Embarassing Moments

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Shinden »

We all have embarrassing moments that we wish to forget, and sometimes these can happen at cons! there is a lot of room for error, what with crazy costumes and exhaustion. So, if you want, post them here for laughs!

Saturday morning on the train I was thanking a man with a bicycle that was holding up the train at the station loading his bike on. If he hadn't been there, my friend and I would have to wait three hours for another train! So I thanked him, and he took some degree of offense to it, and threatened to punch me in the face.;_;

I just saw my old girlfriend at around 8 on Saturday in the exit to the mall and was super happy to see that she could make it (She told me she really wanted to go but couldn't, but she got a ride and it all worked out). So, after saying bye to her, I walked to the bathrooms near there. After using a stall I walked out to see one of my group members, a female, inside the bathroom. I thought to myself, "What is a girl doing in the men's bathroom?!" She then told me that I was, in fact, in the women's bathroom. DX I hurried out before anyone saw me. I am SOOO lucky it was empty.

So please share yours! Don't make me look like I'm the only spacey screw up at this con!
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
CloElyse
I'm new!

Embarassing Moments

Post by CloElyse »

I saw my 2 friends who I haven't seen in forever and we started screaming by accident when I looked over at them and recognized them.
We were in the dealers room, so people were staring.
XD

Then some random kid comes over and goes "Calm down girls, this is not a Jonas Brothers concert."

Ah, memories.
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by H. Guderian »

Everyone who ever cosplayed a mecha has experienced that moment when their costume starts breaking down...and you can't fix it...and now you're trapped in a giant half-broken box as you woundedly hop from place to place.

Then make that final resting place the last person on stage for the Hall Cosplay Fashion show~ I still have red marks and incredibly sore muscles~

Ah yes. I didn't bring anything else to embarass myself in, so mecha antics were it.
satchansays
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by satchansays »

my friend and I walking by Troy Baker outside the Hynes in about half our clothes. :|

enough said.

(I don't think he was looking towards us anyways, thankfully.)
wicked
Getting the hang of this...

Embarassing Moments

Post by wicked »

Getting called up as a witness at Cosplay Court. I had no idea what to say and totally blanked! I mumbled awkwardly through the whole thing.

I was the Ash Ketchum and I apologize for anyone who saw that. D:
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Synaizen »

Me and some friends helped organize the big Bleach shoot that ended up outside, with a game of shinigami-shinigami-hollow (duck duck goose) until mall security came and broke it up...halfway through a round, though, a girl dressed up as Yoruichi in her commander outfit (black dress only, goes around neck then ties around waist) accidentally slipped off for a few seconds...she had no bra...I felt so sorry for her, there were a lot of people with cameras...
coadifer
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by coadifer »

[quote=Synaizen]Me and some friends helped organize the big Bleach shoot that ended up outside, with a game of shinigami-shinigami-hollow (duck duck goose) until mall security came and broke it up...halfway through a round, though, a girl dressed up as Yoruichi in her commander outfit (black dress only, goes around neck then ties around waist) accidentally slipped off for a few seconds...she had no bra...I felt so sorry for her, there were a lot of people with cameras...[/quote]

That was me >//////<;
Very stupid of me to not wear a bra....
And I was half expecting someone to post that, and if you didnt I probably would have.
Anime Boston 2015 Lineup Friday- Cecil Baldwin (WTNV) Saturday- Suki (A:TLA) Sunday- Unsure
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Darkvyse88 »

On Friday outside Masq HQ, I went to throw away a glass bottle for a friend of mine, lost my grip on it, and it shattered. I picked up all the pieces, but I was embaressed to no end >.<.
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Synaizen »

*turns bright red* :blush:

On the upside, at least the 4000+ photos I've checked don't have you in them/no one remembers anything...
coadifer
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by coadifer »

[quote=Synaizen]........

On the upside, at least the 4000+ photos I've checked don't have you in them/no one remembers anything... [/quote]

Haha x.x;
Well thats good. I dont really care, it was just so embarrassing >//< Which is what this board is all about, posting the embarrasing moments!

I knew I should have fixed my white shirt before playing. It was stupid of me not to
Anime Boston 2015 Lineup Friday- Cecil Baldwin (WTNV) Saturday- Suki (A:TLA) Sunday- Unsure
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Darkvyse88 »

[quote=Synaizen]........

On the upside, at least the 4000+ photos I've checked don't have you in them/no one remembers anything... [/quote]

Lol. I am expecting nest year to run into Ada and she remebers me. There goes my chance to try out for Chess :laugh:.
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
Pegasus Fantasy
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Pegasus Fantasy »

On Saturday night, I was going down one of the escalators in the Sheraton (down into the lobby) and it suddenly just stopped, hurling me forward and I screamed and almost fell.

Also, trying and failing to dance at the formal ball, but I don't really care, it was amazing!
LS369

Embarassing Moments

Post by LS369 »

My friend was eating some Junior Mints and one fell on the ground. I decided to throw it away, and I thought I would try throwing it into the trash from the other side of the room. Instead of getting it in the trash, I hit a Sephiroth cosplayer in the head.

If you are the person who I hit with a Junior Mint, I am sorry. Please don't stab me.
RyukLikesHentai
I'm new!

Embarassing Moments

Post by RyukLikesHentai »

Well, im really tall. So when i was going from the mall too the sheraton, and i ended up smashing my head above the door. Worst part was it was in front of a Rock Lee cosplayer. -.-
ThexInnocentxevil

Embarassing Moments

Post by ThexInnocentxevil »

This happened on Sunday with my group of friends & boyfriend. We were about to leave when my friend Jessica was complaining about the piece of pizza Ed gave her, as it exploded inside her bag. I wasn't paying attention as to WHAT it was that gotten all greasy. I was trying to make room for my feet in the front. I said that I would throw out whatever the greasy item was since I was going to chuck out the empty waterbottles.

She reached over, holding it out and I took it, staring at it in horror. I didn't realize it was a TAMPON that she was talking about. THAT was the greasy item. Everyone started to crack up at my reaction, since my face was seriously like WTF?! I got out to throw out the tampon & waterbottles, and as I did, I flipped the birdy off. XD!!!
LS369

Embarassing Moments

Post by LS369 »

[quote=ThexInnocentxevil]This happened on Sunday with my group of friends & boyfriend. We were about to leave when my friend Jessica was complaining about the piece of pizza Ed gave her, as it exploded inside her bag. I wasn't paying attention as to WHAT it was that gotten all greasy. I was trying to make room for my feet in the front. I said that I would throw out whatever the greasy item was since I was going to chuck out the empty waterbottles.

She reached over, holding it out and I took it, staring at it in horror. I didn't realize it was a TAMPON that she was talking about. THAT was the greasy item. Everyone started to crack up at my reaction, since my face was seriously like WTF?! I got out to throw out the tampon & waterbottles, and as I did, I flipped the birdy off. XD!!![/quote]

I'm assuming you were the only Lightning there. You did a really good job, so it offsets what happened.
JakkiiKitty
I'm new!

Embarassing Moments

Post by JakkiiKitty »

Well, I was going on the elevator with my sister who had a bad ankle. she had gotten on after me so her back was facing the door. I looked up and saw a man dressed in a scary as crap costume approaching the door, and i got a VERY scared look on my face and went "sh-sh-should we let him in?" to my sister. the door shut on him before i could let him in, and i was too scared to move. my sister? laughing too hard to say anything.
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Shinden »

I wanna find that man, I'm assuming he was some sort of parent, who unwittingly started our Marco-polo game at registration on Saturday morning([color:blue]Him:"MARCO!"[/color] [color:red]Us:"POLO!"[/color] [color:blue]Him:"NO, NOT YOU!DX"[/color]). He made my morning.

MARCO!
takmatsumotojr

Embarassing Moments

Post by takmatsumotojr »

Actually going to the Yaoi Panel...xD
Pencil-Hands
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Pencil-Hands »

I was the fullsuit Umbreon walking around. Mind you, I could see, but very limitedly. I had quite a few incidents in which I would crash straight into people. The two most notable ones are:

I was chasing after a Tsukasa cosplayer from .hack//SIGN, because I love that series, and I crashed straight into the backside of (if I remember correctly) a Sailor Moon cosplayer on her phone. She was the one with pink hair. All I really remember is pink hair, a phone, and utter embarrassment.

The other situation was Sunday early evening in which, again, I was trying to chase after someone. I was in the park area in between the Hynes and the mall. I was going after someone when all of a sudden I start tripping over something, only to realize, after falling, that I tripped over someone who was sitting.

This was particularly embarrassing since my crotch sort of ended up in her face... >.<
hooyeah
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by hooyeah »

[quote=Pencil-Hands]\
This was particularly embarrassing since my crotch sort of ended up in her face... >.<[/quote]

falls on the ground laughing lol...... O.o
Aprilxx

Embarassing Moments

Post by Aprilxx »

I saw someone cospaing Matt from death note and had a brain block and called them Mello by accident ;_; I felt so bad >.>
Sayoria
AB Staff

Embarassing Moments

Post by Sayoria »

I was on the Media Trivia Contest. My team won, and then we had to speak to the audience about which anime genre was the best. I have a hard enough time speaking in front of others like that, and there was a kid in the audience that kept questioning me, not letting me just completely get my point across.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by H. Guderian »

I was walkin' 'round and I saw a guy who looked 95% like a friend who I thought got lost, since he was checking a bag and looking distressed, so I walk by and shout some sorta 'hurry up, slow poke!' and see instantly, that it was infact not my friend. So I apologized the best I could. He then asked where to get a schedule so I pointed him in the right direction to get one...so...

...it kinda worked out? But I felt so bad.
RC
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by RC »

Alright, first, the guys handing out cards to people they thought were over 18 to go to some after-con Saturday type thing gave me a card in the line for the dance.

Well, I'm not 18 and I was like O.o and all my friends laughed at me.

In the same line I fell and caught myself on the wall. Again, friends chuckle and (being yaoi fans) they push our Sasuke against me pinning me to the wall holding him against me. I was like 'GET OFF' and Sasuke was like 'They're holding me here!' and it hurt for the 20 seconds I was trapped...
That was rather embarrasing.
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by FjWolfwood »

Cosplay chess, getting defeated not once, but twice by Kiki is bad enough.
Now lets make matters all the worse. During the zombie attack scene the hellhound was knocked over and landed with the dog head straight into my crotch for the world to see, and people on my arms and leg so I couldn't exactly shift. That was a slightly awkward fifteen seconds.
animefan54

Embarassing Moments

Post by animefan54 »

a couple of things happended to me. first during friday i forgot how heavy the door is to the hynes and i pushed it open and i felt like the biggest weakling in my life.

when my gf and i were in line for the 18+ dubbing she brought her fans that she bought in the dealers room. her nana taught her how to open them very eligantly and she was opening and closing them, spinning them and catching them etc. me being a VERY amused person i started to do the same thing. at one point we were talking and we got into an "argument" (not a real one but one for fun) and she threw the fan up, caught it, and was going to close it. instead it flew out of her hand and hit me right on the mouth. there were people walking by looking at me thinking what happened.
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Shinden »

Related: in line for Masq, which I didn't get in, a man at a booth was throwing a promo card to a man in line shuriken style. As it turns out, paper catches wind, and it flew in a curve right in front of my face, like, it would have hit me if I didn't dodge it with a Kabuki mie pose.
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Embarassing Moments

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

I suppose when my music didn't work for the Masquerade it was kinda embarassing though it all worked out in the end. Although more embarassing would be when I went to hug an Ash cosplayer and didn't realize it was a girl, so grabbing his chest to bring him toward me was a.........what's that called...oh bad idea >.>
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by H. Guderian »

I felt so bad for you guys when the music didn't play right, but the crowd was definately supportive and behind you!!
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Embarassing Moments

[quote=H. Guderian]I felt so bad for you guys when the music didn't play right, but the crowd was definately supportive and behind you!![/quote]

Benefit of being a geek and a convention, you always get some form of support! :-D Even if it's the kind you don't want, it's always there...creeping around the corner...with a Yaoi paddle *shutters* lol Thanks again!
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Synaizen »

Yeah, both of you were amazing; and don't worry about the music, it only added to the entertainment!
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Embarassing Moments

[quote=Synaizen]Yeah, both of you were amazing; and don't worry about the music, it only added to the entertainment![/quote]
Thank you! Oh and another quick embarrassing moment, when we were running up to get our first Award, we had to go through the wall of black curtains and I ran head first into a metal pole on the other side of the curtain....ya smooth
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Synaizen »

No one saw except your partner, so I don't think you should care, except for her >.>;;

I don't really know if this counts as embaressing, but all of Saturday morning I ran around with two barrels strapped to my back; the people that didn't know what the Cosplot event was thought I was insane, considering I was being chased by 5 "good" schoolgirls. Sheesh.
niogaff

Embarassing Moments

Post by niogaff »

So, Thursday night I drove out to my friends house that we were going to stay at and take the train in every morning. Well, we ended up staying up until about one, which isn't too bad, except the first train was at 7 and I "slept" on the floor with no blanket with the AC on. Well my friend and a couple other people decide to head back to his house early leaving me and two other people who had only taken the train to Boston from his house. So we decide to try and take the second to last train out so we could get some sleep. We were running a bit late and we were still a few blocks away when the train was supposed to leave. When we get there I looked at one of the screens and was certain our train hadn't left yet. So we jump on this train and ride through the first few stops and realize something isn't right. The train we had taken was the Framingham line when we were supposed to be on the Franklin line, so we jump off the train in Wellesley and have to take a $100 cab ride to get back to my friends place that I foot the bill for. I doubt I will live to hear the end of this one....

**I forgot to add the person that I talked to at the train station the next morning had a field day with my amazing endeavor**
Akatsuki Sakura-Sama

Embarassing Moments

Post by Akatsuki Sakura-Sama »

So Saturday, Called Kenshin bachelorette instead of bachelor SEVERAL TIMES by accident. In the dating game. In frunt of a very large crowd of people xD;
Then it lived on sunday during cosplay chess...
I AM SO SORRY KENSHIN! >.<;;;;
Deilann

Embarassing Moments

Post by Deilann »

It made it that much better. I promise. Especially because it provoked Tamaki.
Crash Override
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Crash Override »

I can think of three embarrassing moments:

- I kept trying to drink water through my mask from the fountains cause I forgot my wallet to buy a bottle of water. It took me like twenty minutes of trying to bend over to take a sip and when I finally got close enough to it the damm water pooled inside the mouth and teeth and wouldnt go through the hole I needed to drink from. My costume was so warm I was just covered in sweat because of my lack of water and eventually my brother kept spraying me with febreeze and water to counter the sweat from lack of water.

- Eventually I did get a bottle of water without a straw and it got stuck in my mask so a bunch of people snapped a ton of pictures of me fighting to get the bottle out of my mask and then leaving it there to dangle.

- I was hiding in the bathroom stall while resting and pouring water on myself while goaning lightly in contentment when some kid came in and saw me there and was like. " Ewwww...Nemesis taking a Sh-t! No wonder your so grumpy all the time. Laxatives man!"
We are all the same when it comes to cosplay. Our motives may be different but in the end we all just want to play pretend.
Foenicks

Embarassing Moments

Post by Foenicks »

I dropped a tray on someone sitting near the trash can. :)
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ninja_girl21 »

let see on the tee i dressed up in my cosplay a bunch of people looked at me and i was like i am cools then i got off on the wrong stop i got off at the hynes which was fine i did a bit of walking got a good place in line. saturday i got my clip stuck in the seat i like babe i stuck panic you going to right if you get stuck it is k i should cliped it cause it was banging againist me. then my bf was supposed to follow me he knocked into another lady and got mad at me cause he blamed me for pulling him and pushing him. damn that what i get for being tired and have to work. but all and all it was fun year.
i been going to anime boston since 2004
ZionCleric

Embarassing Moments

Post by ZionCleric »

I bet some people heard this so...
We were at the 2nd floor on Saturday with my friends Shion and Rena. Shion decides that it was ok to both do their laughs. (They both practiced beforehand and perfected it.) They did it so that the convention hall echoed with the laugh. :blush:
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Meph »

My embarrassing moment was on stage at Cosplay Chess. I was the Neku.. and I was instructed to refuse to play.. but nobody on the chess board, aside the staff, knew that. So everyone made me feel a little stupid ^^;; I was told to refuse to play until I was banished to team SITCAS.. and the whole time they were all like "NEKU JUST MOVE"
me: O_O I can't...
them: What do you mean!? MOVE
me: ;_; I .... can't... move... I swear..
and I got a lot of like.. "wtf is wrong with you" looks. and because of that, people in the audience thought I got booted from the game instead of it being planned. SO that was sort of embarrassing. It really was on purpose.. and it really sucked cause I felt stupid ._. other than that I enjoyed the game, but I think people should've been told I was going to be refusing to play to join the jury, basically.. to even out the sitcas/chess board ratio.

only instructions I'd gotten "refuse to play and wait for vash to banish you." and that's what I did x-x

oh well. I hope maybe that cleared it up for people..
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

When all my money and my Ipod was stolen after I lost one of my three bags I was carrying with me on Friday...Does this qualify as an embarrassing moments or a "dude that sucks" moment?
brokenzeromus

Embarassing Moments

Post by brokenzeromus »

okay so i was going up an escalator being as clumsy as i usually am i somehow managed to trip on the escalator i kinda hurt my leg a little but i was okay.
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by NobiZero »

I have a few myself.

-I was the Tony Stark all weekend. When getting on the T the first day, I was with a large group of people all dressed up. We got quite a few stares from people getting on the train, but one in particular stands out. I was standing near the doors of the T car we were in, and my friends were back from it a bit. A man at one of the stops goes to get on and kind of stops himself, surprised by all these people in costume. He looks around, spots me and gets this "well, at least one of them looks normal" look on his face, so he gets on and stands near me. Then he looks down and sees my chest glowing, kinda jumps a bit and stands elsewhere.

-My Arc reactor wouldn't stick to my chest properly and it kept sliding down eventually settling between my sternum and stomach. I had to keep adjusting it all 3 days. Now I know how you girls feel about bras.

-The first day, I wore the Arc reactor under my shirt, since that's how it was in the movie when he's in a cave(with a box of scraps). I got so many stares from people wondering why my chest was glowing, so for Saturday, I cut a hole in my shirt so it'd be more visible, but to hide the straps that hold it to my chest, I cut the hole just small enough to fit over it, so it almost looked like it was part of my shirt but it was secured to my chest so it didn't move. One girl came up to me and said that it was one of the more awesome things she'd seen, but next year, I should cut a hole in my shirt. -_-'
tycoonmike
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by tycoonmike »

I ( or should I say "we"? ) failed completely and abysmally in the Cosplay Court Case. Yes, I was the red mage who was a defense attorney in the third case. A few hours after it, I ran into the someone who was dressed as Sora who watched it and heard a few of the comments. The beauty of it is that after the second case my number was called, and all I could think was, "oh, just perfect. How will I embarrass myself this time?"

It's deceitfully difficult to come up with a character for someone who doesn't speak <_<^
----------------------------------------------
Wew it's been awhile!

AB2021 Cosplay List:
Blaine - Pokemon
Ward - Final Fantasy VIII
Large Body Heartless - Kingdom Hearts (Tentative)

Avatar: http://shojakka.deviantart.com/art/Kanji-276864991
snowtay
AB Alumni

Embarassing Moments

Post by snowtay »

I was running late to get to main events for the Masquerade, since I was participating in the Hallway Contest Fashion show. I was the Lucy with the vectors, and I was having trouble with the main strap stretching since I put it on in such a hurry, so the vectors were drooping, grinding into my lower spine. I went to get on the escalator, and while trying to adjust them in the time I was standing still, one of the hands went up the girl's skirt in front of me and right on her butt...I was horrified, but she just laughed...>.<
Snow
Cosplay Games Staff 2011-2017, 2020
ZenErik
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by ZenErik »

Embarrassing is every moment I'm on the dance floor. But it was so much fun at the same time. Other than that, I was just in the artist alley. Didn't have time to mingle enough for too much embarrassment...
Mysterious_Shino

Embarassing Moments

Post by Mysterious_Shino »

There I am! *points at I am not Kira's Icon* I am the Auron walking beside the Navi! Yay finaly! found a pic of myself... even if I am in the background.

So um anyway, embarising events... lets see.

I will go undoubtedly for what happened Saturday night, just after I had abandoned my cosplay for more casual clothing in an effort to be well... mobile for the dance. I was walking with a friend of mine from school... and the sash/obi holding her kimono on her fell off... and no one in the rest of the group noticed... and I was across the street trying to get to her... this was outside of the shaws. So needless to say I ended up very awkwardly trying to help her keep her clothing on with out accidently copping a feel.

I also kept forgetting my water bottle everywhere on sunday... had to go ask like 4 different artists in artists Ally if I had left it there...

DuckTapeBunny
AB Alumni

Embarassing Moments

Post by DuckTapeBunny »

I was Dressed as Lina Inverse and stayed in Character for the vast majority of the con. It worked great when I ran into other slayers cosplayers and was funny....but not so Much when I made a small booboo.

I saw what I thought was a lone goury so I went up behind him in my best lina voice, struck a pose pointing and very loudly went "Goury! There you are!"

For about five minuets people just looked at me funny and laughed when he didn't turn around.
Awkward. I felt like a goober.

I wanted to see if he didn't hear me or something so I tapped him on the shoulder. He was a Final Fantasy Cosplayer...but the costumes are almost exactly the same. D:

I told him what had just happened and we chatted and after re-telling the many injuries I sustained in costume making he felt bad for me and bought me a Doujinshi. o.o
I tried to refuse but he wouldn't take no for an answer.

So I guess it ended well. >.>