Thank You and Feedback

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Thank You and Feedback

Post by ShadowAgent »

Hello all,

Now that I have a little bit of sleep behind me, I can coherently say thank you for all to making this years con rock. (pun intended) There were a few things we did differently and they were well received, like the video screens in front of rooms with room schedules on them. As like last year, I tried to spread the love of anime throughout the schedule and not favor one type of fandom too much. I had an awesome time and I am sure our 19k+ crowd did as well.

Now is the time to make some suggestions. My motto is that there is always room for improvement and I have a few things already planned to improve upon next year. That being said, I see everything from a different point of view than attendees, so I depend on feedback from you as much as anyone else. There were a couple suggestions in the feedback panel I will take to heart. So how good or bad was the video schedule? Would you like to see something done differently? :)
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015
Director of Programming 2013-2014

Video Programming Manager 2010-2012
Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008
Karaoke Manager 2003-2007
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Thank You and Feedback

Post by basharoftheages »

I actually went into a room, sat down, and watched a movie for the first time at a con in 6 years. :thumbup:
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
rchapoteau
Experienced Poster

Thank You and Feedback

Post by rchapoteau »

The only thing that I can think of that would have improved the video programming is having a live action room. All in all I really think things went well.

The video screens were nice, but I actually think a normal sheet of paper on the door would have been better because the screen would cycle instead of staying the same. If you could have kept the screen from cycling so I didn't have to stand in front of it and wait, then it would be a good solution.

All in all I have to say congrats and thank you for putting on a good con.
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Thank You and Feedback

Post by ShadowAgent »

[quote=rchapoteau]The only thing that I can think of that would have improved the video programming is having a live action room. All in all I really think things went well.

The video screens were nice, but I actually think a normal sheet of paper on the door would have been better because the screen would cycle instead of staying the same. If you could have kept the screen from cycling so I didn't have to stand in front of it and wait, then it would be a good solution.[/quote]

We did have some live action scatterd around, but not enough to dedicate a room for it. I will do a better job though of putting a notice that it is live action.. something I actually saw wasn't there after the fact.

As far as the screens. This year they were a test to see how they would work. There are many things we found could be tweaked like what you mentioned. We all came to the general conclusion that these were a huge value add to the con experience. Expect next year to have the kinks ironed out. ;)

Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015
Director of Programming 2013-2014

Video Programming Manager 2010-2012
Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008
Karaoke Manager 2003-2007