Embarassing Moments

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
kungfutornado
Getting the hang of this...

Embarassing Moments

Post by kungfutornado »

[color:green]Hmmm...?
I know there were 2 Lee cosplayers
I may or may not remember that[/color]
kungfutornado

Embarassing Moments

Post by kungfutornado »

[color:green]Well, I was stretching after the closing ceremonies while my friends were taking a picture of some cosplayer. What I was doing was spreading my legs really wide while trying to touch my ankles (I didn't want my bum to be hanging out, so I stood closely in front of a wall) and my friend somehow sneaks behind me and slides under me and I fall on top of her with my bum hanging out in full view of a bunch of guys and they took pictures of the rock lee with STRETCHY spandex[/color]
idioticpi

Embarassing Moments

Post by idioticpi »

I was in the Masquerade, but for some reason my pre-recorded lines ended up being so quiet you couldn't hear them...and I found this out as I was walking onstage. o.o
So this is what you see:
-girl walks on a looks around-
-girl runs off looking panicked-
;~;
Thank god the skit I was in had other people in it...
Digital Rain
Expert Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Digital Rain »

I was cosplaying Utena, and I was being given a piggyback ride by my friend dressed as Tifa. Anyway, I shouted very loudly, "SAIONJI, I SWEAR I'LL GET YOU! NOW ONWARD MY TRUSTY STEED!"

Everyone stared at me like I was an ass. I got a little flustered :/
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Kyakins »

[quote=Lawliet]haha i just remembered a really embarassing karaoke moment:

when my friend who was cosplaying as kenshin convinced me to do a song with him I never heard before and he really didn't know either, so when we got onstage, I completly messed up the beat, didn't know the lyrics, and spent half the time stopping and trying to find where we were, or pointing at kenshin and being like, take it away kenshin! he was staring at his ipod touch for the lyrics the entire time too lol[/quote]

OMG, I saw you, that was awesome. My friends and I were in the front row, we were Dawn, Pokemon Breeder, and two regular people. You guys did fine, and it seemed like you had a lot of energy.
*~*~Cosplaying at AB since 2006~*~*

AB 2014 Planned Cosplay (Subject to Change)
Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Mk the great
Determined Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Mk the great »

[quote=zeth-sama]they arent much, but still a little embarassing.

after buying that card game called "we didnt playtest this at all", i completely just left it there by accident and ddint realize it till i got back to my friends hotel, so i had tor un back to the dealers room and ask if there was one i left.

also on sat. me and my friends took the train in and out, and we got off the T at north station with litterally less than a minute left till the train left, and we basically ran full speed tot he train barely making it.

and its always awkward to get asked for a picture by huge fans or ur cosplay outfit.

and lastly someone knew i was dietrich and i told the person i didnt kno who he was, since my friends just made me wear the outfit. and she went oh..... i kinda felt bad[/quote]

I WAS THAT GIRL. xD I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I was just kind of disappointed, since I usually cosplay Cain Nightlord (Dietrich's lord and master) so all of the happiness of seeing a member of my Orden was deflated a bit when you had no idea who you were. :x But just a bit! I wasn't really devastated. xD I'm sorry though, I was just kind of jarred I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything. xD
Kilmarnock
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Kilmarnock »

My embarassing moment was nothing too severe, but I guess it's bad enough to warrant mention here. I was the Faust in the masquerade, and I was told that I could go on at any time during the DJ's introduction for me; I didn't have to wait for him to finish. Taking this into consideration, I figured that I should get out there while he's still talking. When I do, the audience laughed a bit. As a result, I felt like I had just made some sort of huge mistake. Let me tell you, it was rough to fight the instinct to just run off stage. I guess the bag on my head helped.
Yammark
Determined Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by Yammark »

Well y'know.... embarassing moments are bound to happen. I mean, you do realise that anime starves the brain of the neccasary concentration needed to maintain intelligence, well from all but advanced minds... Im not going to say any names... krammaY.
Yamma!
KururuSouchou
Experienced Poster

Embarassing Moments

Post by KururuSouchou »

I lost my backpack in the Dealers' Room on Saturday; so if you were one of the many people interrogated about a yellow, black and white backpack, I'm sorry; and if you were the awesome person who put my backpack into the custody of one of the dealers (who returned it to me), thank you.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Embarassing Moments

Post by PatrickD »

This thread was for 2009, not 2010.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List