Welcome to the new Anime Boston website!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Faceman
AB Executive

Welcome to the new Anime Boston website!

Post by Faceman »

We are proud to reveal a brand new website for Anime Boston. Our staffers have been hard at work to make changes and upgrades to the website in order to better server our community.

The biggest change you may notice is the navigation bar on the left. Most pages will be accessible directly from the navigation menu. There is no longer a need to dig through multiple pages to find what you're looking for.

We've also broken up content sections into more relevant grouping. For example, everything Cosplay related is under the Cosplay section. The Artists section has information on our Artists' Alley, Art Show, and Art Track.

There is also a new Google Search function at the top of every page. This will search the Anime Boston website, forums, and blog. Please note that there may be a delay in getting new results while Google re-indexes the new site in their records.

We've also added some features to give you information from previous conventions. The Convention Schedule, Guest Listing, Dealers Listing, Artists' Alley Listing, and Program Guides all contain entries from previous years.

And to make it easier to keep in touch with Anime Boston and its fellow fans, we've added in links to all of our Social Media outlets at the top of each page.

While we believe we have most of the bugs ironed out, there will undoubtedly by a few that escaped our attention. If you find any, please contact the Webmaster or post to this forum thread.

We thank you for your patience while we make this transition, and look forward to seeing you at Anime Boston 2013.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
fuyuzora
Expert Poster

Re: Welcome to the new Anime Boston website!

Post by fuyuzora »

Well, well! I don't mean to sound like a complete skeptic, but I'm much more impressed with your new site than I expected to be. It has basically everything I hoped for, in a nice neat package. I think what I love the most is the inclusion of links to your social media sites - I was dying for those.
I think there are a few pages that might be unnecessary...like Guests Home, for example, or having some aspects of information split into two pages (i.e., Artists' Alley FAQ and Artists' Alley Beginner's Guide), but those are basically trifling. After all, lots of links are much better than too few! So just ignore my nitpicking, haha.
Really well done, guys! :D
「そうですねぇ」
JReckers
AB Staff

Post by JReckers »

It looks good, Chris. Thanks for all your hard work!

Jeff Reckers
Special Projects 2019
reaper527
Determined Poster

Post by reaper527 »

definitely looks very functional. i think the news block in the center could use a bit of an aesthetic touch up as that specific section looks a bit ugly (although i can't put my finger on exactly what point it is on the news block that doesn't work). the collapsible menus on the left look and work awesome, and layout wise, everything looks to tie together real nice.
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45
Genichiro
Experienced Poster

Post by Genichiro »

Hm... for some reason, it seems a bit plain. The old site looked a lot prettier. It's more functional, I'll give you guys that, but plain ol' blue hyperlinks on white? Ew