what does "eataly" mean for ab2016?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
reaper527
Determined Poster

what does "eataly" mean for ab2016?

Post by reaper527 »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/201 ... story.html
Early plans call for the marketplace to take over the existing food court at the Shops at Prudential Center. Eataly would add a ground-level entrance on Boylston Street with a cafe, leading to the marketplace and connecting to a new building that’s under construction on the Pru property.

Alex Saper, Eataly’s chief operating officer, said the design details won’t be finalized until the company signs a lease with Boston Properties Inc., the owner of the Prudential Center office and retail complex. He said that Eataly hopes to open in mid- to late 2016.
there are the obvious aspects if this goes through for the long term, such as that the food options at ab are going to get a lot more expensive. (the fact that the article calls the existing food court "low cost" is pretty cringe worthy). the biggest question i have though is the short term.

since they are targeting "mid to late 2016" for their opening, this means that it will likely be after ab2016 comes and goes. a project like this doesn't happen over night though. should we expect the food court to not be there when we come for ab next year?
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Re: what does "eataly" mean for ab2016?

Post by Master of NERV »

reaper527 wrote:http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/201 ... story.html

From the article:
"Early plans call for the marketplace to take over the existing food court at the Shops at Prudential Center. Eataly would add a ground-level entrance on Boylston Street with a cafe, leading to the marketplace and connecting to a new building that’s under construction on the Pru property.

"Alex Saper, Eataly’s chief operating officer, said the design details won’t be finalized until the company signs a lease with Boston Properties Inc., the owner of the Prudential Center office and retail complex. He said that Eataly hopes to open in mid- to late 2016."

there are the obvious aspects if this goes through for the long term, such as that the food options at ab are going to get a lot more expensive. (the fact that the article calls the existing food court "low cost" is pretty cringe worthy). the biggest question i have though is the short term.

since they are targeting "mid to late 2016" for their opening, this means that it will likely be after ab2016 comes and goes. a project like this doesn't happen over night though. should we expect the food court to not be there when we come for ab next year?
Just read the entire article--and it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. Given the vibe of Eataly's plans, they could be obtaining the food court with the intent of dismantling it. If so, this may well mean that the food court is closed for 2016, but the (whatever) that replaces it may not be open. And if it is, most congoers won't be going there--they can't afford it. We all need to follow this as the months go by.
Last edited by Master of NERV on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I'll be shocked if they don't have a food court at all in that mall. That would be pretty ridiculous. At the same time, it would really benefit places like Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, and Wagamama.....oh wait....those places are always busy anyway.....
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

I can't imagine that the Pru would burn its bridges with the already proven food court establishments by wiping out the food court and completely replacing it with Eataly.

Consider it like this: If the Eataly establishment fails due to lack of sufficient patronage/interest by existing patrons/other various reasons, then assuming they close down, the Pru is left with a very large and unprofitable piece of real estate that cannot be profitable again until it is remodeled for use by other establishments. The initial remodeling to compensate for a large Eataly area would -also- represent revenue lost for the Pru. A food court is a marketing thing for malls - they keep customers inside the mall, and therefore more likely to spend more time shopping rather than leaving the mall for lunch then staying out and shopping somewhere else.

Basically, I agree with coolforever that it would be very strange for them to just eliminate the diversified and affordable food court entirely in favor of what sounds like a specialized (and more expensive) eating establishment.
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Shiroikami wrote:Basically, I agree with coolforever that it would be very strange for them to just eliminate the diversified and affordable food court entirely in favor of what sounds like a specialized (and more expensive) eating establishment.
Your points are well taken! :)
chaosharmonic
Getting the hang of this...

Post by chaosharmonic »

I'm still depressed that Spike's is gone, myself.
reaper527
Determined Poster

Post by reaper527 »

chaosharmonic wrote:I'm still depressed that Spike's is gone, myself.
same. i've gone to spikes every year that i've gone to ab (aside from this year, for obvious reasons).
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

If the plan does go through, it will definitely mean less variety at the Prudential for AB2017. For AB2016, you are looking at no food court. Then again, the news article stated that the takeover of the existing food court was an early plan (pretty sure the plan has changed overtime that the news have not gotten yet.)
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Master of NERV wrote:
Shiroikami wrote:Basically, I agree with coolforever that it would be very strange for them to just eliminate the diversified and affordable food court entirely in favor of what sounds like a specialized (and more expensive) eating establishment.
Your points are well taken! :)
I do agree that these are good points, for sure. Sadly though, the overall sounds of the article make it sound like it really is taking over the food court. This certainly could change of course, but I'm not feeling too confident that it will. If that is the case, I'm not liking this idea at all for us con goers.

Leave my Cheeseboy alone! :cry:
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

So, we should plan on either bringing food with us (for the weekend) OR buying stuff at Shaw's...
Gotcha!!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Mamacass wrote:So, we should plan on either bringing food with us (for the weekend) OR buying stuff at Shaw's...
Gotcha!!
It's really hard to say for sure what's going to come of this so early, but that's always a good idea (especially on the wallet) for the majority of eating needs throughout the weekend ;)
Brian Magnant

Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

We "usually" (cough,cough) only use the food court on Thursday after we pick up our badges (and occasionally on Saturday night, after the Masquerade) so now we May have to change our plans.
At least we have 10(ish) months to figure out our "final" plans.
(ps- I totally agree with you about CheeseBoy :) )
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

Nyuu wrote: Leave my Cheeseboy alone! :cry:
Yes. This. I have made it a personal tradition to get a Cheeseboy sandwich and soup for lunch on the last day of the convention every year since it opened. I don't want to have to come up with a new tradition...
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Shiroikami wrote:
Nyuu wrote: Leave my Cheeseboy alone! :cry:
Yes. This. I have made it a personal tradition to get a Cheeseboy sandwich and soup for lunch on the last day of the convention every year since it opened. I don't want to have to come up with a new tradition...
I also make it a point to end the con weekend with a delicious Cheeseboy sandwich, it shall be oh so disappointing if that can no longer happen..
Brian Magnant

reaper527
Determined Poster

Post by reaper527 »

just a heads up, it looks to be official now.

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/05/1 ... r-in-2016/
According to Boston Properties, construction of Eataly at Prudential Center will commence in June 2015 and is tentatively scheduled to open in late 2016.
so, ab 2016 should definitely be interesting from a "quick, non-hynes food option" perspective.
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Great!!!!!
Oh well,
At least we have 10 months to figure out alternate plans...
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

reaper527 wrote:just a heads up, it looks to be official now.

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/05/1 ... r-in-2016/
According to Boston Properties, construction of Eataly at Prudential Center will commence in June 2015 and is tentatively scheduled to open in late 2016.
so, ab 2016 should definitely be interesting from a "quick, non-hynes food option" perspective.
:? A moment of silence for Cheeseboy.....
Brian Magnant

Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

*sob*
:(
animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »

So the food court is going to be gutted and shut down for an entire year? What are mall-goers supposed to eat in the mean time? :roll:
Fruit
AB Alumni

Post by Fruit »

animosc wrote:So the food court is going to be gutted and shut down for an entire year? What are mall-goers supposed to eat in the mean time? :roll:
There are places to eat in the area. But none of them would be as convenient as the food court - they all require you spend some time planning your route there and back, in addition to standing in line, and actually eating.

And most of them aren't as cheap, given the tourist-y area. There's a Wendy's in Copley Square. There's a Boston Market on Mass. Ave. And there are still places in the Pru that aren't in the Food Court that wouldn't be affected - Wagamama's, California Pizza Kitchen, the Starbucks at the Barnes and Noble, Dunkin Donuts, to name a few.

We won't starve.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Tross_4096 wrote:
animosc wrote:So the food court is going to be gutted and shut down for an entire year? What are mall-goers supposed to eat in the mean time? :roll:
There are places to eat in the area. But none of them would be as convenient as the food court - they all require you spend some time planning your route there and back, in addition to standing in line, and actually eating.

And most of them aren't as cheap, given the tourist-y area. There's a Wendy's in Copley Square. There's a Boston Market on Mass. Ave. And there are still places in the Pru that aren't in the Food Court that wouldn't be affected - Wagamama's, California Pizza Kitchen, the Starbucks at the Barnes and Noble, Dunkin Donuts, to name a few.

We won't starve.
Oh for sure, there won't be any shortage on places to eat. I actually venture out fairly often during the con. I just like having the convenience of the food court for those times I'd rather not. And Cheeseboy. Forever Cheeseboy.

On a different note though, this would be a detriment to the hard working staffers and their food vouchers I'd imagine?
Brian Magnant

pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

We'll figure it out. This news comes in before we've put the budget together, so we'll be able to roll with it. It's nice to think anyone's worried about us, though!
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

It's now official--the Food Court is dead:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... t_Reads_hp
The_Admiral
I'm new!

Post by The_Admiral »

Honestly the lack of cheap and convenient food options, as well as the lack of single day passes is causing me to strongly reconsider attending in 2016 at all.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

pulsedemon wrote:We'll figure it out. This news comes in before we've put the budget together, so we'll be able to roll with it. It's nice to think anyone's worried about us, though!
I respectfully submit that a formal announcement of the food court's closing be issued ASAP, both on this site and on all social media where AB has a presence. This news need to be made very visible, as many thousands of us need to make other plans--especially if all the meal choices in the mall complex will now involve waiting (who knows how long) for a table.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

that would be jumping the gun quite a bit (the con is about 10 months away). We'll be letting the exec team exhaust their resources first and then make an announcement but there's no reason to make an announcement so early on and have everyone panic over something that is still being discussed internally and might have a solution down the line. ;)

We know the problem and, as always, we're looking at all viable options first.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

Also, I was only responding to the notion of feeding our team. Sorry if that one wasn't clear!
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Nemra wrote:that would be jumping the gun quite a bit (the con is about 10 months away). We'll be letting the exec team exhaust their resources first and then make an announcement but there's no reason to make an announcement so early on and have everyone panic over something that is still being discussed internally and might have a solution down the line. ;)

My apologies if I seem a bit alarmist. Didn't intend to make a scene, as it were.
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

I agree with you, Master of Nerv.
We congoers need to figure out where/what we're going to eat at AB16, especially since it seems like at least One of our usual options is not going to be available this year
(Cheeseboy :()
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Master of NERV wrote:
Nemra wrote:that would be jumping the gun quite a bit (the con is about 10 months away). We'll be letting the exec team exhaust their resources first and then make an announcement but there's no reason to make an announcement so early on and have everyone panic over something that is still being discussed internally and might have a solution down the line. ;)

My apologies if I seem a bit alarmist. Didn't intend to make a scene, as it were.
It's all good! I'm just glad this happened AFTER AB2015... imagine if we were a summer con and we got the offical news a month before con. eep :?

At least we all have some buffer time for all of us to figure something out one way or another and budget and save up accordingly

sidenote: I'm also 100% with the Cheeseboy mourning crowd here :cry:
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

slippers
AB Staff

Post by slippers »

Nemra wrote:sidenote: I'm also 100% with the Cheeseboy mourning crowd here :cry:
Personally, I've been mourning ever since the Indian place went out a few years ago. It was cheap, and good, and they gave you more food, and there was never a line! ...I guess that's why they went out.

And since no one's mentioned it, there is potential upside here: at three floors, there just might be enough seating to handle our crowds.
Andrew Guertin
Technical Staff Area Lead 2024
Technical Staff Area Lead 2023
Technical Staff Shift Lead 2022

General Tech Staff 2020-2021
Information Desk Staff 2019
Sheraton 500 Shift Lead 2018
Senior Technical Staff 2016-17
Junior Technical Staff 2014-15
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Tross_4096 wrote:

We won't starve.

One place I always love going to is The Pour House on Boylston St. I love that they have 1/2 price burgers on Sat. nights from 6PM-10PM. Also, on Wed. nights there are 1/2 price chicken sandwiches from 6PM-10PM, and on Thurs. nights there's 1/2 price Mexican dishes from 6PM-10PM. Their breakfast/brunch is really great, too. :) :)

On a side note, I am disappointed that Tossed is no longer at the Pru. I enjoyed their food...
Thespellbladesenpai
AB Alumni

Post by Thespellbladesenpai »

correct me if i'm wrong but i think there is also another pizza place besides California pizza kitchen in the pru that isn't a part of the food court.

I'm just blanking on the name of the place right now. :?
Thomas Wooster
Junior Technical Staff Anime Boston 2015, 2016, 2017

"The English have a saying all is fair in love and war" -Darjeeling

Cosplays
2015: Street Clothes
2016: Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
2017: Umetero Nozaki (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun) & Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
Thespellbladesenpai
AB Alumni

Post by Thespellbladesenpai »

Thespellblade20 wrote:correct me if i'm wrong but i think there is also another pizza place besides California pizza kitchen in the pru that isn't a part of the food court.

I'm just blanking on the name of the place right now. :?
ok I looked it up and I think the place I was thinking of might be crazy dough's pizza
Thomas Wooster
Junior Technical Staff Anime Boston 2015, 2016, 2017

"The English have a saying all is fair in love and war" -Darjeeling

Cosplays
2015: Street Clothes
2016: Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
2017: Umetero Nozaki (Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun) & Genderbend Darjeeling (Girls und Panzer)
reaper527
Determined Poster

Post by reaper527 »

slippers wrote:And since no one's mentioned it, there is potential upside here: at three floors, there just might be enough seating to handle our crowds.

do you have any idea how many people the current food court holds? the article i posted in the op back in april mentions plans for seating 300 people, but i don't have any idea how many people the current setup holds so i have nothing to compare that number against.
Maxymas
Veteran Poster

Post by Maxymas »

My friends and I are extremely upset about this, for now our plan is to eat out one night and go to the nearby Shaws or Walgreens for breakfast/lunch. But this clearly sucks so we are hoping that something will change in the 10 months before AB. Hopefully the bigger ones (Cheeseboy, Panda Express, etc) will move out/around the convention center but it's still not as convenient as having everything there.
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

reaper527 wrote:
slippers wrote:And since no one's mentioned it, there is potential upside here: at three floors, there just might be enough seating to handle our crowds.

do you have any idea how many people the current food court holds? the article i posted in the op back in april mentions plans for seating 300 people, but i don't have any idea how many people the current setup holds so i have nothing to compare that number against.
And my understanding is that Eataly is also part Italian market. So how much space in these 3 floors is going to be dining vs. retail vs. restaurant? In my head, don't know that it will really have any more space dedicated to seating that the food court originally had. :|

I really hope Cheeseboy moves to a nearby location. It was my favorite. :(
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

MandaTifa wrote:
reaper527 wrote:

And my understanding is that Eataly is also part Italian market. So how much space in these 3 floors is going to be dining vs. retail vs. restaurant? In my head, don't know that it will really have any more space dedicated to seating that the food court originally had. :|
And it's a high-end market / restaurant. Got the impression it's more an alternative to the Legal Seafood price point, not a pizza place.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

There are 2 other Cheeseboys in Boston. One in South Station, the other in Downtown Crossing across from Walgreen's.

Still, no food court means all the bars and restaurants along Boylston are going to be getting a ton of extra business.

The easiest food option might just be to go to the Sheraton lobby, ask at the front desk if they have menus for places that deliver, then call one of those places and tell them to bring the food to the Back Bay Sheraton lobby.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Fetch wrote: The easiest food option might just be to go to the Sheraton lobby, ask at the front desk if they have menus for places that deliver, then call one of those places and tell them to bring the food to the Back Bay Sheraton lobby.
Ooh, I really like that idea. Might have to keep it in mind...
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Fetch, that is a damn good idea ("ordering in")
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Fetch wrote:There are 2 other Cheeseboys in Boston. One in South Station, the other in Downtown Crossing across from Walgreen's.

Still, no food court means all the bars and restaurants along Boylston are going to be getting a ton of extra business.

The easiest food option might just be to go to the Sheraton lobby, ask at the front desk if they have menus for places that deliver, then call one of those places and tell them to bring the food to the Back Bay Sheraton lobby.
I will gladly walk to get my Cheeseboy fix in, thanks for the heads up!
Brian Magnant

DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

I was just on the Prudential Center's website & I found this:
Prudential Center wrote:Important Visitor Information: The Food Court will close at the end of business on June 25, 2015. This closure is in preparation for construction of Eataly Boston, opening in late 2016. Click to view restaurants and eateries that will remain open after the Food Court closure.
I think this just may give us some hope. (Especially concerning the Cheeseboy...)

So, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the site & keep you all updated.
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

I know within walking distance is always preferable, but just remember there's definitely a few good places to grab eats over at Newbury St. Trident Cafe usually shows anime during AB weekend and has some good breakfast/lunch options. And books!
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I made a thread here about it: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19917

Gonna request both topics be merged in the other Board.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

DemonGirl-Setsuna wrote:I was just on the Prudential Center's website & I found this:
Prudential Center wrote:Important Visitor Information: The Food Court will close at the end of business on June 25, 2015. This closure is in preparation for construction of Eataly Boston, opening in late 2016. Click to view restaurants and eateries that will remain open after the Food Court closure.
I think this just may give us some hope. (Especially concerning the Cheeseboy...)

So, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the site & keep you all updated.
If it's in the Food Court, it will be gone. But possibly not forever.
Even if they don't put a food court back in, they'll likely have the places that did well in the food court, such as Cheeseboy and Panda Express, in their own spots in the mall. There are a few currently empty spots in other spots of the Pru.
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Fetch,
I hope so. *fingerscrossed*
Steamy Bunz
Experienced Poster

Post by Steamy Bunz »

So I clicked on all the eateries (or at least congoers budget friendly eateries) and these seems to remain open during construction and maybe after construction of Eataly:

-5Napkin Burger (expensive)
-Au Bon Pain (Across the inside of the Hynes entrance)
-Cheese Boy (rejoice people, probably going to be relocated though so go find it)
-Crazy Dough Pizza
-California Pizza Kitchen
-Haru (also expensive)
-PF Chang
-Cheese Cake Factory
-Wagamama

Edit: Went there and asked Pinkberry and DD will be open :) and i just realize AB has a whole 'where to eat' section on the page, with certain places around Boston that deliver to hotels http://animeboston.com/location/area_dining/
Last edited by Steamy Bunz on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

Sno wrote:It does look like Dunkin Donuts and Pinkberry will be closed :(
Dunkin Donuts is over by the Hynes-entrance, so I don't think it'll be affected...
And the Pinkberry is over by Wagamama, so it might also not be affected.

Plus, I think we should wait until after the 25th to check the site, so we'll have a better idea of what might still be around for AB 2016. :? (The location of the Cheeseboy is still showing in the food-court...)
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
Steamy Bunz
Experienced Poster

Post by Steamy Bunz »

DemonGirl-Setsuna wrote:
Sno wrote:It does look like Dunkin Donuts and Pinkberry will be closed :(
Dunkin Donuts is over by the Hynes-entrance, so I don't think it'll be affected...
And the Pinkberry is over by Wagamama, so it might also not be affected.

Plus, I think we should wait until after the 25th to check the site, so we'll have a better idea of what might still be around for AB 2016. :? (The location of the Cheeseboy is still showing in the food-court...)

I was just reading on the Prudential Center dining page page that said, "Important Visitor Information: The Food Court will close at the end of business on June 25, 2015. This closure is in preparation for construction of Eataly Boston, opening in late 2016. Click to view restaurants and eateries that will remain open after the Food Court closure." and I clicked on all of them. The ones with no business hours are the ones I assumed would be closed. But yea definitely going to wait until the 25th to make sure which are a definite closure.