PLEASE USE A THIRD PARTY SITE FOR SIGNUPS

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
enchilada
Getting the hang of this...

PLEASE USE A THIRD PARTY SITE FOR SIGNUPS

Post by enchilada »

Please, I'm begging you. Your site clearly cannot handle the traffic, and there are plenty of free options out there, like Google Forms. Also, please, please set a specified time and not just "after 6pm." It may have worked to slow down traffic in the past, but all it is doing now is jamming the website for longer, and prolonging all of our suffering. It's just a lottery based on Internet connection and server load times at this point.

Please fellow artists, post here if you can and let them know that this isn't acceptable. I'm sure all of us have solutions and tips to the current debacle.
Maybe if enough of us chime in something can change for the better for this year, even.
Omi
I'm new!

Re: PLEASE USE A THIRD PARTY SITE FOR SIGNUPS

Post by Omi »

Maybe start an Anime Boston Artist Alley group-- when signups need to go live, you can push a link there and save the AB website servers from the inevitable f5 blitzkrieg. It also allows interested parties to follow and keep up with relevant news in one location (dates, contracts, load-in information before the show, etc.).

Honestly, though, if it makes any difference, I'm in favor of juried shows for conventions this size.
horticulturalcephalopod
Getting the hang of this...

Re: PLEASE USE A THIRD PARTY SITE FOR SIGNUPS

Post by horticulturalcephalopod »

I agree. If AB wants to stay as a FCFS sign-up they need to move onto something like Eventbrite. If they want to switch to jury or lottery, they should look into Google Forms or Jot Forms.

The current site servers cannot handle the sheer amount of traffic and I am frankly shocked that nothing was done to fix things this year after last year's shenanigans. This isn't a new problem.