SmackDown?

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
KireiLaBrie
Getting the hang of this...

SmackDown?

Post by KireiLaBrie »

I notice the usual fighting games will probably without question be showcased in the gaming center this year, regardless of what company is running it. Now I don't know if things have already been settled with a company for this year's game room, and I don't know about years before 2009 since this year will only be my third in attendance, but I'm actually pretty surprised there hasn't been any SmackDown games or tournaments the past 2 years.

The WWE has a pretty big following behind them and it consists of people from all ages, so I don't think finding people to play it would be a problem. With the new SmackDown vs RAW 2011 game being the most presentable as in looking just like the TV production, I think that not only would it be fun for the participants, but it would also be fun for the people watching. I could just imagine the last round of the tournament happening with the crowd watching the game counting the pin with the referee and acting as if they were a crowd watching the event in the live audience.

It's something to consider regardless of the stigma it gets from the "Holier than thou" folks.
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

SmackDown?

Post by DeMarcus »

Well in our staffs personal time me, Darkness, Burn Notice and company love playing SmackDown. Although we do end up playing the classics after an hour or two... (No Mercy and Royal Rumble)

Smackdown doesn't really work out too well at conventions much to our dismay. We put it out every year but we can't seem to pull enough hype for a tournament. On Sunday we ran a created character tournament and we only got like 5 people.

In closing, we have slots free for requested tournaments at con where the attendees can vote for additional tournaments which would be your best bet.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

SmackDown?

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I would love to do a created character tournament but I take FOREVER creating mine lol I'm annoying with details. I actually have some anime and video game characters I created so it kind of ties in with the con. :p
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
DeMarcus
Committed Poster

SmackDown?

Post by DeMarcus »

[quote=MarmaladeChainsaw84]I would love to do a created character tournament but I take FOREVER creating mine lol I'm annoying with details. I actually have some anime and video game characters I created so it kind of ties in with the con. :p [/quote]

Yeah, it was one of those live and learn experiences. Don't think we're gonna try that again...
KireiLaBrie
Getting the hang of this...

SmackDown?

Post by KireiLaBrie »

Yeaaah, if a tournament does take place it should be actual wrestlers only. This is mostly for the fact that there arent really any "Accepted tournament rules" for the SmackDown games, and people tend to be a bit ridiculous with CAWs. Also no edited stats either.
gintoki653
Expert Poster

SmackDown?

Post by gintoki653 »

Day of Reckoning 2 please.