Cosplayer's Invade Boston Vol.3 (Pedestrian Reactions)

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2009.
Einnar
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Einnar »

Heh, no I didn't think that fast, I just laughed and said that not every group in uniform has to be cosplayers. My Dad also considered walking up to a group of lacrosse players and complementing them on their costumes :p
takmatsumotojr

Post by takmatsumotojr »

Apparently cosplaying Kakashi = supportsing terrorism...xD damn peds and they're stupid comments.

That was the funniest/stupidest reaction. Lots of stares too, it twas fun.
Crash Override
Veteran Poster

Post by Crash Override »

I actually had some funny moments outside the Con with people.

- I was dressed as RE Nemesis and I kept going outside for air and wandering a bit. I was standing by a pillar and just fitted my mask back on when some guys walked around and were like WTF!?!

- The people giving out Venom were awesome! They begged me to take a picture with them while drinking some of that stuff and gave me hugs and more venom to drink along with some chatting.

- I became pretty intimate with a stop sign I walked into because I had trouble seeing out the mask and some guy walked by with his girl and was like " THAT'S HOW JILL ALWAYS GETS AWAY! STOP SIGNS!" and he like yelled it down the street which was funny.

- Bunch of old people kept coming up to me and asking what was going on. I explained that it was a celebration of animation Culture and we're dressed to represent the various characters from series and games to show our respect to their creators. lol. They totally loved that answer and wanted to take pictures with me.

- Some poor like 5 year old in a wagon with his dad that I made cry. He was scared of me until I gave him a gold star sticker I had in my pocket and gave him a sweaty hug which made him laugh afterwords.

We are all the same when it comes to cosplay. Our motives may be different but in the end we all just want to play pretend.
TwinEnigma
Determined Poster

Post by TwinEnigma »

Well, I've had a few reactions through the weekend.

First, your standard double-take: Is that who or what I thought I saw? It's real funny when people's heads whip around just to make sure they saw what they thought they saw.

On the T, one woman asked me about my Naruto costume while we were waiting. I then spent much of the ride explaining what cosplay is. She was pretty curious about it and really awed by how much work cosplayers put in.

Then, coming off the T to pick up prints from the next nearest (and not busy) Staples, I got called a freak and the Statue of Liberty while I was in my Naruto costume. I get into the Staples and one of the cashiers spazzes in fanboy glee, grabs his camera and asks for a picture.

While waiting for the next train, a kid stopped and stared at a group of us and we all smiled, waving. His mother looked terrified and quickly hurried him along.

I swear, though, the same idiot who said that stuff earlier asked me if I was the Statue of Liberty AGAIN outside of Walgreens later that night. He tried his hand at insulting me and my roommate and I gave him the brush off.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I cosplayed as Ryo-oki from Tenchi, and I was with Wizu/Wif from DNAngel. I made a point to make sure that I didn't wear my costume outside, because the year before, Wizu, and nother friend who (for that year) was Kero from Card Captors Sakura, actually got spit on by an older women who... obviously watch that CSI episode.

So she and I had interesting elevator stories. We were riding one, and this man not part of the con got on, and it was silent and then finally he says... "This is a first." and She and I laughed, and she made a comment, and playing along with us he goes "So... What you doing tonight?" And he joked back. It was funny for us, and I think it was actually one of the highlights for us. XD

Then alot of the smaller children really liked us... They would point and stare, so we had some pictures taken with the young kids. Then there was on waiting for the elevator, the child was petrified of us XD the kid screamed and cried. lol From what the parents side, there was a incident with a family member in a bunny costume that scared the child.
minumoto

Post by minumoto »

i was dressed as Inuyasha all weekend. i got the usual *stare*, and the double take. my favorite one was when i was outside and this older woman who was showing this student from ethiopia (sp) around, started asking me questions about what was going on, what i was wearing, etc... it was pretty awesome. talk about a double culture shock.
Taurosgrl
Veteran Poster

Post by Taurosgrl »

[color:purple]I have a few experiences

Well, I dared to wait in the ungodly long Masquerade line, and I got pushed down to the first floor for the line. So I noticed that while I was standing and waiting by the windows, I got a few odd stares and a point or two from people outside the hynes convention center. So, my friend and I both decided to start waving to the people outside. There were little kids waving back with their parents trying to keep them from interacting with the crazy people in the window, people who laughed or just stared confised, and we even flirted with some guys that passed. One just sort of scurried away, some were laughing at that, a few seemed pretty happy, and one even flirted back. dare I say it, but the line for the Masq could have been a little more fun than the Masq itself. *sweatdrops*[/color]
AB 2012!
No Set Dates Yet:
Dolorosa - Homestuck
Blind Mag - Repo! The Genetic Opera
Sasha - Infamous
Austria - Hetalia
Xion - Kingdom Hearts 358 Days/2 (Maybe?)
Chibi-Sorrow

Post by Chibi-Sorrow »

[quote=Luna]I cosplayed as Ryo-oki from Tenchi, and I was with Wizu/Wif from DNAngel. I made a point to make sure that I didn't wear my costume outside, because the year before, Wizu, and nother friend who (for that year) was Kero from Card Captors Sakura, actually got spit on by an older women who... obviously watch that CSI episode. [/quote]

At the risk of sounding slightly stupid, but... CSI episode? What the hell O.o? They have anime on CSI now?!
Lawliet
Veteran Poster

Post by Lawliet »

We are looking for the Ed cosplayer that we met on Sunday in front of the dealer's room, there were like 3-4 people who rushed up to him and shouted shorty. and a purple and black haired girl kept hugging him.
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

The hotel we were staying in was about 2 miles from the convention center, so we had quite the walk/T ride back every night. I was dressed as Edward Elric, complete with a metal fullmetal arm so I got the gamut of reactions. On Saturday as we were walking to the T station I was mobbed by a group of people who didn't go to the convention, but recognized my character! It was pretty cool. One kid (about 13ish?) stopped me and had his dad take a picture of us lol.

On the T, there were some empty seats so my friends and I filled 4 and the guy (who was unfortunate enough to be my seat buddy!) got up and changed seats. The look on his face when he glanced up and saw all 5'3" of Edward Elric glory he jumped right up and moved to the front of the compartment.

At the hotel was the funniest, because it was far enough from the convention center they did not expect us. One lady goggled the whoooole time and even though we had plenty of room in the elevator, refused to get on with us. Down the hallway from our room was some friends so I went (in full costume, of course!) to go wake them up around 6:30ish. As i'm walking back down the hall this woman comes out of her room, stops, gapes for a few seconds (i'm talking mouth open, bug eyes and everything) turns around and goes back into the room.

It's only black clothes, a blonde wig, red cape and metal arm, people! I didn't think i was THAT weird looking o.O
supernaturalfanatic
Determined Poster

Post by supernaturalfanatic »

Let's see.. I actually got asked what was going on a lot more than last year. It was mostly nice and polite , people asking "what's going on/why is everybody dressed up?" and me offering a small explanation.

However, there were a few other experiences I had:
- On our way back from the ball on Friday, we took the long way around since it was a nice night out back to the Sheraton to change for the informal dance; and this guy stops us and goes; "What are you three dressed up for?" And my friend explained that it was Anime Boston, and we were coming back from a ball. And as we were walking towards the revolving door, he went, "What kind of ball - basketball?" In this really annoying, cocky, ignorant voice.

- We went to Burger King on Sat. morning for breakfast and this guy walked up beside me and he was like; "What, is it Anime Boston time again?" And I said "yeah". And with an obvious annoyed huff, he went "when does it end?" And I told him Sunday was the last day. And he just grabbed his bag of food and walked past me.
(OH, And not an anime boston-related thing. But at BK, some guy that was drunk and pestering for money came up to the table my friends and I were at and would NOT leave us alone - kept asking for x amount of money - and the idiotic woman running the cashier didn't tell him to leave or do anything until a guy sitting next to us got up and told him to leave us alone, and the two almost got into a physical fight. So not fun. x.x)

- And my friend got the typical "A few months early for Halloween, freak" remark from some guy in the mall.
Knave
Expert Poster

Post by Knave »

[quote=Chibi-Sorrow][quote=Luna]I cosplayed as Ryo-oki from Tenchi, and I was with Wizu/Wif from DNAngel. I made a point to make sure that I didn't wear my costume outside, because the year before, Wizu, and nother friend who (for that year) was Kero from Card Captors Sakura, actually got spit on by an older women who... obviously watch that CSI episode. [/quote]

At the risk of sounding slightly stupid, but... CSI episode? What the hell O.o? They have anime on CSI now?![/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fur_and_Loathing

DuckTapeBunny
AB Alumni

Post by DuckTapeBunny »

I was in a Lina Inverse Costume and everyone thought I was doing a promotional thing. x3

At the bust stop in my city some lady randomly came up to me and was like "I like your boot's where'd ya get 'em?"
I told her over at the Rainbows on Brodway, it was like she was completely oblivious to the fact I was dressed like a sorceress with an enormous cape! <3
Too funny.

Some asshat on the buss thought it would be funny to break the resin gem off my belt! D:<
abandapart13
Expert Poster

Post by abandapart13 »

Me and my two friends dressed up as ninjas so full on black. We got on the elevator and it made a stop a few floors down and opened up to a family of 4 who immediately reacted with worry but also thought we had great costumes. Same reactions could be said about the walk from the Sheraton to the Masquerade where every now and then I'd get looks from people just wondering what the hell was going on. Ultimately the ninja outfits made sense at the end of the masquerade ^_^
Syiian
Expert Poster

Post by Syiian »

Me and a couple friends were dressed as characters from Hetalia.
And some man asked us if we were boy scouts.
loveshackTARDIS

Post by loveshackTARDIS »

I got stopped a few times when walking to the Midtown.
Some guy was like, "What's going on?" So my friend and I had to tell him it was an Anime Convention. The guy proceeded to ask, "Oh. Is that a club? An internet meetup?" And the more questions asked, the more bothered we got. We just said yes and moved on.

Another time, someone was actually familiar with Anime, and was like, "Oh, that's cool. Have fun!"

Train rides, I think, are the most fun. On Saturday night I was on the red line back home and there were a whole bunch of cosplayers who began Marco Polo, again. The public must have been entertained by that.
RavioliNinja
I'm new!

Post by RavioliNinja »

Well my friend Matt dressed as Mario and I were walking through the mall. He spent the majority of the time we spent walking observing pedestrians reactions to my costume. There were many guys checking me out because from the back i looked like a really hot. I was dressed as Haruhi Suzimiya and when ever i turned around i would see people in great shock after realizing i had a BEARD. It looked as though they were going to have a heart attack. I mean it was hilarious. Nothing is more enjoyable then crushing the dreams of fan boys and normal people checking me out from behind. It was a very KINKY saturday at Anime boston. If anyone has pics of me I would like to see them.
Kyo
Expert Poster

Post by Kyo »

On Friday, I went to McDonalds for lunch and took off my coats (sport blazer and trench coat). Everyone was staring at me, but I didn't pay much attention to it; I just figured that people were wondering why I was wearing so much on such a hot day. Right after I sat down, a woman in what looked like to be in her late thirties or early forties came up to me and asked "Are those real?" Turns out that I had forgotten about my pistols that I had worn underneath the coats. I didn't take off my blazer in public after that.

Otherwise, since I closet cosplayed with ordinary clothing, nothing much happened.
masterofplush
Determined Poster

Post by masterofplush »

me and my friends were in the food court and this family with a few small little kids sat dawn next to us looking kinda weirded out and about 10 minutes later finally asked us what was going on i think she was frightened and on the train we sat near the end and no one sat in those chairs and were staring creepily at us but i had a kid run up to my friend kaylee and marvel at her kitty tail and ears
Come check out our cute plushies and cool art at Fluffy Kitten Studios
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

I was shocked at the number of people just genuinely interested in what was going on, not being evil or anything, just curious. On the first night this couple followed my friends and i from the convention center all the way T station, asking questions and stuff. Although, one lady started asking us questions (in the mall part of the convention center oddly enough) and when we said it was an anime convention she was like, "What's Anime? Some kinda cult?" I must admit, that was funny. I had the urge to say "Yeah, we eat babies and then dress up in their skins. We have a website, too, wanna check it out?" I mean, I understand people who don't know what Anime is, but a cult is one of the more bizarre things i've heard it described as. Usually it's "a group of freaky dressed people who meet once a year" or "video gamers". That lady was one of the funnier ones. The couple was fun, though, they actually asked relevant questions!
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Kyo]On Friday, I went to McDonalds for lunch and took off my coats (sport blazer and trench coat). Everyone was staring at me, but I didn't pay much attention to it; I just figured that people were wondering why I was wearing so much on such a hot day. Right after I sat down, a woman in what looked like to be in her late thirties or early forties came up to me and asked "Are those real?" Turns out that I had forgotten about my pistols that I had worn underneath the coats. I didn't take off my blazer in public after that.

Otherwise, since I closet cosplayed with ordinary clothing, nothing much happened.[/quote]

Sorry, but that made me laugh. Imagine what they must have been thinking at the time. XD
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

I think i got the worst one out of all. On the way home. It was raining and i wasn't really in costume but i had a HUGE gloomy bear hat on. So i was walking towards my house. A car full of black people honked at me then chased me to my house and stopped in front of my house and asked for pictures. I thought that was very very rude!
Urzu 7
Expert Poster

Post by Urzu 7 »

I had something interesting happen right towards the end of the Soul Eater photoshoot on Saturday. I was cosplaying Back Star (1 of only 2 @ AB) and standing off to the side with my friend (not cosplaying), when 3 women came up to me with a question. I thought that it was going to be the typical 'What's with all the costumes?' question, but it turns out that they wanted to take a picture with me because they said I looked awesome. I agreed and my friend took the picture with their camera, looking just as confused as me. I wonder, has this ever happened to anyone else?
"Amen, Hallelujah, Peanut Butter" -Dutch (Black Lagoon)
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

I got the usual " whats are you dressed up as and what for" and people pinching my cheeks >-> (i guess chouji's cheeks are pinch magnets -_-;).
You will never understand the depth of our pride
Alcor

Post by Alcor »

Some pals of mine were heading home on the T in this one car that had loads of cosplayers in it. A single middle-aged (50's or so) couple got on at one point and sat one seat away from a really in-character L cosplayer perched on his seat, also across from my Alucard friend who was grinning with fangs. While her husband fell asleep, the woman clutched his arm and stared at L and Alucard, totally terrified, and finally managed to ask what time it was. L pulled out his cellphone in genuine L style, very delicately, and kind of stared at her zombie-like and turned the phone around to show her. She was ready to jump out of her skin. It was epic.
noriko ng
Expert Poster

Post by noriko ng »

[quote=Alcor]Some pals of mine were heading home on the T in this one car that had loads of cosplayers in it. A single middle-aged (50's or so) couple got on at one point and sat one seat away from a really in-character L cosplayer perched on his seat, also across from my Alucard friend who was grinning with fangs. While her husband fell asleep, the woman clutched his arm and stared at L and Alucard, totally terrified, and finally managed to ask what time it was. L pulled out his cellphone in genuine L style, very delicately, and kind of stared at her zombie-like and turned the phone around to show her. She was ready to jump out of her skin. It was epic.[/quote]

HAHAH that would be so amusing to watch
chilmarkgryphon

Post by chilmarkgryphon »

I hope terrible sports-injury related fates befall the goddamn lacrosse players staying at the Marriott. Bastards wolfwhistled at me every time I walked through the lobby in costume, and when I was checking out one of them GRABBED my sword out of my hand and was screaming about OMG I AM GOING TO BUY THIS FROM YOU. If I hadn't been a) completely shocked and b) with my mother there would have been VIOLENCE. F*cking jocks.
The other random people were pretty nice, though. Little kids luuuurve the giant sword XD And in the food court, random people who were not attending the con asked to have their picture taken with me.
Ruthea
Experienced Poster

Post by Ruthea »

When my friends and I got to the Marriott
late Friday their were a lot of lacrosse players
in the lobby. We were waiting in line and the
man behind us was on a cellphone and he said
to the other person that it looked like Disney Land. :/
Anime Boston Attendee 2007-2018 :D
Co-Winner of Pictionary 2018 (we both got a stuffed Wheatley from Portal)
ikki33
Expert Poster

Post by ikki33 »

[quote=Vanguard]Not ten minutes ago, I had a woman ask me if the con was about teaching prenatal care skills to med students, it seems she mistook this convention for another being held soon. I had to tell her it was an anime convention three times before the message finally registered, the fact that I wasn't dressed like a person attending a medical conference should have been a pretty obvious clue.[/quote]
dude was that on the green line in cause i think i was sitting across from you
Luna

Post by Luna »

[quote=Chibi-Sorrow][quote=Luna]I cosplayed as Ryo-oki from Tenchi, and I was with Wizu/Wif from DNAngel. I made a point to make sure that I didn't wear my costume outside, because the year before, Wizu, and nother friend who (for that year) was Kero from Card Captors Sakura, actually got spit on by an older women who... obviously watch that CSI episode. [/quote]

At the risk of sounding slightly stupid, but... CSI episode? What the hell O.o? They have anime on CSI now?![/quote]

XD I'll PM you about it, because it could start a problem ^^
Calorie
Expert Poster

Post by Calorie »

In the garden area of the Prudential where most of the gatherings and games of duck, duck goose :) The couple with a baby walked up to us (we were cosplaying) and asked what convention is at the Hynes? Anime Boston, what's anime? Replied a celebration of Japanese animation.

They went ohh!

The wife said, so that's what it is. We didn't know what it was but the costumes everyone is wearing is BEAUTIFUL!!!

<3 these people!

---------

And lol @ the terrorist comment towards Shino and Kakashi... seriously...what's wrong with people?
----

sushilover

Post by sushilover »

My friends and I were dressed as girl versions of Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi and when we were walking through the mall I heard a 'Mawiioooo!'. So our Mario stops and when I turn to look I hear a "Luweeegi!" This family with 3 little boys probably between 3 and 5 years old dressed for a red sox game were pointing at us all excited. Their parents asked if we would mind taking a picture with them and afterward we gave them high fives. When we waved bye to them and started to leave, one of the boys got such a sad look on his face like he'd only just realized we wouldn't be going with them lol.

My favorite picture request all weekend :content:
YanYan1337

Post by YanYan1337 »

i was cosplaying a genome soldier and i kept on getting dirty looks from the ppl in the kiosks cause i had my airsoft gun slung over my shoulder and im thinking wow what if this was a real gun and i was some crazy loon lol

also some old lady grabbed my rifle and was like IS THIS A REAL GUN!!! AHHHH!!
takmatsumotojr

Post by takmatsumotojr »

[quote=Calorie]
And lol @ the terrorist comment towards Shino and Kakashi... seriously...what's wrong with people?
[/quote]

Seriously...-_- lol
Can't get a drink w/o being called a terrorist *pout*
alissa37
Expert Poster

Post by alissa37 »

I had a nice laugh at a tourist discreeeeetely taking a picture of a girl in costume. I don't know if the girl noticed.
Paine

Post by Paine »

wonderful reactions to my red contacts cat ears leash collar and mask on the walk back to my car and then drive home... i love freaking people out...
Bamboozle
Expert Poster

Post by Bamboozle »

a group of people walking behind my gf and I said "i must have missed the dress up day memo" making snide remarks to his friends. I said, "you must have gotten the other one, you know.. the being a d-bag memo"
Lovesorax.x

Post by Lovesorax.x »

We were in the mall's food court, and this family with like 4 adults and 4 teenagers who looked like they just got out of abrecrombie were standing around laughing. They looked like they didn't have a clue what was going on.
There was also alot of people who gave weird stares as me and my friend got on the subway/train even when I was wearing my sweatshirt over my Kairi costume. Oh good times...

Truth was, we were laughing at them, for being so confused.
zarchasm
Experienced Poster

Post by zarchasm »

[quote=Reather]I was Dressed as shino and my friend was kakashi and we were leaving wall greens that was right across the street from the mall. as we were leaving some guys walk by saying that we support terrorism.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA. That just made my day. xD
zarchasm
Experienced Poster

Post by zarchasm »

[quote=sushilover]My friends and I were dressed as girl versions of Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi and when we were walking through the mall I heard a 'Mawiioooo!'. So our Mario stops and when I turn to look I hear a "Luweeegi!" This family with 3 little boys probably between 3 and 5 years old dressed for a red sox game were pointing at us all excited. Their parents asked if we would mind taking a picture with them and afterward we gave them high fives. When we waved bye to them and started to leave, one of the boys got such a sad look on his face like he'd only just realized we wouldn't be going with them lol.

My favorite picture request all weekend :content: [/quote]

Dawwwwwwww. :]
angel1kml

Post by angel1kml »

Heh. While walking toward the convention center one of those trolly-style tour buses passed me and my friends who were all dressed up as Naruto characters. The trolly seemed to have came to a dead stop beside us and the tour-guide used his speaker to ask us "Where the party was"

My oh-so-clever retort? "JAPAN!"
Kitkaykandy

Post by Kitkaykandy »

there were a bunch of the lacrosse guys staying at the hilton who kept giving us nasty looks when ever they say us. it was amusing.

i only had a few people ask me what was going on and i just told them a convention for japanese cartoons. they all just stoped then. except one guy who say somthing about a huge geek gathering.
pandasqueak

Post by pandasqueak »

People on the T kept wondering what the hell was going on, seeing my friends dressed as Sora and Axel. And some guy driving a bus asked us if we were dressed to go to the Sox game. o__o

A random lady in an elevator smiled at our Axel and poked her hair.
And I got whistled at on Sunday, walking around Boston (I was dressed as a schoolgirl).
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

Haha, my friends and I got a response like that about two years ago when we did a Sailor Moon cosplay. We were in the food court eating when a group of non con-goers came up to us squealing and asking for a picture. Before they left one of them whispered to us "Sorry my freinds are so weird" and when she left we broke out into fits of laughter.
Then there was this group of guys (who also weren't part of the con) who jumped into a photo we were posing for on our way back to the convention center. They copyed our poses and everything. It was very amusing.
Kvalla

Post by Kvalla »

Saturday morning riding in was pretty vacant (departed at 5am), but the ride back was rather entertaining. I was in full lolita gear and VERY hyper from the excellent afternoon, so my mouth was running all the way home. Lots of staring from the male population on the T as well as murmuring and pointing from others. We had a couple hour wait at North Station since we got the train schedule screwed up and one guy came up to me and asked how much I was. ;-; I clung to my Shinji and squealed 'don't let the bad man take me!' Highlight of my commuting experience this year.

I didn't get as many odd looks on Sunday... or at least the ride there. It was pretty early, like the previous day. I was standing out in front of the Hynes for a while with my significant other, and I could see several mothers in line as well lean over to their offspring and whisper while glancing back at me, I'm assuming concerning the bulge of baby beneath my sundress. People need to be more discreet when talking about other peoples =/
Later this day I had switched out of my second Asuka costume due to the unruliness of my wig and changed into my newly bought schoolgirl uniform. This time on the way back to the station we took a wrong turn in walking and ending up going down a really busy street. I wove through the swarm of people and, like pandasqueak, got whistled and shouted at.
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Post by Synaizen »

[quote=Cepeta]Saturday morning riding in was pretty vacant (departed at 5am), but the ride back was rather entertaining. I was in full lolita gear and VERY hyper from the excellent afternoon, so my mouth was running all the way home. Lots of staring from the male population on the T as well as murmuring and pointing from others. We had a couple hour wait at North Station since we got the train schedule screwed up and one guy came up to me and asked how much I was. ;-; I clung to my Shinji and squealed 'don't let the bad man take me!' Highlight of my commuting experience this year.

I didn't get as many odd looks on Sunday... or at least the ride there. It was pretty early, like the previous day. I was standing out in front of the Hynes for a while with my significant other, and I could see several mothers in line as well lean over to their offspring and whisper while glancing back at me, I'm assuming concerning the bulge of baby beneath my sundress. People need to be more discreet when talking about other peoples =/
Later this day I had switched out of my second Asuka costume due to the unruliness of my wig and changed into my newly bought schoolgirl uniform. This time on the way back to the station we took a wrong turn in walking and ending up going down a really busy street. I wove through the swarm of people and, like pandasqueak, got whistled and shouted at. [/quote]

Miniskirt chant is necessary.
RC
Veteran Poster

Post by RC »

[quote=Synaizen][quote=Cepeta]Saturday morning riding in was pretty vacant (departed at 5am), but the ride back was rather entertaining. I was in full lolita gear and VERY hyper from the excellent afternoon, so my mouth was running all the way home. Lots of staring from the male population on the T as well as murmuring and pointing from others. We had a couple hour wait at North Station since we got the train schedule screwed up and one guy came up to me and asked how much I was. ;-; I clung to my Shinji and squealed 'don't let the bad man take me!' Highlight of my commuting experience this year.

Later this day I had switched out of my second Asuka costume due to the unruliness of my wig and changed into my newly bought schoolgirl uniform. This time on the way back to the station we took a wrong turn in walking and ending up going down a really busy street. I wove through the swarm of people and, like pandasqueak, got whistled and shouted at. [/quote]

Miniskirt chant is necessary.[/quote]

Miniskirt? Where?!

Hm, sorry. That was reflexive...
Kineticka

Post by Kineticka »

My absolute favorite was when we were walking along a residential block, and a woman with her slightly older mother had just parked. I was dressed as Roxas, with a bunch of other Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy characters. The older lady got out of the car, and started clapping for us, and her daughter just grinned and said we'd made her mother's day. They didn't ask what was going on, so I can only assume that they had an idea of what the con was about.

Another fun one was a Duck Tours boat thing going by us, and the whole lot of them just yelled at the top of their lungs. I think their tour guide had instructed them to bellow at any and all people wandering the streets in costume. We waved and yelled back at them. ^_^ It was good times.

We were in the Marriott with the Lacrosse teams, but we pretty much mutually ignored each other. If they said anything, I did not notice, nor did I particularly care.
eevee
AB Staff

Post by eevee »

[quote=Captain Fuzzy]I got a similar reaction from people a few times. It pretty much went "I hate when these weirdos in costumes invade the......Is that Quail-Man? Holy poopy that is awesome!"[/quote]

OMG U were the Quail-Man?! u were awesome!!!
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15
Cat
Experienced Poster

Post by Cat »

Sunday taking the trolley back to the Boston Common Parking garage, I was pleased to see that there was an AB poster on the car right where I was standing. I was hoping someone would ask about my cat outfit, so I could just point to the poster ^,^

But sadly, no one asked.

Lot's of smiles though as I was walking across the Common.