Dance Dance Revolution

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
Kyla_Ewens
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Kyla_Ewens »

Hmm, well I've been using DDRMAX2 for a long time now. Never had to replace my mat either. Lasted a suprisingly long time. The new DDR for the WII comming out on the 9th looks pretty good. I'd say it's time for me to update.
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

Hell Yes. DDRMax2 CS was a great mix. It's licenses were kindof easy but they were soo good.

Wish DDREX CS coulda been better though :(
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Well just wait for the machine release than :D
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by DeMarcus »

... DDR Extreme machine has been out since 2002...

I'm assuming you mean X, and it's at a bunch of places if your willing to travel... full scale release is in april though...
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

[quote=DeMarcus]full scale release is in april though[/quote]

Doubt I will see a single cabinet anywhere around me *sigh* Yay for traveling
Kyla_Ewens
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Kyla_Ewens »

Well I'm happy to report that I picked up DDR Hottest Party 2 for the Wii this weekend. XD I love the music selection. I really like the arena mode, it makes the game even more addicting (didn't know that was possible). It seems I'm not nearly as terrible as my old worn out dance mat was leading me to believe. And I'm very pleased with the mat that came with the game. It doesn't slide around on the rug nearly as much, and it seems much more durable. I'm a lot more confident about dancing in my costume on light mode now.
MachoZ
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by MachoZ »

[quote=Kyla_Ewens]Well I'm happy to report that I picked up DDR Hottest Party 2 for the Wii this weekend. XD I love the music selection. I really like the arena mode, it makes the game even more addicting (didn't know that was possible). It seems I'm not nearly as terrible as my old worn out dance mat was leading me to believe. And I'm very pleased with the mat that came with the game. It doesn't slide around on the rug nearly as much, and it seems much more durable. I'm a lot more confident about dancing in my costume on light mode now. [/quote]

I have been considering the Wii DDR titles, but for every extra wii in the room, if it does not have Brawl, Tatsunoko, or Naruto in some variation people go nuts. its hard enough to get any of our other titles out on the floor, like Mario Kart / Party or House of the Dead, or Umbrella Chronicles or Lightsaber Duels (which I love) Do you guys out there like Hottest Party? OR do you prefer DDR on PS2/Xbox and keep the titles above on Wii? Tell me what you guys think.

Thanks

M
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

I think the majority of us prefer the arcade machine :P

But seriously, the PS2 ones are the most popular I believe. As far as the latest versions go, Universe 3 on the 360 looks pretty good though.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Played Universe 3, just doesn't compare to either the Jap. import of DDR Extreme for PS2, or Supernova

But of course the machine is always better XD (Any machine is better!) Even ITG (which IMO is better anyways)
MachoZ
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by MachoZ »

Good Input so far. Same Reason we don't put out DDR on 360. Thats a console wars issue in my opinion. Only reason I would like DDR Universe 3 is because our buddy DM Ashura has tracks in it.

I think I was talking to other folks as well, and I think my second in command agrees, keep the focus on our PS2/xbox and not worry about Wii and 360. 360 - forget about it! Thats FPS's and now we have SFIV setups on those, Rock Band and GH:WT I think people would prefer the Import DDR:Extreme anyway.

New Question.

Just to you AB forum locals.

We have DDR:Extreme (Import) the others are all domestic. any other import versions you would like to see?

M
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Correct me if someone knows better than I do, but as far as I can remember all the imports song lists are close to identical with the US releases (With the exception of Extreme).

One of the DDR Max's had a slight variation of step charts and songs as well but I can't remember which.

So based on all this talk about console choices, I think it's getting to be that time to rule out a possible machine present @ the con?
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

[quote=Futuresight]Correct me if someone knows better than I do, but as far as I can remember all the imports song lists are close to identical with the US releases (With the exception of Extreme).

One of the DDR Max's had a slight variation of step charts and songs as well but I can't remember which.

So based on all this talk about console choices, I think it's getting to be that time to rule out a possible machine present @ the con?[/quote]

As far as import versions of SN/SN2 compared to their US versions, they had a lot of different songs on the Import games (IMO more interesting than the US versions.)

the import DDREX is pretty solid though. Not very up to date but it's got enough to please.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

See? Joe knows more :D Thanks for correcting me.

Haven't bought a console version since Supernova's midnite release and haven't been catching up on the latest news either :P Just going off my memory (Which apparently isn't that good!)

Any of the songs in the imports compared to the US titles on any of the machines? Just curious to see if I would know any :)
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=Joe P.]Hell Yes. DDRMax2 CS was a great mix. It's licenses were kindof easy but they were soo good.

Wish DDREX CS coulda been better though :([/quote]

Ahh Max2,what a great mix. I still have all my DDR mixes from Max-SN1. Max2 was my 2nd mix I played on. Went from 5th, to Max2, and then Extreme. But by far Max2 has my heart with simple classics like "Let's Groove" and who could forget "The Whistle Song" and a personal favorite "Drifting Away"
Hard to find that mix...a few up here in NH. ;)
Kyla_Ewens
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Kyla_Ewens »

Ah ha ha ha, The Whistle Song...I think that was one of the first songs I tried when I got it. I did so poorly because I couldn't stop laughing at the song.

Well, DDRHP2 for Wii is really fun, but definatley not as hard as DDRMAX2, or the levels of difficulty are slightly different anyway. Normal mode is more like MAX2's Lite mode. This doesn't bother me since I'm not hardcore about it. XD Made me feel a lot better to see that much of the trouble I was having with MAX2 last week was due to a worn out pad. So whatever version is at Anime Boston, I'll attempt at least one round on Lite mode. :3 *Is very excited*
Graceria
I'm Special!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Graceria »

There's a DDR machine up on eBay right now but, concidering the expense of buying one, I seriously doubt the con staff will be getting one any time soon. The con will have to rely on someone loaning/renting them one or we'll just have to make due with a console and pads.
MachoZ
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by MachoZ »

[quote=Graceria]There's a DDR machine up on eBay right now but, concidering the expense of buying one, I seriously doubt the con staff will be getting one any time soon. The con will have to rely on someone loaning/renting them one or we'll just have to make due with a console and pads.[/quote]

We were originally going to start purchasing Arcade Cabinets but we decided against it for now. We are working on a project (which we cant speak of too much) to open a Japanese Arcade in Atlana. We will be at the TGA Auction coming up soon. Its a tragedy what happened there, and we thought about buying the place, but the repairs I heard were a little crazy. We are working on a partnership with one of our associate business partners to sell the services of his machines for a really nice price (similar to what we were going to rent them for) and have a logistics company drop it off, set it up, tear it down, and pick it up.

So potentially AB2010 we might have an array of machines to setup.

Problem is everyone wants the machines and very few people have them and the ones that do price it way too high, so you get some folks that support it wherever it is, than fade as prices continue to rise. Then those vendors or locations disappear because they can not support their locations and think of charging more and that just makes it worse.

That's where we come in, trying to bring it to everyone at a more reasonable rate. Problem is, the Point A to Point B is what will kill a business, I'm looking at Arcade Cabinets very carefully - but our goal is to have 4 DDR, 4 ITG, Initial D and Wangan Midinight along with Puri Kura photo booths, very soon - whether in on of our locations down south or available to cons.

M
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Sorry for mistakes lol
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

Umm...no where was it said that there were no machines. Manny is speaking on behalf of his company and their future plans for machines (which sound pretty awesome). We're (Anime Boston) talking to local arcades/arcade machine owners about machines. We just don't have any concrete information regarding them so we haven't posted any yes or no to machines. Please be patient and there will be more information.

As to home versions, Extreme US CS is one of the worst DDR releases. Also, supernova 2 CS JP is way better in terms of song choice than Supernova 2 US, unless you really want to play fallout boy and not have hardly any of the Arcade songs in the CS release. Supernova CS releases were near identical, but I believe the japanese version had Trim, and maybe another song I'm not aware of. So I'd ask for Supernova 2 JP in terms of an import title just based on better song list.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

My mistake :) I got mixed up with the one running the tourneys and the one setting up the room in general. Just woke up and brain wasn't thinking! Sorry ^.^
LegendofMyth
Experienced Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by LegendofMyth »

Anime Boston should totally buy TGA's DDR Forever Machine. =)
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

Except they upgraded (and by upgraded I mean anything is better than ddr forever was) it to a 5th mix
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

they haven't had forever for a couple years...
LegendofMyth
Experienced Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by LegendofMyth »

Oh well, I hadnt been there in along time.

I'm sure Anime boston could pick up some nice games if they wanted. =)
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=LegendofMyth]Anime Boston should totally buy TGA's DDR Forever Machine. =)[/quote]

They had to get rid of the Forever machine because they started working with Konami, and having a bootleg copy of a game that your business some what partner makes...well it doesn't look to good now does it?

Also there is nothing wrong with 5th mix...I know how to ready that sweet sweet 1x...oh yeah give me Night In Motion, Only You, Make Your Move, or Boom Boom Dollar any day...yeah started on 5th mix at FW...good times :D
Finalmike
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Finalmike »

No love for the ps3! I don't see the reasoning for no ps3 versions. More songs to fit on a nice blu ray disc, wireless everything, and online... plus, uh, not having to dig out the ps2! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is dying for PS3DDR! Anyone know of any plans for a release?
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

For some reason, I could see a new DDR happening as a PSN title. It'd be pretty rad honestly. No clue how they'd go about the game pad though.

If X-box can get Beat'n Groovy, then PS3 deserves its own not-music band rhythm games.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

[quote=Finalmike]No love for the ps3! I don't see the reasoning for no ps3 versions. More songs to fit on a nice blu ray disc, wireless everything, and online... plus, uh, not having to dig out the ps2! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is dying for PS3DDR! Anyone know of any plans for a release?[/quote]

That is a good point, PS3 hasn't seen any love as towards a rhythm game, but like Joe pointed out it would probably be a pain for the pad unless it was metal. Only way I could imagine the wireless working to the point it would be worth it
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

i'm going to go with ps2 titles
You will never understand the depth of our pride
Blarg Zombie
Getting the hang of this...

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Blarg Zombie »

God I havent played DDR in years lol. I was decent but never as good as you people probably ; ;. I've wanted to try playing it again for awhile but I should probably go start on Basic again instead of Maniac lol :p.
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by sakothesmallone »

You know, honestly I would rather have an In The Groove 2 Machine R21, that way not only do we have access to ITG songs, BUT, we can bring our flashdrives with saved DDR and custom songs in it. I love play a mix of DDR, ITG and custom songs on In The Groove 2 ;_; Oh well. Plus, from my experience, ITG machines usually have better platform pads...

Anyway, I hope DDR will be good this year!

BTW...whatever happen to the DDR Forever machine and its maker...I remember it was in Anime Boston 2006...I havent been to Anime Boston since then..
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

2005 had the Forever cabinet. 2006 had an ITG2 dedicated cabinet.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Really? Think I would've remembered an ITG cabinet lol...Oh well my memory must be worse than i thought!

WTB another ITG machine this year? With sprinkles on top
IonAurora
Experienced Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by IonAurora »

I've.....

Actually never played. :blush:

And Ninevolt....what is that avatar of yours doing?
kinoshiblaze

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kinoshiblaze »

metal or plastic pads its dance dance revolution just have fun... man i have soo much memories of ddr and my friends and the first time i beat horatio on expert X3 for ddrx.......i love DDR

and if anyone has a flashflashrevolution.com profile add me (ronaldbajandas5400)
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

Well kids I have some very good news for the DDR fans out there...I am so happy to break the news too.

We have a DDR machine that will be at the AB game room this year. Thanks to a great guy (yeah Mole..you deserve a cheer and a thank you) I'm not sure what mixes will be on there, details soon to come :D
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

That is awesome! :D

Oh please be ITG XD I wanna play Tricky Disco and Crazy Loop now lol :P
Kyla_Ewens
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Kyla_Ewens »

Yes! That's excellent news! Then I will have to play a few rounds on the easy modes....dressed as the Companion Cube.
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

As far as I know he has extreme and ITG 2 for the cabinet. I also think he has 5th mix as well. This will provide as much variety of ddr/ITG that we can.

This is a forewarning though, if the cabinet is solely for ITG, you are not allowed to play any edits longer than 5 mins. I'm establishing that rule now because I know there are 10, 15 and 20 minute edits that people have made and wouldn't be suprised to see someone trying to slip it past us. If you violate this rule it will be at our discretion what will happen.

The only exception to this rule is that if staff approves of the edit being used or if there is no one else waiting to play.
Last edited by lunchbox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:26 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Spelling
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

*starts preparing flashdrive for DDR, ITG3, ITG Rebirth and custom songs* :P

This makes me very happy indeed. Now I have a purpose to be in the game room!...Other than Brawl (even though I suck at it).

I remember DDR Forever in 2005, I'm just wondering whatever did happen to it. If I remember reading correctly, didn't the owner sell it? Who has it now?
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Well I only hoped it was ITG, we still don't know what Mole will have on it XD We can hope though!
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

I helped Joel prepare the custom song packs on his machine, so he will have over 1000 custom songs. I'm not sure how well bringing USBs will go over since the machine will most likely be on Event Mode, and in order for USBs to work, they need to be inserted before a game starts. Another way to do this would be to put the machine on Free Play for a set amount of songs per round. If there's a huge wait time for this, it should be 2 songs per round, 1 song if you play a long version.
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=sakothesmallone]*starts preparing flashdrive for DDR, ITG3, ITG Rebirth and custom songs* :P

This makes me very happy indeed. Now I have a purpose to be in the game room!...Other than Brawl (even though I suck at it).

I remember DDR Forever in 2005, I'm just wondering whatever did happen to it. If I remember reading correctly, didn't the owner sell it? Who has it now?[/quote]

We went over this before...but to recap.

Andy the owner of TGA had a DDR Forever machine but started working with Konami. So he changed it to ITG if I do recall, he didn't want to have a bootleg copy of the machine
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

[quote=Ninevolt]I helped Joel prepare the custom song packs on his machine, so he will have over 1000 custom songs. I'm not sure how well bringing USBs will go over since the machine will most likely be on Event Mode, and in order for USBs to work, they need to be inserted before a game starts. Another way to do this would be to put the machine on Free Play for a set amount of songs per round. If there's a huge wait time for this, it should be 2 songs per round, 1 song if you play a long version.[/quote]

Free play with 2 seems great :) I remember last time there was a machine it was set to 3 and the line got pretty long
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Also adding on to that, the machine will have ITG1/2/3 and Rebirth, plus serveral song packs stepped by TheCosmicPope, Flash and Mandodo. There is also a special Anime Boston 2009 song pack in the works consisting of various anime, video game, and Japanese songs. There will be more details about that later.
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

In that case...I'm just gonna bring some DDR songs in case he doesn't have certain songs, and a bunch of customs.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Like Cartoon Heroes :D
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

HELL YEAH!!! :D

If it's ITG 2, I'm bringing my own songs! :D
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

Just letting everyone know that I will in all likelyhood be running the itg3 "official" theme complete with my new banner i ordered ;] as that theme allows me to limit song length and MBsize regaurdless of OGG patch it will cut you off at a certain time ;] Since the last update i have added a few more packs including mandodos 2nd pack and a few packs of songs that will most likely never be passed Chaos in progress 1 and 2 lol.

As to the ddr fans out their I also will be bringing my DDR hardware as well. I can run Extreme,5thmix, and the rare 3rd Mix Korean v2 :]

I am able to switch between ddr and itg within about 10 minutes as well as changing mixes.
Only major thing i need to do is adjust my monitor as the resolutions and screen sizes for ddr and itg are a bit different.

I have usb ports that work but are a bit quirky i sometimes having your pendrive in during a song will cause I/O errors and you will most likely fail the song due to pad misses haha. Just remember to take your pendrive out at the options screen before your song and put it back when your finished with the song at the results screen. (Thats our work around for now, and it will save your scores and screen shots the same way)

Chances are tho we just wont have pendrive support for the con if it becomes an issue.

Now lets see what the interest in mixes etc is and im very excited to be a part of this years game room :]
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

Mole I am a HUGE fan of 5th mix...the mix I started on...can't get enough of Night In Motion, Only You, and In The Heat Of The Night...
Extreme is always good, and I guess ITG is good too :D Good to have you helping us out in the Game Room