people who were REALLY IN CHAR

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Suna Sato
Veteran Poster

Post by Suna Sato »

I was Fiona Belli
My friend was Daniella.

We were from haunting ground. We should wander the con and i would run hide trip fall attack and die. I'm sure one of you saw me!!!!! I was running from my friends who was Daniella. She would chase m and try to hit me with a shard of broken glass to knock me out so she could tear out my uterus.

We had loads of fun and made it into a game. Next year were gonna add onn two fo the other bosses and keep playing the game but in real life ooooohh fancy. The game isn't as fun to me now as playing it like that.... so i cant wait for AB10 (only 10 more months)

So.... after a long intro WHO DID YOU SEE WHO WAS REALLY IN CHAR!!!!!

I was a witch too and people were actually scared to approach me. I scared thi one L and made him drop all his lollis.... Im a bad person.

When you cosplay are you in char or are you just in it for the pictures?
Of Course im Jenova again this year! Join me my children the year of the Jenovas Witness begins!!!!
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

Ah, my Ed friend was in character with the own made up short remark that I am copyrighting... "Hey! WHO'RE YOU CALLING SO SHORT HE COULDN'T GET ON A KIDDIE RIDE!"

The Hughes was in character too, attacking us with the pictures and yelling about Alicia's birthday in the masquerade line...

And I'm in it for the In characterness... it's fun (but be careful, when you have nightmares about things you did in Ishbal that you didn't do, you may have taken it too far...). XD
acid_fusion51
Veteran Poster

Post by acid_fusion51 »

i love when people are in character, even if its just for small bits, like the street fighter guys were doing all the phrases they say in the game and i couldnt stop laughing cause it was cool
Taurosgrl
Veteran Poster

Post by Taurosgrl »

[color:purple]There was a Prussia from Axis Powers Hetalia who was really in-char

For those of you who don't know Prussia, he's extremely full of himself and has a tendency to "Invade other countries' vital regions". He's also not too good on the logic side.

The cosplayer I met was next to exactly like him, it was fun to hang out with 'em ^^[/color]
AB 2012!
No Set Dates Yet:
Dolorosa - Homestuck
Blind Mag - Repo! The Genetic Opera
Sasha - Infamous
Austria - Hetalia
Xion - Kingdom Hearts 358 Days/2 (Maybe?)
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

There was a Hughes from FMA running around with a bunch of pictures tackling people and going on a Gracie/Elysia rant of awesomeness. It looked like a loooot of work lol

And I screamed Edward short-rants for Friday and Saturday to the point I lost my voice by Sunday. I figured if I worked so hard on the arm, I was definitely going all out. I mean I went to be Edward Elric and Edward just isn't Edward without "STOP CALLING ME SHORT OR I'LL BREAK OFF YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!!!!".
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

When I was Kyon I let Haruhi (My gf's lil sister) beat the hell out of me and order me around, and I just gawked at Mikuru the entire time.

And when I was James from Team Rocket I was EXTREMELY flamboyant! Though both males and females said they loved me, we all know which James prefers lol
Mehan
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Mehan »

I think its awesome when people get into their character. I was a Mandalorian from Star Wars....any Jedi, stormtrooper, scout trooper and even the Chewie that was walking around, I harassed them! lol it was fun!

Chewie got mad when I showed him my wookie scalps. :p lol

good times
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid." JC
Chamelion117
Expert Poster

Post by Chamelion117 »

I saw a Dr. House who was REALLY in character. Had the walk and everything. Passes by a Chewbacca- "out of the way, rug!"
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Chamelion117]I saw a Dr. House who was REALLY in character. Had the walk and everything. Passes by a Chewbacca- "out of the way, rug!"[/quote]

I missed House?! NO!
shad0wth3fall3n
AB Alumni

Post by shad0wth3fall3n »

[quote=Chamelion117]I saw a Dr. House who was REALLY in character. Had the walk and everything. Passes by a Chewbacca- "out of the way, rug!"[/quote]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/ ... G_5531.jpg

He was great!
DagaYemar
Expert Poster

Post by DagaYemar »

Don't know if anyone remembers me, but I was the Dr. Stien who was rolling around in his office chair in the halls. That chair got more attention from people than I did.

I never planned it, but three times during the convention I would be rolling along and the wheels caught on something, dumping me onto floor. Every single time that happened, I got a round of applause from everyone nearby.
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

OOH!! That's awesome, I wish I could have seen him. *laughs at House calling Chewbacca a rug* :laugh:
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Post by Meph »

xD;; this is a late comment, but my friend was Shooto Dan from The World Ends With You.

He played the game... the night before.. ONE part with Shooto.. saw some lines. figured out from FIVE MINUTES of play what he was like.. I made stuff for him to carry.. and he went.to.town.

I called him over to the shoot and he like.. LEAPT into the group of us screaming "WHO WANTS TO PLAY TIN PIN! I CHALLENGE YOU! IT TAKES SOOOOOUUUUUULLLLLL!"

and just WENT AT IT. It was amazing. He was so popular too :3 I was so happy he was a hit :3 nobody cosplays Shooto and he was just so perfect at it. He ran around all day challenging people and when they had no idea wtf he was talking about he'd apparently accuse them of not being brave enough or something xD I wasn't around for all of it. but he was epic anyway. It was great. but he was just IN character the ENTIRE time.

and I'd have to say I was pretty damned in character when I was Ishida. xD; he and I have the same personality, so my ability to be easily annoyed and talk over people as if they're idiots (when I'm VERY frustrated) is like. spot on xD so I don't know if that's in character or a horrible coincidence xD haha *suffers from migraines.. is in character all day*
same goes for my cosplay of: UK (hetalia), Neku (twewy), Naota (flcl)... I see a pattern in my cosplay >>;;

but yeah xD; I dunno if that counts as in character but I figure.. close enough.

and that HOUSE sounds like he'd have made my DAY if I'd heard that! I saw him around and loved him. xD the fact he was that nasty makes me happy! x3 wish someone had a video!
iTerraA
Determined Poster

Post by iTerraA »

I was in character as Death the Kidd. I didn't get harassed all that much, but I did do the symmetry rants, and called a few people unsymmetrical. They all looked at me weird. x3 Loads of fun though.
AB 2012: No Longer Going
Zaraki_Sajin
Experienced Poster

Post by Zaraki_Sajin »

:o im in the background lol im the bleach captain ^_^
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

Though I didn't see this two of my friends ran into a Death the Kid and Tsubaki cosplayer somewhere (I think in the dealers room) and he tried to challege them to a fight or something. Then the Tsubaki leaned over and whispered something to him and he started to freak out about symatry.
XD I wish I saw this.
Ficus
AB Staff

Post by Ficus »

I had lots of fun as Haruhi this year. I definitly bullied my SOSBrigade on saturday, Kyon and I even got into an argument (something about calming down or else things would go to far...). The power trip that comes with that headband definifly makes one want to take over a con.

Though I also had lots of in character fun with the giant Fairy Tail group. If any of the Fairies are reading this, then you know what a personal triumph it was not to destroy the Hynes. There was stalking, streaking, drinking, flirting, fighting, and all kinds of fun. Everyone was in character so perfectly. :D
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
reiji_kiryu
Getting the hang of this...

Post by reiji_kiryu »

A friend of mine who works with Funimation went as Rei Ayanami, and she's always INCREDIBLY deep in character. The first time I saw her at the con was during the Funimation panel- she was taking photographs. I was actually worried at first as she looked really gloomy and antisocial, but realized upon seeing her do a small hop off the podium and flinch as she landed that I was watching a master cosplayer in action.
CapnMaxwell
I'm new!

Post by CapnMaxwell »

one of my good friends was cosplaying Major General Armstrong.she was REALLY in char.to the point that she made me and Sexy Lt. Havoc switch sides from Roy Mustangs side. to this day i still have her in my phone as Major General Armstrong.