How do you feel now that it's over?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Post by Irken Hawk »

[quote=Zelda_Geek_467]I thingk its the fact that I feel ocword in stores when im buying that much manga... but at a convetion other by far buy more then me....

or anime... it dosent help that one of the chepest places that I buy anime puts it below the hentia... and im tall... <_<

anyone know a con in newhampser... iv heard theres one near my collage that i can walk to... I live in mass but collage = newhampsher (it actly drives me crazey cus of the small diferances)[/quote]

There's a convention called Another Anime Con in Nashua, it's in November this year. You should come. Me and the dolphin guy are going.
satchansays
Experienced Poster

Post by satchansays »

I'm so depressed that AB is over. it happens every year and takes at least a month to snap out of, hahaha. I mean it was more than a year of waiting since AB'08, and all of a sudden it's gone again! D: goes by too fast.

and 4 days after, I've got reference pictures printed out so I can start work on my next cosplay. woo. xD
Hakkyou1403
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Hakkyou1403 »

To be honest, I feel very sad. It was fun and everything, but it just didn't last long enough. I had such a good time and I'm not really fond of my home life, so it was kind of like leaving my real home and going to school for another year. But there will be many more cons to come, so I'm not too broken up :)
Larielle
Veteran Poster

Post by Larielle »

*tear* SAYONARA, AB09~!

I had fun and got to do (most) of what I wanted! I tried to have as much fun as possible since there's a chance I may not be able to attend AB again for four years ;;

If all goes according to plan, I'll be out of the country this time next year as well as the year after studying abroad, and AB12 might interfere with graduation (as it did with this year's). :blush: [strike](YOWZERS, I'll be out of college then... t-that feels like forever!)[/strike]
Zelda_Geek_113
Experienced Poster

Post by Zelda_Geek_113 »

awsome. I love november- not only my birthday month, but i jest like the air... dont know if that makes sents.... hope to see ya there

Is it bad that I was at a graduation serimny today, and out of the corner of my eye, I kept seeing cospalyers when it happend to be people dressed up... and in the lines... I kept cheking my "costume".. witch was the dress shirt i was waring... and i couldent find the stuff I was looking for cus it was on my cospaly jaket...

and i read manga during the speches (was my sisters graduation, I whent throuhgt it last year so I know everyhitng thats being sayed...)
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Post by Shinden »

'twas my first con. I don't know how I am going to return to normal life after being in a centre filled with such nice people and feeling like it was okay to be the weeaboo for the first time in my life!

I miss being there, the centre was so great and everything I needed was in the mall(XCEPT BATTERIES DX).

And I became so obsessive that I made a countdown clock! XD

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html ... AB%20%2710
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
FrigidAverus

Post by FrigidAverus »

It's definitely sad that it's over. My friends and I all had a blast and I know we all got to do what we wanted to do. I went last time in '07 for Saturday and I was with someone who only partially liked anime so it was a bit hard but this year with my girlfriend and my best friend who both love it as much as I do I couldn't ask for anything more :)

Due to money we won't be able to go to another con until Genericon (tiny little con that's at a nearby collage in Upstate NY) but can't wait for AB10! Gonna be planning a bit more elaborate cosplays and possibly signing up for the Masq!

Met a lot of nice people, next year will be awesome <3
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

I was so busy I barely got to do most of the things I normally do. I feel much more complete after this year though.
SavannahBanana13
Experienced Poster

Post by SavannahBanana13 »

I'm pretty sad that it's over (it was my first convention too), but hey! At least I got to go and have an awesome time!
2009 - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
2010 - Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)
2011 - Erik (the Phantom of the Opera)
2012 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2013 - Double D (Ed Edd N Eddy)
2014 - Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

2015 possibilities
-Yoko Littner (Gurren Lagann)
-fem!Izaya (Durarara)
-Girlycard (Hellsing: The Dawn)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SavannahElizabethPaul
Twitter: @savannah_paul
Tumblr & Instagram: somechicknamedsavannah
Random_Otaku
Expert Poster

Post by Random_Otaku »

I'm really sad since my old friends from high school meet up each year to go, but we rarely see each other out side the con these days. Those three days are pretty much the closest thing we have to re-experiencing our high school days.
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

I miss the people I meet and some events I wanted to do, but I can still keep in contact with them and I did get to the Masq and Cosplay Chess, so its all good :content: . Heres to next year!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
Renzokuken
Expert Poster

Post by Renzokuken »

Sad, depressed, and anxious for the next convention. This year was great, I actually had a lot more fun than last year. And I met many new people that I hope to keep in touch with. *sniffle* I miss walking down the halls with huge wings on and Riku as my bodyguard/bouncer T_T

*ahem* Anyway, I'm already planning way in advance for next year. But for now I think I'll focus on closer events ^^;
AB2012 Planned Cosplays

- Lady (Devil May Cry 3)
- Gijinka Oki (Okami)
- Disgaea Thief (Disgaea 2)
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

[quote=Renzokuken]Sad, depressed, and anxious for the next convention. This year was great, I actually had a lot more fun than last year. And I met many new people that I hope to keep in touch with. *sniffle* I miss walking down the halls with huge wings on and Riku as my bodyguard/bouncer T_T

*ahem* Anyway, I'm already planning way in advance for next year. But for now I think I'll focus on closer events ^^;[/quote]

I miss Anime Boston so much T__T I had the insane urge to wear my Edward costume to school on Monday but I couldn't ;___; I've already started planning for next year and i'm improving my Edward costume. Awesome, fully functioning metal automail arm and leg, here I come <33

and as much spending money as possible. I'm definitely cutting way down on my manga purchases, I can get it all at AB! (except FMA, but that's cause I loves my edo-kun <33) I felt so really awesomely cool at Ab and made so many awesome friends and now i'm just another geek/nerd (who will one day inherit the earth). It's depressing. *sigh* My friends and I on Monday at school just kinda sat at our table and stared at each other like, "Now what?". It's going to be a long 10 months v.v
Effyness
Determined Poster

Post by Effyness »

Well, obviously, I feel sad and depressed and stuff. But, for some reason, my post-con depression this year isn't as bad as last year. I think it's because AB '08 was my first con, and I left feeling like I didn't do as much as I could've. This year was different. I spent little time in lines and more time enjoying myself. And surprisingly, even though I didn't buy much, I'm feeling pretty good about not blowing all my money on stuff I knew I have no room for. XD So yeah, it's probably because I made the most out of this con.

I have to say, though, starting preparations for AB '10 helps post-con depression GREATLY. Seeing as the only other con I'll be going to this year is NEFE (I can't get to a con out of the state), I don't have to worry about feeling rushed. And next year, I plan to ACTUALLY cosplay.

But I agree with what people are saying. Anime Boston is like a little slice of heaven for people like me, and it's sad when it ends. No where else can I find such awesome people and make friends in two seconds.
PinkHairedWonder
Determined Poster

Post by PinkHairedWonder »

[quote=Effyness]
I have to say, though, starting preparations for AB '10 helps post-con depression GREATLY. Seeing as the only other con I'll be going to this year is NEFE (I can't get to a con out of the state), I don't have to worry about feeling rushed.[/quote]

Me too. I have tons of stuff to do for next AB, but it's like 10 months away. So I'm in no hurry. I'll work on my cosplays over the summer...

[quote=Effyness]But I agree with what people are saying. Anime Boston is like a little slice of heaven for people like me, and it's sad when it ends. No where else can I find such awesome people and make friends in two seconds. [/quote]

And then you miss them all terribly when you leave...
stray-x
Veteran Poster

Post by stray-x »

I had a great time working in the Artist Alley at Anime Boston! It was great meeting so many people! I can't wait for next year!
Luckily, I didn't get the chance to experience con depression since I went to A-Kon the weekend after. (@_@) Now I'm just recovering from both cons!
kungfutornado

Post by kungfutornado »

All good things must end I suppose... =[
but I wish I could have stayed at the dance longer
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

Still not depressed, I'm still getting over whatever I got from it... so everything's a blur.
marcus81884
Veteran Poster

Post by marcus81884 »

well this is a little late but i was good sad too that it was over too i all so had the after Con-Hangover too i was sick as a dog after it
djrio
Expert Poster

Post by djrio »

I feel like i cant wait 4 2010
Yammark
Determined Poster

Post by Yammark »

[quote=djrio]I feel like i cant wait 4 2010[/quote]

Same here!!!!!!!!
Yamma!
smallbutmighty

Post by smallbutmighty »

I second that!
AB'in since 08

2012: Little-kid Yin from Darker Than Black
Anime Freak 1234
Veteran Poster

Post by Anime Freak 1234 »

(this is the first time i have been able to remember my password so that is why it took me so long) i am so mad, i either had the choice to go camping in vermont or ab, and i went to vermont, and ended up being misrable because i was sick, i beleive that the anime gods had laid a curse apon me
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

When I woke up on Sunday (I didn't go Sunday...didn't have a ride there T^T) I felt as if a part of my very being had just died
leah2255
I'm new!

Post by leah2255 »

Well, it almost very sad. Every time when a convention is over, no matter how i hate that place before i felt sad.
I r Legend
Expert Poster

Post by I r Legend »

Overall, I didn't have AS GOOD OF a time as I did in 2008. The Pillows in 08 really set the bar for Anime Boston, so it was hard to really enjoy myself as times prior. I had a little more money but not much, I usually just lurked around and socialized with people.

My only problem: Please let's get a better musical guest for AB '10. I mean Kalafina is alright...but it was just nothing I was excited for. If other conventions can get bands such as Rentrer En Soi, Daizystripper, MUCC, etc etc. then we should be able to do better. I'm sure we can.

Other then my one problem (as described above) I can happily say that I did thoroughly enjoy myself at AB 09. Especially waiting in line at 6 AM which brings back some good memories.
bloodstainedavenger
Expert Poster

Post by bloodstainedavenger »

Depressed. >_> I had a ton of fun. :3

I am going to NEFE, though, so that may help with con deprivation. XD
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

I feel like I'm already falling behind on my cosplay for next years con. lol Even though it's 7 1/2 months away :P
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Yammark
Determined Poster

Post by Yammark »

[quote=Nenie]I feel like I'm already falling behind on my cosplay for next years con. lol Even though it's 7 1/2 months away :P[/quote]

Thank god!
I thought I was the only one.... I went 2 times without cosplay, 1 time I was curiouse, 2nd time I didnt get a costume together in time.
Yamma!
CapnMaxwell
I'm new!

Post by CapnMaxwell »

i was reading these responses and noticing that for alot of you this was your first con....dont despair! there are way more cons and you'll go to more.ive done my research and if i had the money/time i could go to a con every month.and thats just on the east coast!!! but i hear ya on the PCD (Post Con Depression) i get it for a week after every con.it cant be avoided. the way you combat it is look at all your pictures and talk to all your new friends and then after a few days you move on. re-enter the world.sucks but it must be done. so any of you going to AAC this november?
Rhymenkyo

Post by Rhymenkyo »

I never thought I'd be depressed but it was my first con and I was depressed for like a month before I was distracted by my upcoming birthday...

I love being able to rewatching everything on youtube however it makes me want to cry sometimes.

I'm fully over it now tho cause i'm looking at cosplay for next year (even tho ill only be there for 2 days) and my friends and I even have a skit ready to be entered in the masqu. So we're all excited for the upcoming Convention despite it being 6 months away :p
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

:( WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

:D

What do you think?
Cirno The Ice Fairy
Expert Poster

Post by Cirno The Ice Fairy »

-fairly depressed-
I'm kinda sad that it's all over. I had so much fun, despite it being my first Anime con. I feel regretful because I was only into Pokemon at the time and I wasn't willing to try out new mangas/animes. 2010 will be different. I hope.
That time when I saw someone fully dressed in a Lucario costume, well, I was starting to feel at home. When I told my friend she jumped up and down. Literally.

Well, on the bright side:
AB2010 IS ONLY A HALF YEAR AWAY. YAY.

I have plenty of time to make my first cosplay |D
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

always want it to be next year con time weeee
i been going to anime boston since 2004
Endsong

Post by Endsong »

I've been going for several years now, and it's always sad that it has to end - 10,000 crazy folks just like me in one spot I can be with! I'll see you folks in April :cool:
TorraYamatachi
I'm new!

Post by TorraYamatachi »

[color:green]Wish I had germ-x at AAC! I got sick there! :thumbdown: lol[/color]
ReploidFox

Post by ReploidFox »

Well, it's never too long in between cons, as soon as it's over, suddenly it's coming up again.