Games Not Patched

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
madhattr999
Getting the hang of this...

Games Not Patched

Post by madhattr999 »

Mortal Kombat X and other fighting games aren't patched. There have been several balance patches in the year or so that the game has been out, and playing the release version of the game for someone who plays competitively is unreasonable. Moves, frame data, and combos have changed significantly since the game came out, and we will be unlearning by playing it. For me, it's not even worth having the game on the floor. I would rather play nothing.

I spoke to the staff in the game room, and while they were polite, they said there is nothing they can do. Regardless of who is in charge, or whose fault it is, someone needs to come up with a solution. Other cons manage game rooms with updated games. If the con needs to pay for Internet for the game room, then do it.

Along with the absurd waits to get into the convention center, this makes me not want to go to Anime Boston next year. And I'm not alone in this opinion.