Dance Dance Revolution

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Ah from your other post about the DDR tourney going on a DDR Extreme arcade machine, just sounded like there was another.

Just switching over from ITG to Extreme? Thought he only had 5th mix /shrug

I was just asking since it mislead me to being another machine
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Disregard my last post. We got a hold of an ITG dedicab. Joel's machine will be running Extreme and whatever mix he decides to run, including ITG.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Well I knew about Mole's machine, just wasn't sure if it was the same one or not :) Thanks for clarifying

Edit:

Great job on the packs btw guys :D They're synced perfectly, and most of them are really fun to play. I REALLY like Find The Blue :p
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

There were a couple of step errors in Re-Sublimity Expert, so I had to fix them. You can re-download the file below. The pack download link is already updated.

Download: Re-Sublimity
Kaede
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Kaede »

My favorite song :)
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

GAH now I know Lunchbox is better than me too lol. Nooooooo my dreams are being crushed more and more :P

@ Lunch: I think Kevin (Kid we met today haha) is coming btw, if you were curious at all.
The MOLE
Getting the hang of this...

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

I get to enter too :) and i dont own my own machine or anything ;] I really never play tho hahah.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

You should play some Rebirth and the AB song pack if you want to stand a chance in making it to the double elim round. ;)
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Some of the songs in the AB packs are killer though for 9's and 10's!

Tank! on Hard is easily one of my fav. steps you guys made :D Find the Blue is a challenge too with that 64note stream on the slowdown XD

I know I alredy said it, but good job on making them :)

Btw, not sure if you did it on purpose or it was a mistake, but some of the longer songs aren't patched right, or not patched at all and wont play on an r21 until you fix the timestamp:

What's up People!
Dead Batteries

That's all I noticed. Not sure if you left it un-patched on purpose or anything but just incase, figure I would post about it
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

We left it unpatched on purpose so they show up as 2 Round songs when we put them on the machine. If you want to patch it for r21, you should do it yourself.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Oh I did, but I was just curious of which way you intended to leave the song :) Either as 2 round, or patched, that's all. Wasn't asking you to do it for me XD

We get to leave in 5 days for the best con ever, yay
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

DDR Extreme tournament rules are being changed. Lunchbox knows more about the details on that than I do.
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

I'm not sure if the ruleset was established formally on the site. However the rules will not be pick pick random best 2 out of 3 for this tournament.

We will still be cutting to top 16 with the qualifiers that were previously established which are as follows.

Syncornized love- in case of ties the tiebreakers are:
I feel
Sync

Once the top 16 is reached the tournament format will be as follows:

We will be using a NCAA style double elimination bracket, meaning if you lose once you are put in the losers bracket, if you lose twice you are eliminated from the tournament.

Selectable modifiers:
All speed, noteskins (Solo by player agreement), boost, reverse.
Bar use is permitted.
Turn mods are not allowed except under player agreement.
Cut, Little, freese arrows off and anything that changes stepchart step count are not permitted.

How songs will be selected:
I have an excel Macro with all of the DDR: Extreme songlist in it, along with difficulties heavy/challenge. It will randomly generate a list of 5 songs. Then each player can pick one song from that list to eliminate. Higher seed will have choice of first song eliminated, or which pad they would like to play on. This will leave the players with a 3 song setlist that they will play.

How the winner is determined:
The winner will be determined through cumulative DP across the 3 songs. If a tie should occur we will use the random feature on the machine to determine the song to use to break the tie.

Scoring:
We will be using the supernova scoring system which is:

Perfects: 2 Points
Greats 1 Point
Good: 0 points
boo: 0 points
Miss: 0 Points
Ok: 2 Points

Pad Arbitration:
As always, pad misses/pad boo's/goods will be watched for by the staff and also other players. If it is determined a pad boo/miss was not the players fault, it will be counted as a perfect.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

And most importantly, hope you have fun at the tournament!!

Last edited by lunchbox on Mon May 18, 2009 9:39 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: More Corrections
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

For once in my life I agree with this rule change. It honestly can give a more accurate description of who the allaround better player is. Cant wait for max,maxx,tlom,ps,psmo if it ever came up. lol. but i can forsee allot of easy rounds :/ It does take some of the strategy out of the game tho.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Cumulative DP yesssssssssss
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by sakothesmallone »

I have a question, what's max number of songs your machine will upload from one flashdrive. I know from regular ITG machines it was 50 or less (depending on the size of each file) for each flashdrive, so you could have had a max of 100 additional songs added. I hope to get an answer soon(yes I fail for asking this last minute).

Also could you just sum up what songs your machine has. I know it has ITG 1, 2, 3 and Rebirth correct? I don't remember which DDR versions it has and right now I'm kind of rushing everything here trying to get my stuff ready, hehe (and also lazy to read cause you know, I've read enough for finals and I'm tired of reading). One last question, have you decided if you are charging people with the coin slots in Anime Boston? If so, how much for how many songs?

But yeah thanks for helping us all out in DDR/ITG for Anime Boston.

Hope to see you all there!
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

There will be no charge for DDR or ITG. the coin slot on Joels machine are for Donations to his Machine, so totally optional. Also, no DDR songs will be on the ITG machine seeing as we have a DDR extreme and an ITG machine for the convention.
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

oh my, looks like I'll have to bring the recent DDR songs into my flashdrive, the ones I definitely know will not be on Extreme.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Custom songs on the ITG machine may be turned off to prevent the NoName bug and playing long customs.
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

No Name bug?

I thought the limit for custom songs was gonna be set though. I forget how long though.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

People OGG patch their songs to go over the limit, and it's really difficult to enforce a length limit.

NoName bug happens when there are too many songs on a USB drive and it tries to load them all, but the machine times out. After that, all USBs stop working and it requires a machine reset. Since there are already custom songs loaded on the machine already, trying to load too many more from the card will be pushing it.
sakothesmallone

Dance Dance Revolution

Oh well I meant that there would be a cutoff after a certain time, like the R23 in ITG machines automatically cuts off custom songs at 2min, so I thought Mole was gonna do that for like 3-5min or something.

But totally understandable, it's just I like a lot of songs from Supernova and up cause, yeah. But hey, ITG has a lot of customs and new songs so no worries and as long as I get my DDR/ITG workout! haha! See you all tomorrow! =)
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

The original max number of songs you can load (normally on an untouched r21 was 50) but 30 is the max for most machines now a days. That is if you have removed all the banners and your .sm files point to all the correct files within each folder and the .sm doesnt point to any banners etc. Just clean up your files. Also it depends on the pendrive. I have made the decision to not bring my itg setup, as there will be a full itg dedicab hacked with custom themes, songs etc. So I will be dedicating my machine to DDR the entire con. But that sure does not mean a lack of variety on my part :}

For the record I will be running [color:red]EXTREME,DDRMAX2,5THMIX,& 3RDMIX KOREAN V2[/color]at various times throughout the con.

Not sure what mixes will be running at what times, but I think mike, dave, alex and myself will come up with a good plan for alloting time for each mix on thursday.

Also feel free to drop a few coins in my slot ;]

Oh and I most likely need a play to stay for the con and will have signs posted stating so haha.
So if you can let me crash for a night or 2 by all means walk up to me and let me know !!! My avatar is ME!!

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!! - JOEL
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

Thanks very much for this. I can't wait to play 5th mix and Max2.

So would simfiles that have mp3's as the music type work on the ITG machine?
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

It's Rynker's.
appl

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by appl »

im so sad i wasnt at anime boston on friday i missed the itg tornament qualifiers and all that stuff :( i might have done well but i can only do up to an 11. oh well is there going to be an itg tornament next year????
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

If we have a machine to play on, then most likely.

Also, I think I heard my Plastic Smile file being played like 89748923478236587346578 times.
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

Yeah...I also heard Tricky disco about twice as many.

Next year I'm defnitely looking to hold 2 seperate DDR tourneys. There were a lot of people who couldn't play on Heavy at all who didn't have a chance of qualifying for that reason. that way people of all skill levels have a chance.
appl

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by appl »

hey i saw the Anime Boston 2009 pack and do you think i could help step for next years pack... I am pretty good at making stepfiles. if there is one and if its okay. (now I'm really regretting only going on Saturday :'( well yeah just a thought...) i hope to see you guys there next year :) i am going to try to save up money to go all three days
zarchasm
Experienced Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by zarchasm »

[quote=lunchbox]Yeah...I also heard Tricky disco about twice as many.

Next year I'm defnitely looking to hold 2 seperate DDR tourneys. There were a lot of people who couldn't play on Heavy at all who didn't have a chance of qualifying for that reason. that way people of all skill levels have a chance. [/quote]

Woohoo! Different skill levels! It's funny, I'm like a DDR Goddess to my friends that don't play, but then I get to AB and I'm like oh shi-...
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

[quote=lunchbox]Yeah...I also heard Tricky disco about twice as many.

Next year I'm defnitely looking to hold 2 seperate DDR tourneys. There were a lot of people who couldn't play on Heavy at all who didn't have a chance of qualifying for that reason. that way people of all skill levels have a chance. [/quote]

If you do this, make sure you take sandbagging into consideration.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

[quote=Ninevolt]
Also, I think I heard my Plastic Smile file being played like 89748923478236587346578 times.[/quote]

XD Sorry! Lol, me and Foxy couldn't resist! Overall I had a blast in the game room (Even if Stars Above is probably the gayest qualifier song ever :P)

I can't seem to find most of the songs that were on the machine ANYWHERE :( Am I just missing something? Groovestats, Bemanistyle, cant find anything. Is there another site I am missing, or a way you can upload the folders :) ?

Thanks Volt,Lunch,Joe and Mole for making the ITG/DDR scene this year the best so far
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

If someone is sandbagging next year, either I give them a bad prize because i know they were sandbagging, or I knock them out myself, or I could just plain dq them. I'm not gonna let a sandbagger win the light/standard tourney.
Experienced Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by 021210 »

[quote=lunchbox]If someone is sandbagging next year, either I give them a bad prize because i know they were sandbagging, or I knock them out myself, or I could just plain dq them. I'm not gonna let a sandbagger win the light/standard tourney. [/quote]

Sandbagging? Is that like cheating? 'Cause I can play heavy, just not well and only certain songs... Definitely not on the caliber of Joe P and others.
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

Sandbagging is acting like your bad to get into a lower level tournament when your clearly of high skill level and then beating all the bad players quite easily and winning first place with no competition whatsoever. Also 2007 1stplace DDR Prize = Nintendo Wii. 2009 1stplace DDR prize = 40$ craft paper gift cert to a vendor thats already closed by the time the ddr tourny is done and a half case of monster lolololol. Still and all I had an AMAZING time. Hope to see you all next year!!!
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Edit:

Nvm I downloaded your latest pack Volt from groovestats, thanks :)
lunchbox
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by lunchbox »

You know that the prizes are a lot better this year than they were last year right. We're working on getting better prizes every year as we go along. I do not appreciate the little shot you're taking at us for that.
Also, that whole Wii had a lot of drama surrounding it that I'm sure you know about, and I'm not going to get into. And I seem to recall you selling that ticket for 40 bucks to someone else for cash, so whatever you got for it was you're own decision.
DjSnorlax
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by DjSnorlax »

How's it going guys? ;]

I was wondering what it looks like is going to happen for AB 2010?
Are you guys getting a machine?

Also, if you are, I wonder if you're the same guys running the DDR setup at Connecticon last year.
If so, I'm the guy that made that last minute Excel spreadsheet to calculate scores if you remember me.
Hope to see you all out there again since I'm once again coming out to New England from Ohio. ;D
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Hey AB forum-goers :) seems like just yesterday that we were at AB09! Can't wait for '10

So I am seeing alot of talk about Volt bringing his extreme machine. So just DDR this year or any chance of getting a ITG machine again? Been playing ever since I got stomped last year and even though I am not quite up to 14's, still looking to have some fun :D (I there is ITG that is, boo DDR)
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

I'm planning on having my machine there. It can run both DDR and ITG, and I'm working on a simfile pack for the event.
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Heya Volt

well that is great to hear! I assume AB staff will be running an ITG tourney? Can't wait to get stomped again =)

(PS) Dont put anything too happy on the machine in order to preserve the staffs sanity from people like me and Foxy XD lol, sorry about that =p Plastic Smile and Sugarless Girl are still on my card to this day haha.

Going to put up a link ahead of time like last year with the simpack whenever it's done?
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Yes, of course! The charts are nearly complete, and I'm working on getting graphics made for the simfiles.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

I was wondering if there's any way we can use our own simfiles or if I could send you some that I've made in the past cause I'd love to play them on an actual machine. :P
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Joe P.
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Joe P. »

Put them on a USB card and bring them with you. That way you can play them whenever you want
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Awesome can't wait for the pack, your charts are awesome.
Less than 4 weeks now huzzah!

Any info on what day the ITG tourney will be or have you guys not decided yet
brie84
Determined Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by brie84 »

[quote=Ninevolt]I'm planning on having my machine there. It can run both DDR and ITG, and I'm working on a simfile pack for the event.[/quote]

Dave, I demand some Utada on that machine! I'm only going to cosplay one day so i can play games (for once) at the con...I need to practice I'm so rusty
XxX098

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by XxX098 »

lolz hes a funny dude remember him going to Boston Bowl a couple of times
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Here it is. Enjoy!
Anime Boston 2010 Simfile Pack (Release Candidate 1)

Anime Boston 2010 Simfile Pack Songlist:

1 Minute 1 Second - Epik High
Abracadabra - Brown Eyed Girls
ambivalent world - Miyuki Sawashiro
Analoguma - Starving Trancer vs. Hommarji
Be Myself - B.U.S feat. MAKI
Can't Sleep, Can't Eat, I'm Sick - Namie Amuro
Do-Dai - Acid=Stone Valley feat. MAKI
Don't Say 'Lazy' - Yoko Hikasa
Dream of Butterfly - ATLUS
Everlasting Love + You - Leah Dizon
Fanatic - Epik High
Fragment ~Shooting star of the origin~ - Starving Trancer feat. CAMRY
Fuwa Fuwa Time - MK feat. Latte + CAMRY
Genesis of Aquarion - Delaction feat. MAKI
Girls, Be Ambitious!! - Icon feat. CAMRY
Glossy:MMM - MK feat. Ma15
Happy Fruit! - azuma feat. Hatsune Miku
Hero's Come Back!! - nobodyknows+
Ievan Polkka - Black Man
Kaerimichi - Emiri Katou
Kimi no Shira nai Monogatari - supercell
Kokoro Odoru - Acid=Stone Valley feat. TAKANORI
Konna ni Chikaku de... - Crystal Kay
Konna ni Chikaku de... remix - Starving Trancer feat. MAKI
Kurutto Mawatte Ikkaiten - Mihhi
Let It Out - Miho Fukuhara
Level 5 -Judgelight- - fripSide
Lost My Music - Aya Hirano
Love and Joy - Hommarju feat. CAMRY
Magic Number - Maaya Sakamoto
Mighty Lovers - The Pillows
Mind as Judgment - B.U.S feat. Latte
One Way Ryouomoi - Marina Inoue & Megumi Nakajima
only my railgun - fripSide
Oyasumi Paradox - Etsuko Yakushimaru
Pinky Nick - Nick Boys
Prisoner of Love - Utada Hikaru
Rainbow - Hiromi Miyake
Rap is the Soul of a Man! - Iwasaki Taku
Renai Circulation - Kana Hanazawa
S.t.a.r.S - Marina Inoue
Samurai Blue - ZZ
shine more - Namie Amuro
sketch Switch - Hidamari Sketch
Spiral Drill Power - Muzik Servant
staple stable - Chiwa Saito
Star Ship * Hero - Lucky Vacuum
Super Driver - Hommarju feat. yumemi
Trust Me - Yuya Matsushita
You make my day! - Starving Trancer feat. CAMRY

Steps by:
Ninevolt
Joe P.

Graphics by:
zimlord
Ninevolt
kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

Woot woot Gogo ninevolt! I think it's safe to assume that they are NOT ogg patched? Hitting up the arcade tomorrow can't wait to give all of these a shot.

Any more info on the tourney?

PS: we get to leave for the best anime convention ever in just about 9 days =)! (if ur going Thursday to get your badges, all the cool kids do)
Kaede
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Kaede »

We're still working on day and time for the ITG and DDR standard tournament. It will be announced end of this week.