Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
yuari
Getting the hang of this...

Post by yuari »

First of all, I am very disappointed that even after wasting everyone's time like this, you still announce reg will be open "after 6 pm" instead of giving a specific time. Our time is just as valuable as yours. Show some consideration.
I think we can all agree that FCFS at an undisclosed time is just not working for Anime Boston. Please come up with something else- anything else- before 6pm today. PLEASE.

I've read through the reply an admin posted regarding this issue( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21918 ), but the problems of the system you have right now beat all of the other concerns by a mile.

If you are worried that lottery is going to bring in artists who are "not as serious" about their craft, FCFS is no different. The only way to have any sort of quality control is to introduce a jury system. But if you must do FCFS no matter what, using 3rd party apps as suggested by many other artists sounds good; I don't really understand why you are at mercy of your own servers. Your server clearly cannot handle this many people; it is time to look for a different solution altogether.

I ask that you show at least some respect for the artists who are applying to this convention. Thanks.