Embarassing Moments

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
wicked
Getting the hang of this...

Embarassing Moments

Post by wicked »

[quote=tycoonmike]I ( or should I say "we"? ) failed completely and abysmally in the Cosplay Court Case. Yes, I was the red mage who was a defense attorney in the third case. A few hours after it, I ran into the someone who was dressed as Sora who watched it and heard a few of the comments. The beauty of it is that after the second case my number was called, and all I could think was, "oh, just perfect. How will I embarrass myself this time?"

It's deceitfully difficult to come up with a character for someone who doesn't speak <_<^[/quote]

I was in The Cosplay Court case too!It embarrassed me so much. I was the Ash that was called up as a witness..and freaked the second I got up there. And now it's all on video. Hurray. -_-;

we will redeem ourselves someday.. I hope.
tycoonmike
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by tycoonmike »

[quote=wicked][quote=tycoonmike]I ( or should I say "we"? ) failed completely and abysmally in the Cosplay Court Case. Yes, I was the red mage who was a defense attorney in the third case. A few hours after it, I ran into the someone who was dressed as Sora who watched it and heard a few of the comments. The beauty of it is that after the second case my number was called, and all I could think was, "oh, just perfect. How will I embarrass myself this time?"

It's deceitfully difficult to come up with a character for someone who doesn't speak <_<^[/quote]

I was in The Cosplay Court case too!It embarrassed me so much. I was the Ash that was called up as a witness..and freaked the second I got up there. And now it's all on video. Hurray. -_-;

we will redeem ourselves someday.. I hope.[/quote]

Oh, joy of joys...

*Waits for the inevitable barrage of "you guys suck!" comments*
----------------------------------------------
Wew it's been awhile!

AB2021 Cosplay List:
Blaine - Pokemon
Ward - Final Fantasy VIII
Large Body Heartless - Kingdom Hearts (Tentative)

Avatar: http://shojakka.deviantart.com/art/Kanji-276864991
everywhereXOXnowhere
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by everywhereXOXnowhere »

[quote]I suppose when my music didn't work for the Masquerade it was kinda embarassing though it all worked out in the end.[/quote]

You know backstage we couldn't tell. I was in the Vocaloid group after you, and some of us were really nervous so when your track stopped we were like "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! ARE WE GOING ON NOW?!"

but once you got on it was epic :)
'08- Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
'09- Akita Neru (Vocaloid)
'10- Ahiru {duck form} (Princess Tutu)
'11- Hilda (Pokemon B/W)
'12- Pikachu (Pokemon)
Fetch
Show-off

Embarassing Moments

Post by Fetch »

[quote=Akatsuki Sakura-Sama]So Saturday, Called Kenshin bachelorette instead of bachelor SEVERAL TIMES by accident. In the dating game. In frunt of a very large crowd of people xD;
Then it lived on sunday during cosplay chess...
I AM SO SORRY KENSHIN! >.<;;;;[/quote]

I thought that was scripted. Back in '06 (or was it '07?), the Cosplay Chess was Shonen VS Shojo. Kenshin was on the Shojo side at the start. so I thought the bit in the DG was refering to that, as it was the first time since that Chess match that Kenshin was in any of the cosplay plot stuff.

To find out that it was totally by accident? PRICELESS!
RC
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by RC »

[quote=Mysterious_Shino]

There I am! *points at I am not Kira's Icon* I am the Auron walking beside the Navi! Yay finaly! found a pic of myself... even if I am in the background. [/quote]

Oh, cool. XD I cut Edward from my background, no matter how small he is, he made the pic too big...

Another embarrasing moment... hmmm... Well, my friend made Riza take a pic with me so...
Well, feeling far too in character I put my arm around her carefully and then pulled her closer. Needless to say I felt wierd after I realized what I did... she put her arm around me too, but I still felt wierd...
Mysterious_Shino

Embarassing Moments

Post by Mysterious_Shino »

That happens sometimes, you just get into character and bam your a little closer then you intended to be.

By the way, could you possibly send me that photo that your using for your Icon at Auron_180@yahoo.com
RC
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by RC »

[quote=Mysterious_Shino]That happens sometimes, you just get into character and bam your a little closer then you intended to be.

By the way, could you possibly send me that photo that your using for your Icon at Auron_180@yahoo.com[/quote]

You can say that again...
ikki33
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ikki33 »

im sorry that cosplay misshap happend to you and when i was heading back cause i only went that day and was there for that but on the way back me and my friends were sitting there and started to sing the flea market montgomery song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk so me and one of my friends were on the train dancing and it stoped realy fast and i fell face first into her chest knocking her down to it was so akward the whole ride back
everywhereXOXnowhere
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Early on Friday while I was waiting for the rest of my group to arrive to the con, a few of us decided to drop in on the karaoke, and sooner decided we'd do a duet. I live on stage so I was wicked excited and we found the PERFECT song and waited for our turn, keeping it a secret from our friends because it would be so EPIC.

Unfortunately, no one bothered to tell us that there's more than one version of "Pokerap" in the world...

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video ... 1233330361

and then later on when I did my solo karaoke, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I listened to the "full" version of the opening to Full Moon wo Sagashite until the lyrics had me stumped, and right in the middle of it I went "What?"
'11- Hilda (Pokemon B/W)
'12- Pikachu (Pokemon)
TimmE

Embarassing Moments

Post by TimmE »

well me being me i like to jump over things i decide to jump over the railing and down the stairs ( i think it was to the revolving doors to the Sheraton ) so i go for it not noticing how close i was to the stairs, jumped slipped did a 180 and grabbed the railing. ah i thought it was funny and i almost hit someone :X im sure she was like where the hell did he come from haha
ikki33
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ikki33 »

dude my friend triped while we were in the dealers room and i caught her and this little kid yells out o my god they bounce her face turnd bright red and she draged me out of there literaly back on the floor draged me
zeth-sama

Embarassing Moments

Post by zeth-sama »

they arent much, but still a little embarassing.

after buying that card game called "we didnt playtest this at all", i completely just left it there by accident and ddint realize it till i got back to my friends hotel, so i had tor un back to the dealers room and ask if there was one i left.

also on sat. me and my friends took the train in and out, and we got off the T at north station with litterally less than a minute left till the train left, and we basically ran full speed tot he train barely making it.

and its always awkward to get asked for a picture by huge fans or ur cosplay outfit.

and lastly someone knew i was dietrich and i told the person i didnt kno who he was, since my friends just made me wear the outfit. and she went oh..... i kinda felt bad
ikki33
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ikki33 »

yay i was in street clothes and apearntly wearing a costume some girl ran up to me and said omg can i get a hug i go why she pulled out a manga and sure enough there was someone dressed like me with a flamethrower so ya i was at a loss for words
Bluebeard45
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Bluebeard45 »

Background info: Prior to the con, I had made arrangements to share my room with a couple people I didn't know from the forums.

Thursday night I went out to dinner with the Uke and the Fugakyu group during which I met a couple people who came back to my room with me for a little (read: a lot of) drinking. After a sake, 3 beers, and several gin and tonics there was a knock on the door and my roomates showed up, who were very cool and got themselves settled in. [More drinking] Then there was a second knock on the door which I wasn't expecting, since it was someone to see my roomates. And who does it turn out to be but none other than PatrickD of all people, who I got to meet for the first time drunk off my ass. All I can even remember about it was that I kind of stumbled over to shake his hand and before I knew it I was waking up the next morning. For a moment I was afraid I was going to get tossed from the con or something in my drunken paranoia despite being plenty of age to be drinking. Sorry about that Patrick =) Thanks for being cool about it.
ikki33
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ikki33 »

ha ha wow see thats why im against heavy drinking not just the fact im underage but cause stupid thinks happen when your drunk i do enough stoopid stuff when im tired i dont need alcohol
Forshmasterp

Embarassing Moments

Post by Forshmasterp »

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n]I suppose when my music didn't work for the Masquerade it was kinda embarassing though it all worked out in the end. Although more embarassing would be when I went to hug an Ash cosplayer and didn't realize it was a girl, so grabbing his chest to bring him toward me was a.........what's that called...oh bad idea >.>[/quote]

I still blame Morktag for that
Cave
AB Staff

Embarassing Moments

Post by Cave »

[quote=zeth-sama]they arent much, but still a little embarassing.

after buying that card game called "we didnt playtest this at all", i completely just left it there by accident and ddint realize it till i got back to my friends hotel, so i had tor un back to the dealers room and ask if there was one i left.[/quote]

Don't feel too bad. Some people left the express pass before getting their badge! D:
Heather Auxier
Karaoke Co-coordinator 2023-2024
Karaoke Staff 2010-2022
Registration Staff 2009
everywhereXOXnowhere
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Oh, another one I forgot about. The friends I was rooming with got back from the Saturday dance before me. When I finally made it up there, I realized it was very hot so I changed into my shorts/cami sleepwear (that my mother agreed to buy only if "no one sees it out of our house" because she thinks it's too "revealing"...) I finally got in bed and at that point our door opened and closed on its own which spooked us, so as the only fully-awake person I figured I'd go and make sure the deadbolt worked. For some reason I thought it'd be smart to test the setting on the door from the outside, and opened the door, right into some poor shirtless guy trying to get to his room. His response? "I like your pajamas, they're very... matching"
'11- Hilda (Pokemon B/W)
'12- Pikachu (Pokemon)
Paine

Embarassing Moments

Post by Paine »

uh my costume was designed for wardrobe malfunctions... i was paine... so lets just say nothing unexpected happened... but i prolly flashed about 1/2 of AB... lol... at least nothing ripped
zeth-sama

Embarassing Moments

Post by zeth-sama »

[quote=Cave][quote=zeth-sama]they arent much, but still a little embarassing.

after buying that card game called "we didnt playtest this at all", i completely just left it there by accident and ddint realize it till i got back to my friends hotel, so i had tor un back to the dealers room and ask if there was one i left.[/quote]

Don't feel too bad. Some people left the express pass before getting their badge! D: [/quote]
oh thats true. but i still felt stupid for leaving it there after actually buying it =(. woulda made it even worse if the person put it backj in the pile thinking someone misplaced it
caper moon

Embarassing Moments

Post by caper moon »

lols that was the best i laughed so hard everytime it was great this fourm makes me laugh
Kineticka

Embarassing Moments

Post by Kineticka »

Oh boy.

Well, I was running Org XIII Roxas, and wandering through the mall to get from the Marriott to the Hynes.

Well, I see an Axel in about center mall. And chargehug him. After a round of pictures from passersby, I return to my group...to be informed that they were pretty sure that was his girlfriend next to him, and she didn't look particularly happy at my display of affection. D:

If you are reading this, I apologize! :blush: And to make matters worse, this was the single person that I did not ask permission to hug beforehand, the entire weekend. -_-
SpazzyNinjaSpork
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by SpazzyNinjaSpork »

This one is somewhat pathetic, but I'll post it anyways. xD;;
So you guys know that "Pivotal" AMV that featured Gurren Lagann and Prelude 12/21? It won Judge's Choice and Best Drama.
I saw that at the AMV contest on Friday night, and I started uncontrollably bawling my eyes out, as I did previously when I watched the episode where Kamina (spoiler!) died.
But then, I was sitting at the end of the row, and was surrounded by my friends.
Jump to the masquerade, and I'm praying that that AMV won SOMETHING, because stuff that makes me cry that hard deserves recognition (xD usually I just cry a little at sad things. THAT WASN'T A LITTLE CRYING.) It did win something, and, once again, I start bawling my eyes out.
Except that time there was some unknown guy sitting next me.
It was awkward.
xD
Anime Boston 2011: Angel Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt), Fuko (Clannad)
Anime Boston 2012: Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Anime Boston 2013: Tamako Kitashirakawa (Tamako Market), maybe Marceline (Adventure Time)
Do I bleed awesome? No. Awesome bleeds me.
zerosama
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by zerosama »

wtf, punch you in the face!? for thanking him!? O___O damn! he has a stick up his ass. or something!

hm, I was so nervous at the masquerade, that I forgot to pull my skirt down, so in my skit, you can kinda see my butt.. D: I mean, I'm wearing tights, but still. it's uncomfortable. ;-;
Yammark
Determined Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Yammark »

An Embarassing moment of mine was, when I had Joined in a 3 person Majoras mask photo oppertunity, even though I wasnt cosplaying at all. Although A cool moment was between me and this one guy in the bathroom... I ferget what happend, but it was awsome, and completely unrelated to yaoi.
Another embarassing moment was when I went around artists alley and asked for a few commisioned pics of Amy Rose.... you know what I mean if you were there or the artist.
Yamma!
Ponyta
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Ponyta »

Kind of embarrassing >>
Sunday, I had the 'Yes Dance' stuck in my head. More specifically 'Let's do the fork in the garbage disposal!'. After introducing this to my friends (who had zero clue as to what I was talking about..), we set out on a mission to find someone that knew. I got embarrassed after two people >__>;
Not as popular as I thought...
And sorry female Ed Elric cosplayer from the bathroom and Upside-Down Umbrella Man. D:
..except in bed.
pandasqueak

Embarassing Moments

Post by pandasqueak »

I was dressed as Yuffie from Advent Children on Saturday, but towards the end of the day my headband was annoying me and cutting my ears off, so I replaced it with kitty ears I had bought. A random Tamaki cosplayer came up to me because they thought I was from Ouran. Dx Oops.
Kvalla

Embarassing Moments

Post by Kvalla »

I temporary lost my wingman while weaving through the Dealer's room and saw someone wearing a white shirt out of the corner of my eye. I grabbed their wrist and started dragging them towards one of the panels while yelling at them, then glanced over when they wriggled away and discovered it was some random small girl dressed as L. I apologized to her mother and then wondered to myself how I ever mixed that up...
RC
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by RC »

Oh, I forgot and that reminded me...

I dropped my glove in the hallway talking to some Ouran cosplayers and I had to go back and ask them if they had seen it... I couldn't fix the cape-thing with my glove on... T.T

They did and I was glad, said thanks, and got it back. Funny part- Edward told me the Tamaki cosplayer was putting it on when we walked over. XD
Zeath
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Zeath »

I took my glasses off for a photo while I was Fox and when I went to go pick them up someone accidently kicked them down the hallway. When I found them again another con go-er kicked them again. It was a game of "Find the blurry shiny thing going down the hallway" =/

Last edited by Zeath on Tue May 26, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Forgot to add something
Past AB cosplays:
Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo, Kakashi, Fox McCloud, Kyoya Ootori, Light Yagami, Snow Villiers, Hisagi Shuuhei, Sosuke Aizen
Planned cosplays:
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 1)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
Sans (Undertale)
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

o god dude, thats horribul... i htingk I sow you too but didnt know what was going on...

as for me... many things...
by the way, i cant spell...

first off the ost imbarising was wall waiting in line for the hotel chekin with my frind John V (how was a captin jack sparrow... the one that did the walk right but didnt have the hat) we met a rather cute misa(or uo-chan... is on the naetag in the pic i took). this was on friday and I didnt see her till sunday in the lobbey again. she didnt see me (in ways, thankfully) however my friend john and the people arond us (the guy cosplaying Im on a boat and his frinds) started yelling at me to go talk to her.... Im not good with words or crowdes.... needless to say i didnt...

second- I have a habbit of spining my gun (nerf maveric) however thay put the ziptie right on the trigger even thouhgt it cant fier. well... that aprently dug into my finger cus it cut me after a wiel. well... I droped it alot, infront of alot of people but the most imbarising one was when i was waiting for the elivator ( on the 18th floor) and two of the girels form the clue grope where there as well... it fell, rolled next to one of them, and thay where fixing there dress... so.. well it was odd to pick up.. i dont thingk she noticed, but she did make fun of me for droring it... (althouhgt i got her back when i noticed the opra binoculers she was using where backwords... ha)

therid- no one rely knew what I was cospalying as (corpral randel oland form pumkin siccores) but the first day, when i still had my backpack and didnt have the costume fully together I heard a femail voice say "hay, its the pumkin siccores guy"... i didnt know what to do so i hid... wish I could find who it was (first person to EVER reconize me in two years).

my friand john got stoped and huged so much... I aparently looked sad wall waiting for the elivator and a girl asked me if I wonted a hug. I dont rely hug people, so i sayed no.... i felt rely bad however....

and other stuff....... alot of other stuff
ikki33
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ikki33 »

aww see that girl was nice there was someone wicked sad i dont know who it was so i sat next to her and talked to her bout what happend she was still sad after i helped so i tryd to help her up and ended up falling so she was finally happy after my series of falls that was one dam slippery floor
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Embarassing Moments

Post by kiarrens »

Screwing up the order of my introductions for Cosplay Chess. Nothing like messing up in front of an audience of 2000+ people and god knows how many video cameras. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
eevee
AB Staff

Embarassing Moments

Post by eevee »

[quote=SlayerPath]When all my money and my Ipod was stolen after I lost one of my three bags I was carrying with me on Friday...Does this qualify as an embarrassing moments or a "dude that sucks" moment?[/quote]

the latter. but last yr i had an artist alley table, i left some stuff there, the next day i find my ipod charger taken.... not to mention there were some art pieces missing from the tables thruout AA
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15
eevee
AB Staff

Embarassing Moments

Post by eevee »

[quote=NobiZero]I have a few myself.

-I was the Tony Stark all weekend. When getting on the T the first day, I was with a large group of people all dressed up. We got quite a few stares from people getting on the train, but one in particular stands out. I was standing near the doors of the T car we were in, and my friends were back from it a bit. A man at one of the stops goes to get on and kind of stops himself, surprised by all these people in costume. He looks around, spots me and gets this "well, at least one of them looks normal" look on his face, so he gets on and stands near me. Then he looks down and sees my chest glowing, kinda jumps a bit and stands elsewhere.

-My Arc reactor wouldn't stick to my chest properly and it kept sliding down eventually settling between my sternum and stomach. I had to keep adjusting it all 3 days. Now I know how you girls feel about bras.

-The first day, I wore the Arc reactor under my shirt, since that's how it was in the movie when he's in a cave(with a box of scraps). I got so many stares from people wondering why my chest was glowing, so for Saturday, I cut a hole in my shirt so it'd be more visible, but to hide the straps that hold it to my chest, I cut the hole just small enough to fit over it, so it almost looked like it was part of my shirt but it was secured to my chest so it didn't move. One girl came up to me and said that it was one of the more awesome things she'd seen, but next year, I should cut a hole in my shirt. -_-'[/quote]

i was probably one of the ppl that stared... it was soooo cool tho ^_^v
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

I thignk i ran into you in the card room... literly... I sorta walked into you cus i was looking at magic cardes (the glwoing shirt thing was awsome)
Tochian

Embarassing Moments

Post by Tochian »

OH gods, it was so embarrassing.
I was just getting into the dance and wasn't warmed up at all but someone pushed me into the middle of a dance circle and for SOME REASON i tried to do a high kick and i. . . fell.
and now there's a huge bruise on my elbow / hip. Also the security closed down the dance circles after that, it was all my fault!! -SOB- i'm sorry everyone!
appl

Embarassing Moments

Post by appl »

[quote=CloElyse]I saw my 2 friends who I haven't seen in forever and we started screaming by accident when I looked over at them and recognized them.
We were in the dealers room, so people were staring.
XD

Then some random kid comes over and goes "Calm down girls, this is not a Jonas Brothers concert."

Ah, memories.
[/quote]
lolz i heard that from across the dealers room. i was allz like wtf...

sooo thats what the random screaming was
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Shinden »

I saw a dealer selling something familiar looking, so I walked up and then... I saw it.

THE HARD GAY BARREL TOY GAME KEYCHAIN EDITION!

I was having a small "OMGTHISISSOCOOLXDXDXDXD" attack when the dealer walked over to me and pat me on the head, saying "It's okay, it's okay! It's just a toy!" Lawl.
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
chaoticpeace
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by chaoticpeace »

i'm horrible with my pronouncations and my friends usually tease me about it, and how i'm like a math genius to them, they think it's really funny. my worst one is komui.

anyway, i'm taking like a thousand pictures before opening cemerimonies. i'm walking on the third floor and get a pic of a komui. then i run into a lavi and a lenalee. i start saying that i saw a komui and make a joke about his possessiveness and i end up saying your brother (pointing to lenalee) but i guess the group thought i pointed at the lavi and yea...
LadyInuyasha

Embarassing Moments

Post by LadyInuyasha »

[quote=shad0wth3fall3n]I suppose when my music didn't work for the Masquerade it was kinda embarassing though it all worked out in the end. Although more embarassing would be when I went to hug an Ash cosplayer and didn't realize it was a girl, so grabbing his chest to bring him toward me was a.........what's that called...oh bad idea >.>[/quote]
[color:red]I actually had the reverse happen to me. I cosplay Inuyasha and the suikan (top) is very bulky so it's hard to tell I am a girl unless you talk to me. Well there was a ninja-dude going around doing mock-assasinations and when he "attacked" me his hand landed right on my chest. X~X Poor Ninja-dude was just as startled as me and apologised profusely. So your not alone James. [/color]

"Because there is no life without a little fun!"
Cosplaying Inuyasha, Inu-Papa and Sun Ce - DW5.
Anime Boston 2005-2013!
Connecticon 2004-2013!

Spike Spiegel
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Spike Spiegel »

Well, I was embarrassed when I interrupted Greg
when he was talking during his panel. Sorry everybody, Orochimaru feels like a heel.

Then the Stevie Nicks reference during the Kalafina Q&A, I wanted to disappear into a secret part of the Hynes where no one would find me.

I kept my mouth shut for the rest of the con, except for feedback.
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Darkvyse88 »

I got another good one. I was expecting to run into my old girlfriend (which can be quite strange for anyone if you haven't seen said person in a while), but I had not yet run into her. So, I get seated for the Masq (I was the nerd in the fanfiction skit), and the skit before us, the one seated next to us, gues who was in that group? Did not see that one coming. She did not see me, but I told one of her friend to say hi for me, just to be nice.
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Lawliet »

haha i just remembered a really embarassing karaoke moment:

when my friend who was cosplaying as kenshin convinced me to do a song with him I never heard before and he really didn't know either, so when we got onstage, I completly messed up the beat, didn't know the lyrics, and spent half the time stopping and trying to find where we were, or pointing at kenshin and being like, take it away kenshin! he was staring at his ipod touch for the lyrics the entire time too lol
DarkOmega87
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by DarkOmega87 »

[quote=everywhereXOXnowhere]Early on Friday while I was waiting for the rest of my group to arrive to the con, a few of us decided to drop in on the karaoke, and sooner decided we'd do a duet. I live on stage so I was wicked excited and we found the PERFECT song and waited for our turn, keeping it a secret from our friends because it would be so EPIC.

Unfortunately, no one bothered to tell us that there's more than one version of "Pokerap" in the world...

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video ... 1233330361

and then later on when I did my solo karaoke, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I listened to the "full" version of the opening to Full Moon wo Sagashite until the lyrics had me stumped, and right in the middle of it I went "What?"[/quote]

OMG i remember that me and my friends were in the front row when that happen but the good thing you kept up the energy which was awesome because i would of so buckled down in embarrassment.

Anime Boston 2017
Gaius from tales of xilia 2
Phayte
I'm new!

Embarassing Moments

Post by Phayte »

[quote=Ponyta]Kind of embarrassing >>
Sunday, I had the 'Yes Dance' stuck in my head. More specifically 'Let's do the fork in the garbage disposal!'. After introducing this to my friends (who had zero clue as to what I was talking about..), we set out on a mission to find someone that knew. I got embarrassed after two people >__>;
Not as popular as I thought...
And sorry female Ed Elric cosplayer from the bathroom and Upside-Down Umbrella Man. D: [/quote]

I would've recognized it! I totally would've danced with you. :D

So, I guess it's not really embarassing to me, but some guy was standing in line to pay for food behind me while I was cosplaying Chrono from Chrono Crusade. He said "Hey, Vincent!" like three times before I turned and had to tell him that I wasn't cosplaying Vincent. I felt really bad for him, because from behind I must admit they do look somewhat similar.

About an hour or two later I changed into my Dokugakuji cosplay, because I was embarassed over behind mistaken for someone else. >>;
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Irken Hawk »

It happened in the hotel room, but it was embarrassing nontheless...

My pants to my Rorschach costume ripped. Luckily I have to wear a trench coat. :)
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Shinden »

Yeah I have no idea. It's a city thing, I guess. We're not like that up in NH though. Well, not often, anyways.
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
Random_Otaku
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Random_Otaku »

I'd say my most embarrassing event at the con was that I thought I lost my camera at the funimation booth. Me and the guy working there (the one dressed as Ed) looked all over, and right when we all lost hope I noticed it fell down the leg of my costume.
Akatsuki Sakura-Sama

Embarassing Moments

Post by Akatsuki Sakura-Sama »

Dude, I feel you pain. xD
Oh. Thought of another one, me and my boyfriend were sitting in line for the masquerade, and I see my friends who I haven't seen since I graduated highschool, jump up, and run to tackle them.
WELL, apparently I forgot that my camera was in my lap xD Sent it flying and hit some pore hunter cosplayer in the head.
Didn't notice ether. xD; Till I sit back down and my boyfriend tells me soo xD So I run over to apologize xD He was very nice about it though xD And my camera is fine xD;