Dance Dance Revolution

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

I still have my flash drive with the songs I had on last year. Can you tell me the specifics as to what I need if I wanna put extra songs on my flash drive?
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

I'm not sure if the USBs will be functional since I'm struggling with trying to get them to work. The song pack from last year will be on the machine too.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

Gah that would suck if that happened. Keep us updated on that cause a lot of people will wanna know if they can use their USB sticks. ;)
Mike Sweeney

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

GG on the pack Volt. Abracadaver and Trust Me are easily my favorite charts. Glad you added from an anime most people wouldn't watch (Durarara!)

Countdown = almost 6 days =)
QED
Getting the hang of this...

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by QED »

Can't wait for this! I'm not bad at DDR but haven't ever competed in a tourney before. I'm really looking forward to seeing where I stand (even if I don't make it past qualifiers, haha).

Sorry if I'm the 5th person to ask this, but any news on the functionality of the USB sticks? I've written quite a few files but haven't had the time+money+room+(other nouns) to play them on a pad, and I'd really like to see how they play on a proper DDR rig.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

I will try to get USBs to work, so just bring it just in case. A flash drive isn't a big thing to bring.

The AB simfile pack is going through some more revisions, so expect another release soon.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

New version of the pack is up!
Download

Added new songs:
Discotheque - Nana Mizuki
Sakuranbo Kiss - Kotoko

Change log:
Updated the following charts:
1 Minute 1 Second Expert, re-rated to a 10.
Ambivalent World Easy and Expert.
Don't Say Lazy Expert.
Happy Fruit! Hard re-rated from 9 to 10.
Ievan Polkka Expert
Kaerimichi Expert
Level 5 -Judgelight- Expert
Mighty Lovers now has an Expert chart
Sketch Switch Easy
Trust Me Expert
coolforever
AB Alumni

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

Do you know if the USB sticks will work tomorrow? :)
Mike Sweeney

kamahlrf
Veteran Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by kamahlrf »

So I think it's safe to assume there will be yet another year of DDR/ITG tourneys?
Looking forward to another Ninevolt pack of AB songs :o Been practicing so I can try to keep up with all the 13's/14s this year hurrays
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by DeMarcus »

As always Dave we'll be hooking us up with awesomeness...

We are shaping our Dance Box setup atm. I say dance box because this year we will have Pump it Up, along with DDR/ITG. We're trying to secure a third machine so that we can have all three running at the same time which would be crazy fun...

Stay tuned!
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Yeah, I've been working on a simfile pack. The songlist is almost complete. More details on it later.
tylerofmaine
AB Staff

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by tylerofmaine »

Dave these better be good charts man, don't betray my faith.
Tyler van Drell
Assistant to the Director, Operations Division
GlennLikesStuff
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by GlennLikesStuff »

If those charts includes a full version of Spring Yard Zone from The Konami Kode, I'll be glad to fail it.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

The anime song pack is nearly finished. I should be releasing it by the end of the week.
ddrXero64
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by ddrXero64 »

Hey, I know this seems random, but I wanted to know if the (Anime) pack for this year's DDR Event/Tournament will be available for download. I can offer some anime songs for pad myself, and there are plenty of people who step pad as well over at the SM (Stepmania) community sites. Especially http://www.otakusdream.com/

I planned to come this year and I have my ticket paid for, but unfortunately I'm unable to go financially. I can still try to send some simfiles though if you want. I only need requirements (song bit rate minimum, length requirements, length patched, banner/bg requirements, etc.) and I might be able to help out.

If you need to contact me you can always contact me at http://stepmaniaonline.com/ I don't plan to advertise this site at all, I'm only hoping to provide more songs for the DDR/ITG machines. I really wish I could go, I was planning to tear it up. :P

Email me too if you want:

ddrxero64@stepmaniaonline.eu

Let me know how the DDR scene turns out!
Dossar
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Dossar »

Yeah, this should definitely be considered for the convention. You guys don't need to make your own song packs, there are a good deal more in the stepmania communities that are specifically for pad. I strongly encourage looking into otaku's dream and the site ddrxero64 linked to.

Also, any info on when or where this is going to take place?
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Thanks for the consideration, but there is already an anime-themed simfile pack that I just finished up and about to upload for release. The idea for these simfile packs much like last year's packs is to compile a pack of fresh new high-quality unreleased simfiles that the whole dance game community can enjoy. I've been coordinating this little project since AB 2009, and I will continue to do it until I basically get bored of it.

Here is the list of songs included in the pack [strike]that will be available for download shortly[/strike] available for download below:

Aoi Haru - Angela
Burn My Dread -Last Battle- - Lotus Juice, Yumi Kawamura
Champion - TCY FORCE
DOWN TOWN - Maaya Sakamoto
Egao no Mahou - Yoko Ishida
Fly Away - TeddyLoid
future gazer - fripSide
Go! Go! Fine Day - capsule
Gotta Catch Em All - Powerglove
Hina Choco Dark Matter - Conagusuri
Hoshizora no Spica - Yukari Tamura
HOT LIMIT - HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
i Love - azusa
irony - ClariS
Jap - abingdon boys school
Kimi ga Iru Basho - Ayahi Takagaki
Let me be with you - Round Table feat. Nino
Local Train - immi
Loop-the-Loop - KOTOKO
LOVE X HEAVEN - Various Artists (Ladies vs Butlers)
Magic World - Maon Kurosaki
Marshmallow - UI
Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru ~Shiteyanyo~ - yui
Miku no Shoushitsu -Hommarju Remix- - cosMo@Bousou-P
missing - Kylee
More-more LOVERS!! - Natsuko Aso
My Soul, Your Beats! - Lia
NOW LOADING...SKY!! - Dizzi Mystica feat. MAKI
Ready Go! - May'n
real Emotion HOUSE NATION Sunset In Ibiza Remix - Koda Kumi
Roulette - Tetsyua
Rumbling hearts - MK feat.KANA
Shinryaku no Susume - ULTRA-PRISM
Shiver - the GazettE
Sign of Love - immi
SUPER GIRL -Korean Version- - Super Junior M
Sweet Romance - Mayumi Gojou
The end of 1000 years - Crow's Claw
Venus to Jesus - Etsuko Yakushimaru
Yamato Nadeshiko Education - Triple Booking

Edit: Download the Animusic Season 1 simfile pack here
ddrXero64
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by ddrXero64 »

No problem. In fact, I'm glad to see more simfile artists out there. It's becoming a little less quiet in that scene. I'm downloading the pack, I'll definitely enjoy it.

Off the side, do you use ddreamstudio to step these? Or the stepmania in game editor? I'll also play these with Xmods, some people jump straight to Cmods without any consideration of the BPM changes, freezes or gimmicks you might have used. But yes, good luck with with a successful tournament/event, let me know how it goes! I do hope to be there next year (and maybe the next three, I saw the dates haha).

Have fun everyone, show people where rhythm gaming really started :P

Edit: I was looking through the pad files I made a couple of months ago and I stumbled upon an anime one I did. It's Girls Be Amibitious, the Sora No Woto Ending. I don't expect you to download it at all, but try it out if you're interested. It's stepped for three difficulties, and I remember working hard to make each difficulty fun for the players in that skill range. It is the whole song though, so it may have to be length patched to use it on a machine. You may not even want to use it, but if you have time check it out. :)

Mediafire Link

Length - 3:53

Light - 5
Standard - 7
Heavy - 9

Note: The banner is horrible, I realized I didn't have one in the folder so I kind of made it in 2 minutes, I'm leaving so I apologize presentation wise.

Like I said, I don't expect you to use this or play it at all. It's only if you'd like to, Fully paddable steps.
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

I used OpenITG (Stepmania 3.95) to step these and used waveform syncing to get my offsets. There aren't that many files with stops, slowdown, or gimmicks, but there are a few that do, namely Miku Miku ni Shiteru and Marshmallow. These simfiles are generally pretty straightforward.
ddrXero64
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by ddrXero64 »

Good stuff! I don't question the sync at all, most people know what they're doing when they've stepped as long as you have.

I actually have really unexpected and good news for myself, people on my site just donated a good sum of money to me to go. I'll be heading thursday for pre registration. I had my ticket since December, and now that I can go I plan to spend some time on those files haha. I actually may bring my own on a USB if it's ok, I'll probably put one or two of my own and all my anime pad packs released in our community over the years (the ones worth noting at least). They're all ITG ready, so don't worry.

I hope to see you there NineVolt. I'll be labeled as Xero, with a shirt labeled administrator (ddrXero64). I administrate Stepmania Online, so I should be easy to spot since I tend to talk up a storm at times.

My skills are rusty, don't expect too much. You should know how hard it is to find a machine in Western MA, so I've literally played a handful of times in the past years. I've actually never touched an ITG machine though, but I assume it's a matter of getting comfortable with after playing DDR.

See ya there~
Ninevolt
Expert Poster

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by Ninevolt »

Glad you can make it!

I also found sync issues with Egao no Mahou and Ready Go!, so I fixed that and updated the zip accordingly.
The MOLE

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by The MOLE »

See you all there yeeeeeeeeee. Hopefully I dont have an anxiety attack this year.
darkarsonist13
I'm new!

Dance Dance Revolution

Post by darkarsonist13 »

im new to the forums but ive been attending AB since 09.

i was just wondering. what happened to the ITG machine this year ? it was in terrible shape and didnt work properly half the time. it was definitely not the same machine as last years. can someone explain to me what happened ?
coolforever
AB Alumni

Re: Dance Dance Revolution

Post by coolforever »

So, does anyone know if there will be an ITG/DDR machine this year? Wanna see if I should load up my USB stick with songs :P
Mike Sweeney

Anthony of TGA
I'm new!

Post by Anthony of TGA »

The official arcade machine lineup is:
Dance Dance Revolution X2*
Beatmania IIDX Lincle*
Pop'n Music Fantasia*
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
DJMAX Technika 3
Taiko no Tatsujin 13

Bemani games noted with an * will be on the Programmed World eAmuse network, and Technika will be live on Platinum Crew.
If I can get everything setup in time (big if) I will be installing a button on the Extreme machine to switch between Extreme and ITG on the fly.

For up to date info check out our event page:
http://www.facebook.com/events/133331090129609/

Also, I can confirm both DDR machines this year will be in much better shape than the ITG machine last year :lol:
Ddrlizy
I'm new!

Post by Ddrlizy »

Is there going to be a DDR tournament this year? And on what mix?
NekZilla

Post by NekZilla »

Ddrlizy wrote:Is there going to be a DDR tournament this year? And on what mix?
Lizzy, it's going down. 1x shuffle battle. I must avenge Big Matt lol. :twisted:
AnimeBoston #2, Con #83

1449 Swag. We are the party.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Figured I'd ask again, I'm assuming DDR will be there? I really need to get back into that game, it sucks that DDR as a whole is dying. But it's still fun to play whenever I get the chance. :)
Mike Sweeney

bibibi
I'm new!

Post by bibibi »

Just wondering if DDR will be there this year! It's in one of the featured photos so :)
cpukun
I'm new!

Post by cpukun »

bibibi wrote:Just wondering if DDR will be there this year! It's in one of the featured photos so :)
yes, DDR will be here this year on 2 arcade machines, although the second one will also run ITG
StarliteBaby101

Post by StarliteBaby101 »

I used to play all the time at home on the plastic mats. I like the metal pads better. You can actually play without taking your shoes off. LOL.
Jasonbacon
I'm new!

Post by Jasonbacon »

I may need some practice.
Hoss
I'm new!

Post by Hoss »

I miss DDR sooooo much. There was a bowling alley 10 minute walk from my high school with a DDR machine. Would go in there and plug $2 alone or with some friends after school. It got so popular that a group of us would take the machine over on weekend nights, dump $25 worth of quarters to the side of the machine, and dance all night. The end of the craze only started because the bowling alley closed down.

Me and most of my friends had their own dance pads and games during the downfall of DDR but the dance pads were just not the same as the arcade (really bad at registering steps and bad build quality).

____
https://apix-drive.com
Last edited by Hoss on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I don't play DDR but it was great seeing DDR machines back in the game room. The game was such a hit this weekend.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
RonaldHogan
I'm new!

Post by RonaldHogan »

My favorite song :D
nikolaj5
I'm new!

Post by nikolaj5 »

I can see that a lot of these songs are already added, I am waiting for even more cool songs
Frost98532
I'm new!

Post by Frost98532 »

Hoss wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:05 pm I miss DDR sooooo much. There was a bowling alley 10 minute walk from my high school with a DDR machine. Would go in there and plug $2 alone or with some friends after school. It got so popular that a group of us would take the machine over on weekend nights, dump $25 worth of quarters to the side of the machine, and dance all night. The end of the craze only started because the bowling alley closed down.

Me and most of my friends had their own dance pads and games during the downfall of DDR but the dance pads were just not the same as the arcade (really bad at registering steps and bad build quality).

____
You will definitely have fond memories of playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) at a local bowling alley during your high school years. It's unfortunate that the popularity of the game and your group's fun times came to an end when the bowling alley closed down...
Last edited by Frost98532 on Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.