Unofficial Pokemon DS Tournament (Bring your own Games!)

If it's a game that you plug into the wall or the game runs on batteries, you can find them inside this forum.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Hello, everyone. I'm hoping to make this an annual thing until it becomes official.

I know this is Day 1 so we're gonna be starting late. Tournament Day 1 will be tomorrow with another on Sunday. The best part is you don't necessarily have to physically be at AB to participate. Oh, and they will be for bragging rights since I thought of it on the spot (LOL).

Ok here's how you "register" (free of charge):

AB Name: (What's on your Lanyard)
Skill Level: 1-10 (be honest!)
Friend Code(s):
Pokewalker: Yes or No (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)
Game(s) you will be using: (If you have all five DS Pokemon Games, that's awesome. Pick TWO of them with which to enter. If by chance you find yourself playing against "Yourself", pick one to win the round by default)

Ok here's how it's gonna work. This is alot to read but I reccommend reading it so there's no disappointments later:

1. The Tournament will be held in the Video Game Room on the Second Floor of the Hynes. If you will be there in person, please arrive 30 minutes before the start to sign up.

2. If you will be entering via Wi-Fi, please be on for the Wi-Fi Tournament. No show = DQ

3. All 493 Pokemon may be used at the player's discretion. No, you will not be frowned upon for using Legendaries.

4. The Hynes and Sheraton will have free Wi-Fi but if anyone is having connection trouble, I will bring my Laptop and Nintendo Wi-Fi Adapter on SUNDAY only.

5. Again, there will NOT be a prize. This is just for bragging rights ^_^;

6. Only the games Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold ans Soul Silver may be used. If you are using the PAL or EURO versions of the game(s) you may need to battle via Wi-Fi even if you're at AB.

7. If you have more than one of the games listed above, you are allowed to use no more than TWO (2) with which to enter the Tournament. If you ended being paired against yourself, you may pick ONE (1) to move on to the next round.

8. There is no time limit for each battle. Likewise, there are no prelimis or qualifying battles.

9. On Saturday, there will be 32 Slots. That number may be doubled to 64 depending on how many people enter. On Sunday, will will start with 32 Slots but increase accordingly.

Prizes:

Those who beat me will get the following depending on what game I'm using. Yes, I used an Action Replay to make them.

Diamond: Level 5 Shiny Dialaga with Trademark item attached.

Pearl: Level 5 Shiny Palkia with Trademark Item Attached.

Platinum: Level 80 Arceus with Master Ball Attached

Soul Silver: Level 40 Shiny Lugia with Scope Lens Attached

Those who lose to me get a random Starter Egg ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Cringe
I'm new!

Post by Cringe »

I'll be glad to beat you tomorrow, for no prize! :) don't know where I'd find you..though. Where should I look?
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

There's been a change for my Sunday Schedule: I'm going to the Celtics game so I will only be there until Noon.

I will be in the Video Game Room located on the second floor of the Hynes TONIGHT from 7:00PM until 9:30PM. Due to time constraints that didn't exist for me yesterday,

I will only be there for two and a half hours tonight. I will try to get there early on Sunday since I will be leaving at Noon for the Celtics game. If I get there early enough I'll be there from 9:30AM until Noon.

I watch Adult Swim from Midnight to 3:00AM Sunday Morning so the exact time I may arrive varies (LOL).

I live in Boston and thankfully, travel time is less than 30 minutes ^_^

Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Kashinn
Experienced Poster

Post by Kashinn »

someone should hold a tournament for doubles =]
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

No worries: we'll just try again next year ^_^

If we're lucky, Pokemon Black and White will be out by then as well as the new Nintendo 3DS =D
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Roessen
Veteran Poster

Post by Roessen »

Black and White are actually making me start making a team in HeartGold, so I'd love to try participating next year.

Man... AB11. By then I will have a 3DS.

Dangit, now I'm excited again. I wanted to go to sleep tonight, too.
I PLAY GW2 DO YOU PLAY GW2 LET'S TALK GW2 STUFF YAY
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9087-3096
NNID: Roessen
PM if you added me!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...I'm casting Redemption on this thread for this coming weekend.

I don't have Black & White nor do I plan on getting them. I do have four of the other five DS Pokemon Games though.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

bagaxlyn
I'm new!

Re: Unofficial Pokemon DS Tournament (Bring your own Games!)

Post by bagaxlyn »

What specific pokemon are good against ground types? So, I have a team that's quite weak against ground types (for example: I have an Empoleon), so I was just wondering what pokemon I should add and catch for my team to make me stronger against ground types? Because they are a real annoyance sometimes.
Last edited by Faceman on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove spam links
gintoki653
Expert Poster

Re: Unofficial Pokemon DS Tournament (Bring your own Games!)

Post by gintoki653 »

bagaxlyn wrote:What specific pokemon are good against ground types? So, I have a team that's quite weak against ground types (for example: I have an Empoleon), so I was just wondering what pokemon I should add and catch for my team to make me stronger against ground types? Because they are a real annoyance sometimes.
Grass types.
Last edited by Faceman on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove spam links