Con Hilarities-Fun/Cool Happenings

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Ratica
Veteran Poster

Post by Ratica »

Quite obviously, we all had fun at the con, but were there any super-awesome moments or memories that are sure to stick in your mind forever?

I've got those!

I'm a recently turned 18 year old, so it was my first time going into Hentai Dubbing. Lucky me, I get chosen for the FIRST VIDEO on stage. I'm going back next year for sure.

tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

Post by tobiinpajamas »

On the way out on Sunday a little kid in a pirate hat took a picture with me because I was dressed up as a pirate xP
Crinoline
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Crinoline »

On Saturday and Sunday my friends and I played Uno up in the third floor hallway and we dragged other people into the games. On Sunday we also played Duck Duck Goose in the same place but we were asked by the staff to disband.

The other fun part was taking part in the Soul Caliber 4 tournament on Saturday and being the only girl and making it to the second round, but I do regret choosing Voldo the second time.
Anime Boston 2013 Cosplay:
Friday
Claire Redfield (Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles)
Saturday
Older Malon (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Sunday
Team Magma Member (Pokemon Ruby and Emerald)
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

i had so many super awesome moments at AB

I did an awesome pokemon theme song friday with kenshin, and got a hug after for it

I had a sign on my badge saying you just Tom Selleck'ed it up sunday

and all the caramelldansens in the hallway
sleepyhead
Experienced Poster

Post by sleepyhead »

Two things that made my con days

1) MANTSCY

2)Chubaka (lol had to add the Japanese flair)
MoeMoeKyun

Post by MoeMoeKyun »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moemoekyun/3558662224/

On Saturday in the hall leading to the dealer's room, there were a bunch of people dancing to that Jump On It song then Caramelldansen. Then some guys with another stereo came in playing caramelldansen but not at the same spot and sort of ruined it, then everybody jumped in and danced. Then security came and broke it up, or at least I think so.
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

I have to say that the elevator definitely had some good moments. My friend and I were in mascot furry cosplay outfits and got in the elevator to get back to our room...A man not attending the con but staying at the hotel gets on...He looks at our costume and says,
"This is a first"
::Pause::
Then he says in a joking manner (hopefully), "So...what are you guys doing later?"
XDXD Ridiculousness at its finest.
Effyness
Determined Poster

Post by Effyness »

Ahh, I had too many good times to mention.

1) In line for the masquerade, I took a video of this street fighter guy pelvic thrusting, and these two other girls joined in.

2) The karaoke room today was full of amazing moments, but probably the awesomest one was when this L walked in with a bag of lollipops and gave one to everyone, the he hugged us all and let us take pictures. Then, this OTHER L did the Hare Hare Yukai while I was singing it on stage.

3) A random Caramelldansen line started in the dealers' room early Saturday.

There are more, but those were some awesome ones.
Crinoline

Post by Crinoline »

[quote=Effyness]
2) The karaoke room today was full of amazing moments, but probably the awesomest one was when this L walked in with a bag of lollipops and gave one to everyone, the he hugged us all and let us take pictures.[/quote]
Oh my god, I remember that, I was sitting right across the isle.
Anime Boston 2013 Cosplay:
Friday
Claire Redfield (Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles)
Saturday
Older Malon (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Sunday
Team Magma Member (Pokemon Ruby and Emerald)
acid_fusion51
Veteran Poster

Post by acid_fusion51 »

Hmm a few good ones
To the people who actually yelled back butt-scratcher
To the Ichigo and Hollow version doing the DBZ fusion dance (got pictures)
Pedobear letting us take pictures and play around
The few people i got on camera who actually did poses (like the character)
and even acted them out (Street fighter, with a few others)

i had many funny moments but those i will remember
Basil
I'm new!

Post by Basil »

-Bad Video Games
-Friend yelling Medic! really loud
-Jesus and Quail Man

bloodstainedavenger
Expert Poster

Post by bloodstainedavenger »

At the Naruto photoshoot, there was this awesome spiderman walking around. I then see him, later, running around with a green hat. XD He stole the Riddler's hat. It was so funny. *glad she got it on camera*
Effyness
Determined Poster

Post by Effyness »

[quote=acid_fusion51]Hmm a few good ones
To the people who actually yelled back butt-scratcher
To the Ichigo and Hollow version doing the DBZ fusion dance (got pictures)
Pedobear letting us take pictures and play around
The few people i got on camera who actually did poses (like the character)
and even acted them out (Street fighter, with a few others)

i had many funny moments but those i will remember [/quote]

My two friends yelled back buttscratcher and got free posters. X3
MoeMoeKyun

Post by MoeMoeKyun »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0mJyWRHyew

Full video of said dancing.
LegendofMyth
Experienced Poster

Post by LegendofMyth »

During the Kalafina concert, the Video game orchestra opened for them.. As their last song they played One winged angel. The dude playing guitar asked if any Sephiroth in the room would come up and fight with Cloud. There were NONE. So the VGo is playing one winged angel with 2 Clouds fighting each other. EPIC.
Pegasus Fantasy
Experienced Poster

Post by Pegasus Fantasy »

Oh boy, hehe..Umm..

-Singing Pokemon in the hallway while waiting for the masquerade
-Singing Pokemon AT the masquerade
-Getting Rick Rolled
-Losing the game
-Walking past a cart with several gallons of milk on it with my friend who was cosplaying Edward Elric, who proceeded to rage.
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

Alright, it's kind of longish, but it's the full story of my single most memorable/funny moment, it ties the AAC handcuffed to L incident I had... which is hard to match...
---
Alright, through-out the day I saw alot of Hughes's, whether different or the same... but there was one I saw alot. Alot, alot. I was dressed as Roy and so I saluted to each Hughes passed. Now, passing him in a semi-empty hallway, I saluted, as did he, but then he called me over and, thinking nothing of it I came over.

Well, he smiled and said [color:brown]"Have you seen the latest pictures of Alicia yet?!"[/color] and of course my mind screams 'Uh oh...' but before I say a word or take a step I'll pulled under his arm being showed pictures as I nearly fall over. He was strong though, kept me in place and not fallen over for the whole duration... Then, the Ed I was with smirked, but was pulled in too. So that happened for a few moments and, once done he lets us go and then... you'd never guess...

Some one comes up from the side and says, [color:brown]"Hughes! I bet they'd like to see the pics again!"[/color] We of course took a step back and he says something like, [color:brown]"Of course, I can always happily show them again!"[/color] And it happens again.

THEN someone came up again (different person) who says, [color:brown]"Hughes! I think they need to see it again!"[/color]

Slightly off balance, my cape of the uniform now falling off I blink at Ed wondering how long we'll be seeing the pictures. Luckily for us, Hughes turned to the guy that said that and showed the pics to him instead.

We proceeded to escape. Very Hughes like; he definitely had Hughes down, perfect spazzing over Alcia voice, cosplay, obcessivness, pictures ect... honored to have been showed the pictures for Alicia is adorable. XD

AH, MAN! I'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED!
Tempsdefille
Experienced Poster

Post by Tempsdefille »

I think my favorite things wereee...

1)Chewbacca during the hentai dubbing.

2)Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned.
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

[quote]Then, this OTHER L did the Hare Hare Yukai while I was singing it on stage.[/quote]

I was that L ^^, did anyone get any videos of it?
hika-chan658
Experienced Poster

Post by hika-chan658 »

on saturday, while we were hosting on a bench on the second floor, a zexion and a lexaens came by. as hunny-sempai is a huge kingdom hearts fan, she immediately ran after them for pictures. zexion signed her yaoi note, then put him/herself as the seme and lexaens as the uke. then s/he picked hunny-sempai up and carried her around. if anyone happens to be that particular zexion, you made hunny very happy, and apparently, her life is now complete. she also says hi.
Captain Fuzzy
Determined Poster

Post by Captain Fuzzy »

Christopher Walken: "It's not gay if I am killing you"
NobiZero
Expert Poster

Post by NobiZero »

I was dressed as Tony Stark, and my friends were the Riddler and Black suited Spider-Man. Several times during the convention, my Riddler friend (this was his first time to AB) was trying to play along with everyone he recognized. One of the things he'd do was whenever he saw a Sora from Kingdom Hearts, he'd do his best Goofy impersonation and yell out "Sora! Help!" to see if any of them would do anything. One of the Soras actually turned around, fully in character, jumped up and yelled out "I'm coming!" When she got there, she spotted my friend as Spider-Man, shouted out "A heartless!" and chased him around for 5 minutes straight. This became ritual for whenever we'd see this particular Sora, and this ended up happening roughly 7 times over the entire weekend. Definitely my favorite moment. If that Sora reads this, thank you very much for making our weekend, and happy 21st birthday!
MooeyDooey
Veteran Poster

Post by MooeyDooey »

One quite funny thing that happened?

Not many people were here for this, but the Anime Pictionary got QUITE amusing when they let the audience shout out random crap and guess instead of only the contestants.

At many points, everyone would guess what the first shape was going to be. Square, line, Ameoba.....

CONSTANTLY people would shout "JACKAL! JACKAL! IT'S A JACKAL! RIGHT?! THAT'S A JACKAL!" no matter what it was for the entire round.

also guessing that it was sean connery, or "Dr. octogonapus BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Much fun to be had by all, even if it was chaos. xD
MoeMoeKyun

Post by MoeMoeKyun »

This isn't really a happening, but it was funny. My friend saw this on the wall in the bathroom.

http://tinypic.com/r/de0mmp/5
Dr. Naomi

Post by Dr. Naomi »

WORD ON MANSTY
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=I Am Not Kira]
Alright, through-out the day I saw alot of Hughes's, whether different or the same... but there was one I saw alot. Alot, alot. I was dressed as Roy and so I saluted to each Hughes passed. Now, passing him in a semi-empty hallway, I saluted, as did he, but then he called me over and, thinking nothing of it I came over.

Well, he smiled and said [color:brown]"Have you seen the latest pictures of Alicia yet?!"[/color] and of course my mind screams 'Uh oh...' but before I say a word or take a step I'll pulled under his arm being showed pictures as I nearly fall over. He was strong though, kept me in place and not fallen over for the whole duration... Then, the Ed I was with smirked, but was pulled in too. So that happened for a few moments and, once done he lets us go and then... you'd never guess...

Some one comes up from the side and says, [color:brown]"Hughes! I bet they'd like to see the pics again!"[/color] We of course took a step back and he says something like, [color:brown]"Of course, I can always happily show them again!"[/color] And it happens again.

THEN someone came up again (different person) who says, [color:brown]"Hughes! I think they need to see it again!"[/color]

Slightly off balance, my cape of the uniform now falling off I blink at Ed wondering how long we'll be seeing the pictures. Luckily for us, Hughes turned to the guy that said that and showed the pics to him instead.

We proceeded to escape. Very Hughes like; he definitely had Hughes down, perfect spazzing over Alcia voice, cosplay, obcessivness, pictures ect... honored to have been showed the pictures for Alicia is adorable. XD

AH, MAN! I'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED![/quote]
10 bucks says that was my buddy Josh. :D
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=I Am Not Kira]

10 bucks says that was my buddy Josh. :D
[/quote]

Really? The Hughes or one of the guys who told him to show us again? XD
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Post by moonlight sonata. »

my friends were having one of their conflicting couple moments when this dude comes up and asks her for a picture and started hitting on her XD it was absolutely HILAREOUS. I was laughing the whole time. xD
Einnar

Post by Einnar »

This had me laughing all day, my brother and I came out of the elevators in the Marriot lobby and saw a group of Duke lacrosse players in uniform. My brother stared at them for a few seconds then turned to me, completly serious, and asked what series they were cosplaying.

Also, early on Saturday or Sunday(I can't remember which) I was cosplaying Roxas when I ran into someone else cosplaying him as well. We had a discussion about about the paradoxes involved in our continued coexistence. We came to the conclusion that our lack of hearts, and possible nonexistance canceled out any violations of logical or physical laws...It was alot more fun then it sounds.
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

[quote=I Am Not Kira]Alright, it's kind of longish, but it's the full story of my single most memorable/funny moment, it ties the AAC handcuffed to L incident I had... which is hard to match...
---

I saw that guy! I was dressed up as Edward and my friends and i were waiting outside the Dealers room for it to open and I saw my friend smirk and all of a sudden I was being assaulted by "Isn't my daughter so cute, she's adorable isn't she!??!?" and pictures being shoved in my face. I kept running into him! Eventually he just gave me a picture "for keepsakes" after like the 4th or 5th time lol

Good moments:
At the Laura Bailey panel, they had everyone kneeling in line for the microphone and one guy shuffled up on one knee and she made a joke about him proposing. At the end, one guy stands up and says "Speaking of proposals, I have one. Not for you though, for you." And he turns around and pulls out a ring for his girlfriend. IT. WAS. SO. CUTE. Everyone started cheering and clapping and Laura actually started getting sniffly, it was adorably sweet <3

Next day, I also saw an Inuyasha propose to a Kagome! Everyone thought they were posing for a pic, so a lot of people stopped to watch and then he pulls out a ring and everyone all at once goes "Oh! Awwwwww <3" it was so sweet! My future boyfriend has some high standards to live up to!

Another was when people started to line up for Travis Willingham autographs. People lucky to be by the door at the right time suction cupped to the wall and all of a sudden everyone's RUNNING to get a good spot and then one of the Boston Security ladies flipped out.. It was great. She started yelling how we still had 2 mins before we could line up and we all just kinda gave her the "Whatcha gonna do about it?" glare XD

And then, while we're waiting in line Waldo (From Where's Waldo!) walked by and 4 people start yelling "THERE'S WALDO!" and he takes off, with a ninja hot on his heels.
DuckTapeBunny
AB Alumni

Post by DuckTapeBunny »

I had the same thing happen to me. xD
No your head and agree and the arm shaking will stop. lol
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=DuckTapeBunny]I had the same thing happen to me. xD
No your head and agree and the arm shaking will stop. lol[/quote]

I did, but it didn't work. I even got myself to say, "Yes, Hughes, she is adorable" and it didn't stop!

It just multiplied. O.O

I call it OFS (obscessive father syndrome). It is not curable and it is contagious to all men who have a daughter under the age of 10. Ways to avoid it... none yet discovered.
Kamama
Expert Poster

Post by Kamama »

How about EVERYTHING was fantastic??!

First event;

I was the center of a ring of left4deaders plus a random asortment of others. This was near the entrance to the dealer's room in the middle of of saturday. I was the Witch. Even fellow zombies were attacking me! D: All in all it was extremely exciting; I got to fight a Temari, someone I didn't know, some hunters, get peelz thrown at me, get killed twice, and fun stuff like that hahaha.

Second event;

(In the line for the autographs for someone or other) Someone asked me if I was "a good witch or a bad witch"; made my day, whoever that was. Then a few seconds later a Snake "startled" me, and so naturally I rushed at him screaming like the banshee the Witch is. He looked like he was scared out of his mind for a second, it was hallarious. Then he and a few other people started shooting/attacking me, and so I was dying.... and somene finished me off by hitting me with a slipper xD it was probably by far the best way to die that day.

Other asorted events;

I didn't get assulted by Hughes. I ASKED him to show me the pictures!! He was amazing, I loved it.
Waldo. Need I say more?
Getting stares from people. So what if I was only in my undergarments? =P (tho I don't blame them. I would have stared, too lol)
In one of the video rooms, AMVs were playing and someone used Still Alive (Portal theme song). I've preformed it, so I know all the lyrics, and I was singing along.
Aaaannnnddd I'm sure there's more... so I might edit this/add another post if I remember.... but that's it for now ^_^
Yaaaay :3
kevinchai

Post by kevinchai »

During the preshow for the concert, I heard the "Break Time" music, so I stood up in my Feel the Magic cosplay and looked around. I don't know if anyone knew why I stood up, but it felt pretty awesome.
Also second place in Bomberman was sweet.
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

Oooo Just remembered a good one...

So my friend and I were heading to the food court from the Sheraton on Sunday. Passing the elevators my friend and I immediately saw these two guys and our jaws DROP. As soon as well pass, my friend turns to me and says,

"Wow did you see those two? They're really cute!"

And then I turn to her and say...

"That was Travis Willingham and Troy Baker!"

They were each carrying a Lord and Taylor bag and heading to the private elevator.

Yeah know your voice actors' faces. You may just see them wondering the halls of the con, or even the mall by the looks of it. XD
ZelosWilder
Experienced Poster

Post by ZelosWilder »

I'll post more later but for now heres a simple one that I wonder if anybody else did at all.

On Thursday my entire group got in an elevator to go out to dinner after registration and getting settled back into our hotel room. We stood there for a bit, no doubt all thinking: This elevator is taking a while to get started.... None of us pushed the floor button. ^^;; We all laughed at ourselves and declared it epic. (be it fail or win is your call.)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I got Cookies and Milk and kicked two of my friends butts in Fluxx. D:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
ZelosWilder
Experienced Poster

Post by ZelosWilder »

You also said some wonderful things that came out wrong that I cannot post here without endangering my account. He really didn't choose his words well that weekend. Thursday especially.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

[quote=ZelosWilder]You also said some wonderful things that came out wrong that I cannot post here without endangering my account. He really didn't choose his words well that weekend. Thursday especially.[/quote]

Consider yourself lucky I cannot remember that fail you had Thursday.
ZelosWilder
Experienced Poster

Post by ZelosWilder »

I do. Well I have the Thursday fail list.. Come and take it if you can.

---

Another great con moment was having those 3 girls, 2 of whom being Key cosplayers, run up to me yelling "Akki! Akki! Akki!" and then I posed with them.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Diaper Monkey tops all the cool happenings.
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

i like the artist alley i found it unfair i had to reach up that high the man was 6 ft tall damn he said he hug me if i could do it was like omg. but other then that cool con was cools happenings alls over.
i been going to anime boston since 2004
-RINGO-

Post by -RINGO- »

Someone in the elevator asked if my friends and I were in a band playing at the convention. I am not sure why, but I said we were and asked if he wanted an autograph. But neither of us had any paper. It was funny.
-RINGO-

Post by -RINGO- »

I just remembered another. Where my friend at the auction called me and raised his hand to show me where he was. And in an auction they thought it was a bid and my name was called out by the announcer.
vampyriclolita02

Post by vampyriclolita02 »

I hi-fived him and I'm 5'3"...he was like...6'7 or something...I have no clue but he was wicked tall!