How do you feel now that it's over?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I made this thread after the last 2 Anime Boston's, so I'll make another one.

How do you feel now that the convention is over?

Personally, I'm not as depressed this year as I used to be because I am going to the New England Fan Experience again in 6 months and I met a lot of great friends at the convention too. :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Nosut
Veteran Poster

Post by Nosut »

Sad....This was my first con and I had a lot of fun. I regret that I was as reserved and shy about it as I was but I didnt know what to expect so while I did cosplay I still did not know how to react to a lot of things.

Otherwise though it was a blast and I honestly can not wait a whole year to go again so Im looking at other cons in the area like connecticon.

It is addictingly fun. The only problem I ran into was....my legs hurt....like seriously enough that they nearly buckled on me a few times walking. I failed to plan the first day right and ended up just walking....and walking....and walking. lol. I did maybe a few dozen laps around the convention center within half the first day and it hurt me for the rest of the time there. So now I know better.
Deany Kong
Experienced Poster

Post by Deany Kong »

It was fun, but I'm quite disappointed now. It was such a quick happening...

Now I know how my girlfriend feels! *Rimshot*

I think I'm gonna try to find another Con to go to this summer, though I already shaved my Rob Lucci hair off. :P
2008: Rob Lucci | 2009: Rob Lucci | 2010: Walter
2011: Gary Oak | 2012: Gary Oak | 2013: Tony Stark
2014: Space Dandy | 2015: Space Dandy | 2016: Crocodile
2017: Grown-up who feels to old to cosplay. | 2018: Grown-up who feels to old to cosplay.
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

great memories, but im sad that it's over, fastest ive ever seen 3 days go by
DuckTapeBunny
AB Alumni

Post by DuckTapeBunny »

Like a Zombie, I've got the worst Con-Hangover ever. x3

It's sad to see another AB go by, it's really a good time. But we always have AB2010 to look forward to and '09 shenanigans to reminisce of.
Chamelion117
Expert Poster

Post by Chamelion117 »

In short, it just went by too fast for me. This was my 3rd con of all time and second AB. No real regrets, though. :)

After you get home on the last day and recognize its over you recall all the fun you had, though living in the moment you may not have realized it. Then you wish you could go back and do it again- And I totally agree on feeling like you've been too reserved after the fact, I think everybody feels a bit of that at some point, especially if it's been awhile since you've been to a con.

I'll keep this in mind when I get to Anime Expo this year. Can't afford to miss a moment these days.

As for tired legs, yea I got that too, despite thinking I was in "good" shape. It could have been a lot worse for me, though- Dr. Scholls Massaging Gel Insoles FTW. "You Gellin'?"
acid_fusion51
Veteran Poster

Post by acid_fusion51 »

yeah it seemed to take forever yet sometimes just fly by until the time of AB
then that just went by so fast.
Very sad its over but i enjoyed myself so much so it was great. Cant wait to 2010 Ab and will be trying to go to the Anime experience thing in the fall to kill my time and perhaps test some of my cosplay outifts
keyworkforcoheed
I'm new!

Post by keyworkforcoheed »

2010 is going to be even better but i would go agian if it came sooner
Spike Spiegel
Veteran Poster

Post by Spike Spiegel »

Sunday night I was sad, then Monday, my last day in
Boston was a bit sadder. But I was happy to see a few cosplayers on my way out and an Ichigo at the
train station. So, I may or may not go to
Otakon and ConnectiCon is not so far away. That'll
make me feel better.
0b5cur3 N3k0 T3rr0r
Veteran Poster

Post by 0b5cur3 N3k0 T3rr0r »

I find that it did go bye quite fast. There were some periods of time where it was dragging a lil for me though. I think just cuz there was so much to do, and i was just exhausted from walking between panels and what not.

It was my first year doing the full weekend, and I'm sad it's over. It was pretty amazing though.
I made some friends at the dances and hopefully I can gather up some of the other Poi kids there to teach them some new stuff for next year.

I'm kinda sad I wasn't more outspoken and that I didn't really make too many friends at the con.
there's always Next year though.
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

I'd be a bit depressed if I didn't feel so awuful being sick now. DX
birdboy2000
Experienced Poster

Post by birdboy2000 »

I regret not going to more panels - I wandered too much, and didn't even really get cool conversations or con!friends out of it.

I'm also inspired to check out a few mech series (that panel owned) and make myself a better costume.
5th_Division_Captain
Veteran Poster

Post by 5th_Division_Captain »

I'm still kinda feelin' some post-con blues...

But I really had a great time as it was my first year at AB! At least I'll be going to Connecticon in about 2 months and back to AB in about 10 months!!!!
Kyla_Ewens
Expert Poster

Post by Kyla_Ewens »

Sad! I'm very sad. My boyfriend came out from Ohio to go with me this year. He went back home yesterday. T_T Even though I missed the Masq, this was the best Anime Boston ever!
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

im disappointed i missed the so you think you can dance anime on friday and the cheating speaking japanese thing on not sure which day
Salith
Obsessed Poster

Post by Salith »

depressed, I didn't have as much fun as I did last year :/ cept for a few things, (but that's because I was trying to keep the friend I was with happy...oh on another note, if you can go to a con by yourself or bring a friend who only somewhat likes anime, go with the first, otherwise you will end up not having as much fun as you can.)

Next year I can't wait. I need to figure out my cosplay!
chibisara
Expert Poster

Post by chibisara »

As I was leaving for the T right after AB, I really felt sad. It went so fast! It was like I was moving a mile a minute and it's already over!

I can't wait for next year! Also, have a few cons between now and then to look forward to.
'12: Koakuma - the smallest of the devils
Pugilist Manifesto
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Pugilist Manifesto »

Post Con Depression. Blegh. I miss it so much... Sadly, I didn't really make any friends this year.

For AB10, I'm definitely going to have to get a hotel. I hate missing out on all of those extra hours that I COULD be otherwise enjoying. If only the trains ran all night. ;[
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

This was my first anime convention. I've been to art ones before but come on! This one totally tops the cake. I wish it was longer than three days and I'm antsy for the next AB (don't have the money to attend another anytime soon). And now I know what to expect so I will come armed and ready for next year...so to speak.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

[quote]if you can go to a con by yourself or bring a friend who only somewhat likes anime, go with the first, otherwise you will end up not having as much fun as you can.[/quote]

i agree AB is even fun when your doing it alone, besides you'll probably make a ton of friends at con anyways, i know i made a few

also bring friends who are night owls, (aka willing to stay up as late as you can before you have to ride the last train home) if you don't have a hotel room, because otherwise your friends, like mine will be tired around 9-10 and they'll want to leave, and you'll have to go too, thereby missing out on all the fun nightstuff
Salith
Obsessed Poster

Post by Salith »

[quote=Lawliet][quote]if you can go to a con by yourself or bring a friend who only somewhat likes anime, go with the first, otherwise you will end up not having as much fun as you can.[/quote]

i agree AB is even fun when your doing it alone, besides you'll probably make a ton of friends at con anyways, i know i made a few

also bring friends who are night owls, (aka willing to stay up as late as you can before you have to ride the last train home) if you don't have a hotel room, because otherwise your friends, like mine will be tired around 9-10 and they'll want to leave, and you'll have to go too, thereby missing out on all the fun nightstuff[/quote]

Yea, we went to the dance/dance friday night and she's not into anime music so after a half hour she wanted to leave. of course i couldn't let her go by herself so i had to go *sigh* Next year unless I make an awesome new anime loving friend nearby I will be going to anime boston by myself :D
shyguy

Post by shyguy »

Well I feel happy that it all went great!
But sad about how [color:red]SHY[/color] i was, since it was my first con and didn't know anything about them! I wanted to take pics of everyone but just chickened out.

Next time im freaking taking pics of everyone that walks by me XD Seeing how now everyone is looking for their own pics... SAD
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Relieved.
VoD
Expert Poster

Post by VoD »

On Sunday, and the day after I was dying from Conwithdrawal symptoms. But, now I'm alright. I have CTcon in about 2 months, and then in November I have AAC. I'll be good. :3
SlAyErPaTh
Dedicated Poster

Post by SlAyErPaTh »

For me, this is a learning experience than a fun one. I'm not saying this year was terrible but it made me learn a lot about staying for the weekend at AB. And to also not carry more than one bag with clothing and items or else it will get stolen.
Tochian

Post by Tochian »

i'm going through withdraw, as usual. i actually got physically sick, lol!
i'm very sad. i miss the love from strangers and constant hugging.

i learned to bring a backpack. ._.
ahaa.
Kuma
Experienced Poster

Post by Kuma »

I always get the post con depression, its such a great time. I really wish this was 4 days. Id also like to go to more cons but sadly cant find anyone to go with. Ive wanted to try CTcon but heard it isnt as fun and Otakon but id really like to go with friends. Heres to next year I guess
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

well... sorta back to normal...

I was rely excited for the con, as it is the only one iv ever gone to (might change that this year). I do regret not finding that girl i was tlaking to in line again, but probibly wont anyway.

unfotinatly, its back to school work for me if I wont to graguate in 4 years... i have to tack summer corses cus there are too many to fit into the normal scegual.... im still in con mode, so i dont rely wont to do homework.... ironicly i have a test today.

I got to see a bunch of people i know from home and from collage, and I was rely excited that a copel of people recognized me (3...) and I had 2 pics tacken of me..... witch is better then last year cus no one knew what i was and no pics.....

theres aparently a convention I can walk to from my collage, not another anime convention or somehitng like that... newhampsher...

I thignk its an addiction... hmm.. is that helthy... probibly not....
PockyPham
Experienced Poster

Post by PockyPham »

[color:blue]rawrrr ! i didnt wanna leave at alll Ox i only went Saturday though ]; but i stayed til a bit over 12 after the dance :D sheeesh thattt was thee most wonderfullest Saturday everrrrrr !!! :D i cant wait for next year !! <333 whoooo ! iLOVE ANiMEBOSTON ! [/color]
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

i miss the strangers and free hugs too, i also miss the caramelldansen, and constant yellings of marco and THE GAME
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

mhm, Anime Boston is like a drug, that you can only get 3 days a year.
Side effects are:
only 5 hours of sleep or less a night, sometimes none.
usually eating very little, i only had 4 small meals during all 3 days combined.
sudden disappearance of cash
sudden increase in number of items you have to bring home
a depression crash afterwards that leaves you wanting more
a feeling of cannot wait until the next AB/con or next time you can cosplay
possible side effect: cosplaying/partial cosplaying just cuz u miss it, I drew orochimaru's curse mark on my neck today
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Lawliet]mhm, Anime Boston is like a drug, that you can only get 3 days a year.
Side effects are:
usually eating very little, i only had 4 small meals during all 3 days combined.
possible side effect: cosplaying/partial cosplaying just cuz u miss it, I drew orochimaru's curse mark on my neck today [/quote]

Yes, I know what you mean... I put up my hair like Roy's today, I had the time... I was sick so...
JReckers
AB Staff

Post by JReckers »

[quote=coolforever]How do you feel now that the convention is over?[/quote]

From the mind of one who staffs both Anime Boston and Otakon:

OH GOD OTAKON'S IN >6 WEEKS OH EM GEE >.<
Jeff Reckers
Special Projects 2019
Chamelion117
Expert Poster

Post by Chamelion117 »

Ditto that. Beginning symptoms of light chest congestion here. This happened to me after GDC so I didn't waste any time. Been slamming Mucinex 1600mg on the 12 hour limit since I got home. Feeling tired but much clearer already.

Rest assured I'll be smelling heavily of GermX all throughout Anime Expo this year!
DarkOmega87
Experienced Poster

Post by DarkOmega87 »

I miss it, Had a lot of fun. This being my first year that I went didnt do everything I wanted to but I did have fun.

Next year for sure going, trying to get a hotel and a cosplay going ( since i didn't do it this year)

But I did had so much fun in the karaoke room
Anime Boston 2017
Gaius from tales of xilia 2
Threads

Post by Threads »

I feel better prepared for '10. For one thing, I'm bringing more cash for the T. My dogs were barking the entire weekend. Also, I'm putting more into my cosplay, expect great things.
VenomeBat
I'm new!

Post by VenomeBat »

I used to get really bad con withdrawel after conventions when I was younger but not this year now I just have to rush my wallet to the ER because I ended up spending way to much money on Gloomy Bears. But all in all nothing really it was a good time i really liked being part of it again but I'm not too broken up about it
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

Con withdrawal (or con depression as I like to call it) is horrible. It sucks having to go back to the non-con world.
Cave
AB Staff

Post by Cave »

It was nice to finally get a good night's sleep again! But now I can't wait for the next one. It was so much fun this year! I made a lot of new friends I can't wait to see again. ^_^

My feet hurt all weekend. I think they are very happy now. xD

Now my boyfriend and I will watch all the anime we bought!! And I'll read all my manga and hopefully learn some more Japanese. ^^
Heather Auxier
Karaoke Co-coordinator 2023-2024
Karaoke Staff 2010-2022
Registration Staff 2009
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

[quote=Cave]

My feet hurt all weekend. I think they are very happy now. xD[/quote]

My feet were so angry with me by Sunday. It was horrible.
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

[quote=Lawliet]mhm, Anime Boston is like a drug, that you can only get 3 days a year.
Side effects are:
possible side effect: cosplaying/partial cosplaying just cuz u miss it, I drew orochimaru's curse mark on my neck today [/quote]

the inital ones sonde like collage...

my back hert... was in a trenchoat that was a bit too small for me...
InvaderFlak
Expert Poster

Post by InvaderFlak »

I had a great time. I feel a bit sad, but mostly relieved/tired/happy. This was because this year was such an improvement over the last one.

Why 2008 sucked for me:
-Prereg line=5 hours
-Girlfriend's reg line=9 hours
-Panels attended=1.5 (half of the plushie weapons one and something else)
-Things purchased= 1 shirt that got lost
-Total sushi prices at the marriott= $200+
-No one recognized me
-Massed confusion which left the group splintered and frustrated (no cell reception)

We ALL had a bad time then...the group had trouble speaking to each other for a while afterward.

This year:
-Prereg line=2 minutes (everyone in group)
-Panels attended=lots (Sake facts, con zombie survival, Laura Bailey, toons, etc.)
-Things purchased= HIPPIE WHOMPING HELMET MK. 1, Union of Gurren Lagann's national banner
-Total sushi prices (outside)= Under $100
-People knew my character this time
-Good cell phone reception in the con halls=perfect coordination and planning for everyone

I think this year was more enjoyable. The group did far better, winning free stuff, seeing more events and wearing better costumes. Hell, my feet didn't even blister this time because of the constant photo breaks and new gel insoles. My only regrets were not meeting the giant diglett and missing the masquerade and autograph sessions. Aside from better planning on my part, thanks for the weekend, AB!

TL;DR: 2008 was 2/10, 2009 gets an 8/10
Roessen
Veteran Poster

Post by Roessen »

I dunno... I don't feel depressed, or at least, not because it's over, but it's more like...

I dunno. I'm not sure how to describe it.

On Friday I spent most of the day cosplaying as a character only 3-4 people recognized, Saturday I wasn't able to do much of anything due to illness and the masquerade, and Sunday I had to leave much earlier than planned, due to illness. And on both nights I got no sleep, due to my friends talking loudly and playing Battle Moon Wars, which practically only has three songs that don't stop. (Not only that, I was sleeping on the floor.) On Friday I saw a small amount of cosplayers I would've liked to talk to a bit more and try to befriend, but due to my shyness I kinda just shuffled away after asking for a hug or complimenting the costume. Thinking that I might just meet them later, I decided that I would try to gather my courage for the other days.

whoopslol

I guess I could say that I couldn't wait to leave, but not because of the con itself.

(I complain a lot.)
I PLAY GW2 DO YOU PLAY GW2 LET'S TALK GW2 STUFF YAY
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-3096
NNID: Roessen
PM if you added me!
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Chamelion117]Ditto that. Beginning symptoms of light chest congestion here. This happened to me after GDC so I didn't waste any time. Been slamming Mucinex 1600mg on the 12 hour limit since I got home. Feeling tired but much clearer already.

Rest assured I'll be smelling heavily of GermX all throughout Anime Expo this year![/quote]

I've already missed two days of school and my character had gloves... rest assured, if anyone needs Germ-X at AAC....
zerosama
Expert Poster

Post by zerosama »

after walking in heels for 3 days straight, me legs may never be the same again XD

ow. ;-;
Spike Spiegel
Veteran Poster

Post by Spike Spiegel »

[quote=Kuma]I always get the post con depression, its such a great time. I really wish this was 4 days. Id also like to go to more cons but sadly cant find anyone to go with. Ive wanted to try CTcon but heard it isnt as fun and Otakon but id really like to go with friends. Heres to next year I guess[/quote]

CTCon is good, it wouldn't hurt to try one day. I'm on CTCon Staff and I'm trying to help get
some Anime good titles in. But if you don't want to come it's okay, Otakon will be really fun and I hope to go this year too. They are doing VA
Workshops with Tony Oliver!
TimmE

Post by TimmE »

i feel sad :(
you get such a good feeling being there. just the energy from everyone having a good time and hangin out with your friends mm @ least we have pics!
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

I thingk its the fact that I feel ocword in stores when im buying that much manga... but at a convetion other by far buy more then me....

or anime... it dosent help that one of the chepest places that I buy anime puts it below the hentia... and im tall... <_<

anyone know a con in newhampser... iv heard theres one near my collage that i can walk to... I live in mass but collage = newhampsher (it actly drives me crazey cus of the small diferances)
Spike Spiegel
Veteran Poster

Post by Spike Spiegel »

I think Another Anime Con is in New Hampshire, while BakuretsuCon is in Vermont. I seem to get the
two mixed up sometimes, but these two cons are in the fall.
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

Ah. Im at DWC, witch is on the same street, so i might walk to it... as are some of my friends... that will be funny for passerbyes...