Thank You

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Gular
Expert Poster

Thank You

Post by Gular »

I just wanted to thank the AB staff for putting on a fantastically run Con this year.

After last year's Con, I was really hesitant to go back again. I know many people who refused to go at all because of what happened. I only pre-registered when I heard the process was being outsourced for consultation.

I had reserved hopes about the Con going in, and I have to say, you guys really surpassed me expectations. The space was better organized -- especially the Dealers' Room and Artists Alley -- and registration was, seriously, one of the fastest registrations I've ever done.

So, I have to say thank you. It looks like you've taken a lot of care and consideration since last year. Your efforts have definitely paid off. I enjoyed AB more this year than I have since I've been going -- 2005 -- and I already decided to come back for next year.

Thank you all so much!
PavvyPower
Getting the hang of this...

Thank You

Post by PavvyPower »

As someone who has been going since 05' as well, this year has been the best through registration. In 08' I stood in line for 5-6 hours and was not happy. But, it was worth it.

This year was truly amazing.
insanekaosx
Experienced Poster

Thank You

Post by insanekaosx »

This was my fifth Anime Boston, and I am pretty sure it was the smoothest and best organized yet.

Well done to everyone involved.
Effyness
Determined Poster

Thank You

Post by Effyness »

I agree. :) For me, there literally was no line, and even so, I heard from a friend that she only waited for fifteen minutes- way less than the six hours from last year. This year was MUCH more organized, and all the hard work definitely paid off. Kudos to the AB Staff.
takmatsumotojr

Thank You

Post by takmatsumotojr »

Agreed.
+1

(^_^)v
Shinden
Veteran Poster

Thank You

Post by Shinden »

My first ever con. I was hesitant to go, because I am always rage-ing at the weeaboo, but it was the most fun I have ever had. Thank you. Even waiting in the super-line to not get into masquerade was fun! Looking forward to another successful year!
2012: I, Otaku
2013: off
2014: An Introduction to Kill La Kill
2015: Beyond Honnouji
2016: Japanophile's Guide to Boston, Nippon wo Mamore
2017: All About the Imperial Family
2018: Contrasts of Tezuka
animefan54

Thank You

Post by animefan54 »

the registration was so fast. although my gf and i pre-registered and there was alot of people thursday evening we were done in 20 min or so. you guys did a great job! i am happy that as of now this is the only con i go to. keep up the great work.
RC
Veteran Poster

Thank You

Post by RC »

Of course, I've only been coming since 08, but hey, what can you do, right?

I saved exactly 9 hours 28 minutes and 47 seconds of time this year. Pre-registering and getting there early made me wait 13 seconds. Last year was 9 1/2 hours, I do congradulate you.

Line was fun last year, and made me a ridiculously patient person... but I was happy to not have to do it again.

See you next year! XD
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Thank You

Post by Synaizen »

The only way it could have been better is if there had been free pocky...
:o

Nosut
Veteran Poster

Thank You

Post by Nosut »

My frist con and I had heard about last year so I was a bit worried and I had pre-reged. I got there thuresday at around 9:30 and didnt even wait in line. I walked in and right up to a desk and was done and walking out in less then 5 min.

You could not have made my first time any better I dont think. (someone even gave me free pocky so they covered for you lol)

I will be back for many years to come!
midsummerDREAMER
Expert Poster

Thank You

Post by midsummerDREAMER »

Agreed! Thank you so much to all of the amazing con staff - everything was great and went so smoothly, registration especially. I don't know how many hours upon hours must've gone into this event, but do know that we are so appreciative!!
coolforever
AB Alumni

Thank You

Post by coolforever »

This was my 4th Anime Boston, and the staff did a GREAT job running it this year.

Thank you guys at Anime Boston for all the hard work you put into this amazing weekend that I had a great time at :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Viajeras
Veteran Poster

Thank You

Post by Viajeras »

Huge thanks to all of the AB staff. This year was a tremendous improvement over last year's con. I had virtually no negative comments for this year's convention. Probably the best convention I've been to so far.
Anime Boston 2018 Plans & Possibilities
Friday - Hendrickson (S1 & S2) (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Sima Zhao (Dynasty Warriors 9)
Mila Babicheva (Yuri!!! On Ice)