Hugs!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

I got 5 Yuna hugs.
A super rare Amy Rose hug,
And 2 others.
Thats good because I only semi-tried this year... last year I got more and better yunie hugs though, sorry if I offend... but Amy Rose hugs!! and someone gave me a really good hug at one point...
I think that I should make some sort of point system for hugs. heh ^.^
Yamma!
RC
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by RC »

I, regrettably, was not very good with asking for hugs. Never been... a hug person...
...if I was asked, I did.

I got a hug from a Riza Hawkeye and a hug from Winrey Rockbel (needed one after she forgave me).
Zeath
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Zeath »

When I was Kyoya I kept track of the number of hugs I got. Ended with 20 XD

As Fox though I didn't really keep count, though it was a lot :)
Past AB cosplays:
Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo, Kakashi, Fox McCloud, Kyoya Ootori, Light Yagami, Snow Villiers, Hisagi Shuuhei, Sosuke Aizen
Planned cosplays:
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 1)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
Sans (Undertale)
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

awww... 'tis a shame.
hugs makes everyone feel more welcome,
Well Mar(l)ik from the abridged is just one hug you wanna avoid.
Yamma!
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

Great to hear.
Something furry on you is a good luck charm for hugs.
Hugs chear everyone up. : )
Yamma!
hika-chan658
Experienced Poster

Hugs!

Post by hika-chan658 »

the ouran host club + howl and other characters were giving out hugs on the second floor on saturday. we had so much fun XD
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

awww Did I get hugs from you/friends?.... I forgets...
Yamma!
zarchasm
Experienced Poster

Hugs!

Post by zarchasm »

I promised to hug every guy i saw in a guy fawkes mask, and i did ;]
Kvalla
Getting the hang of this...

Hugs!

Post by Kvalla »

I wanted a hug from the upside-down umbrella guy, but I regret not being able to do so.. u.u
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

Maw, its a shame.... I hope good hugs for everyone next con.
Yamma!
RC
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by RC »

[quote=Yammark]awww... 'tis a shame.
Well Mar(l)ik from the abridged is just one hug you wanna avoid. [/quote]

Ah, correction! Hughes technically hugged me when attacking me with pictures for a good 5-6 minutes.
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Synaizen »

I got a hug from a random Rock Lee, a ton of people @ the Bleach shoot, and some random Aizen fangirl that hugged me and my other friend dressed up as Aizen. I said "I love you too, sweetie" and she freaked.
birdboy2000
Experienced Poster

Hugs!

Post by birdboy2000 »

I got a couple from free hugs people on the last day of the con, and I think one person hugged me after I held up my digivice and made it clear who I was. XD
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Lawliet »

all this hug talk has given me a new idea, next year, im gonna hug everyone in 1 long line i find lol
Cake_Nya
Obsessed Poster

Hugs!

Post by Cake_Nya »

haha I know that guy. He's a good friend of mine. XD He went to the con with me and a couple of my friends. His name's Jamie. He felt left out that he didn't have a costume so the umbrella was his cosplay. XDDD
AB '13
Enjolras [Les Mis] with my fabulous group
Ace_of_Tails
Expert Poster

Hugs!

Post by Ace_of_Tails »

I gave out lolipops to all the girls that hugged me (was Stein from Soul Eater).
Kineticka

Hugs!

Post by Kineticka »

I was wandering around as Roxas, and made it a point to hug every Axel that I saw. And I received hugs from anyone who asked, which was quite a few. :) My favorite hug, though, was before I was even in costume. I had just gotten off the elevator after checking into my hotel and was about to head to my room with all my luggage, and someone gasps at my keyblades and asks for a hug. I was so happy. I was in Boston for under a half hour, and I'd already hugged a stranger. It was bound to be a good weekend.

I normally give better hugs, but it is terribly difficult to hug someone while safely holding two keyblades! I had to make do with holding both in one hand and giving a strange one-armed squeeze.

Those of you who caught me in Sleepytime Pajama Roxas got the good hugs. :)
faygo5000

Hugs!

Post by faygo5000 »

so after 4 years of con-going, i finally got asked for a hug. it did actually brighten my day. so, thanks Companion Cube girl. :)
Irken Hawk
Expert Poster

Hugs!

Post by Irken Hawk »

I got a few hugs, like every year. Free hugs are awesome. :3
Mutantfish
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Mutantfish »

I refused all hugs for most of the con starting on Thursday night while I was in line for Chinese food. The huggers started early. >_>;

I only voluntarily hugged Italy and Polar Bear (does it have a name?) at the end of the con on Sunday. Well, Polar Bear wasn't voluntarily as she caught me offguard, but she got a hug.
hooyeah
Experienced Poster

Hugs!

Post by hooyeah »

um i was renji abori with the zabimaru sword. i got stoped and huged every corner . people huged me infront of me then ran up behind me and huged me..... omg i lost track on the number of hugs i got.
Nosut
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Nosut »

This was my first con and I was not to sure on how to go about hugs when I first got there (I cosplayed alucard pics in my sig).

So on friday I didnt try to hug anyone but a very few people asked for a hug so of course I gave them a hug.

Then saturday I was a little more use to it but then all of a sudden I was standing in a hellsing photoshoot and I get hit from behind. I thought someone had like hit me until I noticed the arms still attached to me around me. So I turned around and sure enough was an akatsuki member hugging me saying she loved all vampires. So everyone gave her a hug and she left. lol.

Then sunday I saw a few people with free hug signs and decided that I would hug any and everyone that had a sign.

It was a lot of fun. At first I didnt know what people wanted when they walked right at me hands kinda open for a hug so I had tryed dodging them lol. Then I got use to it and ended up hugging more people then I can remember.
Instant Bacon
I'm new!

Hugs!

Post by Instant Bacon »

I think the only hug I remember specifically getting was from someone in the Dealer's Room randomly charging at and glomping me, lol. I was cosplaying at the time and the goggles I were wearing made me not notice right away.
Pencil-Hands
Expert Poster

Hugs!

Post by Pencil-Hands »

I got a whole ton of hugs, which I LOVE. I was in the fullsuit Umbreon pokesuit.

Including two incidents with my friends from school:

My friend Chris, who is not a fan of "furries" walks up from behind me and is petting my back saying, "I hope this is the right Umbreon, otherwise this would be very awkward..." So I turned around and gave him a hug.

The other was I was walking around the Dealer's Room and my friend Pat runs and glomps me from behind. I was used to it, but didn't know it was him, so when I turned around I was really happy so I jumped on him and was doing a koala-hug-thing blowing kisses like a princess/queen while he supported me. XD

Some other funny incidents happened on Sunday out in the park area in which I was "stolen", picked up like a sack of potatoes, and then given a piggy-back ride (the piggy-back ride was by a Kenpachi. It was awesome).

SOOOO much fun. I love affection.
Zeath
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Zeath »

[quote=Pencil-Hands]I got a whole ton of hugs, which I LOVE. I was in the fullsuit Umbreon pokesuit.

Including two incidents with my friends from school:

My friend Chris, who is not a fan of "furries" walks up from behind me and is petting my back saying, "I hope this is the right Umbreon, otherwise this would be very awkward..." So I turned around and gave him a hug.

The other was I was walking around the Dealer's Room and my friend Pat runs and glomps me from behind. I was used to it, but didn't know it was him, so when I turned around I was really happy so I jumped on him and was doing a koala-hug-thing blowing kisses like a princess/queen while he supported me. XD

Some other funny incidents happened on Sunday out in the park area in which I was "stolen", picked up like a sack of potatoes, and then given a piggy-back ride (the piggy-back ride was by a Kenpachi. It was awesome).

SOOOO much fun. I love affection.[/quote]

You were my final hug before I had to leave the convention. :) Right after the friends I went up with ditched me there to go pack about 7 blocks away too, so that ended the con for me on a good note. :D
Past AB cosplays:
Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo, Kakashi, Fox McCloud, Kyoya Ootori, Light Yagami, Snow Villiers, Hisagi Shuuhei, Sosuke Aizen
Planned cosplays:
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 1)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
Sans (Undertale)
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Hugs!

Post by kazekage_of_the_funk »

i got asked for only one hug...
and i was sephiroth...so i decided to say " I will kill you when im done."
- hug- and than they ran away so i wouldnt murder em XD
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

Ahhh, great to hear everyone so enthusiastic!!!
Vote for me to be a stronger member in the hugging comitee. (I wish... I really do)

-Hugs and Glompses,
Yammark
Yamma!
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

[quote=Yammark]Ahhh, great to hear everyone so enthusiastic!!!
Vote for me to be a stronger member in the hugging comitee. (I wish... I really do)

-Hugs and Glompses,
Yammark[/quote]

I wish there was a hug comitee is what I meant, of course.
I will be walking around, preying for a suitable target of hug... (insert ninja emoticon here).
Yamma!
idioticpi

Hugs!

Post by idioticpi »

I hugged a Death the Kid (symmetrically ;3), some girl that was giving free hugs when I was waiting in line somewhere...oh, and this Naruto that was hugging people in the dealer's room on Sunday. ^O^
Effyness
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Effyness »

Ahhh, hugs. To me, they're one of the best parts of AB. :D My friend asked for a hug from literally EVERYONE she met. Which is pretty amazing, considering this was her first con. XD

I, on the other hand, was slightly shyer this year compared to last year. I can't quite remember all the hugs I got, but I know I hugged a lot of L's, a Ranka at the Karaoke Room, some guy wearing kitty ears, and a LOT of other people. In general, a lot of hugging.

Surprisingly, I still haven't gotten sick. XD
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

"Ahhh, hugs. To me, they're one of the best parts of AB"
Thats what I think, too!!!
^.^
Yamma!
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by kimnamjoon »

[quote=I Am Not Kira][quote=Yammark]awww... 'tis a shame.
Well Mar(l)ik from the abridged is just one hug you wanna avoid. [/quote]

Ah, correction! Hughes technically hugged me when attacking me with pictures for a good 5-6 minutes.[/quote]
I got hugged by that Hughes, too. Epicly. Like 5 times. I got a free picture out of it too!

I tackled glomped a Muraki from Descendants of Darkness, an awesome Kakashi, a Roy, a really cool Edward.. I glomped a Kaoru and Hikaru, too. And, of course, I attacked my friends who went as L and a giant walking Death Note.

And as Edward, i got hugged by practically everyone. At one point I got accosted by like 6-7 girls dressed up as various Sailor Moon characters outside the Dealers Room. It was fun <3
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Hugs!

Post by Kyakins »

[quote=birdboy2000]I got a couple from free hugs people on the last day of the con, and I think one person hugged me after I held up my digivice and made it clear who I was. XD[/quote]

Was it in the dealers room? My friends and I, a total of 4 girls, walked around the dealers room on Sunday saying "what do we want? free hugs", we hugged many people and a lot of them more than once.
*~*~Cosplaying at AB since 2006~*~*

AB 2014 Planned Cosplay (Subject to Change)
Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Prez
Expert Poster

Hugs!

Post by Prez »

I was standing outside the convention center after the con, and some girl came up to me and went "I LOVE YOU AMU-CHAN!!!" Then glomped me and ran off.

I made a point of hugging plenty of people. Especially the people with Free Hug signs.
Yammark
Determined Poster

Hugs!

Post by Yammark »

[quote=Prez]I was standing outside the convention center after the con, and some girl came up to me and went "I LOVE YOU AMU-CHAN!!!" Then glomped me and ran off.

I made a point of hugging plenty of people. Especially the people with Free Hug signs. [/quote]

Ah yes, that very much sounds like a bad case of what we psychologists call the "wild hugger" diagnoses, In such cases many of my esteamed colleagues think is related to the "short story" Syndrom... oh but that was a while ago, So many good times, why in fact I remember how once we had a case of a child with abandonment issues, and just completely forgot we had a patient... man that kid was pissed!
Yamma!