedule as you can place an order via the app ahead of time and then walk from the convention over to the Sheraton lobby to wait for the delivery guy as it gets closer to the delivery window.
/ænɪme bɔstɪn/ 2006-2022

2022: Your favorite Zaku girl selling model kits in the Dealer’s Room!
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

It's official...

Sadly, the Cheeseboy is gone from the Prudential Center... :cry:
As is everything that was in the food-court...

Even the Cheeseboy website confirms it: http://cheeseboy.com/locations
(Now what am I supposed to do with the free sandwich on my rewards-card? :? )

But I will continue to watch the Prudential site like a hawk to see if it will return! (And hopefully it will! And does so before AB 2016!)
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
HimariChan
Expert Poster

Post by HimariChan »

Recently went to the Pru to check out the situation and yes, the food court is gone. As well as the Legal's and Sephora across from it. But if you want chocolate, Godiva has survived!

Really sad that Cheeseboy is gone, it is really good! Any word on possible relocation?

Also, FYI, the front entrance of the mall is gone. I had to enter through the side on the street across from Lord and Taylors (blanking on the name.)
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Of the eateries at the Pru, what is currently still open?
Yamato
AB Staff

Post by Yamato »

HimariChan wrote:Also, FYI, the front entrance of the mall is gone. I had to enter through the side on the street across from Lord and Taylors (blanking on the name.)
@HimariChan, You are thinking of Ring Road which connects Boylston St. and Huntington Ave.
HimariChan wrote:As well as the Legal's and Sephora across from it.
I do not know about the Legal Sea Foods location, however that Sephora is temporarily relocated to Fashion Court (across from the Microsoft store, to the right of Pinkberry).
DocWatson wrote:Of the eateries at the Pru, what is currently still open?
@DocWatson, The list you linked to is accurate and up to date.

It's really going to be interesting to see the outcome of how drastically the mall has changed after eataly is fully settled in. I get the feeling that a couple more shops will be relocated or shuttered. Only time will tell.
Phillip Fernandes, Special Projects Technical Staff
AnimeBoston

::: Past Positions :::
AB 2024 - Special Projects Technical Staff
AB 2019 - Surgical Dummy
AB 2018 - Special Projects Technical Staff (Tech. Archives Coordinator)
AB 2017 - Special Projects Technical Staff (Tech. Archives Assistant)
AB 2016 - Special Projects Technical Staff (Network Monkey and Records Minion)
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

The Legal Seafood has been closed for quite some time. It is currently located in the Copley Mall (Passed the Marriott)
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Yamato
AB Staff

Post by Yamato »

Aidan2 wrote:The Legal Seafood has been closed for quite some time. It is currently located in the Copley Mall (Passed the Marriott)
Thanks Mike! I completely forgot about it being there. In fact I walked by it the other day. It probably didn't click because I hadn't had my espresso yet.
AnimeBoston

AB 2019 - Surgical Dummy
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

It is indeed a real shame that the food court is no longer there. Oh well, it just means more money away from Prudential.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Yamato wrote:
DocWatson wrote:Of the eateries at the Pru, what is currently still open?
@DocWatson, The list you linked to is accurate and up to date.
Thanks. :D

From the AB Area Dining page (I E-mailed the Webmaster that it needs updating), I take it that, with the food court closed, my best bets for fast/quick food restaurants are Au Bon Pain by the convention center and wandering down Boylston and Newbury?
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

DocWatson wrote:From the AB Area Dining page (I E-mailed the Webmaster that it needs updating), I take it that, with the food court closed, my best bets for fast/quick food restaurants are Au Bon Pain by the convention center and wandering down Boylston and Newbury?
The AB Dining page usually isn't updated until January/February (i.e. closer to con) as restaurants open and close in that area all the time. The Information Desk Manager keeps track of all that information.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Yamato
AB Staff

Post by Yamato »

DocWatson wrote:...my best bets for fast/quick food restaurants are Au Bon Pain by the convention center and wandering down Boylston and Newbury?
You can also check Huntington Ave.
(West, heading towards Symphony Hall with Shaws at your back.). There is Panera and Five Guys Burgers and Fires down there. I will be amazed if that Panera closes given some of the recent corporate changes that have happened. I have worked as a loaner at that Cafe and the lunch rush starts at 11 AM and doesn't end until about 3 or 4 PM and then picks backup from 6 PM to 8 PM.
AnimeBoston

AB 2019 - Surgical Dummy
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

DemonGirl-Setsuna wrote:It's official...

Sadly, the Cheeseboy is gone from the Prudential Center... :cry:
As is everything that was in the food-court...

Even the Cheeseboy website confirms it: http://cheeseboy.com/locations
(Now what am I supposed to do with the free sandwich on my rewards-card? :? )

But I will continue to watch the Prudential site like a hawk to see if it will return! (And hopefully it will! And does so before AB 2016!)
As I mentioned before, there are other Cheeseboy locations in Boston. South Station (in the center of the lobby) and Downtown Crossing (across from Walgreen's)

Also, for quick food, there should be a food truck or two just outside the Prudential T station entrance of the mall, near the Christian Science Center plaza.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Kagomechan wrote:
DocWatson wrote:From the AB Area Dining page (I E-mailed the Webmaster that it needs updating), I take it that, with the food court closed, my best bets for fast/quick food restaurants are Au Bon Pain by the convention center and wandering down Boylston and Newbury?
The AB Dining page usually isn't updated until January/February (i.e. closer to con) as restaurants open and close in that area all the time. The Information Desk Manager keeps track of all that information.
Okay, though the page says "Last Updated: May 19, 2013". :oops:
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

Ah well. I guess I'll be switching to a much less healthy AB diet (Au Bon Pain, DD, and the cupcake place in the middle of that concourse outside the Hynes) until at least 2017. At which point I'll take a look at Eataly and its prices, and decide whether or not I'll ever eat there...
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
runawaysorcery
Getting the hang of this...

Post by runawaysorcery »

I have been to the food court myself and can confirm that it is 100% gone.

The biggest reason that this scares me is that I usually forget to eat while I'm at the con so i don't realize that i need to until i'm almost ready to pass out. Ordering food a restaurant takes time and is expensive and walking out in the city for "fast food"... I guess I'll just have to be more careful next year.

I guess we can just help each other out with lists of nearby places to eat, copley square does have some quick options. The biggest bummer is the cold you'll experience walking somewhere in cosplay in March...
AB2016 Line-Up:
Friday: Lightning Farron with Oerba Yun Fang in the Deathmatch!
Saturday: Weiss Schnee
Sunday: Danny Vasquez

All my cosplays: Weiss Schnee, Lightning Farron, Cassandra Pentaghast, Danny Vasquez, Izana Shinatose, Asami Sato, Inquisitor Lavellan, Avatar Korra, Ramona Flowers
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

When the Information Desk Manager updates the page and the map, please have them take a look at numbers 54, 55, and 56, some of which seem out of place versus their addresses, and 92 (The Pour House), which is missing from the map.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Pizza places that deliver can expect a huge increase in sales for next year. With the lack of immediate options, delivery pizza seems like a good, cheap option.
Also, there should be some cheap fast food nearby. Boylston has a lot of stuff on it, but does require some walking.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Revan_Deschain
Expert Poster

Post by Revan_Deschain »

Some good alternatives for non-Boston natives:

Huntington Ave (5-10 min walk from Pru):
Five Guys
Panera Bread
Pho & I (delicious Thai)
UNO (cheaper alt to Cheesecake, nowhere near as good)
Subway
Boston Shawarma
Wings Over
Chatime

Close-ish:
Boston Burger Company
Pad Thai
Wendy's
Pour House
Rice Bowl

Order Out:
Sunrise Chinese Food (best late night option)
Number 1 Food
Dominos

There's also still a pizza place in the pru that has decent looking slices but haven't eaten there myself.
AB 2017
Friday & Saturday:
Big Boss [TUXEDO]
Sunday:
The Revanchist
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

Don't also forget the on-line food delivery services that cover many of the restaurants in the city & least 1 grocery - Foodler.com. They even have promotions where you earn virtual currency with them to apply towards a future order & vendor specific discounts. I suggest, should you use the service, to order in advance of your arrival to your room. There is at least an hour window for delivery & you can cut down some of that time planning ^^

Sad part for Eatily - they replace multiple cuisine styles & dishes for one fixed style. I have a feeling it is not going to boom as well as they expect.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Revan_Deschain wrote:Some good alternatives for non-Boston natives:

Huntington Ave (5-10 min walk from Pru):
Five Guys
Panera Bread
Pho & I (delicious Thai)
UNO (cheaper alt to Cheesecake, nowhere near as good)
Subway
Boston Shawarma
Wings Over
Chatime

Close-ish:
Boston Burger Company
Pad Thai
Wendy's
Pour House
Rice Bowl

Order Out:
Sunrise Chinese Food (best late night option)
Number 1 Food
Dominos

There's also still a pizza place in the pru that has decent looking slices but haven't eaten there myself.
Pour House is right across the street from the Hynes Boylston St entrance.
Lots of other restaurants along Boylston St.

Bukowski Tavern and The Summer Shack are over on Dalton St (the street that the Sheraton's front door is on).

There are two restaurants inside the Hynes itself. But they are high end places. The sort of places that you feel you should have the credit card of one of the Host Club (not Haruhi's) if you want to eat there.

There is also a food truck or two on Belvidere St during lunch time on weekdays. (go out the door of the Pru that's by the Cheesecake Factory and the Pru T station and take a right towards the Christian Science Center)
Last edited by Fetch on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Kalyoth wrote:Don't also forget the on-line food delivery services that cover many of the restaurants in the city & least 1 grocery - Foodler.com. They even have promotions where you earn virtual currency with them to apply towards a future order & vendor specific discounts. I suggest, should you use the service, to order in advance of your arrival to your room. There is at least an hour window for delivery & you can cut down some of that time planning ^^
But not too far in advance—from personal experience: there are few things more annoying to a delivery driver than waiting for a customer to show up because they ordered in advance and they aren't actually home (yet), or because they decided to run an errand in the meantime. Please remember that the delivery driver's time is money to them.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

I personally tend to go to Terriyaki House on Boylston. It is a little bit of a walk but they do deliver and they are open late.
Past Conventions:

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries

LadyAquatica
I'm new!

Post by LadyAquatica »

Just a heads up, I was at the Pru a couple weeks ago, and there are small areas that they are selling food within the mall that aren't full sitdown restaurants. There's a little stretch of food options and then a register. I saw signs for more food things opening up soon, too. I'm not completely sure what there is, but I'll check it out sometime within the next few weeks and report back. :3
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

LadyAquatica wrote:Just a heads up, I was at the Pru a couple weeks ago, and there are small areas that they are selling food within the mall that aren't full sitdown restaurants. There's a little stretch of food options and then a register. I saw signs for more food things opening up soon, too. I'm not completely sure what there is, but I'll check it out sometime within the next few weeks and report back. :3
Thank you! :D
BriP
Experienced Poster

Post by BriP »

Shiroikami wrote:Ah well. I guess I'll be switching to a much less healthy AB diet (Au Bon Pain, DD, and the cupcake place in the middle of that concourse outside the Hynes) until at least 2017. At which point I'll take a look at Eataly and its prices, and decide whether or not I'll ever eat there...
If you mean the little cupcake stall Crumbs, then unfortunately it's not there anymore. As for the last time I was at the Pru a few months back, they had a wall lined with vendor-like machines and packets of sandwiches and other food items inside. I'm not sure how well off that will be but I'll most likely just snag some pre-made meals at Shaw's and Trader Joe's.
Anime Boston 2019 Line-up
Friday: KH3 Sora
Saturday: Halloween Town Sora
Sunday: KHO Sora
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

LadyAquatica wrote:Just a heads up, I was at the Pru a couple weeks ago, and there are small areas that they are selling food within the mall that aren't full sitdown restaurants. There's a little stretch of food options and then a register. I saw signs for more food things opening up soon, too. I'm not completely sure what there is, but I'll check it out sometime within the next few weeks and report back. :3
Information about these is located here:
http://www.prudentialcenter.com/dine_detail.html?id=117

Currently they are only open during lunch Monday through Friday. We will be reaching out to them about extending their hours during Anime Boston.

In addition, Sweetgreen is opening where Tossed used to be next to Au Bon Pain. http://www.prudentialcenter.com/dine_detail.html?id=120
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

If you mean the little cupcake stall Crumbs, then unfortunately it's not there anymore. As for the last time I was at the Pru a few months back, they had a wall lined with vendor-like machines and packets of sandwiches and other food items inside. I'm not sure how well off that will be but I'll most likely just snag some pre-made meals at Shaw's and Trader Joe's.
I did, and wow. Seriously? It's like they don't ever want anyone to actually eat at the mall or something...

Well, I suppose I can just starve (not really, I'm sure I'll figure -something- out). Is the Dunkin's still there, at least?
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2013 - Yukionna
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Shiroikami wrote:
I did, and wow. Seriously? It's like they don't ever want anyone to actually eat at the mall or something...

Well, I suppose I can just starve (not really, I'm sure I'll figure -something- out). Is the Dunkin's still there, at least?
As far as I know, they only closed down the shops around the food court area. That means Dunkins, Starbucks, and whatever else in that wasn't near the food court area is still open.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Hmm guess I'll be hitting that raman place alittle more often then I had plan to
ShotaKurisu
I'm new!

Post by ShotaKurisu »

Was there 6 or so months ago for Pokemon and it seems like a whole new mall and lost the charm it had. Heck the entrance just seems so dead compared to what it was. Maybe after after this place is up it will get the charm back but idk. Still confused if the food court is gone for good or if it is back when the place is done.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Pretty sure it's gone for good.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

What was the food court is, from my understanding, going to be rebuilt as Eataly.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

runawaysorcery wrote:I have been to the food court myself and can confirm that it is 100% gone.

The biggest reason that this scares me is that I usually forget to eat while I'm at the con so i don't realize that i need to until i'm almost ready to pass out. Ordering food a restaurant takes time and is expensive and walking out in the city for "fast food"... I guess I'll just have to be more careful next year.

I guess we can just help each other out with lists of nearby places to eat, copley square does have some quick options. The biggest bummer is the cold you'll experience walking somewhere in cosplay in March...
I frequently forget to eat while at the con as well... after breakfast at Dunkin's of course. In the past couple of years I've started bringing bags of "fun size" Snickers with me since they're good "first aid" for low blood sugar (sugar for a quick boost, peanuts for proteins). Not the healthiest diet, perhaps, but better than starving.

I'll probably end up dumping an entire bag of Snickers into my day bag for the con this year. I feel like there will be a higher-than-usual number of people who will need that kind of quick pick-me-up...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2013 - Yukionna
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

I got some great ideas for food from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cWhw7EKNg
Granted, some of the ideas work best if you have a hotel room, but I know I'll be using them.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

royalbakaness wrote:I got some great ideas for food from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cWhw7EKNg
Granted, some of the ideas work best if you have a hotel room, but I know I'll be using them.
That video reminded me of afew things I want to pack for the con like a first aid kit
Thespellbladesenpai
AB Alumni

Post by Thespellbladesenpai »

I am just curious distance wise how far is the subway from the pru? I know its in the 5-10 min range but I want to have a rough estimate of how far in distance that is at least.
Thomas Wooster
Junior Technical Staff Anime Boston 2015, 2016, 2017

"The English have a saying all is fair in love and war" -Darjeeling

Cosplays
2015: Street Clothes
2016: Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
2017: Umetero Nozaki (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun) & Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Thespellbladesenpai wrote:I am just curious distance wise how far is the subway from the pru? I know its in the 5-10 min range but I want to have a rough estimate of how far in distance that is at least.
Subway, as in the restaurant, or subway as in a trains?

If you are talking about the restaurant, there are 2 Subways (according to their website) that are within a 10 minute walk from the Prudential.

As for the train stations, there are 3 stops within 10 minutes as well.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

Thespellbladesenpai
AB Alumni

Elli21486 wrote:
Thespellbladesenpai wrote:I am just curious distance wise how far is the subway from the pru? I know its in the 5-10 min range but I want to have a rough estimate of how far in distance that is at least.

If you are talking about the restaurant, there are 2 Subways (according to their website) that are within a 10 minute walk from the Prudential.

I meant as in the restaurant
Thomas Wooster

Cosplays
2017: Umetero Nozaki (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun) & Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Thespellbladesenpai wrote:
Elli21486 wrote:

go to http://www.subway.com/storelocator/default.aspx
For location, put in Hynes Convention Center, Boylston Street, Boston, MA, United States
It will show you the distance and the hours they are open. Do be aware that the distances are driving ones. Walking might give you a shorter route, due to all the one way streets in Back Bay.
Thespellbladesenpai
AB Alumni

Fetch wrote:
Thespellbladesenpai wrote:
Elli21486 wrote:

go to http://www.subway.com/storelocator/default.aspx
For location, put in Hynes Convention Center, Boylston Street, Boston, MA, United States
It will show you the distance and the hours they are open. Do be aware that the distances are driving ones. Walking might give you a shorter route, due to all the one way streets in Back Bay.
ok thanks
Thomas Wooster

Cosplays
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

Has everyone planned their eating and food strategies for the weekend yet? I mean with all this new and old information.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Nenie wrote:Has everyone planned their eating and food strategies for the weekend yet? I mean with all this new and old information.
Well, I am planning on doing what I always do, eat at Dunkin Donuts prior to arrival, and eat at Terriyaki House on Boylston mid-day. I am, however, going to go to a bakery called Japonaise in Brookline as I have been wanting to try them but it is out of my usual way.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

drgnladysupreme
Committed Poster

Post by drgnladysupreme »

Generally, because I always show up early enough, I go got over to Shaws and get what I can for the bulk of the convention. If I still need something, or want fresher food, I'll usually head back to see what's available. It's no restaurant, but the still have a bunch of options (and a buffet-style thing, depending on what time you're there.) It helps that my room generally comes with a microwave, so I don't have to worry about things being a little cold.

Sometimes I also prefer their Dunkin Donuts, as there's rarely ever a line and move quickly through what's there.
J. Love Tatum
God hustle, 2016! Good hustle.
2017 is gonna be totally rad.
  • Hints will go here
  • For something old and new.
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

I am a fan of Trader Joe's fine microwaveable selections.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

MidnightSiren182 wrote:I am a fan of Trader Joe's fine microwaveable selections.
Think alot of ppl will be hitting them this year
if I get a mini fridge might get stuff for sandwiches no way I'm getting room service again at the Sheraton lol 50 bucks pretty much for a burger and fries
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

nightmareman00 wrote:
MidnightSiren182 wrote:I am a fan of Trader Joe's fine microwaveable selections.
if I get a mini fridge might get stuff for sandwiches no way I'm getting room service again at the Sheraton lol 50 bucks pretty much for a burger and fries
Hopefully, they get into the spirit of the con like they did in 2014.
Past Conventions:

Past Picture Galleries

nightmareman00
Veteran Poster

Post by nightmareman00 »

Elli21486 wrote:
nightmareman00 wrote:
Hopefully, they get into the spirit of the con like they did in 2014.
Lol I remember seeing that heard it was made by a employ that was a fan going to the con
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin »

So all I am thinking of is my stock up on McDonalds/Ramen/Candy/Power Aid/and the usual.....I was hoping for some kind of chili cheese dog close by but guessing Sonics will be my first stop before heading to boston to buy a bunch there. It is sad to see how the Pru is changing to all over pricey things vs the semi over priced foods....makes us see how it will be losing lots of income due to over reaching the middle class now.
===========[2018]============
Princess Celica- Fire Emblem Echoes-----Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 3
-----All Week-end --------------------------------Just during Photoshoot---
Oki
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Oki »

This is depressing for me because one of my favorite things about AB was booking at the Sheraton and never having to leave the Prudential in order to eat or really do much at all. I would literally eat panda express the entire weekend and never any other time of year. There isn't much to be done but I wish Anime Boston would've publicized this sooner - even now there are 'options' but as someone who usually ends up sprinting from event to event this ends up being very detrimental to me because it's hard for me to be anywhere at any given time at a con, and I know it's that way for everyone else too. I guess I'll just go the easy route and save money this time, here's hoping the staff can have them extend hours at the extra places but I'm not gonna bank on it. Edit: Will say though, glad there is always Starbucks. How can we live without Starbucks and DnD? Hah!