AB2011 Charity Auction

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Faceman
AB Executive

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by Faceman »

We've got some great news for the Anime Boston 2011 Charity Auction. In a change up from previous years, the Charity Auction will be held on Saturday, April 23rd from 2:30 - 5:30pm in the Sheraton Republic Ballroom. Tell your friends, so they don't miss out on this awesome event.

Please check out the Charity Auction page for more information, including a Charity Auction FAQ, and a preview of some of the items we'll have available at the Auction and Raffles this year. Items include a Zeta Gundam animation cel signed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, a Nintendo 3DS raffle basket, and a music-themed raffle basket.
Raffle tickets will be on sale at our new Dealers' Room booth. Please visit us at booth 100, where we will be drawing the Raffles starting at 11:30am on Saturday, April 23rd. Be sure to stop by and get a sneak peek of some of our auction items!

Edit: The Charity Auction has moved from booth 310 to booth 100 in the Dealers' Room.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
President Aria
Veteran Poster

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by President Aria »

Is there a specific reason for this change, or is it sort of an experiment to see if by having it on Saturday you'll get more people coming in? I can see the benefit to that, but I also worry that since there's no set order to when things will be auctioned off that people won't be as inclined to spend 3 hours during the prime con day. Well, hope it works out for the MS Society. I'll be interested to see if this has a positive effect on overall money raised.

EDIT - I just looked at the auction page and I do see that you list approximate times that the various items will be auctioned, so that was definitely some good thinking there. That certainly helps one plan ahead if there's something they really want.
Faceman
AB Executive

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by Faceman »

We're hoping to generate more attendance on Saturday, as compared to Sunday mornings in the past (when the Auction also spanned 3-4 hours).

While we do hope people can attend the full span of the auction, we do realize that you may have other events at the convention you want to see. So the top items we think will generate the most interest have had time windows set up. We can't guarantee that an item will be within the window exactly, but it's the best approximation we can do.

Of course, the items on the preview list are only about 30% of what we'll have at the Auction. There will be a lot more, so the longer you're at the Auction, the more you'll see.
Chris O'Connell

HeavenlyAnime
Expert Poster

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by HeavenlyAnime »

This looks GREAT! i will definatly try and spend at least an hour or an hour and a half at the auction.

besides i think it was wise to have on saturday becuase i think that is when anime boston's attendance is at it's peak. so this is a good call to me ;)
i am a calm yet random fanboy
danim
AB Alumni

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by danim »

This is awesome! And I'm very excited the Auction and raffle will be held on Saturday since I never purchase raffle tickets since I don't know if I will be around on Sunday and I am always out of money by Sunday so the auction is pointless for me. I hope to be there! :)
Faceman
AB Executive

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by Faceman »

The Raffle tickets will be sold at our Dealer's Room booth, 310. And you don't even have to be there to win!! http://www.animeboston.com/events/charity_faq/#17

We're trying to make this as convenient for the attendees as we can ;)
Chris O'Connell

President Aria
Veteran Poster

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by President Aria »

That's even more awesome! While I do admit I was rather partial to winding down the convention with the auction, this is sounding like it could be a winner. I like that now I can buy my raffle tickets and not have to worry about when they're going to be drawn and whether I can be there or not.
karriachinoryu
Veteran Poster

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by karriachinoryu »

I am very pleased to hear that the charity auction is going in this direction! Hopefully you guys will get even more people to show up and have the greatest success yet. :laugh:
AB2018: My fourteenth Anime Boston! :mrgreen:
Majik
AB Staff

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by Majik »

Of course we'll get more! ...And you're going to bring a friend, right? :P
Charity Auction MC since forever
Panelist supreme - Will host ANYTHING <3
Artists' Alley - come visit MajikCraft and maybe buy something!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MajikCraft
Jennachan
Convention Chair

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by Jennachan »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw that our table has now been moved to booth 100 in the dealers room!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
Faceman
AB Executive

AB2011 Charity Auction

Post by Faceman »

Hey everyone! We've got even more items for our Charity Auction. Check out our one of a kind items, including autographed memorabilia from Hellsing, FMA, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, and Paranoia Agent. Remember, our listing is only a fraction of what we'll have at the auction!

The Charity Auction will be on Saturday, April 23rd from 2:30 - 5:30pm in the Sheraton Republic Ballroom.
Chris O'Connell