Cosplay Chess

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Blackfire
Getting the hang of this...

Cosplay Chess

Post by Blackfire »

Has anyone uploaded all of cosplay chess yet? My girl friend was Chidori and she is dying to see how the Bonta-kun special attack went. ^^,
Kitty Silver
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Kitty Silver »

I haven't seen anything from the cosplay chess other than a link that needed a password. =/

:D I'm the Miyu from Cosplay Chess...and the same Kitty Silver that was in the Dear AB
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by insanekaosx »

Oh god, from what I've been hearing, that was loved <3

I can't wait to see some more pictures footage from Chess. Everyone up there was awesome, and really cool dudes.

Any other Chess players seeing this, you were all great!
-Gary Oak
Crazy Flower
Determined Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Crazy Flower »

I would really love to see how the "hug-of-death" went. (I was Queen Beryl)
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by FjWolfwood »

Heyo, I was the Alucard from the chess match. It was super fun this year. I can't wait to see the video. Sadly I missed a ton of the attacks when out back. I completely missed what happened to Queen Beryl.
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by insanekaosx »

Yeah, we need better screens in the back.

While here, Robotnik, if you see this, THANK YOU for helping me out in the start when Ash came on. I wouldn't have really done much beyond point dramatically without your suggestion XP
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by FjWolfwood »

Ahem, I think you missed a "Mother F'n" in your name there, Gary. Let's not sell yourself short, my friend.
Ketchum
Expert Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Ketchum »

I was Ash! I need to see this!

Where are the Youtube junkies when you need them?
~AB Programming Staff~

:twisted: Anime Boston Death Match Coordinator :twisted:

You like me?! You really like me!

https://www.facebook.com/SetoKetchum

My Tumblr

http://kawaiideathmatch.tumblr.com/
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Cosplay Chess

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Ketchum]I was Ash! I need to see this!

Where are the Youtube junkies when you need them?[/quote]
The youtube junkies are also recovering from the con. :D
I'll have my footage up as soon as I can, unfortunately my camera's batteries died relatively quickly into the match. Sketch got the entire thing, however...

Edit: To my mean team - You guys were all awesome and I'm so very proud of you all! I messed up a little on my introductions (which player was which piece) and I apologize, we had a lot of switches and my notes got a bit messed up, it seems. But you all managed to figure it out despite my blunders and played an excellent chess match!!! Especially you, Gary, lmao. Congrats to you all!
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Hinamori_Momo
Expert Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Hinamori_Momo »

There are some up now I think!

I was Hinamori Momo, I cant wait to see how the entire thing looked on camera!
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by H. Guderian »

I must say in my few years of watching Chess this was hands down the best, problems were minimal, confusion 'seemed' minimal, moved fast but always still seemed a bit random.

Great match, I enjoyed watching!
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by purple_popinjay »

Hello all!

I was Itachi. Chess was amazingly fun this year! If anyone has a picture of me getting hit by the friendship gun or hugging Sasuke that would be priceless. I was trying so hard not to crack up during the whole thing. XD
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
Kitty Silver
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Kitty Silver »

So far there is no video of the introductions where I thought there were some good ones.
Fetch
Show-off

Cosplay Chess

Post by Fetch »

I saw one error in the chessmatch:
Mean team had their King and Queen in the wrong starting squares.
And you should have realized it, Kiarrens/Xellos, since you announced the KING side rook, knight, and bishop, then introduced the queen, then the king, then the QUEEN side bishop, knight, and rook.

And yet, you didn't. oh well. still was a good match to watch. ^_^
TheGreatFox2000
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by TheGreatFox2000 »

[quote=Blackfire]Has anyone uploaded all of cosplay chess yet? My girl friend was Chidori and she is dying to see how the Bonta-kun special attack went. ^^,
[/quote]

As Bonta-Kun, I too would like to see this if it's out there.
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Meph »

I was the Neku :O

I think team SITCAS was pretty epic :O I was a little confused on what to do since I was only told I'd be there the day before (pretty much) so like xD;; from the hatred gun on I was just 1 bit confused. otherwise I was fine. no one told me what to do once we gave our verdicts :O so I was like "wait what???"

I'd like to see it though :O I was trying to be in character and not watch x: so I wanna see what I missed!
snowtay
AB Alumni

Cosplay Chess

Post by snowtay »

I was the Asuka in the chess match, and can;t wait to see a video of the chess match posted. Really want to see how my attack against Kenshin looked ~_^
Snow
Cosplay Games Staff 2011-2017, 2020
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by insanekaosx »

Hehe (yes, I'm back, I can't help but bask in glory, and people praised me here ;P)

Thanks, erm, all of you that mentioned me up there.

I did forget my middle name, thanks Alucard ;D
Paper
AB Staff

Cosplay Chess

Post by Paper »

Hey, I just wanted to jump in and throw around a few more compliments. One of the reasons the chess match ran so smoothly this year is that all the pieces were so on the ball. The only confusion (Neku's refusal to move) was actually my fault, I suggested two days before the match that he be placed on Team SITCAS. My bad.

Again, everyone did a FANTASTIC job. I think the rehearsal really helped get everyone on the same page. Not only did you guys work well together, everybody knew exactly what they were doing. Awesome job, guys!
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by kazekage_of_the_funk »

okay i;ve seen some of the chess up on youtube
and im the sephiroth
yeah yeah a one trick pony. but me and the person i killed
( whom i didnt know who she was on saturday)
meant i couldnt set something up
IM REALLY GLAD SKETCH LISTENED TO ME WHEN I SAID USE THE TARTUS (sp?) to come out of
and YOU OWE ME 4 DONUTS DUDE lol
i hope you enjoyed em and mayhaps next year it will run just as smoothly
Paper
AB Staff

Cosplay Chess

Post by Paper »

[quote=kazekage_of_the_funk]
and im the sephiroth
yeah yeah a one trick pony. [/quote]

ONE TRICK PONY MORE LIKE ONE WINGED ANGEL

I'm sorry.
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Cosplay Chess

lol that works too...well ttyl 10 of 4 goodnight
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Cosplay Chess

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Fetch]I saw one error in the chessmatch:
Mean team had their King and Queen in the wrong starting squares.
And you should have realized it, Kiarrens/Xellos, since you announced the KING side rook, knight, and bishop, then introduced the queen, then the king, then the QUEEN side bishop, knight, and rook.

And yet, you didn't. oh well. still was a good match to watch. ^_^[/quote]
Yeah, I already mentioned that I screwed up a bit on my intros, because I had a lot of pieces switch places last minute on my team and had to re-write all the intros. Got a little confusing towards the end there. :( By the time they started playing, however, all my pieces WERE in their correct positions. Queen is always on-color, remember.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by insanekaosx »

That would be 'TARDIS', Sephie.
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by FjWolfwood »

Ah man, it was a rather epic chess match this year. Then you have to stop and think that little Kiki took out some of the strongest names in anime history. Beryl, Muraki, and Alucard.
Siariel33

Cosplay Chess

Post by Siariel33 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r575HW-p_o

Hey go figure that my BF started this thread but I found my attack! Search Youtube its all over it ^_^

*Chidori
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Cosplay Chess

TARDIS thanks for the correction...too early in the morning to think at that point

and AND AND i just wanna say im really thankful for the saturday night change from gin to sephiroth approval...i think if i had been gin it wouldn'tve been as worth it
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Meph »

[quote=Paper]Hey, I just wanted to jump in and throw around a few more compliments. One of the reasons the chess match ran so smoothly this year is that all the pieces were so on the ball. The only confusion (Neku's refusal to move) was actually my fault, I suggested two days before the match that he be placed on Team SITCAS. My bad.

Again, everyone did a FANTASTIC job. I think the rehearsal really helped get everyone on the same page. Not only did you guys work well together, everybody knew exactly what they were doing. Awesome job, guys![/quote]

haha it's okay. i thought it was fun xD;; I just wish people had prepared me a little more or we had practiced. Cause I don't think like.. anyone knew EXACTLY what was happening there. But I think it went pretty okay. :3 I heard from people that they understood it'd been planned, which made me feel a little better, since the Chess pieces made me all nervous xD;;; telling me to move with me going "I'm not supposed to D: I swear!"

but it's all good :3 it ended up just fine!!! ^___^ I hope I can sit on team Sitcas next year too :O
cammychan

Cosplay Chess

Post by cammychan »

Did you cosplay Miyu on Friday? I was the girl in an all red outfit, red dress and heart bag and everything, and I said I really loved VPM ALOT :D!
Bryguy180
Expert Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Bryguy180 »

Anyone remember the turtle plush that got a hat?
That plush is my friend's =D We were really psyched when it was picked. Other con-goers will be happy to know that we're considering the hat to be the turtle's property, and not my friend's
satchansays
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by satchansays »

chess this year was amazing. for one of my friends it was her first year seeing it, and she liked it a lot, so I guess that says something.

Team SITCAS has always been the favorite of my friends and I, so we thought it was pretty funny when Neku got banished over there and everything. and the whole court-case theme to it was great as well. Pheonix Wright was hysterical...props to him! and also some props for the "boot to the head" reference (though I forget who made it). I nearly keeled over with laughter.

basically, to sum it up: everyone involved did a fantastic job, I was really impressed with how quickly and smoothly it ran.
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Meph »

xD it was Robotnik haha. He lured Pheonix over and did the boot to the head x3 I was trying to keep in character and not giggle
satchansays
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by satchansays »

[quote=Meph]xD it was Robotnik haha. He lured Pheonix over and did the boot to the head x3 I was trying to keep in character and not giggle[/quote]

ohhh yes that's right! now I remember...
and my two friends went completely nuts and started screaming "AND ONE FOR JENNY AND THE WIMP!" like six times. xD it was hilarious.
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Cosplay Chess

i missed that part because i had to go and get changed out of my wing the giant lightning rod.-
Kitty Silver
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Kitty Silver »

[quote=cammychan]Did you cosplay Miyu on Friday? I was the girl in an all red outfit, red dress and heart bag and everything, and I said I really loved VPM ALOT :D![/quote]

^^ Yes that was me as well. >.>;; I think I was the only Miyu.

I remember you! :D YOur heart bag rocked :D
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Cosplay Chess

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Meph]xD it was Robotnik haha. He lured Pheonix over and did the boot to the head x3 I was trying to keep in character and not giggle[/quote]
I didn't even bother. Xellos giggles maniacally quite often so I got to laugh whenever I felt like it. :D
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Meph
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Meph »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=Meph]xD it was Robotnik haha. He lured Pheonix over and did the boot to the head x3 I was trying to keep in character and not giggle[/quote]
I didn't even bother. Xellos giggles maniacally quite often so I got to laugh whenever I felt like it. :D[/quote]

lucky xDDD Neku doesn't really feel joy often. there was one point.. I don't remember when... but I had to duck my head to hide my laughter. and I think Cloud covered his mouth too. it was something really really funny that just got to me xD;;; but I had to try and give in to the emo urges. this chess match was SO funny this year
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by FjWolfwood »

Oh man, those were all so awesome. From the first fight to the last all were incredible.
But man, rewatching my fight, I never knew I could actually laugh loud enough for the cameras to catch it.
Meph
Dedicated Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by Meph »

well you were epic xDD so of course the cameras could hear!
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Cosplay Chess

Post by insanekaosx »

hey guys~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7_L7f7nXz0

akalavashimu, whoever that is, seems to be getting the whole thing up.
snowtay
AB Alumni

Cosplay Chess

Post by snowtay »

YAY!! VIDEO!! Who needs to sleep before work!? *grabs a bowl of popcorn*
Snow
Cosplay Games Staff 2011-2017, 2020
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Cosplay Chess

ah i kinda wanna be one of the players for next years chess....XD
keyworkforcoheed
I'm new!

Cosplay Chess

Post by keyworkforcoheed »

same here me and my friends are going as a squad of anbu black ops members.
DuckTapeBunny
AB Alumni

Cosplay Chess

Post by DuckTapeBunny »

Cosplay chess this year was epic, I can't wait to watch it over and over again on youtube. You could tell it was more scripted this year by the series pair battles but it just added to the comedy potential. <3

I'm just so amazed by the work the cosplayers and staff put into it every year. It really looked Ace. You guys are fantastic every year.

@Meph: Like I said in the other thread, don't fret I'm sure most people realized the SITCAS thing was planned. Neku the emo-boy lives up to his standards.

There's no way I'm going to let myself miss the entry deadline for CPC next year.

@Funk the One Trick Pony: Dude, nice. Your costume was bomb and that sword, man nice work. Your mum would be proud. Oh and congratulations dearie, I wish you two both the best. [You can guess who this is. I'll give you a hint, short, annoying, pink hair and not Shuichi. <3
kazekage_of_the_funk
Committed Poster

Cosplay Chess

well lets see INVERSE you live in my city
XD
i know you well and yeah
thankies

also i was gonna come running up to cloud after i walked off stage and grabbed my jenova head....but i feel the humor would have been lost considering they were already moving on