2018 AA Phase 2 Emails

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Akaminyan
Getting the hang of this...

2018 AA Phase 2 Emails

Post by Akaminyan »

Kind of like a shot in the dark here, but others have been trying to contact the con via email & social media about this question without response yet!

Most if not all of the 2018 AA Phase 2 emails have ended up in spam email folders. Some of us with earlier timestamps than other people who received their Phase 2 emails already, have not yet received ours! Just wondering if this is an error, or if you just need us to wait longer :)

I might be jumping the gun, but just wanted to reach out in case AA staff thinks that everyone received their phase 2 emails and are holding us to the 72 hour deadline!
vegapalomar
I'm new!

Re: 2018 AA Phase 2 Emails

Post by vegapalomar »

so is it confirmed the 2018 AA phase two emails are out now? I havent gotten one and was just curious
Akaminyan

Post by Akaminyan »

Many artists have received theirs already, but some artists with very early applications times have not received their Phase 2 emails yet. We are wondering if the AA staff is trying to deal with the accidental spam issue, or if our emails were somehow lost, but we're just speculating and waiting for some kind of information from people in charge :)
craftshley

Post by craftshley »

I've sent them another message via the contact form and no response yet (I've never gotten any response from sending them a message via the form so there's not much hope there). There is no info on social media either. I just want to know if they know there is possibly an issue and that they're working on it--a two second tweet and I'd be satisfied. First it was the application being delayed after refreshing a page for upwards of four hours. Now it's this, no response, no information. I'm wondering if there is some other way to contact the AA head or someone else we can contact who may be able to give us an answer since the usual channels aren't giving us anything.
Akaminyan

Post by Akaminyan »

I did post a little late on Friday, and it has been the weekend, so I'm hoping it's just a business hours issue! I sent a message to their Facebook page, which was seen, but I didn't have luck with a response there yet either!
ktko
I'm new!

Post by ktko »

What exactly do you mean with phase 2? Payments?
I'm curious to know whether our email time stamps match what they received, because I have seen a lot of people reporting later time stamps than mine and getting in. I have not received a single email regarding AB 2018.
Akaminyan

Post by Akaminyan »

I mean the usual Phase 2 emails where you make your payment and fill out the rest of the convention information form.

The email time stamp is consistent with when the applications are submitted, which should all be viewable in a timestamped excel file. It seems unlikely that 2:35 timestamped applications were accepted and not 1:50 timestamped applications.
craftshley

Post by craftshley »

Phase 2 is payments and those who have received an email were given 72 hours to pay, as far as I can tell from what other people have said in the AANI group on Facebook. In previous years, people received notification of getting accepted and then got emails regarding payment weeks later, so combing the phases is a bit different this year. Some emails went into a spam folder and I'm afraid this indicates that there was a problem with some of the emails getting flagged as spam and being blocked by the email server.

This problem began on Wednesday so I was assuming that there would be a response sometime this weekend, since the AA staff may have day jobs and working with the AA is something they do in their spare time (ie weekends). I am wondering whether a PM through the forums would garner a response but I fear getting blacklisted for being too much of a bother.
Akaminyan

Post by Akaminyan »

This thread had to be approved by a moderator to be posted, and messages have been sent through social media and email, so I'm hoping someone will see it soon! :) I wouldn't worry about getting blacklisted since we are just trying to help make them aware of a potential issue that they might not know about yet.
Meloria

Post by Meloria »

I've checked my spam folder and still nothing. I've also tried sending emails (a few weeks ago) and heard absolutely nothing.

Guessing I probably not going to get a Phase 2 email then. :/
craftshley

Post by craftshley »

There is another post here in the forums that says all emails have gone out. Their methodology seems suspect and I'd suggest reading through some of the comments in that thread as many people who seemingly should've gotten in based on their application timestamp, didn't get in.
Akaminyan

Post by Akaminyan »

I also commented in that thread, it does not answer the questions and concerns I've laid out here :(
craftshley

Post by craftshley »

Kind of strange how they direct us to the forums for our concerns and then don't post themselves...