Axis Powers Hetalia Gatherings

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Polarbeargirl
Expert Poster

Post by Polarbeargirl »

Lets have it in the ghettos. :D
lol.

It can be one of those "last person surviving wins" olympics. :B
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

That would be terrible! D:
You really want to run around there in cosplay?! XD
AB 2015:
- Naoko Satomi - The Wind Rises (Friday)
- Lin - Spirited Away (Saturday)
- Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6 (Sunday)

Past: AB 2008 -- present
(Studio Ghibli, Fairy Tail, Pokémon,
Ravenclaw quidditch, Dalton Academy,
Professor Layton, Sfeer Theory,
Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

Post by MooeyDooey »

@Freyawazhere:
Hahahahaha.... fuckkkk yooouuuu~~~ D I do not live in Boston so I dont know many other good places.....

FOR OLYMPICS:
If we DO go through with this idea, planning and stuff.... I would be willing to supply prizes! >D Like, buy cheap metals from Iparty or something. xD Everyone would probably get one in the end for one event or another, but it would be an awesome idea to have cheap plastic metals for winning stuff! >D HAHAHAH!
As for competitions and whatnot, I am sure we can think of PLENTY of good competition ideas! = D
Er..... > n > D If anyone out there is already planning it and you need help... Prussia volonteers? :3
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

[quote=MooeyDooey]
@everyone else:

AS FOR THE JULY 5th THING! The Boston Common worked out REALLY well last time! = D My vote is for having it there again! It is really easy to find and whatnot D I do not live in Boston so I dont know many other good places.....[/quote]
I vote the Common again too.
I do have a few back ups in mind though, as I live near Boston. Although most of them are in my little town, hahaha.

[quote=MooeyDooey]
FOR OLYMPICS:
If we DO go through with this idea, planning and stuff.... I would be willing to supply prizes! >D Like, buy cheap metals from Iparty or something. xD Everyone would probably get one in the end for one event or another, but it would be an awesome idea to have cheap plastic metals for winning stuff! >D HAHAHAH!
As for competitions and whatnot, I am sure we can think of PLENTY of good competition ideas! = D
Er..... > n > D If anyone out there is already planning it and you need help... Prussia volonteers? :3 [/quote]
I'm willing to help organize stuff too. I'm young, but I have a knack for making things work and planning out stuff.
AB 2015:

Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Pink_Witch
Experienced Poster

Post by Pink_Witch »

[quote=MooeyDooey] AS FOR THE JULY 5th THING! The Boston Common worked out REALLY well last time! = D My vote is for having it there again! It is really easy to find and whatnot D I do not live in Boston so I dont know many other good places.....[/quote]

Yes, I think that location was perfect and we should stay there. (I wonder if our United Nations sign is still up?)
It'll be perfect and not a lot of people will be out since they were out for the 4th.

[quote]FOR OLYMPICS:
Er..... > n > D If anyone out there is already planning it and you need help... Prussia volonteers? :3 [/quote]

I'm definitely going to start actually working on this. I could use all the help I could get.
My main idea is to find a ball park or something and get some material for events like, soccer, obstacle course, sack race, cute little games like that.
I like the idea of the medals. I'll make cookies too so that everyone gets a cookie. Once I can get which nations are attending I'll do my best to find each national anthem!
Polarbeargirl
Expert Poster

Post by Polarbeargirl »

yesyesyesyes this sounds so awesome!!! 8DDDD

I have a professional strength button maker at my house, so I can also help with making prizes and fun things. 8DDD

Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Post by Freyawazhere »

[quote=Polarbeargirl]So liek, where would this July 5th thing be? 8D

WE NEED WIDE OPEN SPACES FOR OLY-LIMP-ICS.
Ya know, if that's even what we're doing on the 5th. :>

(I'm sooo not athletic at all. xD but I love thinking of the lulz this could produce.)[/quote]
Your talking to a tent. Russia is to fat to be in the olympics (not to mention wicked outa shape!)
Azira
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Azira »

I have no clue if I'll be able to make it for a July 5th meet, Its such a hectic time =(
BlackDios
I'm new!

Post by BlackDios »

Ah. .China is out of shape too aru.. D:
Too many dumplings aru =3=

Though that seems like fun aru :>
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

We ought to play Capture the Flag(s). XD
Actually, we could modify it so that once your country's flag is stolen, you're out... Still have teams though, just have like, a mountain of flags on each side, or scattered around.
/rambling

Well, I mean, if we're all out of shape, then we're all good. XD Everything's relative~!

And oh no! We need need you Italy~! D:
AB 2015:

Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Azira

Post by Azira »

I wanna go! But that date....Its such a hard time. My parent like havening BBQs and pool parties all week >:

Also I'm way more out of shape then the lot of you! If i walk up a hill I have to make base camp half way and attempt for the summit later.
Siefl
AB Staff

Post by Siefl »

i vote for boston common too. if there isnt much picnic activity from the other people in the common. The cheap toys are always awesome! we need our country flag so we can run around like the reaaallll olympics! D: to the flag shop in kenmore!

And i need to get in shape! im in damn it! but for the date............................................................i'll see again ._.;
Jennifer Marrero
AB Security Shift Supervisor 2019-2022
AB Junior Tech Staff 2018
AB Security Staff 2013-2017
AB Con Attendee 2008-2012
Syiian
Expert Poster

Post by Syiian »

OH HO HOOO.
ALL YOU OUT OF SHAPE COUNTRIES!
GET WITH IT! ITS THE SUMMER!
WORK ON YOUR TANS!
|DD
Davyn
Expert Poster

Post by Davyn »

OH MANNNNN ;__; DOES WANT

I love all you guys for srz. I reaaaally hope there is some way I can go.

Is this definitely going to be on the 5th? My mom wants to have the summer birthday party on that day T_T I really really want to go, because this would be a wonderful [strike]excuse[/strike] motivation to go to the gym everyday for training ;D! That and because you guys all rock some serious international ASS XD!

Hmmm. As far as events go, I'd be all for some baseball :)!
alissa37
Expert Poster

Post by alissa37 »

I'm liking the 5th date, mainly because I'm invading other countries' vital regions at other times. I am majorly selfish. :D
Syiian
Expert Poster

Post by Syiian »

OH.
I FORGOT.
>_____>
NEXT WEEK IS MY BIRTHDAY ( The 16th. )
AND I'M GONNA BE 17.
DON'T FORGET TO WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
♥♥♥
Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Post by Freyawazhere »

[quote=Syiian]OH.
I FORGOT.
>_____>
AND I'M GONNA BE 17.
♥♥♥
[/quote]
oh spain your b-days right around austrias! (mabye i should write you a fic too)
any who for all those who have problems with the 5th well it is the dayd after america's b-day so they're be lots of parties (just imangine all of us non americans in cosplay at 4th of july parties... LOL)so it can be anotehr day
when were all not workin
or have paries or no time
or poison ivy '.';;;
Polarbeargirl
Expert Poster

Post by Polarbeargirl »

[quote=Freyawazhere][quote=Syiian]OH.
I FORGOT.
>_____>
AND I'M GONNA BE 17.
♥♥♥
[/quote]
oh spain your b-days right around austrias! (mabye i should write you a fic too)
any who for all those who have problems with the 5th well it is the dayd after america's b-day so they're be lots of parties (just imangine all of us non americans in cosplay at 4th of july parties... LOL)so it can be anotehr day
when were all not workin
or poison ivy '.';;;[/quote]
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY. 8DDDD !!!

I'm good for the 5th, but I wouldn't object to a different date if it would be better for people. :>

Oh, and I registered for CC! 8D It's a defiante! I'll be there. ;D
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

Woah lots of posts!

1) Wouldn't it be great if we stormed that flag shop in cosplay? That would be quite photo worthy... XD

2) Baseball. *cringe* I suck at anything related to the upper body. I'd take out of shape soccer any day over baseball. But since it's a post-birthday celebration for dear America... I guess I'll live. Dx

3) Spain - Happy early birthday! Do you want a card? I can scan one for you! :D <3

4) Canada - Yaaay! Go have fun at CC in my stead. XD
AB 2015:

Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
SimplyRose
Veteran Poster

Post by SimplyRose »

[quote=Atree]We ought to play Capture the Flag(s). XD
Actually, we could modify it so that once your country's flag is stolen, you're out... Still have teams though, just have like, a mountain of flags on each side, or scattered around.[/quote]
Awesome idea! :D
This sounds like it's going to be so much fun!
As for the common, it sounds to be a pretty good place, but we'll have to be on the watch for the police (they've given cosplayers a hard time there more than once). >>
Anime Boston 2012
Kigurumi!Slowpoke
Battle Royale Contestant
Romeo (Romeo x Juliet)
Delic (DRRR!)

JBA Cosplay
Freyawazhere
Determined Poster

Post by Freyawazhere »

[quote=SimplyRose][quote=Atree]We ought to play Capture the Flag(s). XD
Actually, we could modify it so that once your country's flag is stolen, you're out... Still have teams though, just have like, a mountain of flags on each side, or scattered around.[/quote]
Awesome idea! :D
This sounds like it's going to be so much fun!
As for the common, it sounds to be a pretty good place, but we'll have to be on the watch for the police (they've given cosplayers a hard time there more than once). >>
[/quote]
Hello again sister! Well heres the proof i've gotten to much outa hetalia. So im sitting in Chemistry watching a vid on the chernoble disaster adn im thinking "aww my poor people, the ukranians, bela-russains, russian, i got all sad for all those who were poisoned and died and then rememered. im not russia, or communist adn my famliy (im polish, ukranian, slovakian, and czech) were all out of that area before wwi.... i have the same proplem with cold war documentries, i get annoyed at how the american film makers talked about the russians! im being partiotic towards teh wrong country...
my life is messed up
-_-;;;
Siefl
AB Staff

Post by Siefl »

[quote=Freyawazhere][quote=Syiian]OH.
I FORGOT.
>_____>
AND I'M GONNA BE 17.
♥♥♥
[/quote]
when were all not workin
or poison ivy '.';;;[/quote]

mines on the 19!! :D happy b-day to us both! *high 5's* Hello 15~!

may we also play some soccer? Or maybe even some of our own countries sports?
Jennifer Marrero
AB Security Shift Supervisor 2019-2022
AB Junior Tech Staff 2018
AB Security Staff 2013-2017
AB Con Attendee 2008-2012
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

I know what you mean about too much APH... Our recent history unit focuses on Europe.
EVERY TIME I hear "Prussia," I think of the inappropriate five meters and vital regions jokes that have been glued into my head unwillingly and unintentionally. Dx
Not to mention when we do geography.
"Where's Russia, again?"
"Oh, he's a really tall guy. Likes sunflowers, I suppose. And kinda creepy. A little out of it."
"...WHERE is Russia. I have no idea what you're talking about."
"...Ehehhehheh... My bad.
...It's the big country. >_>;"
AB 2015:

Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Syiian
Expert Poster

Post by Syiian »

I might go as Thailand.
So I can bring Pad Thai.
>__>
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

Post by MooeyDooey »

[quote=Pink_Witch]I'm definitely going to start actually working on this. I could use all the help I could get.
My main idea is to find a ball park or something and get some material for events like, soccer, obstacle course, sack race, cute little games like that.
I like the idea of the medals. I'll make cookies too so that everyone gets a cookie. Once I can get which nations are attending I'll do my best to find each national anthem!
[/quote]

Sounds good! >D If you need any of my help for anything specific or anything, feel free to Email me or send me a private message on here! >D I AM GOOD! AT STUFF! AWESOME STUFF! OR SOMETHING!

AUUUUGHHHHOHMYGOD I JUST FINISHED MY LAST CHEMISTRY FINAL EVER TODAY frack YESSSSS!!!!!!

-DANCE OF JOY-

[quote=Syiian]OH.
I FORGOT.
>_____>
AND I'M GONNA BE 17.
♥♥♥
[/quote]

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! >D -HIGH FIIIIIIIIVEEEEE-
I WILL PROBABLY WISH YOU ONE LATER AS WELL BUT HEY I CAN WISH YOU ONE RIGHT NOW AND BE AWESOME SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

And if you bring Pad Thai and cosplay Thailand, I will love on you so hard your heart will melt of joy. e n e MELT I SAY! MELT WITH MY PRUSSIAN LOVE!!!!!!!

BUT I AM TOTALLY PUMPED FOR THESE OLYMPIC EVENTS WE THINK WE ARE GOING TO BE HAVING. OMGOMGOMGOMG. JUST OMG. Because Although I am not fit, I am REALLY competitive! >D And failing is just my thing so EVEN IF I LOSE I WIN. SOMEHOW.

And I feel your guys's pain on Hetalia references messing you up in life. xD I sometimes shed a tear when I am like "LOL SEALAND" and everyone else is like ".... what the hell is a Sealand?" and I am all "GOD DAMMIT THAT KID WILL BE A BIG STRONG [strike]SEXY[/strike] COUNTRY ONE DAY!!!!!"

aaaaaaaaaand now my friends have a way to scare the living daylights out of me in public. ; w ; I seriously have a panic attack and feel my skin crawling and yelp with fear ANY time I hear Russia's laugh. It seriously scares the living BEJEEZUS outta me, and one of my friends has it spot on so she will suddenly sneak up behind me and go "KOLKOLKOLKOLKOLKOL" and I SCREAM and go into fetal position. Dx
lastlivingsouls
Expert Poster

Post by lastlivingsouls »

HI!! I didn't cosplay at AB..I hadnt finished my dress for Belarus in time.. :/
These meetups sound like such a great time! I couldn't go to the last one tho.. :( and the July fifth, i will be in Canada.. (darn every year going to Canada for the week of the 4th.. wait what?)
Still holding out for the Olympics tho.. ^^ it sounds amazing idea!
Cosplays 2012: (same as 2011, since i ran out of time heh)
Nurse Joy-Pokemon
Little Sister- Bioshock 2
Syiian
Expert Poster

Post by Syiian »

THANK YOU, PRUS.
YOU WONDERFUL AWESOME THING YOU.
[Pad Thai is a must bring<3]

-PUTS ON SRS BUSINESS THAILAND GLASSES-
I'm bringing an elephant plush.
cele-chan

Post by cele-chan »

[quote=Syiian]OH.
I FORGOT.
>_____>
AND I'M GONNA BE 17.
♥♥♥
[/quote]

HAPPY EARLY B-DAY SPAIN~! <3

as far as the olympics are concerned, has anyone thought of a date for them? i wanna plan ahead so i can possibly take time off work to come. C|
Seyre
Expert Poster

Post by Seyre »

@Syiaan: apkoiasrdgnjna THAILAND!!! We can be Azn bros now while wearing dresses and makeup and look GOOD~ <3<3<3

...DAMMIT I TOTALLY WOULD'VE COME AS BASEBALLCLASSIC!KOREA. Dx
(And bring kimchi and Bosin-tang for the July 5th thing.)

Have fun y'all. T_T
BUT I SHALL STILL BE THERE
THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF MY HAIR CURL!

EDIT: Oh wait, I still might be able to make it to the Hetalympics thing if it's set in late July/early August. 8D
Pink_Witch
Experienced Poster

Post by Pink_Witch »

So I've begun planing events, the problem would be location. I could set it up in the commons put it might be difficult. But I don't think people would be able to go anywhere else.

Prussia, your assistance will be much appreciated. The combined Awesome-ness of America and Prussia will make everything awesome!

So I was thinking something late July or Early August.

Event ideas!

Baseball
Soccer
5 meter dash (lol)
Relay Race
Capture the flag

Those are what I have right now, I still need to find national anthems or songs that fit nations. :D

I can't WAIT till July 5th. If I have extra b-day cake I will bring to share!
Or something like fruit, I dunno.
Atree
Determined Poster

Post by Atree »

[quote=Pink_Witch]
Event ideas!

Baseball
Soccer
5 meter dash (lol)
Relay Race
Capture the flag[/quote]
Sounds fun!
I'm sure that you and Prussia will make something awesome!
Let me know if I can help in any possible way! I feel terrible since I didn't do crap at the last picnic... >_>;
AB 2015:

Shaman King, Kuragehime.
)
Davyn
Expert Poster

Post by Davyn »

@ Siefl: HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE BATMAN! We has the same birfday :D! Although, I'm turning...much older than 15 XD!!! I'll be 23 this year @__@ I feel so oldddd!

@ Syiian: HAPPY EARLY BIRFDAYSYYY!!!

As for me, I've worked out the whole July 5th thing, and I WILL BE ABLE TO BE THAR :D!!!! I am totally going as Austria again because it was WAY TOO MUCH FUN XD But I promise you, my dear Prussia, I won't torture you with Edelweiss this time. I'll save that for the bedroom, husband >:3! Also, this time I will remember my glasses, and possibly bring my clarinet if its fixed by then (I have to get it re-corked and the pads all replaced. And possibly a new mouthpiece @__@ Basement + instrument = bad idea)

Also, I would be more than willing to help with any arrangements or anything that needs getting done. I am a good..."doing things" person. Also, is there a post about this new meet-up on the 5th on the Hetalia community on LJ? If not, I wouldn't mind typing up something for it. I think its a good idea to get the date out there and in everyone's minds.

So, we're going to be doing just a regular meet-up on the 5th, then Olympic games later in the month? Or are we only doing one or the other? If we are doing both, are there any particular plans for the 5th? Are we going to be bringing food like the last time? How many questions can I ask? Who loves orange soda? Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
Pink_Witch
Experienced Poster

Post by Pink_Witch »

[quote=Davyn]Also, I would be more than willing to help with any arrangements or anything that needs getting done. I am a good..."doing things" person. Also, is there a post about this new meet-up on the 5th on the Hetalia community on LJ? If not, I wouldn't mind typing up something for it. I think its a good idea to get the date out there and in everyone's minds.

So, we're going to be doing just a regular meet-up on the 5th, then Olympic games later in the month? Or are we only doing one or the other? If we are doing both, are there any particular plans for the 5th? Are we going to be bringing food like the last time? How many questions can I ask? Who loves orange soda? Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?[/quote]

The July 5th picnic is separate from the Olympics. I probably should have brought that up later *hehe*.

I could use all the help I can get with the Olympics thing. Since, well I fail *ashamed*

So yes, just to clarify July 5th picnic is separate from the Olympics and will happen on a different date later in the month or early August.
Once I can find a location that suits everyone as best as possibly I'll ask what date would work.

I appreciate all the help everyone is offering, Thank you!
alissa37
Expert Poster

Post by alissa37 »

Davyn, I am all for you posting the date on the LJ community.

I doubt I'd be able to make the Hetalympics, but maybe you could add some Hetalia-specific events (such as Wife-carrying races, although from the pictures they seemed to cause a few casualties).
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

Post by MooeyDooey »

[quote=Syiian]THANK YOU, PRUS.
YOU WONDERFUL AWESOME THING YOU.
[Pad Thai is a must bringD I shall do my best to assist! (I will probably send you an email or something once school is over for me.... I am DEAD DEAD DEAD with finals right now)

If we do have it, can we please have it late july? Q A Q I wont be able to make it early august! Right from day one in august I am gone to New york not to return for three weeks!!!!

[quote=Davyn]
As for me, I've worked out the whole July 5th thing, and I WILL BE ABLE TO BE THAR :D!!!! I am totally going as Austria again because it was WAY TOO MUCH FUN XD But I promise you, my dear Prussia, I won't torture you with Edelweiss this time. I'll save that for the bedroom, husband >:3! Also, this time I will remember my glasses, and possibly bring my clarinet if its fixed by then (I have to get it re-corked and the pads all replaced. And possibly a new mouthpiece @__@ Basement + instrument = bad idea)
Also, is there a post about this new meet-up on the 5th on the Hetalia community on LJ? If not, I wouldn't mind typing up something for it. I think its a good idea to get the date out there and in everyone's minds.

So, we're going to be doing just a regular meet-up on the 5th, then Olympic games later in the month? Or are we only doing one or the other? If we are doing both, are there any particular plans for the 5th? Are we going to be bringing food like the last time? How many questions can I ask? Who loves orange soda? Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?[/quote]

YAAAAAAAAAY AUSTRIA HUSBAAAANNNDDDDD. >3
(Lol, that would be a cruel thing to use in the bedroom though. Reducing your partner to tears. ; 3 ; So mean to me!)

But MOST DEF we need to post this on the LJ community. MOST. DEF. So that people know like, whats going on and whatnot! EVERYONE LOOKs ON LJJJ!!!! But yeah I would say we should have that up by the end of this weekend. ;3

Regular meeting on the 5th, Olympics later in the month. No Particular plans as far as I know, besides celebrating America's birthday and whatnot. I SAY WE MEET AT THE GAZEBO AGAIN BECAUSE THAT WORKED OUT VERY WELL LAST TIME. And it would be AWESOME if we all brought food like last time! >D You can ask as many questions as you like [strike]once you admit you are a wimpy wimp[/strike] I like orange soda but I prefer Grape soda, personally. - 3 - AND IT WILL PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN. D 3 >

I AM MAKING A NEW TOPIC IN COSPLAY FORUM BECAUSE THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. -thumbs up-
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

Post by MooeyDooey »

SUCESS!

showtopic.php?fid/22/tid/8559/pid/13421 ... last/#LAST

New topic here. - 3 -

Feel free to drag our shenanigans over to here you guys~ WE ALL KNEW WE HAD TO MAKE THE SWITCH ONE DAY.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=MooeyDooey]I dont wanna flood the memories from 09 forum when we really are not talking about what happened at 09 anymore.... > 3 >[/quote]
Aaaaand... Locked!
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List