Shout Outs!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2015.
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Shout Outs!

Post by royalbakaness »

Wanted to give a shout out to the Okabe Rintarou I met in the Dealer's Room. I had fun going back and forth with you in-character. You were probably the best Okabe I met all weekend.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Re: Shout Outs!

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

The Hiei and Kurama who helped me find my YYH stuff in the dealers room! I LOVE MY CELL PHONE CHARMS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING ME THE WAY!

edit: also shout out to the Security staff who i met at the concert on Friday who gave me the Lisa signed cd it's amazing and I can't wait to load it onto my laptop and listen to it! I'll always treasure it for ever thank you!
Last edited by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Rabblt
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Rabblt »

Shout out to the Skull Kid being generally really cute/silly/goofy with people at the con. You were really in-character and made my day every time I'd see you! You and that Ocarina tho...hilarious! xD
♥Attending since 2010♥
azaznator
Expert Poster

Post by azaznator »

Shout out to the very in character Excalibur!
Matism
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Matism »

muk .... i missed you you are the pokemon ..i fliped out the most about apon learn u where there
Ponyta
Expert Poster

Post by Ponyta »

Shout out to the person who said I had a nice voice in the Flamers line Sunday! You have really pretty eyes, and you made my weekend! Thank you!!
..except in bed.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

another shout out to the Harry Dresden I talked to in the Hynes Cafe on Saturday I'm in love with your Mack's shirt!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

A massive shout-out to everyone who complimented me on my Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 cosplay and letting me be in character. A few people even went so far as to say I was the best Ellis they'd ever come across and I was genuinely touched and humbled by this. X3

Thank you so much! I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun if it weren't for all the positive reactions. :3
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

can i piggy back this?

to the zombie who geeked out with us in the Artiest Ali over Hiei and Kurama and i gave her my phone number to your amazing!

and to the boy in the AA who said "your the yoyo Kid!" it's ok to ask for pictures, but for some reason my yoyos didn't want to work at that moment. sorry to the girl who was taking the picture for her sister! i would have been more perpared if the yoyos decided to work!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Shout out to the M.D. Geist cosplayer! A great costume from one of the worst anime ever made! :mrgreen:
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

Shout out to the Joker & Harley Quinn cosplayers who had a brief in-character conversation with me on Friday. Even though I wasn't actually cosplaying Poison Ivy (I was Great Fairy from Legend of Zelda), I can see how you thought I might be. You made my day, and I wish I'd grabbed your pictures!
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Shout out to Adam Ferraro: You'll be missed. I hope you still attend the con, even if not as the coordinator anymore. No matter how it's sliced, it will never be the same.

Shout out to the guy sitting in front of me at the "Let's Play Bible Black" shouting things out: Shower. Seriously.

Shout out to Jar: Hey! Fun time with Cards Against Humanity and such! Need to do it again!
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

The cosplayers who were cuccos attacking Link. You guys looked so awesome! Such a clever cosplay :)
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Shout-out to the bag check people at the Artists' Alley/Sheraton entrance; I went in several times as Ice Queen (Adventure Time), and they would ask me questions I would answer in-character.
Regarding the Gunter I kept in my bust: "Hey, he has the best seat in the house!"
Gesturing to my bag: "Any weapons of mass destruction?" "*pointing to my Crown of Power* Only in here~"
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Shout out to the Hayao Miyazaki cosplayer from Saturday! You gave me a much needed smile at a stressful time. Thank you, you had a wonderful costume!
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Kiarrens wrote:Shout out to the Hayao Miyazaki cosplayer from Saturday! You gave me a much needed smile at a stressful time. Thank you, you had a wonderful costume!
I saw him too, but it didn't fully register until now!
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
poptarts_n_pixistix
Veteran Poster

Post by poptarts_n_pixistix »

Shout-out to the guy in the leather jacket Friday night in the games room that I didn't have the courage to say anything to - Should have listened to my friend when she told me to suck it up and say hi.

Peace,
Azulahmae
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin »

A shout out to all my friends who roomed with me or hanged out with me at the con. Specially to the random people I ran into who interacted with me in my various cosplays.

I know many do not get me when I am in costume but I am very in character so I do confuse the crap out of people but many got and understood me as uncle stan.
===========[2018]============
Princess Celica- Fire Emblem Echoes-----Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 3
-----All Week-end --------------------------------Just during Photoshoot---
VideoGameStupid
Experienced Poster

Post by VideoGameStupid »

odd-cl wrote:A shout out to all my friends who roomed with me or hanged out with me at the con. Specially to the random people I ran into who interacted with me in my various cosplays.

I know many do not get me when I am in costume but I am very in character so I do confuse the crap out of people but many got and understood me as uncle stan.
Cosplay Burger!
HelloGoodbye
Expert Poster

Post by HelloGoodbye »

Shout out to the new friends I made! I'm really glad that I was brave enough to ask for people's contact info so I don't lose touch with some really amazing people!

Also shout out to the people who recognized me when I was Haru from Tsuritama and complimented my fishbowl!

And to legit everyone who took my picture! Every single one of you made me so happy!
2013 was my first Anime Boston ever!! And it was awesome!
~Cosplay~
2013- Edward Elric (FMA)
2014- Edward Elric (FMA)Haru (Tsuritama)Tamaki Suoh (Ouran High School Host Club)
2015-Pre-RegTamaki Suoh (Ouran High School Host Club)FriRin (Blue Exorcist) SatHaru (Tsuritama) SunArmin (Attack on Titan)
Cerebral_Boar
AB Alumni

Post by Cerebral_Boar »

I'd like to give shout outs to:
Bo Guo Luu- deserves my utmost gratitude for getting me into the wonder that is Anime Boston!! AB15 was my first major convention of any kind and I will be back for AB16. We've been best friends for over a decade and it's awesome we can share whatever it is on our respective minds: baseball, the wide world of knuckleheads, my patently bad jokes, etc. Thanks again!!
Gary Peters- I'm glad to have met you at this con. You were an awesome roommate, too! Hopefully we won't have opposite shifts and we can hang out more at the next one. I hope to see you again next year!
Michelle Light- This fellow Tech gets my thanks for giving me an intro on Seras Victoria from Hellsing. It may not have seemed like much info, but it was enough to get me to buy and read the first volume, which I loved. My copy of volume two is inbound (as are other books) mid-May. Also, thanks for clearing up the fact that Seras' missile launcher is not a Stinger.
Arthur Schwartz- I enjoyed your presentation on Central Park Media. Your costume was awesome, too!
Melisse "Anego" Jean- Your presentation on the mutual admiration and cultural exchange between Japan and the USA was very informative. I'm going to buy a copy of your book after I finish some of the myriad entries in my personal library.
Dave Bradley- I enjoyed your panel on the WWII naval battles between the IJN and the USN. I'm a history buff and it's always great when I can meet someone who also shares that passion.
Last edited by Cerebral_Boar on Tue May 05, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018-2019

General Tech Staff 2020-present

"Ain't it funny how it is?
You never miss it 'til it's gone away
And my heart is lying there
And will be 'til my dying day"
Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
Soarinwater
Expert Poster

Post by Soarinwater »

I've got a very Brief shout out for my co-host, Whom was Bonnie~ for the FNAF photoshoot on sunday!
Thanks for being amazing and allowing me to piggy back off of you while we did our first hosting together. It went over so well and I just wanted to say you did an awesome job!
AlexKotovpa
I'm new!

Shout Outs

Post by AlexKotovpa »

Need more threads like this staying on the front page.

Have to give a shout out to DocWho, been wanting to play him for a while; had a fun match in the Palace and he controlled zone C well in Renegade Port.
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

I'd like to give a shout out to my Deathmatch group, Attack On Titan cosplayers, Hanji, Sasha and Eren. I met you all for the first time and I'm grateful to share my first Deathmatch experience with you. I didn't feel alone in this and it was fun fighting along with you all, and the entire Deathmatch was wonderful too. Thank you. ;D
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

I'd like to give a shout out to the Link that I saw in the window on the first day that recognized me as Zelda while I was walking on the street below.

Also like to shout out to the one person who recognized me as Katniss Everdeen, and to the Sam (with demon blood) and Dean cosplayers that I saw on four separate occasions both days I went to the con before finally getting to ask to take their picture.

And a final shout out to Capslock Cosplay and their skit in the Masquerade that literally made me cry from happiness.
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
redwillowhearts
Experienced Poster

Post by redwillowhearts »

I know it's been quite a while, but I really want to shout out and thank all the cosplayers I met at AB 2015. A bunch of us formed a giant group of Hetalia cosplayers and were parading around the con. My grandfather had died a few days before AB 2015 and in order to get to AB on time, I had to leave right after his funeral. You all were great and thank you for making me smile and laugh after such an emotional and stressful week
To my future self: you forgot to change your signature