Left 4 Dead?

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Left 4 Dead?

Post by coolforever »

I was wondering if something like Left 4 Dead might work out at Anime Boston, but I just wanted to know if anyone else likes that game. The game is MEANT for more than one person so I would like to know if it might be at AB. :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Joe P. »

If L4D works, we might as well just ask for a dedicated Lan section at AB.

Imagine all the fun with TF2 =3
megatron1179
Getting the hang of this...

Left 4 Dead?

Post by megatron1179 »

I 2nd L4D, that game is great!
Darkend
Veteran Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Darkend »

L4d Would be interesting. would be fun to get a lol Tourney going, see what team can accumulate the most points
Blue-eyed-demon

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Blue-eyed-demon »

L4D is awesome I'd be up for it.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Left 4 Dead?

Post by coolforever »

I'd be willing to bring my copy in if that'd be ok with the staff, but I'm certain they probably don't allow that lol
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
brie84
Determined Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by brie84 »

[quote=coolforever]I was wondering if something like Left 4 Dead might work out at Anime Boston, but I just wanted to know if anyone else likes that game. The game is MEANT for more than one person so I would like to know if it might be at AB. :)[/quote]

L4D will be put into consideration of games to be in the GR
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by lunchbox »

A dedicated LAN section seems unlikely at this point. If it were going to be on anything it would likely be the 360.
VoD
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by VoD »

I think it'd be great to have L4D. If it's on the PC then that's kewl, but I'm used to the 360 version.

That's def. gonna piss people off, though. Lots of people will just go "OMFG, F'IN NEWBZ PLAYIN TRIPLE SIXTEE" and it'll make for less competition. =/

lunchbox
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by lunchbox »

People would call you a n00b for playing on a 360, man...you get called a n00b for anything these days. That used to be reserved for people in counterstrike that kept falling off of ladders or didn't know how to buy weapons and stuff. Just because you play the game on a console earns you that status..then by that same token COD4 on 360 should earn someone the same title, since its also available for PC.
sakothesmallone

Left 4 Dead?

Post by sakothesmallone »

I'm imagining more than one 360 consoles at GR with Left4Dead and everyone yelling at each other during verses or campaign. Versus would be better.

Ah well, let's see how you guys pull this game off. I love Left4Dead!
Darkend
Veteran Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Darkend »

L4D is horrible on the PC anyways, it's a True Console game, 4 Player co Op, it cam out on Xbox first anyways.

COD4 is a diffrent story. I have played both versions myself, and the console version is a lto better, takes mreo skill. .seeign how teh PC version all you have to do is strafe and get a headshot lol.
Last edited by Darkend on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: /endrant for COD4
VoD
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by VoD »

... XD

I don't even have a decent PC to run it and I know that it's better on PC.

More people cooperate, more servers, everyone has a mic, mods, and skins, random other cool stuff.

I dunno. I'd be up for either version, though.
DuctTapeGuy
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by DuctTapeGuy »

I call Zoey or Louis. But I sadly do not own a decent PC so you will see me at the 360 version as well
Bamboozle
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Bamboozle »

[quote=Darkend]L4D is horrible on the PC anyways, it's a True Console game, 4 Player co Op, it cam out on Xbox first anyways.

COD4 is a diffrent story. I have played both versions myself, and the console version is a lto better, takes mreo skill. .seeign how teh PC version all you have to do is strafe and get a headshot lol.
[/quote]

I beg to differ, L4D was released on both at the same time. This game was made for mouse and keyboard. Anyone that thinks this game is "horrible" on pc does not know what there talking about. Iv tried it on both systems and I can say with confidence that the console game cant compare to the pc version.
LargeLloyd

Left 4 Dead?

Post by LargeLloyd »

[quote=Bamboozle][quote=Darkend]L4D is horrible on the PC anyways, it's a True Console game, 4 Player co Op, it cam out on Xbox first anyways.

[/quote]

I beg to differ, L4D was released on both at the same time. This game was made for mouse and keyboard. Anyone that thinks this game is "horrible" on pc does not know what there talking about. Iv tried it on both systems and I can say with confidence that the console game cant compare to the pc version.[/quote]

[color:purple]Well it depends on the person its easier to aim and pull a trigger and hold it for a person who plays consoles all day. To others they think its better for the computer because its easier for us who use computers all the time because that's what we do. I have the game for both my 360 and comp because I have friends who agree with that but I will defiantly be bringing my 360 to play some L4D.[/color]
DuctTapeGuy
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by DuctTapeGuy »

Is anyone bringing their laptop for steam related games? I know that they dont have a dedicated spot but we need some sort of LAN and i am willing to do anything for that lol.
Cinor

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Cinor »

I'd much prefer to have L4D or L4D2 on a console than on a pc.
Bwentali
Expert Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Bwentali »

a-men to that
Disko

Left 4 Dead?

Post by Disko »

I'd much prefer to have L4D or L4D2 on a console than on a pc.
agreeeed~
JohnHunter41
Experienced Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by JohnHunter41 »

Left 4 Dead either 1 or 2? HELL YEA! i better grab my peelz. then kill all sons a bitches cuz thats my 'ficial instructions
kiajan

Left 4 Dead?

Post by kiajan »

[color:blue]That would be awesome to see. Even though i'm staff this year,i still plan to attend the con as an attendee and the gaming marathons is one place i plan to be[/color]
kiajan

Left 4 Dead?

Post by kiajan »

Would be awesome to possibly see either the first and or second bioshock too
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

L4D YESSS. :D
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

Left 4 Dead?

Post by DeMarcus »

Yes, this year won't be any different as well...

Our L4D setup is usually a two tv lan so two people per screen can play a full campaign