Marvel vs Capcom 3 Tourney?

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
Project: J-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Project: J-ko »

It almost seems like a no-brainer, but I floated around the forum here a bit and found like 5 threads for MvC2, so I'll put it out there.

MvC3 Tourney at AB? Yes? No? Yes? Thoughts?
"...I guess hopping ghosts are kind of like monsters, huh?"

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a knuckle sammich today!"
XioSama
Getting the hang of this...

Post by XioSama »

Oh I'd imagine so. I mean the game has plenty of time to get prepped for the convention rule wise. But I really can't see the second one being there and not the third. But god help us once the Magneto spammers break loose.

Regardless though, who do we have for teams coming in if the game does fall through for a tourney? :D
So far I've taken a liking to Dante, Chris, and Akuma.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Post by kamahlrf »

I will shake my fist and my head at all the Magneto spammers :thumbdown:

As for myself, my team consists of Felicia, Dante and X. Still trying to find a solid third perm. teammate. Usually go with Captain America or Hsien-Ko.

I can't imagine there NOT being a MvC3 tournament. It's just too big not to.
Badonkadonk
Experienced Poster

Post by Badonkadonk »

I would be into some MvC3 play. Right now the team I like is X-23/Tron/Doom. X-23 because she's so fast and her level 3 can catch characters who come in following a K.O., Tron because her "lunch time" hyper can be DHC'd and the Servbots will keep flowing, and Doom because he has the best theme music in the game, hands-down. I'm working on some tricks with him so that I have a better excuse for using him, but I really just like hearing his theme music.
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

Post by DeMarcus »

Yes, we're definitely hosting a MvC3 tourney this year. We go by what the attendee's want and of course this has all the hype.

Right now I run Felicia/Wesker/Zero..
XioSama

Post by XioSama »

awesome to hear it's a definite, but are we playing PS3 or Xbox 360?? I've been playing PS3 so I wanna know if I should practice with the other system.
oh and scratch my previous statement of Akuma being my third character... I'm loving Dormammu >:D
kenshin1287
I'm new!

Post by kenshin1287 »

I'll be excited if there's a MvC3 tourney at AB this year! Jot me down as Chun-li, X-23, and a random person. Still have to find that third member that I'm comfortable playing as. I'm hoping it's on xbox360 thoough!
Hinatapwns

Post by Hinatapwns »

Don't forget those blasted Sentinel spammers. And please let it be on PS3 since the 360 controller sucks for fighting games.

My team is Hsien-Ko, Morrigan, and Chun-Li.

Hsien-Ko since I've wanted to fight with her since playing as her in Puzzle and Pocket Fighters, but am too lazy to get a Darkstalkers game.

Morrigan since I've played as her in every single crossover fighting game I own (MvC 1-3, Tatsunoko, CvSNK 2) so I'm familiar with her.

Chun-Li is the same reasons as Morrigan, PLUS she was my first true main in my first fighting game SF 2. Granted I was 4 years old at the time and could only button mash, but even back then I loved beating the crap out of the computer with her rapid kicks and always loved hearing her music theme.
Badonkadonk
Experienced Poster

Post by Badonkadonk »

Sentinel spammers aren't a big deal if you practice - you can actually turn it around to make having Sentinel on your team a disadvantage since he's so huge that everything will hit him.
Hinatapwns

Post by Hinatapwns »

That's true. But his size works both ways. His regular attacks have massive hitboxes and range, and deal very good damage. I swear, his launcher can hit you 2-3 regular character lengths away AS WELL as his own height.

Usually if I'm up against a good Sentinel player, if my Hsien-Ko goes down, I have a tough time getting close to him for the rest of the battle.
XioSama

Post by XioSama »

Sentinel is annoying... I definitely won't deny that, but he's not the only spammer... in fact all of these characters can be spammers easily:
Dr. Doom
Deadpool
M.O.D.O.K
Ironman
Aurther
It certainty sucks, and I have the horrid feeling we're all gonna see at least one team of these, but whatever. Anyone at the tourney who actually fights has my props. I gotta throw this out there though, having a trap character or flyer helps immensely on spammers. (Dormammu ftw) xDDD
SNYPE2K11
I'm new!

Post by SNYPE2K11 »

you forgot chris redfield...

if he goes prone with enough distance it's fairly hard to get to him.

though i admit it is a decent counter to other spammers since they rarely hit low.

my mains are Dante/Hulk/Sentinel

let's be honest, super armor is way too good in MvC3.

Dante rushdown is hard to avoid as a bad player, so it'll eliminate weaker players pretty easily early on. plus, air dashes get over spamming pretty easily.

i'll probably come up with a substitute for him in the later rounds.

i still don't have a personal copy. i bought one for my girlfriend for valentine's day, so i can only play it at her place.
Blade21576
Expert Poster

Post by Blade21576 »

BY THE POWERS OF PANDORA!!!! I CLAPTRAP SHALL DESTROY YOU ALL!!!! }:| :-/ }:(
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

If anyone feel like practicing, im on PSN just add me and let me know your from here. PSN - Choujisan
You will never understand the depth of our pride
Kurai Ryu
Expert Poster

Post by Kurai Ryu »