Panel Applications for 2013 are open

This forum is for discussion about Anime Boston's panel and workshop programming.
Faceman
AB Executive

Panel Applications for 2013 are open

Post by Faceman »

Part of what makes Anime Boston special is that so much of our programming comes from our fans themselves. If you have an idea for a panel at Anime Boston 2013, apply to host it here.

Panel Applications will be open through January 31, 2013. If you have questions about hosting a panel, please ask here or contact the Panel Programming Manager.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
AnimeBlaze45
I'm new!

Re: Panel Applications for 2013 are open

Post by AnimeBlaze45 »

Well, we weren't thinking about doing a panel this year, but I was wondering what the age of the panel organizer had to be. (I'm assuming it's over 18).
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

The panel organizer must be 18 years of age by the Thursday before the convention.
Chris O'Connell

JapanAiNeko
I'm new!

Post by JapanAiNeko »

What if the organizer of the panel is 17 turning 18, October of next year. Could u make an exception, but I'm gues u won't though.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

JapanAiNeko wrote:What if the organizer of the panel is 17 turning 18, October of next year. Could u make an exception, but I'm gues u won't though.
No, sorry. They must be 18 by the Thursday immediately before the convention. 5 months later is too late. If you have someone else on the panel though who is 18+, they can be entered as the organizer, though. We basically want to make sure the organizer is a legal adult, and thus responsible for their panel's arrangement.
Chris O'Connell

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I've already submitted an application for both of the panels I did at AB2012: Clannad and Fan Fiction. Considering doing one with a video game theme to make it three but no solid ideas to run with.

I'm sure forum traffic will start to pick up mid February to Early March, though =D
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Got something wonderful planned - 5 years in the making... Just gotta find the time to type it all out.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

The deadline will come and go before you know it =D

I've spent much of the month brooding over it but I have decided to make panel #3 an Ace Attorney panel. Given the number of cosplayers I see each year I figure I might as well ^_^
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
ghibli
I'm new!

Post by ghibli »

Some guest panels were a litte late last year. could some of them be erlier.
Thank you
tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

I know I send this already when it came around but just in case: Dear Anime Boston staff members,
I would wish to do a panel I came up with for 2013 coming up. talking about why FUNimation Studios should re-dub Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report and re-release on DVD and Blu-Ray. Featuring the original English dubbed cast members from the series, 30 minute movie, and OVA's they did playing the main characters. Also for some that 'might' get a role of the characters in the full length movie; if not those then maybe some other newer ones from the studios - with fans there taking pictures, asking questions, watching things, seeing cool drawings, talking to some voice actors if they'll be there as the guest of honor with us, people that work at FUNimation Studios, and more importantly a clip board with a pen and tons a paper to get fans to sign a petition at a time in a row during the panel to pass it to one another. I will both try our very best to make it fun and some things we can work on and bring with us. Along with a free pass 'like you guys' to have lunch with the voice actors in person also their autographs and you guys taking photos of us with them or we'll do that after the panel's over. And if these people of voice actors are to come for 2013 - John Burgmeier, Chris Sabat, and J Michael Tatum... Or (of course) John Burgmeier, Chris Sabat, (also) Justin Cook, Chuck Huber, or few others from the series of Yu Yu Hakusho and movie... Even Reuben Langdon too if he shows up I would like to have lunch with him to support on his hard work he's doing and he say so since I'm his friend and supporter on Facebook that he would. Any who, for or here's my list on who'll play who for the last five is a guess. So please email me back and let me know if we can do it and everything else thank you.

Justin Cook - Yusuke Urameshi
Chris Sabat - Kazuma Kuwabara
John Burgmeier - Kurama
Chuck Huber - Hiei
Cynthia Cranz - Botan
Sean Teague - Koenma
Kent Williams - Ogre
Linda Young - Genkai
Laura Bailey - Kayko Yukimura
Jessica Dismuke - Yukina
Caitlin Glass/Kira Vincent Davis - Hinageshi
Travis Willingham/ Kyle Hebert - Yakumo
Todd Haberkorn/Chris Patton - Kuronue
Grey Ayres/ Vic Mignonga - Majari
J. Michael Tatum/Travis Willngham - Raiko

And see you then, Tayla Drago

P.S. the other five voice actors to play the characters from the movie, its a while guess so just so you all know.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Panel applications must be submitted via the online form, and NOT in this thread, or anywhere on this forum.
Chris O'Connell

tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

Just throwing something out of the blue here, I might be right in guessing or wrong about it so its a thought I'm mentioning now... You guys should have a panel of Devil May Cry classics v s. DMC version with voice actors and actress from video games of Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3, and 4 'most likely 3, 4, and the Anime series' since Christopher Ayres played Sid in the Anime Kari Wahlgren as Lady from 3 and 4, and Stephanie Sheh as Kyrie from Devil May Cry 4. By any chance you invite Reuben Langdon and some others maybe that did it from the three will be cool and completing. I can suggest it if you like or someone can do it. Again, just throwing it out there. ^_^
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...Just submit a Panel.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

jamesawolf@comcast.net
Expert Poster

Post by jamesawolf@comcast.net »

I am glad that you are having the deadline the 31st and not New Year's Eve. Gives me a lt more time to think of good panels.
tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

For which panel of the two I have in mind to do will be done, shown this year, and let it happen...? Will it be Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report to be re-dubbed and re-release on both DVD and Blu-Ray or Devil May Cry vs. DMC? With voice actors, actress, David Vincent and Reuben Langdon too...? Which will it be? Because either way if one doesn't happen - I'll still do both petitions to be signed and all from all of you guys when I'm there: from the movie to be re-dubbed better from FUNimation itself and Hiroyuki Kobayashi making a CGI movie of Devil May Cry with Reuben doing stunts of Dante and the voice of him too. ^_^ We shall soon find out later on.
tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

Hey, the panel thing to sign up and do for Anime Boston this year is almost closing next week 1/31/13, and I send in two of mine. Either FUNimation Studios re-dubbing and re-releasing on both DVD and Blu-Ray of Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report or Devil May Cry vs. DMC. With the voice actors in it either way and either of the one out of two for Reuben Langdon to be in if he comes... I hope it happens, but which ones will it be if mine is picked out? I'm so nervous. :( But happy all at once. :)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

The selection process begins after the deadline. We then have the next three and a half months to wait and see if our panel(s) is/are selected.

This year I applied to do three panels--the two I did last year plus a new one for 2013. I will do a You Tube version of what I'm gonna cover in my panel and though it's going to be one gigantic monologue for YT it'll certainly generate some buzz =D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

basharoftheages
Under a bridge

I actually ran out of space for panelist entries on one of mine. :lol:
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I actually ran out of space for panelist entries on one of mine. :lol:
Sigh. Just making more work for me.
Chris O'Connell

basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Faceman wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I actually ran out of space for panelist entries on one of mine. :lol:
I just found last year's guidebook and it doesn't look like we've even given descriptions (or updated panelists) since 2008. I'd call it a wash. :lol:
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Faceman wrote:
I just found last year's guidebook and it doesn't look like we've even given descriptions (or updated panelists) since 2008. I'd call it a wash. :lol:
Aw, and after I waxed poetic in my description application! :(
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

RapaxGuardian wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
Faceman wrote:
Aw, and after I waxed poetic in my description application! :(
The "we" I referred to was the various people who officially ran the AMV101/201 stuff. We never actually wrote anything for a description for several years.
tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

:lol: Ah, man! Looks like the panel idea thing of sending is all done, huh? I'm so nervous for one of my two to be pick for me to do this year... ^_^ But at the same time I'll do my best since I'll be in charge for Reuben Langdon 'hopefully if he comes' to go to one of them along with other voice actors that'll be there in either one. Fingers cross. And hey if it doesn't happen I'll still go, see voice actors, have fun with someone if I find true love I hope, and have petition signing for all the fans.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Today is the last day one can apply to run a panel!

I submitted my three panels back in November and recently finished fine-tuning the two I'm bringing back for AB2013. As for the new one I'm gonna wait until I know for sure if it's gonna be accepted or not.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

Aurabolt wrote:Today is the last day one can apply to run a panel!

I submitted my three panels back in November and recently finished fine-tuning the two I'm bringing back for AB2013. As for the new one I'm gonna wait until I know for sure if it's gonna be accepted or not.

Same here with one of mine of one to be picked from out of two.
RolanMcDolan
Getting the hang of this...

Post by RolanMcDolan »

tmdscout wrote:Hey, the panel thing to sign up and do for Anime Boston this year is almost closing next week 1/31/13, and I send in two of mine. Either FUNimation Studios re-dubbing and re-releasing on both DVD and Blu-Ray of Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report or Devil May Cry vs. DMC. With the voice actors in it either way and either of the one out of two for Reuben Langdon to be in if he comes... I hope it happens, but which ones will it be if mine is picked out? I'm so nervous. :( But happy all at once. :)
Langdon isn't gonna come. He's a fairly well-known voice actor - if he was gonna be there, he'd be presented as an AB Guest of Honor, not as a guest for one person's panel. Hell, unless you are (or personally know) one of the voice actors in question, you should probably just prepare the panel to run without voice actor guests, because they're not going to come for a single panel.
tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

RolanMcDolan wrote:
tmdscout wrote:Hey, the panel thing to sign up and do for Anime Boston this year is almost closing next week 1/31/13, and I send in two of mine. Either FUNimation Studios re-dubbing and re-releasing on both DVD and Blu-Ray of Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report or Devil May Cry vs. DMC. With the voice actors in it either way and either of the one out of two for Reuben Langdon to be in if he comes... I hope it happens, but which ones will it be if mine is picked out? I'm so nervous. :( But happy all at once. :)
Langdon isn't gonna come. He's a fairly well-known voice actor - if he was gonna be there, he'd be presented as an AB Guest of Honor, not as a guest for one person's panel. Hell, unless you are (or personally know) one of the voice actors in question, you should probably just prepare the panel to run without voice actor guests, because they're not going to come for a single panel.
Okay, you're probably right about that... Well, either way maybe Reuben might come but like you said maybe not at the panel thing. I only thinking on what if's here and I have guess right for some that had come before and so on... If so I'll do my best on the panels or one of them if they get picked; but on Facebook Reuben did say he really wants to go to Anime Boston that's what he told me himself for we're friends he'll love to go and all - but I understand about the guest not going to the panels and if he doesn't come this year maybe next year. They always get others to go for me to see, they always get good ones so I have nothing to worry about if it happens or not.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Any idea on when we'll start hearing anything about our panels being accepted or waitlisted? Not that I'm impatient but I was just curious. :P

I'm getting SO PUMPED for this con! :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Last year I didn't find out until three weeks before the con.I'm using slightly tweaked versions of the powerpoints I used last year and have long since updated them from AB 2013. I'm going to wait until I know if it's been accepted or not before I start working on the powerpoint for my third panel submission.

I haven't heard from Lou since about a week after AB2012 and it's got me a bit worried. I hope he's back again this year. There's been rumors Lou wouldn't be heading Panels this year but no one does it like him @.@
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Aurabolt wrote:Last year I didn't find out until three weeks before the con.
To be fair, though, last year's panel deadline wasn't a third of a year before the con.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

That's true.

On top of that there were no-shows and last-minute cancels Lou had to deal with. I can only hope he's back for AB2013.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

:D I one of my panels out of two gets pick for me to do this year. From either Devil May Cry vs. DMC or FUNimation Studios re-dubbing and re-releasing on both DVD and Blu-Ray of Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report. I got a group of it on Facebook too so please join me to make it happen.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

I'm back for this year... Sorry if I've been out of the loop for so long... It's just that I'm expecting to become a first time father any day now and I've spent a lot of time the past couple of months with all the preparations, etc., for that... I'm finally caught up, but if I disappear again, it's probably due to the baby being born.
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:I'm back for this year... Sorry if I've been out of the loop for so long... It's just that I'm expecting to become a first time father any day now and I've spent a lot of time the past couple of months with all the preparations, etc., for that... I'm finally caught up, but if I disappear again, it's probably due to the baby being born.
Congrats, Lou :D Hope everything goes very well!
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:I'm back for this year... Sorry if I've been out of the loop for so long... It's just that I'm expecting to become a first time father any day now and I've spent a lot of time the past couple of months with all the preparations, etc., for that... I'm finally caught up, but if I disappear again, it's probably due to the baby being born.
...On that note, would you like to hire me as an assistant? At the very least it would take a bite of the edge off ^_^;
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Believe it or not, there isn't much use to me in having an assistant before the con. A lot of what I do is more or less a single person task... and I've actually written some custom scripts to help with managing the stuff (and I may write some full blown custom software and not just scripts for off-the-shelf stuff... eventually, lol). Basically, having an assistant before con would actually make things more difficult as I'd have to coordinate with him/her.

At con is a different story... but I think we have that covered already with general staff stuff. As it is, I'll be leaving in the evenings instead of staying until the con closes this year to head home to help take care of the baby.

So yeah... it's going to be a bit of an old year with respect to panel management this year...
Autographs Staff 2022-

My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...Now I feel terribad for asking about periodic updates with the panel selection starting towards the end of the month. I'd like to know at least two weeks in advance if I've been chosen or not so I can plan, etc. Folks have come to me asking if they can assist with one of my retuning panels and I've told all three of them they'll know when I know if the panel is even in the lineup. Nothing is certain right now and like last year I'm not going to assume anything this early.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

tmdscout
Veteran Poster

Post by tmdscout »

Aurabolt wrote:...Now I feel terribad for asking about periodic updates with the panel selection starting towards the end of the month. I'd like to know at least two weeks in advance if I've been chosen or not so I can plan, etc. Folks have come to me asking if they can assist with one of my retuning panels and I've told all three of them they'll know when I know if the panel is even in the lineup. Nothing is certain right now and like last year I'm not going to assume anything this early.
I hope I get my first panel to be shown this year for the first time either Devil May Cry vs. DMC or FUNimation Studios re-dubbing and re-releasing on both DVD and Blu-Ray of Yu Yu Hakusho the Movie: Poltergeist Report. Along with the voice actors being there, hope to see Reuben Langdon if he comes this year for the first panel if it gets picked in person for him to join. ^_^ And hey dude, I haven't heard from them either but they'll get back later on.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Aurabolt wrote:...Now I feel terribad for asking about periodic updates with the panel selection starting towards the end of the month. I'd like to know at least two weeks in advance if I've been chosen or not so I can plan, etc. Folks have come to me asking if they can assist with one of my retuning panels and I've told all three of them they'll know when I know if the panel is even in the lineup. Nothing is certain right now and like last year I'm not going to assume anything this early.
Sadly, as long as we have guests who insist on waiting until the last minute (either on purpose or due to various other complications beyond their control due to the nature of their careers) to schedule their panels, things are always gonna be kinda crazy with panel scheduling. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid with how much early slack space I leave now, but after I got bitten my first (and only) year running Otakon's panels, I've tried to be very careful to give guests the space they need.
Autographs Staff 2022-

coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Just wanted to say congrats as well for becoming a father :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
off_kilter
Experienced Poster

Post by off_kilter »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote: Sadly, as long as we have guests who insist on waiting until the last minute (either on purpose or due to various other complications beyond their control due to the nature of their careers) to schedule their panels, things are always gonna be kinda crazy with panel scheduling. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid with how much early slack space I leave now, but after I got bitten my first (and only) year running Otakon's panels, I've tried to be very careful to give guests the space they need.
I feel bad now submitting my Japanese Ice Hockey panel as late as I am, but at least I'm flexible and can fll in in the last moment if need be. I just wish I had been aware of joined the forums sooner so I could have been on time. The good news is if I do fill in I have some great memorabilia I can display like a signed card and game worn jersey of Yutaka Fukufuji when he played for the Manchester Monarchs before he got called up to the NHL's L.A. Kings. I also have a good knowledge of the Asia League Ice Hockey Association and its predecessor the JIHL. The only thing I don't have is a game worn jersey of the infamous Kokudo Bunnies/Prince Seibu Rabbits championship team.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
Sadly, as long as we have guests who insist on waiting until the last minute (either on purpose or due to various other complications beyond their control due to the nature of their careers) to schedule their panels, things are always gonna be kinda crazy with panel scheduling. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid with how much early slack space I leave now, but after I got bitten my first (and only) year running Otakon's panels, I've tried to be very careful to give guests the space they need.
This part I bolded needs to change while being respectful of the part I Italicized. A few ideas that could work for next year onward:

- Require those who apply to be a panelist regularly check the forums for updates, etc. A common sense guideline to me personally as this is also the most effective way to communicate one's needs/challenges to you. One thing I doubt anyone here could deny (and I hope I'm not wrong on this one!) is Lou gets back to people fairly quickly.

- At least a month after the Panel Submission Deadline passes, send out a confirmation email to everyone who applied to do a panel. That email will double as a reminder that they applied to do a panel and also include instructions if they wish to rescind their application between when the submission deadline ended and three weeks (21 days) before the con.

- Going with the end of the previous paragraph: From the final 3 weeks onward, its assumed the applicant is still interested in being a panelist and selections are made. Those chosen to host a panel will be notified during this time via email along with last-minute instructions if they wish to bow out. If they do not withdraw at this point and no-show they're penalized. I'll leave that to Lou's imagination.

Here's what the WAITLISTED email I got for AB 2012 looked like for reference:

Hello,

This email is to let you know that your panel titled:

Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True

has been WAITLISTED for Anime Boston 2012. Sorry. :(

Do not despair, however! Being "waitlisted" only means that we were
not sure if we could fit your panel into the schedule or not because
we haven't locked down our guest and industry schedule yet. To play it
safe, we decided to select a relatively low number of fan panels for
the time being with the rest of the schedule to be filled in once the
guest and industry schedule is nailed down.

Once the guest and industry schedule is complete, we will choose
additional fan panels to fill in any remaining slots on the schedule.

In addition, should any accepted panelist cancel, your panel will be
considered to replace the cancelled panel.

However, if you do not receive word of your panels acceptance before
the convention, you should assume that your panel was not accepted.
Sorry again. :(

Thank you.

--

Lou Arruda

And here's what the ACCEPTED email I got for AB 2012 looked like for reference:

Hello,

This email is to let you know that your panel titled:

Fan Fiction: Because AU Can Be Fun

has been ACCEPTED for Anime Boston 2012.

For the time being, your panel has been scheduled for Panel 309 on
SUNDAY starting at 11:30:00 AM and running for 60 minutes.

Please note that this time and location of your panel is subject to
change up until the actual day of the convention. It is merely listed
here to assist you in final planning for your panel as well as a
double-check to help make sure I did not double book you by accident.
In addition, you should check in to Programming Operations after
picking up your badge to make sure there haven't been any last minute
schedule changes that could affect your panel.

If you desire to hook up a laptop to the projectors in the panel
rooms, please note that we only have VGA laptop connections along with
standard headphone jack sound hookups. If you're not sure if your
laptop has a VGA connection, please refer to this following article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vga

If your laptop does not have a VGA connection (Macs typically don't),
you'll need to purchase and provide your own adapter. If you are not
able to purchase one before the convention, both a Best Buy and an
Apple store are located across the street from the convention center
to purchase one on-site.

If you're not sure what kind of adapter you need, feel free to reply
and I'll try to help you figure it out.

For those of you who are expecting a registration reimbursement for
hosting a panel, please immediately notify me if your mailing address
changes at any point after the convention before you receive your
refund checks. It typically takes a few months for reimbursements to
be processed and we have had situations in the past where addresses
had changed between panel sign up and when the checks go out.

All panelists are offered priority seating to the masquerade as a
benefit. If you are interested in this priority seating, please let me
know how many of your panelists would like to take advantage of it. This
year, I am required to provide a count of how many masquerade seats I'll
be requesting before the convention, hence my need to ask up front if
you want any.

If you wish to cancel your panel, please notify me as far in advance as
possible. Failure to show up at your panel without notifying me in
advance may result in you being placed on my "naughty list" for future
cons. In addition, since I share information with other cons' panel
managers, you may end up on their "naughty lists" as well.

If you cannot make your panel due to a last minute emergency (illness,
car accident, delayed flight, etc.), please contact me via cell phone.
As long as you keep me informed, you do not have to worry about being on
my "naughty list."

As we get closer to the convention, you will receive further
instructions and information concerning hosting your panel at Anime
Boston. If you need to contact me at con and can't find me in
Programming Operations for any reason, I can be reached via cell phone
at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Thank you.

--

Lou Arruda
Anime Boston Panels Coordinator
panels@animeboston.com
In case you're wondering the number I removed is Lou's actual cell phone number but I removed it here. Again that's just from last year though I'm not expecting this years' to be much different. In case anyone who didn't see my panels last year didn't know both were chosen and slotted ^_^

You get pretty detailed info and if you are chosen, you'd be very irresponsible to NOT read the entire acceptance email. Even so the stuff I suggested should take quite a bit of the edge off as it still highlights the importance of personal responsability on the part of the applicant. If they choose to no-show then they should expect to be punished accordingly ^_^

I say that in part because at last year's panel I could have extended my Fanfiction panel but didn't find out until after my panel was over that the panel scheduled to go after me no-showed X.x;
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Uh... When he says "guests" he doesn't mean attendee panelists... He literally means guests. Those people signing autographs and getting introduced at opening ceremonies that are paid to show up and provide content.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Uh... When he says "guests" he doesn't mean attendee panelists... He literally means guests. Those people signing autographs and getting introduced at opening ceremonies that are paid to show up and provide content.
Exactly. The "guests" I'm talking about are folks like (picked at random off the top of my head -- in no way am I saying that these folks will or will not be guests at AB this year), Mari Iijima, Steve Blum, Luci Christian, Masaki Endou, Hironobu Kageyama, Leiji Matsumoto, Vic Mignogna, etc. -- the voice actors, producers, directors, and so on. Those folks often have crazy schedules that take a long time to nail down.

For what it's worth, the emails that Aurabolt posted are pretty much automated form letters generated by some of the software I wrote to manage panel applications. They all have the same template and change little from year to year. :) This years' are going to be a bit different as my at-con schedule will be more limited due to having to go home and help take care of the new baby. The changes are to reflect this change.
Autographs Staff 2022-

Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

FYI, I'm hoping to get the first batch of panel acceptance emails out in the next day or two... however, given that my wife is due to go into labor at any minute now, that may be delayed until after we get home from the hospital with the newborn anime fan. :)

I just wanted to let you folks know so you don't panic if you don't hear from me in the next couple days as I'm pretty sure I've told at least some of you that I was planning on getting them out soon.
Autographs Staff 2022-

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Uh... When he says "guests" he doesn't mean attendee panelists... He literally means guests. Those people signing autographs and getting introduced at opening ceremonies that are paid to show up and provide content.
I'm aware of that.

Wait, what were we talking about again?
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Okay, I just sent out the first batch of panel acceptance and waitlist notifications. :)
Autographs Staff 2022-

Kilgamayan
Veteran Poster

Post by Kilgamayan »

Got it. Thanks so much as always, Lou!
The Fabulous True Adminstrator of the New England Touhou Community

Touhou Project Lead Panelist: AnimeBoston '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17; AnimeUSA '10; Otakon '11, '14; Nan Desu Kan '14
Touhou Project Panelist: Otakon '10, '12, '14, '15, '16, '17; Genericon '11, Katsucon '11, '13, '14, '15, '16
Touhou Project Fangames Lead Panelist: Otakuthon '14
RosenKreuzStilette Lead Panelist: TouhouCon '15, AnimeBoston '16
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

*Checks email*

....Considering my comments in in the last few days I can assume alot. Not saying I don't have a sense of humor mind you XD

I submitted three panels but only two fo them were mentioned as waitlisted. The third one--the other I did last year along with my Fan Fiction panel--is my Clannad one and I did do an application for it too. I did it at the same time as my Fan Fiction one and was a little confused it wasn't mentioned O.o;
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Aurabolt wrote:*Checks email*

....Considering my comments in in the last few days I can assume alot. Not saying I don't have a sense of humor mind you XD

I submitted three panels but only two fo them were mentioned as waitlisted. The third one--the other I did last year along with my Fan Fiction panel--is my Clannad one and I did do an application for it too. I did it at the same time as my Fan Fiction one and was a little confused it wasn't mentioned O.o;
Weird... you got nothing for the Clanad panel? I have it listed as accepted here.
Autographs Staff 2022-