Last Ever Tokyo Kid Pre-Registration Event

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
CJ Gren
AB Staff

Last Ever Tokyo Kid Pre-Registration Event

Post by CJ Gren »

Anime Boston will be collecting pre-registrations at Tokyo Kid on December 17th, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Registration will be $45 for adults and $35 for children (ages 6-12); cash or check only.

As Tokyo Kid is closing at the end of the year, this will be our last pre-registration event here. Come join us and register for the 2012 convention!
Jennifer McDonald
Anime Boston Transportation Manager 2019
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Re: Last Ever Tokyo Kid Pre-Registration Event

Post by ninja_girl21 »

are you series oh man i so sad to see it happen i saw news article but i didnt think they close. argh
i been going to anime boston since 2004
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

ninja_girl21 wrote:are you series oh man i so sad to see it happen i saw news article but i didnt think they close. argh
They've been announcing it for over 6 months now. There's been at least 2 threads about it or that devolved into being about it on these very forums. Seems to be one of the longest closing processes for a small business I've ever seen.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
CJ Gren
AB Staff

Post by CJ Gren »

From my understanding, The Garage allowed them to stay until the end of the year.
Jennifer McDonald
Anime Boston Transportation Manager 2019
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

Yeah, they didn't want a vacant storefront in The Garage for the holiday season, is my understanding, so even though I think their lease was up sometime in the fall, they were requested to stay open until the year was over. There've been so many conversations about this... I'm starting to feel redundant when I talk about it. XD
Proudly attending Anime Boston since 2005!

2007: Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2008 & 2009: Dawn (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
2010: Byakuya Kuchiki hoodie (Bleach)
2011: Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
2012: Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)
2013: Vice Captain Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
NewEnglander
Getting the hang of this...

Post by NewEnglander »

It was a neat lttle store to go to when the family and i went to Harvard Square for day trips. Sorry to hear it's closing....but i guess Anime was'nt popular enough in the area to turn a profit. I suppose going online for your Otaku needs is the way to go these days.
Chrissii
Determined Poster

Post by Chrissii »

So I stopped in on the 23rd so my sister could pick up a last-minute gift for her friend (they still had plenty of wallscrolls thankfully) and bid the place a final farewell.. it was a sad sight to see, but really... still quite a bit of merchandise on the shelves in the way of pricey figures and DVDs... and not a single one marked down that I could see. :\ Oh well. I'm still sad to see the shop go as a long-time shopper, and do feel bad for the owner too, because despite the place not being run well it's obvious that he cared about it.

On a happier note, I stopped into Kofuku Shop while I was in the square, and it seems that they are planning to move into the Garage rather than being downstairs/outside it, and are changing their name to Anime Zakka. Either that or it's a second shop? Their website isn't live yet (animezakka.com), and I didn't notice the flyer/coupon in my bag until I arrived home, so I couldn't really inquire about it. Next time I stop in, I'd like to ask if they are going to be running two shops (with Kofuku being more kitschy-Japanese-goods, and Anime Zakka being more, well, anime?) or if Kofuku is closing in lieu of the new shop... but I'm not sure when I'll get back in Harvard Square to ask about this, so if anyone finds out let me know! The ad says that they'll be opening in February regardless, so we'll see soon enough.
Proudly attending Anime Boston since 2005!

2007: Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
2008 & 2009: Dawn (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
2010: Byakuya Kuchiki hoodie (Bleach)
2011: Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
2012: Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)
2013: Vice Captain Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)