Video Game Room Game Providers?

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
Shiggitay
Expert Poster

Video Game Room Game Providers?

Post by Shiggitay »

Hey all, so I've not seen any announcement as to who is going to bring the arcade cabinets etc for AB's on-again off-again video game room. Is Tokyo Attack in again this year? What's the scoop?

-Shiggitay
Mosch
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Video Game Room Game Providers?

Post by Mosch »

They JUST added Anime Boston to their list today. I'm so excited.
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

There's a games list on there too if you hover your mouse over the cursor. It's easy to miss. According to their site, they're bringing the following cabinets to AB:

SOUND VOLTEX
pop'n music
jubeat (2 cabinets)
Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX (2 cabinets)
Taiko no Tasujin (this is a drum game)
DanceDanceRevolution
Pump it Up
DanceEvolution ARCADE
Cho Chabudai Gaeshi! (Super Table-Flip!)
BeatStream

To be honest I'm a little sad they're not bringing beatmania IIDX, my favorite game of all time, but the SOUND VOLTEX cabinet almost makes up for it. I got a chance to play this game at the new Round 1 in Pennsylvania about a month back and it's really really fun and easy to learn, I recommend anyone who's a fan of rhythm games checks it out. Hopefully the cabinet will have e-amusement pass support!
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
Mosch

Post by Mosch »

Aww no groove coaster :( that's what I was excited for haha.
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

I really wish they would get a Project Diva Arcade cabinet too, as that's another one they had at Round 1 that quickly became a fave for me (and I've been playing Future Tone on the PS4 a ton ever since). Hopefully the AB game room at least has a Future Tone PS4 set-up (hint, hint anyone reading this!).
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
casper in the shell

Post by casper in the shell »

Xias wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:22 pm Cho Chabudai Gaeshi! (Super Table-Flip!)
Yes YES!!!!!! GONNA FLIP DAFUQ OUT! or at least give it a try (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

You can never have too much retro. LOL.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Shiggitay
Expert Poster

Post by Shiggitay »

Xias wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:53 pm I really wish they would get a Project Diva Arcade cabinet too, as that's another one they had at Round 1 that quickly became a fave for me (and I've been playing Future Tone on the PS4 a ton ever since). Hopefully the AB game room at least has a Future Tone PS4 set-up (hint, hint anyone reading this!).
Which R1 PDFT? The only one near AB is in Taunton, MA, and they refuse to tell me whether or not they have or will get it. If the Taunton R1 has PDFT finally I'mma go there as much as I can! >_>
Mosch

Post by Mosch »

Shiggitay wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:47 pm
Xias wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:53 pm I really wish they would get a Project Diva Arcade cabinet too, as that's another one they had at Round 1 that quickly became a fave for me (and I've been playing Future Tone on the PS4 a ton ever since). Hopefully the AB game room at least has a Future Tone PS4 set-up (hint, hint anyone reading this!).
Which R1 PDFT? The only one near AB is in Taunton, MA, and they refuse to tell me whether or not they have or will get it. If the Taunton R1 has PDFT finally I'mma go there as much as I can! >_>
It doesn't, sorry to disappoint you lol.
Shiggitay
Expert Poster

Post by Shiggitay »

Mosch wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:14 pm
It doesn't, sorry to disappoint you lol.
That's not surprising... They're asshats.
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

it was the one in Exton, PA so nowhere nearby, sorry!
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

YES! Super Table Flip is coming back! MUST...PLAY...AGAIN! O____O <3
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
Shiggitay
Expert Poster

Post by Shiggitay »

So I know I started this thread last year or so but since then Tokyo Attack was able to get some Project Diva Future Tone cabinets, and also R1 in Taunton also was able to get an FT cab as well, so if I can get to Taunton I'll play FT on the actual machine vs on my PS4, or at AB, ACen and Otakon this year I'll be playing it like crazy, given TA is going to ACen and Otakon.

I also got the arcade style controller for the PS4 port, so I can have the arcade experience at home.... kinda.