Staff Applications Are Open!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
JReckers
AB Staff

Staff Applications Are Open!

Post by JReckers »

Public staff applications for the 2012 convention are now open. Please find the form here. Please allow some time for us to process applications, but if it's been more than a month since you submitted your application please use the contact form to ask any questions about your application.

To view more information about a position, please check our staff listing.

Thanks for applying!
Jeff Reckers
Special Projects 2019
Sakura H
Experienced Poster

Re: Staff Applications Are Open!

Post by Sakura H »

very excited about this. X fingers crossed X
gundamfan666
I'm new!

Post by gundamfan666 »

hope i get a position as one of the staff!
Tony Thai
kitari66
AB Alumni

Post by kitari66 »

This is so exciting I know even if I don't get picked this is going to be an awesome convention! :D
Kitty Putney
Registration staff 2013
bambi
I'm new!

Post by bambi »

quick Q I have not gone to AB before and I was wondering what it's like staffing AB verse going as an attendee? I'm debating wether or not to apply for staff or just attending and this would be very helpful in my decision. Thanx ^.^
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

bambi wrote:quick Q I have not gone to AB before and I was wondering what it's like staffing AB verse going as an attendee? I'm debating wether or not to apply for staff or just attending and this would be very helpful in my decision. Thanx ^.^
Well, if you've ever staffed a large anime convention, you know what you would be getting yourself into.

If you haven't, I'll give a little insight into it. It's a large operation with many parts. And it takes a lot of work by all our staff to make sure all those parts work properly and smoothly. Most staffers work at a minimum a 6-8 hour shift each day. It very well may be more for some positions. Throwing this shindig is worth all the work we put in, but you have to make sacrifices by missing events you want to see, or not hanging out with your friends. And each department has a chain of command, so staff (especially new staff) get orders from the higher ups in their Division on what they're doing and where. There's usually some flexibility with some positions and divisions, but with 350+ staff, we can't all take 2 hours off to go see Bad Anime, Bad, the Masquerade or the AMV contest.

So if you've never been to Anime Boston or a convention of its size, I personally recommend spending the first year you go seeing what we have to offer. It's even better if you have some friends to bring along.

If you're still interested in working for the convention, there's also the option of Volunteering. Volunteers may work less hours overall but still get to help the Anime Boston staff.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
DNY311
I'm new!

Post by DNY311 »

I filled mine out the other day, I hope to be selected. I want to expand beyond sci fi/fantasy genre conventions
eevee
AB Staff

Post by eevee »

Hi,

I applied for Formal Ball staff back in November and it's been two months, but I never heard back from anyone. I sent a message to the person in charge of that around January 1st, and I still haven't heard back from them either.

What should I do?
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15