Feedback time! (2010)

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
zephyrnix
Experienced Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by zephyrnix »

I'm not necromancing, this has a purpose.

I was disappointed with the video game room setup. I'm aware that it was probably the only room available, but I felt really uncomfortable being in there. It was a sketchy room; I felt like I was in an empty parking garage. It was cold. Echo-y.

The controller-hogs were frozen to their seats, and someone told me Gears of War wasn't available to be played. I found that strange. The overall lack of consoles was upsetting..

If the game room could be what it was in 2007 (Sheraton room, large, comfortable, exciting), I'm sure many people would appreciate it.

Again, I do understand if that was the only available space. Just, maybe, try and make it more cozy? :]
PatrickD
AB Staff

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by PatrickD »

That was the 2009 feedback thread. I've unpinned that and locked it so that people won't be replying to 2009 comments. Your reply has been split off into a new 2010 thread.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
zephyrnix
Experienced Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by zephyrnix »

thank you, Mr. Patrick :D
kevinchai
Getting the hang of this...

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by kevinchai »

Yeah, the game room wasn't too exciting this time. I'm mostly disappointed that I missed Bomberman, though, even after constantly pestering the staff about when it was and stuff.
itgmaster098
I'm new!

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by itgmaster098 »

I was wondering you can publicize the Rock band tournament more next year because every year so far there hasnt been much groups in the tourney maybe because not much people know about it. There wasnt much of a audience either which sucked haha. But yeah i was just hoping if the tourney could advertised on that little tv where people sign up for the tournments for. :D
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Aurabolt »

I have a shopping list of ideas for next year. I didn't have a problem with the room itself but I do agree more could have been done to make it more inviting. And now on to the list.

1. If you can get some kind of deal with Best Buy or Gamestop (possibly sponsoring the game room or something), that would draw gamers out of hiding quick, fast and in a hurry! The money and resources would be a godsend as well ^_^

2. Going with the above: How about getting in touch with Video Game Companies about getting some booths set up in there? It would be good P.R. for everyone and gamers would wet themselves for the chance to get a first look at upcoming games.

3. From my observations, it looked as if the room had been hastily set up. I actually thought a nuch of college jocks threw everything around to the setup I was met with. What's worse is less than half of the room was used.

4. Another idea for the Video Game Room: Have it double as a computer lab. Get some High-End Machines that can run MMOs--I personally prefer World of Warcraft--as well as some Internet-tailored PCs so that people can blog, Tweet, etc. the goings-on of AB without having to lug their laptops around.

5. I'd have liked to have seen some retro acrade machines there (Pacman, Tetris, Spy Hunter, etc.) even if they weren't free to play.

6. For the disabled, families and just plain exhausted/lazy: Sofas, couches and recliners from IKEA.

7. A change booth/table would have been nice for the arcade machines that were available--the ATM machine downstairs doesn't give out anything below a $20 and it's a hassle when the banks in the Mall close having to make change.

Now me personally, I wouldn't mind having to pay extra for the "services" I listed above. I can understand the logistical problems that would come with setting up PCs--More so since I mentioned many Con goers bring their laptops anyway and the Hynes has free Wi-Fi--but it would be a great boon.

Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
RedCheriiBabii23
Experienced Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by RedCheriiBabii23 »

Sigh-
Last years game room was much more confortable and welcoming,and wasnt as cold. this years was just horrible,it wasnt welcoming and had no good games at all :(

could you have like best buy,gamestop at least sponser? that way we could at least get more ppl to gaming rooms!

and holding tournaments like pokemon(since there is going to be a pokemon game released around ab*like 1 week or two before ab *) it would make sense,or guitar hero,or final fantasy :laugh:
Yuki of the Stars

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Yuki of the Stars »

I personally prefered the '09 room to the '10 room. It was smaller, but easier to just hang out for me.
werk
I'm new!

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by werk »

The '10 game room was WAY too big, and a bit ridiculous. '09 was better in many different ways and I suggest that for '11 AB along with the same setup.
Kurai Ryu
Expert Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Kurai Ryu »

I miss the ballroom that we had in 05(?) maybe 06? The one where the DJs were just chillin on the side, and we had the open balcony. That was the best year ever imo. Fresh air ftw.
TheDaMn1DThi3f
Expert Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by TheDaMn1DThi3f »

I hate to beating a dead horse but, it's true that the 10' room was way to big! Most games seemed to far apart that I forgot what games were there. The 09' room was perfect, as it was dark and was comfotable. Also the rock band stage that year was amazing!!!
2012 - Ceil Phantomhive
2011 - Ceil Phantomhive
2010 - Vault 101 Dweller
2009 - Prince Zuko
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Kagomechan »

Just some information on the room setups to keep in mind:

The Hynes requested that we close down the 1st and 3rd floors at Midnight. Therefore, we had to move Video Games to the 2nd floor if it was going to stay open past Midnight. While the room may not be as comfortable, we thought that being able to stay open later was more important.

Also, if the room is too hot/cold, please inform the staff. We can request that the Hynes adjust the temperature in the room.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
KunoichiBaka
Experienced Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by KunoichiBaka »

I was really disappointed about the rock band tournament specifically. There was no tourney to begin with since I was told the microphone barely worked and I didn't see a drum kit. Finally, there were barely any people. Overall, it was poorly organized.

I'm not sure if there are prizes at stake besides bragging rights, but that would most likely attract more people to the tourney(s). Also not to be harsh, the rock band tourney in '09, where it was held in ballroom-like/auditorium, was a really nice place to hold the tourney in than just a huge projector.
Yammark
Determined Poster

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Yammark »

I think that this year the game room was lazily put together, too much halo and stuff people would just play online at home...
now if they had the arcade version of something like Gunblade, or Dungeons and dragons... y'know, like the machines you'd only find in arcades.
That would probably atract alot of people....

When I said I wanted guilty gear I was sorta hoping for X-2 T-T, cause that was the awesome version.
Yamma!
Wilco

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Wilco »

The whole rockband thing died like 2 years ago. Playing real instruments is alot cooler.
Faceman
AB Executive

Feedback time! (2010)

Post by Faceman »

Closing up the 2010 feedback thread. A new one can be started for 2011.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!