Pruferred Card: Free and discounts for all!

If you're new to the city or taking the T in from out of town, this is where you can get advice from people living in The Hub. Please keep discussion limited to things in and around Boston.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Pruferred Card: Free and discounts for all!

Post by Sayoria »

Hey everyone. Last year at AB, I saw these cards upstairs on a table at the information desk too late. It was Sunday afternoon where everyone as already leaving, and this card granted a LOT of benefits for the Prudential Center, discount-wise. Now, if I knew about this in advance, I would have taken advantage of this. I was in Boston a couple of weeks ago, and saw they were giving them out free again at the Hynes Information desk, outside of the microsoft store and since us congoers use a lot of money to be in that general area, it would be a great benefit for people to look into.

The reason for this post is to bring more awareness to these cards. They are usable all of 2014, so if you frequent the Prudential Center, or plan to outside of AB, they can benefit even more in advance to have.

Now, what are the discounts you might ask? Check them out:

http://www.prudentialcenter.com/save/pruferred.php

So, with this, I recommend any con-goer on a budget to pick one up. I just got mine, and am encouraging all of my friends to as well. If you can stop by before the con, it might be best, in case they run out that week from an over-abundance of claimers.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
aznman08
AB Staff

Re: Pruferred Card: Free and discounts for all!

Post by aznman08 »

This was referenced from last year's AB (Thread isn't too far down on the main page).

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16990

The PruCard is a secret offer Prudential since its rarely advertised and its mostly used by office tenants and frequent shoppers.

It's most useful in the food court and some of the restaurants in the Prudential.
John Bautista
AB 2022: General Tech l 2019: Senior Tech l 2014-18: Junior Tech Staff l 2007-2013: AB volunteer l 2006:attendee
PAX East Enforcer:2014-22
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Ah, totally missed it last year, since I wasn't online at all during the con.

Well, it IS back, and they DO have a sign out for it between the Marriott's Skywalk and Saks Fifth Ave when I was there, as well as Pink Berry having a sign on their counter saying they give discounts with the card, so they might be advertising it more now. Either way, better keeping this a bit more known this year. :)
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Thanks for the tip :-)
maya11
I'm new!

Post by maya11 »

So, yay for backup plans (and boo for train crashes, I'm sorry that so many people got hurt). I may get in early enough on Thursday to actually SEE something of Boston. Wooho!
maya
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

I have a random question about the Pruferred Card
Is one card good for the entire weekend (Thurs-Sun) or would I have to get a new card every day?
I don't care either way, I was just wondering.
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

Mamacass wrote:I have a random question about the Pruferred Card
Is one card good for the entire weekend (Thurs-Sun) or would I have to get a new card every day?
I don't care either way, I was just wondering.
The Pruferred Card is good for the entire year that it's issued.
Once you get one, it doesn't expire until 12/31 of the year you got it. (Meaning you have to get a new one every-year)
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Thank you :-)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

As Setsuna said, it's good for a whole year. No reason not to get it. That 10% off on the food joints or free drink with purchase of...etc goes a long way over the course of the weekend if you want to eat cheaper. I have two or three cards myself. I plan to give them to my friends when they come in.
animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »

Are you required to fill out any paperwork to get the PRUferred Card? Or can you just go and ask for it?
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

It's as simple as walking up to the kiosk, asking for a card, being handed it, and walking away.

Last year though, they had people putting down their emails for record or something. This year, they haven't been.