Excellent Job

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
FatalMatt
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by FatalMatt »

I just want to say great job to Noobie games to running great tournaments(I was the kid who won Halo singles and doubles and got 2nd in Brawl with close matches) The tournaments ran great and the Staff was really nice/cool(Manny, Manny, guy with pink headbandana) Great Job guys, can't wait to attend more of your events.
Justin
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Justin »

[quote=FatalMatt](guy with pink headbandana)[/quote]

Javier, who's been staffing the room the last 3 years now. Always runs fun tourneys.
Wilco
Getting the hang of this...

Excellent Job

Post by Wilco »

Yeah, great job guys :D

Shouldn't my name say Con Attendee now? lol idk
Bamboozle
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Bamboozle »

Yea, thank you guys, was defiantly the best "imo" game room of the past few AnimeBoston cons iv been to.
Michiyoyoshiku
Veteran Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Michiyoyoshiku »

With the huge room you were in and with enough volunteers I THINK you could fill the whole area up next year.

Arcade cabs would be awesome.
MachoZ
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by MachoZ »

Thank you guys, my staff is great, the AB Gaming Staff - Lee and Mike PHaaaaaaaam were awesome.

I already have mentioned to them what we can do to expand on the gaming in AB to make it larger.

some things we are talking about

more consoles, more nostalgia - N64, SNES/NES, Genesis along with all the next gen consoles we had. more Japanese gaming, like Hokuto no Shin Ken on Japanese PS2's things of that nature.

a Large PC section with monster Quad Core PC's with the latest and greatest. We talked about maybe 10-20 PC's.

and the one thing every one wants Arcade Machines. We will be working out some Arcades for the con at realistic costs that make sense for them.

So there are a lot of plans in motion that we have a whole year to plan and work out to bring you guys in Boston the best you can get in Gaming.

Manny
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

Excellent Job

Post by DeMarcus »

[quote=Justin][quote=FatalMatt](guy with pink headbandana)[/quote]

Javier, who's been staffing the room the last 3 years now. Always runs fun tourneys.[/quote]

It's a lot of fun to staff, but not when justin isn't there to love me...

Yea, next year I swear we're having an insane cut-throat chocobo racing tournament...

[color:red]
MOOGLE-C BANNED!!!!
Last edited by DeMarcus on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: spelin nd staf
MonoTekETeA

Excellent Job

Post by MonoTekETeA »

Machoz, you should check out arcade auctions, fantastic deals can be had on cabinets there. If you need some help finding them, send me a private message, I would love to help you out.
Kurai Ryu
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Kurai Ryu »

Good job on keeping things organized. Staff was very friendly in the game room, and I liked that. There are definitely a couple of things I would like to gripe about, though. I hope you know I say this in absolute respect.

I bitched and moaned about the TV issue because of the Tekken/VF tournaments. I was told the lag had never been an issue before, so I said w/e. When the time came to play, there was indeed lag. I know this is so dorky and stupid to mention and gripe about... but it really makes a difference, especially in tournament play. If you guys don't want to do anything about it in the coming years, by all means, don't. I appreciate your services anyway. I just thought I'd mention it. The staff that knows what they're doing (Manny and DeMarcus for example) could probably testify to this. Ok, that's all. Thank you very much again - had some very good times in that room. See you next year hopefully.
Kaede
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Kaede »

We knew in advance there was going to be lag on them. But it's the budget as always that kills us from getting what's needed. We were missing some equipments we requested for but we shall definitely have everything ready for next years.
Mikhal
Experienced Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Mikhal »

I hope component cables were part of the missing equipment also. The HDTVs seem like such a waste when most of the next gen consoles were hooked up via COMPOSITE cables! Minor annoyance, but like everyone said, great job everyone! :thumbup:
Kaede
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Kaede »

[quote=Mikhal]I hope component cables were part of the missing equipment also. The HDTVs seem like such a waste when most of the next gen consoles were hooked up via COMPOSITE cables! Minor annoyance, but like everyone said, great job everyone! :thumbup: [/quote]

I think the only system that had an hdmi cable was my PS3 for Tekken 5 DR and Puzzle Fighter HD. x.x
FatalMatt
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by FatalMatt »

budget? dont get plasmas get monitors or 20 inch flat screen tvs. seems like they would be cheaper than plasmas
Wilco

Excellent Job

Post by Wilco »

Hey Manny, you wouln't happen to have any Wii's in stock would ya. With the prize money I'm gonna use it to help by a Wii.

Hopefully you see this and get back.
Kaede
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Kaede »

[quote=FatalMatt]budget? dont get plasmas get monitors or 20 inch flat screen tvs. seems like they would be cheaper than plasmas[/quote]

We won't ever get plasmas. That's a total waste of money.
FatalMatt
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by FatalMatt »

there were plenty of plasmas there....
Kaede
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Kaede »

Damn they were? Some odd reason I kept thinking they were like lcds. poopy.. oh well.
FatalMatt
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by FatalMatt »

yeah, they were laggy as hell to play on and probly cost a fortune when they could of bought 10, 20 inch tvs with the cost of 1 plasma
Wilco

Excellent Job

Post by Wilco »

CRTs are deff the best, but there so bulky and less convenient, LCDs are great. Plasmas are :( :thumbdown:

Justin
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Justin »

[quote=Wilco]CRTs are deff the best, but there so bulky and less convenient, LCDs are great. Plasmas are :( :thumbdown:

[/quote]

I don't remember what happened but apparently the stock of CRTs AB had stockpiled for the last few cons are gone. I miss them, at least, I don't miss unloading them.
MachoZ
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by MachoZ »

unless the plasmas you speak of were the few TV's on table 1, those belonged to AB, the 25 we brought were all HD/LCD Panels. Plasma is bad for gaming, lots of burn in images and some lag as many Plasma's are still over 15ms refresh rates.
Bamboozle
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Bamboozle »

I must say tho. I loved beating down the person I was playing against in Brawl and hearing them complain about lag. I didn't notice any difference personally.
FatalMatt
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by FatalMatt »

when can i except that 200$ gift certificate manny?
MachoZ
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by MachoZ »

I am getting all those ready by next week before I head out to the next con.

I will be sending out all those emails to the winners Sunday.

M
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

hey matt, whats your live acct tag, me and a friend would enjoy playing a few rounds with you sometime.
You will never understand the depth of our pride
FatalMatt
Expert Poster

Excellent Job

Post by FatalMatt »

Hey man my gamertag is FatalMatt, Just add a message saying your from ab forums and I will add ya.
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Excellent Job

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

alright, cool, mine's Hollow Chouji just for reference when i add you.
You will never understand the depth of our pride