Masquerade Ticket System

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by Kagomechan »

In order to streamline seating for the Masquerade, Anime Boston will be using a ticket system.

Tickets will be FREE to all attendees and handed out while supplies last on Saturday, April 23rd, starting at 9am at the table outside Hynes Rooms 108 and 109. There will be three types of tickets: Main Events Floor, Main Events Balcony, and the Simulcast Room (Exhibit Hall D).

One ticket will be issued per person and guarantees the ticket holder a seat in that area. Anime Boston is not responsible for lost/misplaced tickets however if tickets are lost, seats will be available in the Simulcast Room after those with tickets have been seated.

Attendees will not be allowed to line up for the Masquerade before 4pm. There will be a line for each ticket type. Floor ticket holders will line up outside of the Main Events (Auditorium) entrance, balcony ticket holders will line up on the 3rd floor along the windows, and the simulcast ticket holders will line up on the wall across from Exhibit Hall D.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Vulcan
Determined Poster

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by Vulcan »

Do those of us participating in the masquerade require tickets or do we still recieve unique badges from Masquerade HQ indicating that we are?
AB2016
Jacob Frye: Assassin's Creed-Syndicate

Cosplay Page: https://www.facebook.com/SteeleRevolution/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/SteeleRevolution7
infjeff
Experienced Poster

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by infjeff »

This is good, I wanted to go to the Funimation Industry Panel which is 4:00-5:00. That seemed to be cutting it close for the really long line, so as long as I get a ticket in the morning, I'll be able to get a seat.

I usually like balconies, but last year my view was obstructed by a column, so maybe I'll consider trying for the floor.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by MomoMiraculous »

If line up starts at 4, when does the actual seating start at 5?
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by LusciousGrapes »

Awesome! The ticket system worked really well last year. I'm excited that you're doing it again this year. When should people line up to receive tickets?
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by Kagomechan »

Non-staff/exhibitors are not allowed in the Hynes before 8AM. Ticket distribution starts at 9AM. So, we are anticipating that people will begin to line up sometime between 8 and 9 AM.

You do not need a ticket if you are a participant. There is a separate seating area back stage for you.

Yes, the line starts at 4PM, seating begins at 5PM.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
irishangel
Experienced Poster

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by irishangel »

How does it work if you are in the Hall cosplay fashion show? Are we going sit back stage as well for the entire Masquerade or do i need to get a ticket in order to sit out front?
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by MomoMiraculous »

That helps a lot thanks but I have one more question: my gf is visually disabled and needs to sit close to see anything that's going on. What time should we arrive to get disability seating and would I just go up to the staff by the door and wait for them to seat us? It's what we've done in the past I just want to make sure so we know when to eat and such.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
DreamAeris
AB Staff

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by DreamAeris »

Please do get a ticket for yourself and your Girlfriend - this tells us how many seats we have available and are being used.

When it comes to lining up and seating, please do come to the front of the line. Speak to someone in a orange or red shirt. These individuals are security. We will ask you to stand to the side and wait. With this we can get you into the event room safely and efficiently when the time comes.
Nikki Jones (Kolosha)

Chief of Staff/ Assistant Security Manager 2018-Current
Assistant Security Manager 2009-2017
Security 2005-2008
Information Desk 2004
Volunteer 2003
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Masquerade Ticket System

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Thanks I will get us tickets but what time should we come? At 4 when the line up starts or closer to 5?

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron