Where did the Jrockers go?

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2006.
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=noriko ng]There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?[/quote]

Theory the first:

They went on strike to protest the segregation of their kind against the popularity of the other cosplayers.

Theory the 2nd:
A JRock revolution is at hand, but we won't know that until next year when 10,000+ J-rockers will suddenly flood the Hynes, the Prudential, the Sheraton, and takeover Fenway Park.

Theory the 3rd:
They converted to the dark side of Naruto cosplayers, to obtain massive attention.
x Shinya x
Getting the hang of this...

Post by x Shinya x »

And I, hide, shall lead said revolt, because I've already got this alllllll planned out XD Hence why I was highly amused by your reply.

Except at one point I'll be Shinya leading it XD :P
mukku
I'm new!

Post by mukku »

I've done jrock cosplay at AB with my friends since the first, but because of college finals being POORLY timed, no AB this year >_<
That's interesting though, because there were so many last year.
GacktGirl
Experienced Poster

Post by GacktGirl »

[quote=KAIN SLICKER][quote=noriko ng]There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?[/quote]

Theory the 3rd:
They converted to the dark side of Naruto cosplayers, to obtain massive attention.[/quote]

[color:green]That makes me laugh for the mere fact that I was a Naruto Cosplayer for '06 and I am converting to J-rock cosplay (Mana to be exact, I *heart* him...) and I plan on staying there.[/color]
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=GacktGirl][quote=KAIN SLICKER][quote=noriko ng]There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?[/quote]

Theory the 3rd:
They converted to the dark side of Naruto cosplayers, to obtain massive attention.[/quote]

[color:green]That makes me laugh for the mere fact that I was a Naruto Cosplayer for '06 and I am converting to J-rock cosplay (Mana to be exact, I *heart* him...) and I plan on staying there.[/color][/quote]

Encapsulating -____-- it's a pleasure to hear, then, that this conversion is going the LEFT way, and not the right. It's always bemused me how elegantly Americans can cosplay as J-Rockers. Such talent really.

That should be an event - wouldn't you agree - where J-rockers have a picnic on the COmmon, or J-ROckers go to the Museum of Science? Or J-Rockers go to Fenway Park? Because this is Boston, the city that gave you the so-called Freedom of Speech - Yesterday they passed bills to allow gay marriage, and who knows what shall comence tomorrow.

Back to J-Rock, Fayt Productions said I ought to go as Kyo from Dir En Grey.

So, will I get swept in this fanatcism as well?
x Shinya x

Post by x Shinya x »

[quote=KAIN SLICKER][quote=GacktGirl][quote=KAIN SLICKER][quote=noriko ng]There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?[/quote]

Theory the 3rd:

[color:green]That makes me laugh for the mere fact that I was a Naruto Cosplayer for '06 and I am converting to J-rock cosplay (Mana to be exact, I *heart* him...) and I plan on staying there.[/color][/quote]

Encapsulating -____-- it's a pleasure to hear, then, that this conversion is going the LEFT way, and not the right. It's always bemused me how elegantly Americans can cosplay as J-Rockers. Such talent really.

That should be an event - wouldn't you agree - where J-rockers have a picnic on the COmmon, or J-ROckers go to the Museum of Science? Or J-Rockers go to Fenway Park? Because this is Boston, the city that gave you the so-called Freedom of Speech - Yesterday they passed bills to allow gay marriage, and who knows what shall comence tomorrow.

So, will I get swept in this fanatcism as well?[/quote]

Dooooooo it! DOO ITTTTT~ GIVE INTO OUR ROCKER WAYS! *posts signs all over saying 'do it'* And if you get randomly glomped next year if you're Kyo, by an Obscure Shinya, 'Do it' girl has prevailed! XD
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=x Shinya x][quote=KAIN SLICKER][quote=GacktGirl][quote=KAIN SLICKER][quote=noriko ng]There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?[/quote]

Theory the 3rd:

So, will I get swept in this fanatcism as well?[/quote]

Dooooooo it! DOO ITTTTT~ GIVE INTO OUR ROCKER WAYS! *posts signs all over saying 'do it'* And if you get randomly glomped next year if you're Kyo, by an Obscure Shinya, 'Do it' girl has prevailed! XD[/quote]

Spicy fockers - so I've a client already, do I?

Kyo it is then.

Now, suppose I gave into Kyo , but being the sickle being I am twisted my creation and envisonment of him (e.g. same Kyo, except wearing one of those hitmen business suits).

Do you consider that, bastardization¿
That
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

Hey y don't we gather up a team or group of Jrockers for Ab07? that would be freaking awesome...
Grimm Firefly

Post by Grimm Firefly »

I went as Mana this year...
Cyberland Mana to be exact, however... I waited until the week of to start my costume & ended up working on it for most of Saturday... I didn't actually get there until after 7:00. (I know there was another Cyberland Mana too... but, I was the one walking around with the girl dressed as Yuuko from XXX Holic & the girl dressed as Puchiko from Di Gi Charat.)I doubt many people saw me, however, seeing as how I got there so late & didn't go Sunday. (Lesson Learned. Never wait till last minuite to make a Mana costume.)
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

Lol.. good luck nxt yr on making ur costume ^_^
Grimm Firefly

Post by Grimm Firefly »

Thanks ^^ I'll need it. x_x lol....
I'm almost posative that I'm going to do Mana's Le Ciel costume... But, I'm also considering his Au Revoir costume and a few others... Either way, I'll most likely go insane while making it.
GacktGirl
Experienced Poster

Post by GacktGirl »

[color:green]I love Mana's Au Revoir Outfit, and once I am finished with his Gekka No Yasoukyoku outfit I planned on starting that one, though probably not for AB. I will have worked too hard on one, to want to prance around in two.. ^_^;; Though the costume is beautiful. His Le Ciel one his also beautiful, and I love Gackt's outfit in that too, another one I would love to make. Hope to see you there, fellow Mana Cosplayer![/color]
KAIN SLICKER
I'm Special!

Post by KAIN SLICKER »

[quote=x Shinya x]And I, hide, shall lead said revolt, because I've already got this alllllll planned out XD Hence why I was highly amused by your reply.

Except at one point I'll be Shinya leading it XD :P [/quote]

Speaking of Revolts, shouldn't there be enough to take over the Conneticon? There's only 3000 of them, right -

Or will I be the Lone.
GacktGirl
Experienced Poster

Post by GacktGirl »

[color:green]I was trying my hardest to get my Mana outfit intime for CTcon, unfortunetly, it won't get done. I had to get more fabric ordered... Though... Illuminati might now be that hard to get together...[/color]
Naux

Post by Naux »

I was running around as Kanon this year *shiftyeyes*

I'll be there next year as Aki from SID and Reita from Gazette (hopefully) ^_^

I seem to have a thing for bass players, don't I? *just noticed this herself*
GAZEREITA
I'm new!

Post by GAZEREITA »

*wave*
I was there with my cosplay team as Gazette.
...but got called Dir en grey and even Malice Mizer a whole lot..not good.

But hopefully all five of us will be up there as Gazette again. Myself as Reita.
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

[quote=Naux]I was running around as Kanon this year *shiftyeyes*

I'll be there next year as Aki from SID and Reita from Gazette (hopefully) ^_^

I seem to have a thing for bass players, don't I? *just noticed this herself*[/quote]

hehe.. same here.. Toshiya (1st fav) Reita (2nd fav) Aki (3rd fav).. Bass player rulez!!!
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

[quote=GAZEREITA]*wave*
I was there with my cosplay team as Gazette.
...but got called Dir en grey and even Malice Mizer a whole lot..not good.

But hopefully all five of us will be up there as Gazette again. Myself as Reita.[/quote]

Ekkk! i saw u and i took a pic of u.. i was the bunny Toshiya XD
kyopuke
I'm new!

Post by kyopuke »

im actually dressed as the saku kyo right now and I plan to be him next year... im working on my engrish....shiald prey... wrist cut shoe...
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Well...I did see:

-A few Manas (I remember one that was selling pieces of paper and stuff and she was mute xD)
-Aya from Psycho Le Cemu in Love is Dead outfit
-Gazette members
-hide
-Gackt

Out of a few thousand there, yea, didn't seem like much, but eh, its a handful :).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Kei-chan

Post by Kei-chan »

I shall be attending the convention as Obscure Kyo, and Yu~ki. Yes, the Yu~ki from Malice Mizer. Neh, I may also create a Mana once more, but I'm not quite sure.

I was the other Cyberland Mana by the way. The Mana that actually whispered into Gackt's ear and had him (her) speak for me >D.
koumori
I'm new!

Post by koumori »

Our feet hurt. XD
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

[quote=koumori][quote=noriko ng]There werent many Jrockers around AB06, why is that?[/quote]

Our feet hurt. XD
[/quote]

LOL XD oh ya.. it killed my feet to walk in those boots..
Larxene
Expert Poster

Post by Larxene »

Im for gathering a team of Jrockers for AB.
my friday cosplay is going to be a Jrocker, it's a secret though O.O *NOT ALLOWED TO TELL OR ILL GET JUMPED BY MY FRIEND XD*

and everyones right. there weren't many jrockers in 06. I saw Mana though and squealed.
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

hehe.. there will be a Jrock gathering on friday.. but not sure what time thou ^_^ hopfully u can attend =D
Larxene
Expert Poster

Post by Larxene »

holy shoot i will be there. XD
An_Rock_Cafe

Post by An_Rock_Cafe »

[quote=noriko ng]hehe.. there will be a Jrock gathering on friday.. but not sure what time thou ^_^ hopfully u can attend =D[/quote]

I'm going to be there..
Larxene
Expert Poster

Post by Larxene »

awesome.

JROCKER'S UNITED. >> }:|

:p definetly can't wait.
Naux

Post by Naux »

Waahhh...AB is still sooooo far away T_____T I can't wait for the gathering, though ^__^ I should probably start on my costumes soon...*coughcough* Reita's going to give me nightmares, I know it. Ohhh god that jacket and those pants *pulls hair out*
Larxene
Expert Poster

Post by Larxene »

I somewhat started my outfit >>
..somewhat. XD

Seriously it's so far away, yet so close. I remember i told myself to start working on my cosplay by the time December came around. We're already here O.O!

AB will come really fast.
Naux

Post by Naux »

Haha...I know what you mean XD I told myself I'd start last month...And, well. I guess you could say I'm a bit behind schedule XDDD I almost ditched No.666 for Reita's Hyena outfit X___X I stopped myself, though XD 'Cause my Aoi would kill me.

Yeah, AB will be here before we know it. Hopefully I'll have 2 finished costumes ready to go by then XD
An_Rock_Cafe

Post by An_Rock_Cafe »

Just to warn whoever doesn't know.. There is going to be a HUGE Reita army in ABcon 07.. =D.. so all fan girls get ur cameras ready.. =D
dalous
Experienced Poster

Post by dalous »

i went as Mana from Gardenia last year
dalous
Experienced Poster

Post by dalous »

should i dig out my mana costume again this year? i only have one costume planned for 07
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

u should brin Mana 2 AB again =DD
Larxene
Expert Poster

Post by Larxene »

oooo bring mana back!!

OMG A WEEK AND IM NOT DONE WITH MY OUTFIT FOR THIS
DANGIT.