Dance Dance Revolution

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Nice to meet you Mole :) Very very generous of you ^.^ (I would do the same if I had my own machine! *goes off into dreaming...*)

The thumb-drive thing doesn't sound that bad XD Just put it in and take it out! (I mainly say this because I am very excited to bring a few songs hehe, Tricky Disco, Crazy Loop, CaramellDansen remix XD)

Curious question about it though! What's the max MB size and cut off limit for song length? Just so I know and can prepare for it :) I assume 5MB and 2.5 mins? Thanks!
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

oh man...Tricky Disco...yes! :)
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

XD Easily one of my favorites! Can't get higher than 96+ on it }:( Stupid black flag on it today >.<
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Songs like Tricky Disco will probably already be on the machine, as will most well-known and frequently-played files.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

I am not taking chances! :P Crazy Loop (Mm-Ma-Ma) is also a VERY fun song :D 95.97 on it today haha, yay for new record
The MOLE
Getting the hang of this...

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

Tricky Disco is available from novice to the 10 bar expert (Rynkers Chart I Believe) and johanna and crazy loop are available via LUMPY STEPS pack as well as Tunak Tunak Tan. Like 9volt said, if its popular and or on groovestats,its most likely on my machine :]. I also have a megapack of songs that are from groovestats and or that i just like to play often. 110 songs in all :} Unreleased Pack haha but non original.

As for cutoff time, that will be decided by the gameroom staff and myself. I think 5 minutes is more then fair and I believe others will agree but it is yet to be determined. I can set it from 1 - 10 Minutes or unlimited depending on how slow things are in the game room but I honestly dont forsee their being a lack of interest at any point in time this year :]

In regards to the MB size. I will be making this unlimited so that you dont have to sacrifice the quality of your OGG's :] however so far the average limit for songs loaded off pendrives is 30, so keep that in mind.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Well that is good to hear ;) I know the machine I play on is limited to 5MB so we get stuck with just the SM and OGG file and have to leave out the backgrounds and banners :P And very VERY frequently have to change the timestamp and it just doesn't always work out for the best >.<

And schweet :D I actually forgot about Johanna for a second (Not really sure why, great song). I am indeed though looking forward to this AnimeBoston pack :P WTB Ride on Shooting Star! *Dreams back to last year when he saw the pillows in the second row...*
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Btw, Crazy Loop and Johanna are from Mandodo's pack, not Lumpy's.

Besides filling out some difficulties for a couple of charts, the pack is pretty much done. There will be two packs. One is the Anime Boston 2009 pack, and the other is Anime Boston 2009 Plus. The former contains various anime, japanese, and video game songs with charts created by myself and Joe P. The Plus pack contains more songs of that nature created by other step artists.

I'll release the song list as soon as the pack gets finalized. Stay tuned.
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

So 9volt said there were going to be anime/Japaneses artist added to the list. All I ask if for 2 of my favorite Japanese artist. Ayumi Hamasaki and of course Utada Hikaru (other than Simple and Clean) please :)
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

/agree with Brie

Is that ok for a straight guy to be agreeing with? lol *ponders*
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=Futuresight] /agree with Brie

Is that ok for a straight guy to be agreeing with? lol *ponders*[/quote]

it is ok in my book ;)
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

We've got one of the two. :)
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

QQ which one! :P

I'm getting alittle too excited over this tourney XD No one around my area really plays anymore other than the occasional round and that's pretty much it.

Can't really PA with yourself except to beat records :( Can't wait to meet/play with some people who love anime/ddr as much as I do :P
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

I'm gonna go with 9volt on this issue :-p.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

Hey Mole, are you on DDR Freak? Cause I'm almost positive i've seen you on there.

BTW, when you insert your thumb drive and upload the songs to the machine, after you are done does it still keep those songs on there or does it just delete them all until someone else loads them?
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=coolforever]Hey Mole, are you on DDR Freak? Cause I'm almost positive i've seen you on there.

BTW, when you insert your thumb drive and upload the songs to the machine, after you are done does it still keep those songs on there or does it just delete them all until someone else loads them?[/quote]

I think most of the people posting in the thread are on DDRFreak...Joel is The Mole on there,check out the NE threads
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Wow....I haven't posted on DDRFreak in like 4 years lol XD Forgot all about that site!

Edit: Decided to give it a check since it's been awhile :P Brie, you going to the TGA auction? I've never been there personally, but I am thinking about going and maybe bidding on some items, especially the ITG2 machine
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

DDRFreak (at least in the NE forums) is getting kindof uninteresting. Not a lot of people post in it anymore.

Also I do have to add that playing of the Anime Boston soundpack will be a must for the gameroom experience :o
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

You can't add custom videos for ITG though, can you? because it would be awesome to dance to the pillows with the official video in the background :P
Mike Sweeney

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Joe you need to send me those last few charts so we can finalize the pack.
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

I'll get back to you later about it. I might finish up a few more on my break after class.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Coolforever,

Usually the machine will either:

A) On RARE occasions, actually run the video but 90% of the time it messes up the sync and just makes it no fun.

or

B) It will not run it due to size, etc.

You're better off with just a banner imo :P But yes, Ride on Shooting Star = awesome, with or without the video :)
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=Futuresight]Wow....I haven't posted on DDRFreak in like 4 years lol XD Forgot all about that site!

Edit: Decided to give it a check since it's been awhile :P Brie, you going to the TGA auction? I've never been there personally, but I am thinking about going and maybe bidding on some items, especially the ITG2 machine[/quote]
Yes I will be there,I'll try and stuff my car full of friends who need a ride. I'll try and bid on some items. I'll be there to support Andy and Chie and to see my TGA friends all together...it will be a sad but hopefully fun day
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

I feel bad I've never gone to that place before. I certainly would like to go there for the auction though to support them.
Mike Sweeney

kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Ya I hope I can go.
Anyways

I take the long drive to play ITG today, and decide to play Crazy Loop as a warmup..... weird how I got a new record, 96.05

Play it again later after I eat...96.06

>.>

Gonna be awhile before it gets to a double star lol <.<
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

I'm still kinda confused though, I know how to run Stepmania cause I've played it for 4 years now, but how exactly do you load custom songs into ITG? Do you put the actual song folders into the flash drive, or do you put the Mix name folder with the song folders in the flash drive?

Also, is there anything you have to change from Stepmania files to get them to work on ITG?

Oh yeah, didn't someone say custom banners DO work?
Mike Sweeney

Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Let's say that E:\ is your flash drive.

To put a custom song on your flash drive to play it on an R21/R23 ITG2 cab, your song must be in a folder under the directory E:\In The Groove 2\Songs\

The song file must be in an OGG format under 2 minutes in length and 5MB in size, and the chart must be in an SM format. Say you want to put Quasar on your card, you need to have the OGG and the SM file in a folder named "Quasar", and it needs to go in the Songs folder on your flash drive.

When you play ITG, your songs will be automatically loaded up into a folder according to your tag name. Custom banners, backgrounds and videos do NOT work.

In other news, the Anime Boston song pack is near completion. Here are a couple of preview videos of songs that will be in the pack:

Preview 1
Preview 2
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

This is looking pretty awesome on the DDR/ITG front. Good stuff Dave and Joe P. Its looking like this machine is going to be primarily ITG at this point. All I know is that with all this good stuff I almost wish we could make a staff block where if you're not on VG staff you can't play :-p, of course that wouldn't happen because that would be messed up in many ways. Consider me entered into any and all tourney's on the DDR/ITG machine.

In regards to TGA:
I will definitely be going to this auction as well, to support Andy and Chie and to see people I likely will not see on a regular basis after this date. If I had the money I would seriously just give it to them for the sake of keeping TGA open. Oh well...nothing you can do.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

That's really cool that you guys feel so passionate about your local arcade/hang out spot :D Wish I had somewhere like that around here.

I may go just to keep the ITG machine alive if my financial situation is looking ok closer to that date. Maybe I can get at least a grand together lol >.< Probably be outbid pretty quick but still be cool to just go, pretty far drive for myself though, think it's about 4 hours? Who know!
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

Like i said i can switch mixes and between DDR AND ITG at anytime but will most likely have set times to switch between mixes during the con to keep it interesting. Im going to be testing out all my ddr mixes today to determine just what mixes will be available :] I might have a surpise or two in my next post depending on how today goes :]. I also think at some point their should be a poll either on here and or on ddrfreak to determine what mixes should be running and at what times. So people will know when to come and such :} I think it will add to the variety of my machine and game room overall. Any Suggestions on this ?
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

I am all about 5th mix at anytime...as long as I'm not in costume...what a pain. So maybe later in the night?

As for TGA, it was a great place, I urge everyone to go to the auction even if you never went, go to support a great dream that had to end.
It wasn't just an arcade, it seriously was a 2nd home, Andy and Chie were to cool older brother and sister (in my eyes) they made sure you had a good time, enjoyed the food and the games, TGA will truly be missed. :(
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

I'd love to play 5th mix as well. I've only played the mix on Stepmania, not in an actual arcade. There are some GREAT songs on there.

One more quick question about ITG though, I know how to put the songs on now, but are official simfiles (from every official DDR mix) in .ogg format? or do I have to convert everything?
Mike Sweeney

The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

Everything will be in .mp3 format by default. And I am going to be testing if .mp3 will read off pendrives tonight since im running a very specific version of itg that may or may not allow that.

I also have been toying with the idea of having all mixes 1st through DDR X running on ITG as well to save trouble of switching between ITG and DDR hardware so frequently but I just dont think it will be the same expierience. Thoughts on this ?
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=The MOLE]Everything will be in .mp3 format by default. And I am going to be testing if .mp3 will read off pendrives tonight since im running a very specific version of itg that may or may not allow that.

I also have been toying with the idea of having all mixes 1st through DDR X running on ITG as well to save trouble of switching between ITG and DDR hardware so frequently but I just dont think it will be the same expierience. Thoughts on this ?[/quote]

it would save time not switching between the different versions of them...and cranky con goers who want to play NOW! So you might make it a little easier on some people, especially yourself.
I say why not :thumbup:
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

As for the "experience", I doubt most people would notice the difference besides there may not being a banner for all the songs, or the color of arrows and presence of mines lol.

I say go for it :thumbup:
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

I say go for it too. I think a lot of people will be happy in general just to play on an actual DDR machine for free at the convention. I wish I lived in cape cod so I could play all day at your house LOL. :P
Mike Sweeney

kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Well go to the TGA auctioning and maybe you can take home a great machine for yourself :P

BTW

Loituma = DEVIL SONG >.< 91.68%, all I can say is ouch :(
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

GAH it still burns! lol, oh sweet jesus my side....

Anywho! When can we expect this list of AB pack songs :)?

*Please god have Ride on Shooting Star*
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

The problem is that the TGA auction is only a couple of weeks after AB. So I'll most likely be wiped out of money. I would love to try to get a machine though, but i'd need a giant truck as well as plenty of gas back to my house :P
Mike Sweeney

brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=coolforever]The problem is that the TGA auction is only a couple of weeks after AB. So I'll most likely be wiped out of money. I would love to try to get a machine though, but i'd need a giant truck as well as plenty of gas back to my house :P[/quote]

I think super auction (the ones handling the auction) take payment plans... I'm not 100% read the forums
tokyo game action
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Said he was going to check with them, but I'm sure they would require a big down-payment at least. Or if there were going to be loan companies there on the site during the auction, /shrug.
Deany Kong
Experienced Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Deany Kong »

I was hoping we'd be playing DDR, not ITG...
2008: Rob Lucci | 2009: Rob Lucci | 2010: Walter
2011: Gary Oak | 2012: Gary Oak | 2013: Tony Stark
2014: Space Dandy | 2015: Space Dandy | 2016: Crocodile
2017: Grown-up who feels to old to cosplay. | 2018: Grown-up who feels to old to cosplay.
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

it will be a mix of both machines...I like DDR better than ITG also ;)
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

Yeah DDR is tons better, I'm just looking forward to ITG for that Anime Boston songpack :o
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

There will be both in some form or another.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

I think ITG gives a bigger challenge for AA and AAA's, but that's just my opinion. A good mix of both just = all the more better!

Plus the ability to play custom songs, save info easier, bigger song selection, more mods, etc. Yay for opinions!
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

Im going to bring both hardware setups since I can tell allot of people want both and want the total experience :] and hell I wanna show off what Iv worked on for so long!:] Im very proud of my machine. Just waiting on mike to let me know how much im being offered since im still broke and have no where for me and my friend to stay :/
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

If I had space, I would offer it /comfort
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

Believe me, A LOT of us appreciate what you're doing. I'm glad we're having a DDR machine and hopefully I can see you there and thank you in person for letting us use it. :D

Also, I've only played ITG once at BZ in Lowell, and that was a LONG time ago. How different is it from DDR in terms of playing it?
Mike Sweeney

kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Not a whole lot is different.

There are mines in alot of songs. ITG songs can easily be seen as "longer" than DDR.

Than it comes down to opinion as in which is "better" for the most part.